AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 04:21   Link #521
konart

See no problem, really. If you have additional rockets for stinger\igla it's pretty much the same - you just have to choose the right spot to fire from.

And rockets were pretty useless against jets in BF2 anyway.
Old 2011-12-02, 06:48   Link #522
Chase

Does not matter, it will not bring the chopper down. Not against any decent chopper pilot and someone in the chopper repairing it(something DICE didn't seem to take into account). We are not talking about Jets here. 3 people with stingers vs 1 chopper=the chopper wins still. The flares already recovered way too fast from the beginning, chopper can fly out your range in time, around stuff and now you buffed the damage out put of the chopper and nerf the damage of the stinger? It already took a lot from jump start but now you made it basically impossible now to even disable it which was what i use to try to accomplish just to get it off my team's back. You basically are just depended on your own air support. The soflam+Javelin is another option but requires your teammate and can be very time consuming(also the javelin doesn't do the damage it should). A lot of times resulting you not helping your team capture flags and you getting taken out. They may as well take the stinger out of the game now as its rendered useless.

Also the IRNV is useless now, campers and snipers got their wish. Was it overpowered? Eh i can't say either way but they nerfed it to oblivion. That may as well be removed from the game also. What else..............yeah those mines are joke now to showing up on radar like that. You don't have to spot them half the time as they show up the instant they are dropped on the ground. They need to start doing polls before the make some of the changes they make to the game balance wise. Fixes= B+ Balance choices=F
Battlefield 4

Last edited by Chase; 2011-12-02 at 07:06.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 07:56   Link #523
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Does not matter, it will not bring the chopper down. Not against any decent chopper pilot and someone in the chopper repairing it(something DICE didn't seem to take into account). We are not talking about Jets here. 3 people with stingers vs 1 chopper=the chopper wins still. The flares already recovered way too fast from the beginning, chopper can fly out your range in time, around stuff and now you buffed the damage out put of the chopper and nerf the damage of the stinger? It already took a lot from jump start but now you made it basically impossible now to even disable it which was what i use to try to accomplish just to get it off my team's back. You basically are just depended on your own air support. The soflam+Javelin is another option but requires your teammate and can be very time consuming(also the javelin doesn't do the damage it should). A lot of times resulting you not helping your team capture flags and you getting taken out. They may as well take the stinger out of the game now as its rendered useless.

Also the IRNV is useless now, campers and snipers got their wish. Was it overpowered? Eh i can't say either way but they nerfed it to oblivion. That may as well be removed from the game also. What else..............yeah those mines are joke now to showing up on radar like that. You don't have to spot them half the time as they show up the instant they are dropped on the ground. They need to start doing polls before the make some of the changes they make to the game balance wise. Fixes= B+ Balance choices=F
Did they do something to IRNV? 0_o Never noticed the changes

Anyway, this thing is OP:

I mean... srsly, it's almost like he's playing Serious Sam or Bulletstorm.
Old 2011-12-02, 09:03   Link #524
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

MM, I should look at the patch notes at some point.

Also, holy crap at the USAS-12, that's insane. Although, he did cherry pick the kills of him going against groups of people tightly packed who didn't know he was there (or were idiots). Metro is a fairly easy troll worthy environment too. Once you're on the backfoot down the bottom there half the fight goes out of them.
Old 2011-12-02, 09:50   Link #525
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
MM, I should look at the patch notes at some point.

Also, holy crap at the USAS-12, that's insane. Although, he did cherry pick the kills of him going against groups of people tightly packed who didn't know he was there (or were idiots). Metro is a fairly easy troll worthy environment too. Once you're on the backfoot down the bottom there half the fight goes out of them.
I guess I'm just unlucky, almosts always playing against people who care about flags

On a side note:

Quote:
Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand is coming December 6th on PS3, December 13th on PC and Xbox 360
Old 2011-12-02, 10:03   Link #526
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Did they do something to IRNV? 0_o Never noticed the changes
After the nerf patch

Patch seems to be on PS3, don't think PC has it yet.

As for the AT mine? there was no reason to nerf that, it was as fine as it was. If the tank driver got hit by the AT mine, then it was their fault for not paying attention.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 10:22   Link #527
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

True that about AT mines. Does the IR scope work 'properly' on night maps? or is it the same as in that video. I could see them nerfing it that way for those using them in day maps/hot areas, but night maps it should still show up the way it used to. Otherwise, yeah, totally useless now.. le sigh, cry baby snipers.
Old 2011-12-02, 10:35   Link #528
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

I play on the PC version so cant judge about it however based on that video, the smoke in metro just messes up with the IRNV.
There was another video of bazaar where looking into the scope seem foggy.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:11   Link #529
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
After the nerf patch

Patch seems to be on PS3, don't think PC has it yet.

As for the AT mine? there was no reason to nerf that, it was as fine as it was. If the tank driver got hit by the AT mine, then it was their fault for not paying attention.
The very same patch for PC was before the one for PS3, and IRNV wasn't nerfed there. Not THAT much at least
Old 2011-12-02, 11:46   Link #530
Jaden

USAS should rape a squad when you take them by suprise. The FRAG rounds on Hardcore are a little obscene though. They are supposed to be suppression, but people die really easily from just the splash damage.

If they weren't so OP I'd like the ability to carry multiple types of rounds.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:13   Link #531
Chase

Yeah that USAS is crazy.lol i use that gun every once and a while now(USAS) when i get pissed at another team.I use to use it a lot with frag rounds of course. I remember seeing it for the first time in this game on metro, thought i had the drop on a squad only to hear what i thought were a bunch of explosives going off around me. I got disoriented and shrapnel+bodies started flying everywhere. It was those frag round they were using with it. I didn't know which way to shoot and if you don't see that person with that gun right off the bat, you have no chance nor does anyone near you. That gun also seems to have more range than it should. I shot someone from inside the building at the back of "D" on seinne all the way across the street who was in another building themselves. Only took 5 quick shots with frag rounds. Shooting someone up close near you and near a wall also does damage to the user, possibility killing you.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 22:55   Link #532
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Damn I never knew the USAS and frag were so effective. I've been killed a couple of times by frag rounds but never to the scale that bloke was unleashing them.

Being shot at frag rounds feels like someone in a LAV or BMP is opening up with the autocannon... XD

I'll be sure to give the USAS a go tonight and try and unlock those rounds. >:3

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 07:26   Link #533
konart

The second patch for PC is on the way:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4775976450221/

Spoiler for changelog:
Old 2011-12-05, 13:34   Link #534
Jaden

Well, I'm glad they are removing the IRNV. Well, not remove but in that state no one's going to use it.

There was no real point using any other scope, and it was a shame having to play with the great graphics turned into 2 colors. Reminded me of the days when we kids played counter-strike with glowing head models and monotone textures.
Old 2011-12-05, 17:33   Link #535
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Someone say USAS?

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 18:29   Link #536
Jaden

Makes me think of the Expendables, all that. Best parts of the movie was the guy raging with his FRAG round shotgun.
Old 2011-12-06, 06:50   Link #537
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

The second patch, with most of the Back to Karkand content packed in, seems to be about 3.9GB. Anyone else have to download this much?
Also, seems that once the Official DICE Platoon hits 15000 fans, all of them will receive a nice gift (or gifts) of some sort (and that fan counter is moving up quite fast).
https://www.facebook.com/battlefield...30588580348446
Old 2011-12-06, 07:39   Link #538
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
The second patch, with most of the Back to Karkand content packed in, seems to be about 3.9GB. Anyone else have to download this much?
Also, seems that once the Official DICE Platoon hits 15000 fans, all of them will receive a nice gift (or gifts) of some sort (and that fan counter is moving up quite fast).
https://www.facebook.com/battlefield...30588580348446
yeah, 3.9 or so.

The tower on Caspian Border now falls down at the end of the game

Last edited by konart; 2011-12-06 at 08:18.
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 18:14   Link #539
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Usas really ? for me it's meh , cuz lot of people will only play with... as if Rocket wasn't enough. But well.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 18:52   Link #540
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lord...

you all wish the games played out like that. :P

Last edited by blakstealth; 2011-12-06 at 19:47.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote