AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 02:16   Link #521
backbone
Banned

Too many characters introduced without proper character developments that they just end up as useless characters and wasting episodes

Worst offender : Nanoha Z
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 03:35   Link #522
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Too many characters introduced without proper character developments that they just end up as useless characters and wasting episodes

.....fan service purposes *killed by Nanoha fans..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 04:10   Link #523
Kyuu
=^^=

OK, having a backlog is making me feel... rather loathsome... However, I will watch many of the good ones, while sifting away the bad ones (by dropping them).
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 05:56   Link #524
Write
Banned

Manchildren is another thing I hate too!
Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 11:42   Link #525
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post

To be fair, Nanoha is hardly the only show that does this. It does get kind of ridiculous though, you have a vast array of characters yet they get shafted aside later in the series. Bleach is even worse in that regard.

I also hate how in some anime, there are kids who are wise beyond their years yet still act like kids in some areas. You mean to tell you are mature to acknowledge your immaturity yet you still act like a ten year old? Granted, maturity is subjective and it still applies to real life but it doesn't stop from being annoying.
Old 2013-04-11, 11:49   Link #526
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write View Post
Manchildren is another thing I hate too!
Cute buzzword. There are people out there (particularly a subgroup of, ironically, video game fans) who would label you a "manchild" just for liking anime. Just using that word alone has no merit and makes your post worthless.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 18:09   Link #527
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I hate that chastity couples and unresolved romances are the standard for anime with romance in them.
Old 2013-04-11, 20:12   Link #528
Write
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Cute buzzword. There are people out there (particularly a subgroup of, ironically, video game fans) who would label you a "manchild" just for liking anime. Just using that word alone has no merit and makes your post worthless.
And those people would be using the word out of context.
Old 2013-04-11, 21:53   Link #529
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
And those people would be using the word out of context.
Why would that be the case? Many people still seem to think that animes are for children (or atleast it's something immature) and very often in their eyes people watching animes are "man children"

Also the defintion of man child that we are using now using now for immature adults is the informal usage of the word man child, so we are already using that word out of it's original context ....
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:16   Link #530
Write
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Why would that be the case? Many people still seem to think that animes are for children (or atleast it's something immature) and very often in their eyes people watching animes are "man children"

Also the defintion of man child that we are using now using now for immature adults is the informal usage of the word man child, so we are already using that word out of it's original context ....
Even if anime was aimed at children, engaging in it wouldn't necessarily make you a manchild.

Your attitude/reaction towards anime determines that. Also what you watch and why.

If I go play ball with my kids at a park exclusively for children, am I a manchild for enjoying myself?
Old 2013-04-11, 22:20   Link #531
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Even if anime was aimed at children, engaging in it wouldn't make you a manchild.

Your attitude/reaction towards anime determines that.
What defintion are you even using for man-child? Because i seem to be missing something.
Old 2013-04-11, 22:23   Link #532
Write
Banned

Quote:
What defintion are you even using for man-child? Because i seem to be missing something.
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
There's a lot of things to hate about, but I think the obvious number one is the fanbase. Even a decent series can seem like complete garbage when it's accompanied by awful fanbase that constantly discuss about the most autistic things one can imagine. (Such as character X vs character y from different series or the typical creepy unironic waifu discussions/discussing about the series' fanservice elements in disturbing detail like creepy manchildren) Ignoring them is possible, but unlikely, and just leaves a bad taste in my mouth whenever I try to watch/read the series in question. It doesn't help that whenever I call them out on the respective threads, they tend to respond with the worst answers they could come up with. Even if they're the vocal minority, the problem lies within the fact that they're vocal in the first place, and as a result, they are extremely obnoxious to deal with.
Sidebar: looking back I see something really disgusting said about ignoring those you don't agree with lol. Interesting.
Old 2013-04-11, 22:29   Link #533
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
This

Sidebar: looking back I see something really disgusting said about ignoring those you don't agree with lol. Interesting.
So how is that something you hate about anime? It's more like hating the "creepy fanbase" of an anime, but not the animes itself.

That is the same as saying that you hate role playing games, because of the "larpers"
Old 2013-04-11, 22:32   Link #534
Write
Banned

Quote:
So how is that something you hate about anime? It's more like hating the "creepy fanbase" of an anime, but not the animes itself
Can you address what we're discussing though? I don't want to get too off track but yes, I consider the actual community a part of "anime". If you disagree then we can just end it at that.
Old 2013-04-11, 22:38   Link #535
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Can you address what we're discussing though? I don't want to get too off track but yes, I consider the actual community a part of "anime". If you disagree then we can just end it at that.
To be honest I don't consider the entire community (especially not the minority) as a direct part of anime, you will always have a few groups of people who are a little too extreme in every kind of medium. (like sci-fi , fantasy, comic books etc. )

Also can you actually blame an anime (or any kind of media) for the actions of a small group of people? Not every anime has your socalled "manchildren" as it's community.

edit:
Let's make this example very extreme (who knows, maybe it's even true XD):
i hate first person shooters because there are potential real life killers playing them.
This example is just as silly for hating anime because it has "man children" watching animes
Old 2013-04-11, 22:45   Link #536
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I hate it when one character is massively overpowered compared to the others.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 22:46   Link #537
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
Isn't that the case for comic books, american cartoons and action movies (and many other things) as well ? XD
Old 2013-04-11, 23:12   Link #538
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Quote:
Isn't that the case for comic books, american cartoons and action movies (and many other things) as well ? XD
And even some novels but still it is annoying even in a parody, the hero stomping everything in his path get annoying after while.
Old 2013-04-12, 01:16   Link #539
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
This can be a bit of an issue "sometimes," but I find it more common for the main character to be hideously underpowered compared to the others.
Old 2013-04-12, 03:57   Link #540
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I hate characters who after being defeat disappears for an episode or two then appears again and "shows off" his new powerful skill. Just when we thought he could butt kick his enemy now... he will be shock that the enemy has another skill and everything backs to what is before.. talk about spoiling the chances of winning...

Best example Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote