AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 101 57.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 23.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-21, 10:39   Link #261
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
THAT definately wasn't a teleport. Revive just misses the 00, because it already moved away. Those particles are just floating around the suit.
I'm pretty sure you're the one who misunderstands that scene.
Old 2008-12-21, 10:41   Link #262
RDF2050
Superidol

Damit i hate my father he take me out of the computer that same time i was watching the episode complaining about cleaning. Dam it now i have to download the RAW .

The episode is very good
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:55   Link #263
black_cat1

Quote:
Let's not have a "X is better then X" conversation when we don't really know for sure. It's just a childish argument when you don't have any source to back up your statement.
Well, you see...

Four Gundam vs many MS of A-Lols

And they took down many enemies without using TA (Setsuna not here). U think Patrick can win if he fight two Gundam at the same time ?
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 10:57   Link #264
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
My take is that the phenomenon was an aftereffect of having so much GN Particles that it basically performed itself while resembling the effect I described above. Basically, the afterimage taken to the next level.
I guess we'll have to rely on future eps... and background docs... to get the full story.

In the meantime, a little observation - between when the 00 is charging through the beam (more or less) to when it is "stabbed", it doesn't change posture. So maybe it was a hologram for most of that sequence - there is a closeup on the 00's drives, which may indicate the start.

It may also be that these special tricks can only be used when moving in a straight line, or something like that.

If we assume that the stabbed 00 image was that way all along, then maybe Setsuna's shocked expression is for another reason - ie he was witnessing the scene from another angle and didn't realise what was going on until the last second.
Old 2008-12-21, 11:23   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
And they took down many enemies without using TA (Setsuna not here). U think Patrick can win if he fight two Gundam at the same time ?
So you're telling me the Gundams are better then Patrick because they can win a 2 on 1 match?

Oh yeah, such a fair fight that will be. Great way to find out who is the better pilot.
Old 2008-12-21, 11:38   Link #266
velocity7

I'm leaning towards 00 now having an ability not much unlike Jehuty's Zero Shift from Zone of the Enders. And don't take 3-5 seconds of delay for granted, people, because we call that dramatic effect!

Also, Trans-Am does not determine who is a better ace pilot. It only determines who gets the massive advantage bias; if you want a clear case of who is better in combat, have a look back at episode 7 when Graham nearly killed Setsuna.

Finally, Ahead and GN-X units are not as great as a Gundam, but in large numbers, they can overwhelm a Gundam.
Old 2008-12-21, 11:42   Link #267
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

If it wasn't hat we are on the halfway of the series and Lyle is one of the main characters this season, he would have been offed . Patrick is still the joker. Did anyone counted how many times he battled with Gundam and survived?

Wow that 00 Raiser for having such a power. Mirage? Teleportation? Moreover, voices can be heard. I wonder what else 00 Raiser can do?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 11:45   Link #268
velocity7

If Setsuna starts making use of the ability to hear voices like he did in episode 12, we are going to see him become The Ultimate Pilot(tm), lol

Unless the Innovators have a way of being able to block him from reading minds, they are so screwed for the rest of this series.
Old 2008-12-21, 11:48   Link #269
black_cat1

Quote:
So you're telling me the Gundams are better then Patrick because they can win a 2 on 1 match?
Just ask u a question

Can Patrick survive if he fight many enemies at the same time like Gundams did?
Old 2008-12-21, 11:51   Link #270
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That's not really a fare question now is it? They're the main Mobile Suits of the franchise, so of course we're going to see them doing things like that. Get Patrick in a Gundam and i'll talk to you on the subject.

& you keep changing your question from it's original source, just because i made it clear that your original statement was wrong.
Old 2008-12-21, 11:57   Link #271
KanaKaishou

Quote:
Just ask u a question

If he had a Gundam? I don't see why not, if they can basically throw a n00b like Lyle into a Gundam, and he does fine.
KanaKaishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 12:00   Link #272
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
If Setsuna starts making use of the ability to hear voices like he did in episode 12, we are going to see him become The Ultimate Pilot(tm), lol

Unless the Innovators have a way of being able to block him from reading minds, they are so screwed for the rest of this series.
Ultimate pilot? If that is the case, he can finally be on par with Kira Yamato. Setsuna needs more training. He relied too much on his machine. To take on Innovators is really something. Before he get screwed, he really need to know his machine and fight with it to its maximum capability.

Oh yeah, Mr Bushido hasn't appeared yet.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 12:08   Link #273
black_cat1

Quote:
& you keep changing your question from it's original source, just because i made it clear that your original statement was wrong.
I'm not changing anything. I just prove that the old Meister are better than Patrick, if u answer that because they are main char, then I have nothing to say anymore.

GN-XIII is not worse than Gundam too much, and the Meister didn't use TA, their speacial ability. In the past, Gundams took down the enemy just by their skill, not some special power.
Old 2008-12-21, 12:11   Link #274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm not changing anything. I just prove that the old Meister are better than Patrick, if u answer that because they are main char, then I have nothing to say anymore.
Haha why would i say they're better just because they're main characters?

Sorry but the Gundam pilots have not shown me that they're ace pilots. It's characters like Ali and Graham, also the same goes for Patrick. It's just that his luck isn't very good.
Old 2008-12-21, 12:12   Link #275
pingva

Quote:

GN-XIII is not worse than Gundam too much, and the Meister didn't use TA, their speacial ability. In the past, Gundams took down the enemy just by their skill, not some special power.
Most of the fights in season one gundams won, because gundam was superior mecha. If you want to see some skills look at Graham, Ali, Sergei, Halleliujah, Soma and even Patrick.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 12:16   Link #276
patnam

As i see 00 Raiser's battle, its Twin Drive System has other function that can read the Innovators mine, that's why Aeolia wanted to create this to surpass the Innovators superior...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 12:17   Link #277
black_cat1

Quote:
Sorry but the Gundam pilots have not shown me that they're ace pilots. It's characters like Ali and Graham, also the same goes for Patrick. It's just that his luck isn't very good.
You forgot that in ep 25 of s1, when Tieria got hit by Avaltore's cannon. Patrick and his comrade took advantage and tried to kill him. Tieria took them down just by two shots at all.
Quote:
Most of the fights in season one gundams won, because gundam was superior mecha. If you want to see some skills look at Graham, Ali, Sergei, Halleliujah, Soma and even Patrick.
I said about battles in ss2.
Halle is truly a super soldier, even Sergei can't match with him. Soma only target Alle so I don't know about her skill. Sergei, Ali, Graham are veteran at all.
Old 2008-12-21, 12:23   Link #278
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Omg, ESCAPE PODS! lol it's about time we had these in Gundam.
Old 2008-12-21, 12:26   Link #279
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Also, Trans-Am does not determine who is a better ace pilot. It only determines who gets the massive advantage bias; if you want a clear case of who is better in combat, have a look back at episode 7 when Graham nearly killed Setsuna.
While I think Setsuna isn't the best pilot around in Gundam 00 universe, I think the specific episode you're referring to doesn't prove Graham is better than Setsuna. I mean Setsuna with trans-am activated was overwhelming Graham, but then Gundam 00 started to whine and it went off line completely... if that wouldn't have happened Graham would be in the dead count characters by now.
In the final episode of S1 Setsuna performed very well against Graham as well, WITHOUT Trans-Am... too bad he just finished off Alvatore so Exia didn't have enough energy to repeat Trans-am not to mention Setsuna was really tired.

Quote:
Finally, Ahead and GN-X units are not as great as a Gundam, but in large numbers, they can overwhelm a Gundam.
Well that's a given in Gundam 00 universe luckyly: unlike seed universe a tons of cannon fodders can take down a named gundam. It's like in reality: quality can be overwhelmed and erased by quantity.

Anyway guys regarding the Gundam 00 Riser teleportation theory: I think it's true.
We already know GN particles are used by Innovators as a mean for istant communication (they lead quantum waves).
I think the purest form of GN particles, the one produced by Gundam 00 Riser (aren't they green?), allow istant movement as well...
The visual effects about when Gundam 00 was stabbed and then disappeared are TOTALLY DIFFERENT than the ones used for Trans-am movements so they're clearly two different things.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 12:30   Link #280
nutype
Future MD

just finished the episode that has to be the most hax gundam Ive ever seen. Freedom has nothing on 00 raiser in trans am.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote