AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-01-01, 15:10   Link #1761
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

haha, at first glance this all sounds like a joke. Then you wonder if Sumizawa will pull it all around and it'll make sense at some point... o_O or not.

Wait, so Evil (Badass!)!Relena took the Mars federation presidency.
Zechs declared war on everyone, including her?
Heero/ ESUN/ Preventer wants her dead.

Is that right? It's confusing.

Well, maybe, if Relena is on the total pacifism trip again, ESUN/ Zechs faction realized it's a failed ideology (which Relena Darlian did too), and somehow figure it's dangerous and will attract problems? King Peacecraft was sort of dangerous to his people in my eyes.
Katerine stealing (!?) a MS and running off to join Relena like that somehow makes me think among these lines.

But I'm really confused.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 15:15   Link #1762
Kitsoru
:3c

Yeah, with Katherine running off and joining Relena, I'm starting to wonder if it'll be some kind of weird boys vs girls MS battle thing... XD

But yeah, what I'm confused about is WHO is declaring war on WHO (is that Relena or Milliardo (or "Zechs"!?) making that announcement...? And who's the ""So it's Merquise, huh?"" dialogue there belong to?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 15:23   Link #1763
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Haha, they'd loose, if no one else joins them!

That, and if Zechs cloned himself AND/or froze himself, when did he do that? Did he clone Noin too? Because, well hey, that would be awkward if he didn't.
And what about the kids? Are they kids? Or clones? It seems weird that someone would have a family, then clone/freeze themselves and who raised them?
Milliardo (the dead one)? Then they should've cared he was killed, right?
It's also weird because Milliardo was apparently so old. Duo was estimated as early 40s so Milliardo would be 50-ish.

People age at different speeds, yes, BUT not so much that one is Bombshell-icious (Catherine) and one completely wrinkly and old.
Old 2011-01-01, 15:24   Link #1764
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
It's also weird because Milliardo was apparently so old. Duo was estimated as early 40s so Milliardo would be 50-ish.
Not even. If Duo/Tro/Quat etc are 40, Milly and Noin'd be 44-45. :/
Old 2011-01-01, 15:26   Link #1765
wingzerosnuggles

In SEED, clones tend to be sickly and age faster so maybe Sumisawa's pulling that shit.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 15:28   Link #1766
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Not even. If Duo's 40, Milly'd be 44-45. :/
true, I was thinking he would be a maximum, in any case, whatever he did of 50, but it's really lower.
So I can't see how he could be especially old and wrinkly. Not even if he took up chain smoking, comatose-drinking and whatnot @_@

edit: winzerosnuggles: oh, good point. That would make "Milliardo" the clone of the younger Zechs? I guess we would know if we can confirm as how old "Zechs" was described...
Old 2011-01-01, 15:30   Link #1767
Samiia

Quote:
I never saw Toonami's page but I know the (laughably bad) gundamofficial website still has their Wing sections. http://www.gundamofficial.com/www_ac/gw/index.htm

And Heero calls everyone 'omae', Duo, Quatre, Zechs, Noin, Sally, even Relena, so.

@Samilia I don't think she's back to being a pacifist... so to speak ^^; That seems to be part of the problem, I guess.
Lol I loved Toonami's Gundam Wing page...and they even had a Gundam Wing game with a midi version of Just Communication as the theme song, it was awesome! And your right, that page does suck.

I can't imagine Heero calling anyone a bitch, even considering how douchey he's being haha so that's why I found it amusing. If I knew omae was the word used then i woulnd't have even considered it.

I thought that but then figured that if she's going back to being a Peacecraft (or if thats her clone...or WHATEVERlkdf) then she's going back to her pacifist ideals and try to once again create a neutral nation.
But if she's not then that would make a lot more sense. Perhaps Relena Darlian was frozen because her evil Peacecraft clone was trying to have her killed
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 15:30   Link #1768
Kitsoru

Quote:
Not even if he took up chain smoking, comatose-drinking and whatnot @_@
/reminded of the art of Zechs with the Wild Turkey bottle... XD

I wonder if they had just some random guy standing in for him... >.>

But yeah, jeez, what about their kids? And poor Noin.. x.x; The crap she puts up with for him, eesh.
Old 2011-01-01, 15:41   Link #1769
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

I agree that probably the pacifism is the problem. Always thought Cinq was overly idealistic AND a bit fanatic- Katerine running off like that somehow might imply that too :s but it's just a guess

Quote:
/reminded of the art of Zechs with the Wild Turkey bottle... XD

I wonder if they had just some random guy standing in for him... >.>

But yeah, jeez, what about their kids? And poor Noin.. x.x; The crap she puts up with for him, eesh.

LOL I thought of that pic too Always loved it

Random guy xD It's hard to guess without pictures. I'm leaning towards the clone idea, otherwise what can it be?

Well, the kids- if Milliardo was an actual person and raised them in any way, or had contact to them, they SHOULD be bothered. Even if it isn't their real father? SO... either he's just an expendable clone/ genetic manipulation-something (like Rau, or Stellar&friends in Seed??!), or the kids are simply fishy^10.

Whatever he is, he better have thought about including Noin too, that would just be the icing on the cake, the poor girl. She's too nice xD
Old 2011-01-01, 15:44   Link #1770
Samiia

Quote:
true, I was thinking he would be a maximum, in any case, whatever he did of 50, but it's really lower.
So I can't see how he could be especially old and wrinkly. Not even if he took up chain smoking, comatose-drinking and whatnot @_@

edit: winzerosnuggles: oh, good point. That would make "Milliardo" the clone of the younger Zechs? I guess we would know if we can confirm as how old "Zechs" was described...

@Kitsoru & Skullfaerie i was reminded of that picture also I could totally picture him having an alchohol problem.

Zech's is described as being a young man with long blonde hair...so he was either frozen sometime soon after EW or he's a young clone.

And another thing that kind of irks me that Corpus pointed out was that the project took a SUPER LONG TIME to complete. Assuming that Relena spearheaded the thing, that would make everyone over 200 years old. so that means that everyone was frozen at some point, or Sumisawa has his timelines really muffed up. -___-
Old 2011-01-01, 15:50   Link #1771
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
Zech's is described as being a young man with long blonde hair...so he was either frozen sometime soon after EW or he's a young clone.

And another thing that kind of irks me that Corpus pointed out was that the project took a SUPER LONG TIME to complete. Assuming that Relena spearheaded the thing, that would make everyone over 200 years old. so that means that everyone was frozen at some point, or Sumisawa has his timelines really muffed up. -___-
Yeah. It's gotta be him OR a clone :/ None of this stupid CONVENIENT lookalike business (like with Trowa Phobos...)

Well no, but that WAS explained. Look back and read Deacon's translation of the terraforming process. It was the Europan algae that allowed the process, which SHOULD have taken 200 years, to take far less time.
Old 2011-01-01, 15:53   Link #1772
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

The lookalike business bothers me :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiia View Post
@Kitsoru & Skullfaerie i was reminded of that picture also I could totally picture him having an alchohol problem.

ahahaha, that would actually be quite funny Always pegged Noin as being quite the drinker too for some reason.

That would make the kids what, between 15-17 at minimum and then they were raised by some random?
I guess he's got to be the original, due to the age of Milliardo and the kids not caring.
Funny if the kids actually turned out to be the original 6&9 in the end. Disturbing too.

About the timeline: It's either a retcon, or, like someone, somewhere mentioned, the actual project might've started/been attempted way before Relena decided to take it up again, possibly?
edit: Kitsoru nailed it, and it was Deacon who explained it, sorry
Old 2011-01-01, 15:54   Link #1773
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullfaerie View Post
funny if the kids actually turned out to be the original 6&9 in the end. Disturbing too.
ffffffffff–
Old 2011-01-01, 16:05   Link #1774
wingzerosnuggles

So this is Invasion of the Body Snatchers now? >.> And here I thought Sumisawa just wanted to rip off War of the Worlds.
Old 2011-01-01, 16:13   Link #1775
Samiia

@ Kitsoru From reading the summary provided, it did say that the guy WAS Zech's so I took it as that. It could be more doppleganger nonsense, IDK. But by the way it was put, I assumed that he's not. :]

And then also, the summary says "some 200 years ago Earth time...the terra forming of Mars was expedited by two happy accidents that brought Eurpoa Seaweed and Jupiter Moss to the planet and allowed them to flourish and eventually turned half the deserts into oceans and ultimately creating a habitable place." The moss/seaweed made the process faster, but it was still 200 years ago, or so this is saying. If Relena started the project, that makes everyone reallyold. But I'll read Deacon's translation, since apparently this is wrong.
Old 2011-01-01, 16:15   Link #1776
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

ahah, it's possible, and you know it. I mean, he's the man who had Treize tongued by his mum, made Relena a Char, sunk WufeixSally, so turning 6x9 into Angel Sanctuary style awkwardness while ripping off/parodying a couple of movies is sure not beyond him
Old 2011-01-01, 16:21   Link #1777
wingzerosnuggles

Treize is his Gary Stu so it's even weirder that he had him make out with Angelina.
Old 2011-01-01, 16:33   Link #1778
Kitsoru

I'm sensing some traumatic past author mommy issues... :B

(jk)
Old 2011-01-01, 16:37   Link #1779
wingzerosnuggles

If his mom was named Catherine, I will LOL even more.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:19   Link #1780
Washu-Chan