AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 16:38   Link #121
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterumoe View Post
I KNOW, I READ THE NOVEL
And I should know that because...?

Anyway, at this rate I'll be happy if they even get around showing
Spoiler for rats.:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 16:48   Link #122
Moeterumoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And I should know that because...?

Anyway, at this rate I'll be happy if they even get around showing
Spoiler for rats.:
You're exaggerating.

They still have 42 (give or take) minutes to cover what's left. They could manage it. There's gonna be a lot of action now and in animation it goes a lot faster and I still think they could add some kind of confession or something of that sort to show us Saki and Satoru love each other.

And I mean how much time does it take to say "I love you, Satoru!"

Last edited by Moeterumoe; 2013-03-10 at 17:10.
Moeterumoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 17:08   Link #123
Moeterumoe
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 24:

So far the anime has been going out of its way to downplay the closeness between Satoru and Saki (not that the book has a whole lot of it, but at least it makes things clear) to the point cutting them holding hands while they're both scared shitless, which is pretty much the most innocent type of hand-holding ever. I'm not hoping that they're going to change this. :/ If they do that's great (even though it may be too late), but I'm not holding my breath. :/
Spoiler for novel:
Moeterumoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 11:26   Link #124
Diveman

Ive got a question regarding the novel. Do they, at any point, explain how Yakomaru was able to kill maria and mamoru and steal their kid?
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:51   Link #125
kuromitsu

^Nope.

But if you ask me he probably waited until the child was born, maybe even a bit later until he was weaned, and then killed his parents in their sleep or something like that.
Old 2013-03-23, 15:12   Link #126
charizardpal
灼眼の

I keep hearing the novel had a more forbidding ending than the anime. Could someone elaborate?

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
charizardpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 19:09   Link #127
Shadow5YA

Did they ever explain in the novel why Shisei had four pupils?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 20:55   Link #128
brocko

From the General Discussion Thread, pg 37
Quote:
Yeah, I suppose they won't mention it now...
Spoiler for Kaburagi Shisei:
Anyway I'd like to know more about the apparent 'bleaker' tone that the novel ended on as well.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 00:16   Link #129
Piesum

I'd like to know about the novel ending as well. Of course, I need to watch the anime ending first. But if there's any difference I'd like to know too!
Piesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 00:25   Link #130
Piesum

Actually, is there anyone who can tell how the actual book ended? with the same scene as the anime?
Old 2013-03-24, 22:06   Link #131
kuromitsu

Right, as for the end of the book.

Spoiler for what the anime didn't get into (though it hinted at it):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piesum View Post
Actually, is there anyone who can tell how the actual book ended? with the same scene as the anime?
Kind of, yes. The book ends with Saki thinking about her returning thoughts of a burning flame. She says at first she thought it was a throwback to her initiation rite, but now she thinks it's more like the afterimage of something unchanging that will keep burning, facing the future. (Sorry my translation skills are really not up to par tonight, someone should do a better translation of that...) It seemed to me that the anime used this image to tie its positive themes up in a personal and nostalgic way. (However, what the kids say in the flashbacks is all anime original.)
Old 2013-03-25, 05:27   Link #132
brocko

After reading that spoiler, people are right, the novel ending is a bit of a downer. Damn haha. Talk about extreme hope and fear lol.

Thanks for that btw

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2013-03-25 at 05:46.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 09:59   Link #133
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

This certainly explains why they didn't have a child until now.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 11:49   Link #134
taichi-kun

Sorry I'd like to know if saki learned tomiko's technique and will live 250 years like her..?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 12:30   Link #135
debstaman

can anyone tell me if they explan what happend to mari and mamarou in the novel???
how the died or anyhing and whatdid they do up to the pint of them giving birth
debstaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 12:55   Link #136
ChronoReverse

Thanks kuromitsu. I liked the anime's ending but the novel's ending is even more interesting.

I'll say that for the anime format, its ending was appropriate though.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 22:23   Link #137
Piesum

Thanks very much.

The novel's ending definitely gives me a clearer idea of where this story really ended.
Old 2013-03-27, 13:28   Link #138
SquidPrincess

Talking Shinsekai Yori Potential Professional English Translation!

For all of you waiting and hoping for an English translation of the novels, Here's a company willing to do it if they reach a certain amount of interested people. (around 4,500 they previously stated.)

In order to promote this translation, you must live in the US, UK, or CANADA, have a tumblr account, and "Like" the original post. Which can be found here:

http://vertical-inc.tumblr.com/post/...ld-translation

Here is more information about it:

http://randomc.net/2013/03/05/potent...ai-yori-novel/

Please like and share with people you know might be interested! We're already at 1,017 likes. We can do it!
SquidPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 10:23   Link #139
YayPepsi

Someone said that in the novel, Saki and Satoru both imagine they're having sex with Shun while they're having sex with each other. Is that true? Because if so, lol. That seems extremely unhealthy. Yes, he was their childhood love and yes, he was tragically torn away from them and their memories were played with, so maybe they didn't have time to cope with his loss in a normal way. (Satoru said as much in the anime.) But still, I think it's sad that after all they've been through together that they're still obsessed Shun to the point where they have to picture him while they have sex. So, I really hope the person who said that was just making that up.

Last edited by YayPepsi; 2013-05-17 at 10:34.
YayPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 07:50   Link #140
kuromitsu

^No, it's true. It happens after they lose Maria & Mamoru, and if you pay attention to the timeline it's only a few months after Shun's death. If you think of the stress and the emotional mess they both are in that moment, having lost two more people whom they loved, it's not that surprising that they both end up thinking of the boy they both still love (even though their memories of him are blocked). Yes, it's messed up and unhealthy, but there you have it.

Note again this happens BEFORE the 12 year time skip, and for all we know it could've been a one-time occurrence. (If you ask me it probably was.)