AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 19:49   Link #21
Clarste
Human

Here's my take on all the possible pairings so far, based on my knowledge of narrative tropes:

Leerin: "Girlfriend by default" from before the story. It's unclear if they were "official" before he left his hometown, but if she ever shows up in Zuellni (or he goes back) I think she has the best chance. This is not because she's the childhood friend; those often lose. Then again, she's also the type of character who gets killed off for drama. We'll see.

Mei: She has no chance whatsoever. She's actually quite likely to become his girlfriend mid-series, but then she'd have to die or dramatically give him up or be rejected for whatever reason. It's impossible for her to win in the end.

Felli: They have a nice chemistry and I like the fact that they have similar problems and can relate to each other through that. Also there's an element of being each other's "secret keeper" in that they can be honest around each other in a way that they can't around others (on certain kinds of topics anyway). Felli has also been given a lot of focus from quite early on. However, as much as I'd like to see this, its very unlikely to happen. She's afflicted by the "tsundere curse" and will remain friend-zoned in all likelihood. Good friends though, who compliment each other in their skills and have a lot of trust when it counts.

Nina: She's the wild card at this point. Narratively, she's obviously the primary heroine from the beginning, but there's really a distinct lack of romantic interaction or subtext between her and Layfon. Frankly, you could probably replace her with a male character without changing very much at all. They have a combination of "buddy" character development (while at the part time job mostly) and a "cop versus superhero" kind of rivalry during the platoon parts. If she ever steps up as a love interest I could see her winning, but if she doesn't then she'll just never have been in the running. It's not like heroines have to be paired with heroes.
Old 2009-02-15, 19:57   Link #22
TrueKnight

Hmm we don't know yet. With 18 more episodes remaining ep there are still huge chunk of chances for developing the story and Fon-fon's interactions with the girls. Cover 11 of novel consist Felli in the front followed by Leerin, Nina and Mei last lol. I'm still hoping for Fonfon to melt Felli's ice like that useless red-haired guy did with the ice girl in Kimikiss. So yeah here's still betting on Fonfon x Felli.
Old 2009-02-15, 22:58   Link #23
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Mei's basic problem is she's the Moe blob. Cute.. yes but still a moe blob.
Old 2009-02-16, 06:09   Link #24
Redlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Hmm we don't know yet. With 18 more episodes remaining ep there are still huge chunk of chances for developing the story and Fon-fon's interactions with the girls. Cover 11 of novel consist Felli in the front followed by Leerin, Nina and Mei last lol. I'm still hoping for Fonfon to melt Felli's ice like that useless red-haired guy did with the ice girl in Kimikiss. So yeah here's still betting on Fonfon x Felli.
Well, I wouldn't put too much faith in the covers. Volume 9 seems to show a three-way confrontation between Felli, Leerin, and Nina in date-style clothing, with Fon trapped in between the three of them at night, though that might be like back of the book summaries: Promising something that isn't quite what happens in the book."
Spoiler for For the novels, not sure if that's allowed in the context of romance discussion:
There's definitely a big chance for Nina, who seems to be the stereotypical Shonen anime heroine/romance interest. Leerin's entrance is sure to destabilize any relationship Reifon makes, and Mei seems to remain a contender throughout the series.

But I'm also hoping for a Fonfon x Felli ending. A Fleecy is fine too. (Freezy is obviously Engrish at its best.)

Last edited by Redlar; 2009-02-16 at 06:24.
Old 2009-02-16, 06:20   Link #25
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Well, I wouldn't put too much faith in the covers. Volume 9 seems to show a three-way confrontation between Felli, Leerin, and Nina in date-style clothing, with Fon trapped in between the three of them at night, though that might be like back of the book summaries: Promising something that isn't quite what happens in the book."
Spoiler for For the novels, not sure if that's allowed in the context of romance discussion:
There's definitely a big chance for Nina, who seems to be the stereotypical Shonen anime heroine/romance interest. Leerin's entrance is sure to destabilize any relationship Reifon makes, and Mei seems to remain a contender throughout the series.

But I'm also hoping for a Fonfon x Felli ending. A Fleecy is fine too.
... Whoa. The anime needs to get to that part quick! O_O

So, if you say so (in the spoiler)... that means I need to doubt Nina's "qualification of inclusion" into the harem no more, right?

That means another one of my suspicions cleared. Same goes for Felli. Man, Layfon's surely has a power which unwillingly makes him a chick magnet. Probably his Kei doesn't only contain that zomglolwutSaiyajingawdhax power, but some special... *cough*pheromones*cough*
Old 2009-02-16, 06:25   Link #26
Redlar

Yeah, Nina's going to become more noticeable in those terms. If Felli isn't careful, she might lose in the anime.
Old 2009-02-16, 06:26   Link #27
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar
Epic win. Now I just had to follow this series to the very end in order to see this comes to fruitition!

*further waves Fon-fon x Felli Flag *
Old 2009-02-16, 11:16   Link #28
Cinocard

But...Volume 11? Now I'm wondering if we can get anywhere with 24 episodes.
Old 2009-02-16, 11:19   Link #29
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
My thoughts about the heroines relationship with Lay-Fon:
-Leerin:archtype:"childhood friend". Probably Lay-Fon's "former" GF. She's the one who knows him the longest and probably the best.Role:firing up the romance, (probably) support.
Win(in sense of romance) possibility: High
-Feli:Archtype:"mysterious loli". A near emotionless doll in appearance. She found him somewhat similar to herself and begin to attracted to him. The second most powerfull person in Zuleni, but relucant to use her powers because she feels like she's used.Role:comrade in arms, moe factor, comedy element.
Win possiblity: Medium
-Mei:Archtype: "damsell in distress". She saved by Layton at the start of the story and begins to attracted to him. She sees him as some kind of knight and the most dedicated to the romance.Role:moe factor, comedy element
Win possibility: Low
-Nina:Archtype:"knight"? A honest and friendly person who's very hard-working. She's the last of the "harem". polar opposite of Feli both in looks and personality. Yearning for more power to protect the weak(and Zuleni) more effectively. She's been trough some painfull situations and has a very kind inside. She considers Lay-Fon as a friend and comrade for now.Role:comrade in arms, leader.
Win possibility: High(currently Lay-Fon shows the most interest to her)

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-02-16 at 13:08.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:30   Link #30
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Great, a new shipping ground. Not? Anyway, going for Felli for obvious reasons

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2009-02-16, 12:46   Link #31
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Hmm, epic lost for felis maybe?
Layfon probably told her to get lost and she couldn't handle the rejection.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:54   Link #32
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Hmm, epic lost for felis maybe?
Layfon probably told her to get lost and she couldn't handle the rejection.
Where'd that come from... Things don't work that way.

Girls don't respond to a rejection with the guy looking surprised (and confused, maybe) and they themselves blushing like mad before fainting. They would be depressed.
Old 2009-02-16, 13:05   Link #33
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Where'd that come from... Things don't work that way.

Girls don't respond to a rejection with the guy looking surprised (and confused, maybe) and they themselves blushing like mad before fainting. They would be depressed.
She was so depressed she fainted?

what l find interesting is that mei is still around...considering she is a minor character?
Old 2009-02-16, 13:10   Link #34
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

not quite right cuz ppl rarely blushes when depressed...i think she's deadly emberassed(loli-echi element?)...
Old 2009-02-16, 13:11   Link #35
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I'd love to see that in animation

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2009-02-16, 13:12   Link #36
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Even then, did you even take into account she was embarrassed and blushing while Layfon was shocked while the two other girls barged in when they are together...

... I can't really feel any sense coming out from that statement "Felli fainted because she was depressed while blushing and looking embarassed..." that would be a weird response to a rejection. Of course, Layfon looking surprised might be because of that but... still, it doesn't make any sense.

Or maybe I'm just too tired to think that it actually made any sense... time for the bed. >_>
Old 2009-02-16, 13:22   Link #37
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post

Or maybe I'm just too tired to think that it actually made any sense... time for the bed. >_>

No, l'm just trying to be difficult with you on purpose in a playful way.
but in all seriousness...l dunno how that scene favors any of the girls
Old 2009-02-16, 13:28   Link #38
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Maybe a bit Feli, but it's not something that realy counted as big effect.(if you consider that everything exept her hair far from big:P)
Old 2009-02-16, 13:32   Link #39
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
No, l'm just trying to be difficult with you on purpose in a playful way.
but in all seriousness...l dunno how that scene favors any of the girls
What? It favors Layfon the most, and the reason I'm even bothered with the harem is because of Layfon himself. So no matter what comes out, it's pure win
Old 2009-02-16, 13:37   Link #40
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Maybe a bit Feli, but it's not something that realy counted as big effect.(if you consider that everything exept her hair far from big:P)
true.....but perhaps she was confiding in him something personal....and never expected the others to overhear her and collapsed from the embarrasment...that could also explain layfon's shocked expression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
What? It favors Layfon the most, and the reason I'm even bothered with the harem is because of Layfon himself. So no matter what comes out, it's pure win
How does it favor him....?
l don't have access to the novels....so l got no clue
Closed Thread