AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 19:18   Link #4041
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

http://gunota.info is now reporting in a Mizushima Interview that Graham is dead.

True?
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 19:31   Link #4042
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
http://gunota.info is now reporting in a Mizushima Interview that Graham is dead.

True?
Since we did see Graham alive, wearing a mask, at the end of the final episode, the whole "dead" thing is probably just a way to say that the person we knew as Graham Aker no longer exist, and that this new reborn Graham takes on a new identity. And that could also be the reason why he is wearing a mask.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 19:35   Link #4043
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

I guess that makes sense :P Maybe a whole Milliardo Peacecraft to Zechs Merquise scenerio...
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 19:48   Link #4044
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post

True?
Already posted here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3992

(On a closer look, it looks like that blog post was plagiarized from this forum...)

Last edited by brightman; 2008-04-11 at 20:34.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:33   Link #4045
Wesley84

[quote removed by a moderator]

Quote:
当初のロックオンのラフは今とは180度違うイメージだった
The initial rough draft of Lockon is different from his current image by 180 degrees
And they liked both so much they created a twin brother.

Quote:
・ラッセの口元の傷はスタジオからの指定
Lasse's scar on his chin is requested by the studio
Lasse was the "Pimp my Gundam"-Guy wasn't he?

Quote:
リーは襟を立てるなど細かい指定あり
Billy's collar being turned up was specifically requested
It's the little things that matter. He was at his best bandaged and focused on working.

Quote:
・紅龍は高河ゆんさんのお気に入りキャラの1人
Hong Long is one of Kouga Yun's favorites
Not that it matters, but in what way?

Quote:
00」は「ガンダムっぽい作品」のような安全パイを選ばずもっとチャレンジしようというところから スタ ートした。
00 was started not to be the typical safe Gundam-like work but to be more of a challenge.
Yeah, it's so edgy, so fresh, so hip, so real.

Stay tuned for next season as the bodies really start to hit the floor. Promise.

Quote:
・一番最初に出したアイディアに「宇宙怪獣と戦うガンダム」も。
Initially, the proposed idea was "space monster and fighter Gundams"
Then they realized it was the 25th aniversary of mothaf*ckin Macross and that there'd be hell to pay if they followed through with that idea.

Quote:
・二極化した勢力同士の戦いはやりつくされている感があった。
直前のガンダム「SEED」もそうだったのでならば「00」は
戦争を扱うにしてもテロや紛争を含めた多様性のあるものに
チャレンジしてみようと考えた。
There was an impression that a fight between two polarizing powers is overused. Since Gundam Seed before this was also like this, it was thought that 00 should challenge this and offer more diversity in which it handles war, such as through terrorism and disputes
They'd better seriously consider going back to the conventionals for the second season, because they failed miserably at presenting disputes and terrorism. Need I remind of the one episode terrorism was a focus? It was total bull through and through.

Quote:
・第一期では戦闘とドラマ部分の両立でやろうと思ったことが
うまく機能しなかったりで反省している。第二期で具体的に反映する。
How well the balance between battles and drama in the first season functioned was reflected upon . The second season will reflect this assessment.
There's no where to go but up.

Quote:
・「俺がガンダムだ」と言い出した時はどうなっちゃうと思った(笑)
あの台詞は黒田さん。
When “I am Gundam” was first said, I thought that the line was very Kuroda (laugh).
I'm afraid I don't get the joke. Is Kuroda a Japanese name for Batman?

Quote:
・ 第二期は刹那の内面に踏み込んでドラマを作る。
The second season will step inside Setsuna, setting up drama.
Setsuna will be an entirely different person by the time we next see him. If there is any sense in the world, he will be. Even terrorists have to grow up sometime.

Quote:
・ 10話あたりからだんだん狙い通りのフィルムを作れるようになってきた。
Gradually after 10 episodes it was possible to make the film as they wanted
Those were dark times. I hope people were fired for them.

Quote:
・ 戦闘シーンの見せ方が前半と中盤では違う。
The direction of the battle scenes is different in the beginning and the middle of the series.
Gundams owning all your crap vs. Gundams being owned, but not actually being defeated.

Quote:
・第一期は350カット以内で制作していた。
第二期は370カットで制作させてくれと頼んでいる。
The first season was produced using less than 350 cuts. Due to necessity, I have asked for more than 370 cuts for the second season. (budget is going up for the second season)
What is a "cut"?

Quote:
・ 「00」では人間は完璧なものではないということを描いてゆきたい。
I want to show that mankind is not perfect.
But we're still freakin' awesome. More awesome than anything, and we certainly don't deserve to be lead around by the nose by hack scienctist who's been dead for hundreds of years without so much as putting up a fight.

Quote:
・ 沙慈とルイスは第二期で重要な役どころになる。
Saji and Louise will serve an important part in the second season.
I considered them the best part of the first season. Seriously. Very disappointing how they handled the break up, and I'm sure I'll end up hating them along with everyone else before the next season is over...

And now, a dose of irony, Gundam OO-style!

Apparently Celestial Being has been dicking around with the world for two-hundred+ years. In fact, the current and most recent state of the world was largely of it's manufacturing. How much they influenced events is unknown, but the interview seems to imply a fairly heavy weight.

Now, when you consider the Meisters and how they're mostly doing what they're doing because they were handed a bad lot in life by the "twisted world", it's really quite funny since the world is the way it is because of the very organization they are fighting and even dying for! Both Lockon and Setsuna had their lives destroyed because of the conflicts caused by the big wanky solar array system and energy crisises, which were both key points in The Plan!

Of course, I'm sure if they ever found out, they'd say something cool like "I don't care, I will still use this power to change the world blah blah blah", instead of actually doing something useful for once and taking out Celestial Being.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 00:00   Link #4046
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I'm afraid I don't get the joke. Is Kuroda a Japanese name for Batman?
Yosuke Kuroda is the scriptwriter for Gundam 00. They're basically saying that it's just his style to come up with the line.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 00:44   Link #4047
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yosuke Kuroda is the scriptwriter for Gundam 00. They're basically saying that it's just his style to come up with the line.
Ah, I see. Punctuated one-liners. Sounds consistent with the rest of the script.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 03:12   Link #4048
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
It's the size of 97 suits :lol:
Not really, if you watch closely when Exia managed to ram his GN Sword into the Alvatore... The Exia was about almost half as tall as the Mobile Armor... I'll have to go with the 97 prototypes bid...
Old 2008-04-12, 04:26   Link #4049
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Oh shees, Aeolia's blood type is O?!

O....GUNDAMU!!!!!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 06:44   Link #4050
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Not really, if you watch closely when Exia managed to ram his GN Sword into the Alvatore... The Exia was about almost half as tall as the Mobile Armor... I'll have to go with the 97 prototypes bid...
Haha, yeah, I was kidding.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 12:27   Link #4051
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
They'd better seriously consider going back to the conventionals for the second season, because they failed miserably at presenting disputes and terrorism. Need I remind of the one episode terrorism was a focus? It was total bull through and through.
Not entirely. Their portrayal of terrorism from an outside perspective was just fine the way it was.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 12:28   Link #4052
*aya*
生田斗真、大好き!

Send a message via MSN to *aya*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace View Post
Since we did see Graham alive, wearing a mask, at the end of the final episode, the whole "dead" thing is probably just a way to say that the person we knew as Graham Aker no longer exist, and that this new reborn Graham takes on a new identity. And that could also be the reason why he is wearing a mask.
i'm so like Graham and Setsuna,but at last they killed each other= =

someone told me they are also alive.And Graham will wearing a mask.Why there are so many people who wear a mask in gundam series- -||
*aya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 14:03   Link #4053
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
What is a "cut"?
Not quite sure myself... But the blogger's commentary was that the second season would have an even higher budget because of that.
Old 2008-04-12, 15:41   Link #4054
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya
And Graham will wearing a mask.Why there are so many people who wear a mask in gundam series- -||
Because arguably the most popular character in Gundam history Char Aznable wore one and when subsequent series were produced it just became a traditional staple of the franchise...Also in Zeta Gundam (The second ever G-series) Char (because of his sensitivity to bright light) started wearing sunglasses which became somewhat of an implied motif on the mask look...So because of the impact this character had on the lore nearly every series has either a mask-guy or a sunglasses guy (which is mostly a tribute of sorts)...While most of these mask-guys are considered "Char-clones" (because of there similar blonde-haired and charismatic look), many have non-blonde features aswell...Based on my knowledge of Gundam inwhich I've seen every series, Graham would definitely be considered in the "Char-clone" category (Although he would be the first blonde-haired character to wear an iron-mask--Unless Corrozo from Gundam F91 had a scene I missed where they showed his face)...Hope that helps you understand a bit more, because that's one aspect of Gundam I truly dig...

Old 2008-04-12, 17:15   Link #4055
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Speaking of iron-masks, I've always wondered what Char's mask was made out of. I thought it was some sort of metal.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:30   Link #4056
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Speaking of iron-masks, I've always wondered what Char's mask was made out of. I thought it was some sort of metal.
No, probably not... From Ep 2 of MSG, it looked pretty flexible... More like some sort of synthetic cloth.

I would say Neo's mask/helmet look pretty metallic, and Zech's helmet might be metal as well... Both might be other materials though.
Old 2008-04-12, 23:57   Link #4057
dudude

I am not sure if anyone notice yet, but at the end of Episode 25, Tieria's uniform is same as Graham's. Assuming Graham is still in the Earth Federation Army, it would mean Tieria (if that's him) joined the Earth Federation Army ~
dudude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 03:01   Link #4058
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudude View Post
I am not sure if anyone notice yet, but at the end of Episode 25, Tieria's uniform is same as Graham's. Assuming Graham is still in the Earth Federation Army, it would mean Tieria (if that's him) joined the Earth Federation Army ~
Ever heard of "NOT TIERIA"?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 12:48   Link #4059
dudude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Ever heard of "NOT TIERIA"?
No one knows if that's Tieria or not, but it is safe to assume so until alternative spoilers come out. Anyway, it is suggested throughout the series that Tieria is not a human, so he might be a robot (or sth like that) that can be programmed. One theory is that he might be captured or even might be even spying.
dudude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 13:01   Link #4060
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudude View Post
No one knows if that's Tieria or not, but it is safe to assume so until alternative spoilers come out. Anyway, it is suggested throughout the series that Tieria is not a human, so he might be a robot (or sth like that) that can be programmed. One theory is that he might be captured or even might be even spying.
I believe it was confirmed that the person that looks like Tieria isn't Tieria at all. Her name is Regene, by the way.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers