AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-22, 12:55   Link #1821
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Something didn't feel right to me about this episode. The whole atmosphere of the show seems wrong for some reason. I can't really explain it, but I didn't dislike this episode, but something wasn't right about it
Old 2011-03-22, 13:03   Link #1822
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It reminds me of Achakura and Kimidori...
Kimidori: That's it... I'm flying off!
Achakura: Where are you going?!!!!
*flashback*
Kimidori: Good bye.
Achakura: KIMIDORRRIIII!!!!!
*bomb explodes*
BOOOOMMMM!!!!

Ayumu: Good bye.
Haruna: AYUMUUUUU!!!!
Yuki: NOOOOOOOO!!!
Ayumu: And by the way, I'm a zom- *bomb explodes*
BOOM!
Yuu: *writes* These last lines about his line being interruped is pure fiction.
Old 2011-03-22, 13:04   Link #1823
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I concur: I personally find this episode quite weak despite we got more information regarding the king of the night.
Actually, I didn't feel any progression whatsoever, and the tension was incredibly lacking. Of course, the dinner at the end was meant to be "surreal" considering that the host of this, but the rest of the episode was incredibly dull, despite few good details such like Sera's stance.

For some reason, this episode reminds me how Angel Beats was quite awkward at comedy/serious plot transitions at times. Whereas Zombie was fine before, in the last episodes, we got a lot of things left to be desired in term of mood.
And I can't help but be frustrated by Yuu being dragged left and right without any proper "explanations" (I wish there was a dramatic narration or something, instead of having this kind of presentation). And this is rendered as a much bigger annoyance with little king being basically a very passive villain (aside of his "hostile" action early in this episode). It just doesn't contribute anything to the nearly inexistent tension.
Old 2011-03-22, 13:25   Link #1824
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that's one evil explosive to deal with. In a more serious situation would be something to watch everyone turn on the person who has the bomb on their heads and run for it . Poor Yuki having her fate decided by the wild guess of Haruna. I guess it's lucky that she only made the timer speed up and not outright explode.

Was a bit of a strange feeling episode. Tension didn't quite feel there. Still shows how tough it is to go up against the villain of the series. Those shadow abilities are hard to predict and defend against. Plus he's a zombie which makes taking him out insanely difficult to begin with. I'm starting to wonder if he sent Kyouko on her killing spree just so she would become so powerful that it'd be possible to kill him.

And of course some great scenes with Yuki being cute. Rough episode for Sera though.
Old 2011-03-22, 14:56   Link #1825
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah this episode really felt quite flat. Didn't know what to make of it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 16:17   Link #1826
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Spoiler for ep one-oh:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 16:46   Link #1827
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

This episode felt strangely off like the last episode. It wasn't really bad, but I didn't really enjoy it compared to the first eight episodes. Although the comedy bits were pretty good such as the time bomb, the drama bits weren't executed well imo.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 17:02   Link #1828
Archangel Roy
Nandaiyo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It may be late for saying this but...this episode made me LOVE Tomonori....I don't know why that I have this feeling when she was introduced few episodes ago. I think it must be the cloak that she wore made she look cute.
Same here XD I'm glad i'm not alone on that XDD
Old 2011-03-22, 17:40   Link #1829
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm personally not that bothered by this mix of drama and surreal humor. The series has always been this way. The only difference is that the comedy/drama ratio has been reversed last episode. I do agree the final scene of episodes 10 and 11 were too melodramatic, though (with 11's being unintentionally (?) hilarious to boot). Episode 10 had other flaws as well, which I didn't find in this episode. Overall, I thought it was a huge improvement over the previous episode.
Old 2011-03-22, 20:56   Link #1830
doomknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
More Saras and Yuki and LESS Sera and Haruna!
Agreed totally . Too bad 2 episodes left i feel we wont get much of Saras hope for second season !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It may be late for saying this but...this episode made me LOVE Tomonori....I don't know why that I have this feeling when she was introduced few episodes ago. I think it must be the cloak that she wore made she look cute.
Its never late man.. and i agree i liked see Yuki with cape.

Hahaha here is the funny pic i liked....

Spoiler:

Sera's looks bigger than ever o.o ...Also funny the face of Saras, poor girl she is the "regular" out of the three but in my opinion she is fine as she is .. and cute Yuki again showing she got some too .
Old 2011-03-22, 21:09   Link #1831
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. Not the best, but still enjoyable. The bath water was so funny.

The final boss is pretty strong, but I guess Yuu is going to make him mortal again or something so he can die.

And Ayumu should have answered the question about being alive for a long time with something along the lines of it being fine if Yuu is there. Not to mention his harem... but Yuu is of course the important factor here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm personally not that bothered by this mix of drama and surreal humor. The series has always been this way. The only difference is that the comedy/drama ratio has been reversed last episode. I do agree the final scene of episodes 10 and 11 were too melodramatic, though (with 11's being unintentionally (?) hilarious to boot). Episode 10 had other flaws as well, which I didn't find in this episode. Overall, I thought it was a huge improvement over the previous episode.
Agreed. I think it's doing a good job. The drama isn't too off base and the scenes aren't too stretched out. We can pretty much gather why Yuu is not returning home but I suppose they have to iron everything out for her.
Old 2011-03-23, 18:07   Link #1832
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
More Saras and Yuki and LESS Sera and Haruna!
I dont mind Haruna but less Sera is always a good thing.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 18:28   Link #1833
Riou17
Red☆Crystal

It's official: I love Yuki more than Haruna XD

I neither love nor hate episode 10. It feels a bit rushed and weird. I don't know...it just feels weird to me. I only like Yoruno' and Yuki's scene, others are a bit so-so. Ayumu jumping off to explode was a bit funny at first and then a bit melodramatic.
Old 2011-03-23, 20:03   Link #1834
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou17 View Post
It's official: I love Yuki more than Haruna XD

I neither love nor hate episode 10. It feels a bit rushed and weird. I don't know...it just feels weird to me. I only like Yoruno' and Yuki's scene, others are a bit so-so. Ayumu jumping off to explode was a bit funny at first and then a bit melodramatic.
Personally, I would think it would have a larger emotional impact if they show Ayumu shedding one tear when they zoomed to his face as he grits his teeth (several seconds before bomb goes off)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 20:11   Link #1835
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I dont mind Haruna but less Sera is always a good thing.
What ditch SERA, the only mature character (concerning looks and behaviour)... nah! OK, behaviour-wise there is also Yoruno... or something-guy and Yuu, but the only adult here in both respects is Sera... damn you lolicons and kids go watch/read your shounen stuff

Don't get me wrong, Haruna, Tomonori, are cute and stuff, but they are also too damn childish
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 20:25   Link #1836
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
What ditch SERA, the only mature character (concerning looks and behaviour)... nah! OK, behaviour-wise there is also Yoruno... or something-guy and Yuu, but the only adult here in both respects is Sera... damn you lolicons and kids go watch/read your shounen stuff
Sure, because calling someone a "piece of shit" over and over just to spite/annoy them is VERY mature and adult-like.

Her personality sucks, end of story. Tis' a shame really.
Old 2011-03-23, 20:36   Link #1837
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Sure, because calling someone a "piece of shit" over and over just to spite/annoy them is VERY mature and adult-like.

Her personality sucks, end of story. Tis' a shame really.
Agree thats only the looking while the personality isn't Haruna has the look of a child yet acts like one and there are other that pretends to be mature yet acts very childish despite the appareances.

IMO, Sera is far to be mature.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 20:36   Link #1838
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Hm, seems like you're on a crusade against kids, from the looks of your recent comments...

personally, Sera's too mature for my tastes... just like her boobs, too big for me.
not to mention, sometimes her so-called 'mature' behaviour feels strangely forced...
Old 2011-03-23, 20:39   Link #1839
Midonin
Last Engage

The strength of a show is not decided by any one character. Love comedies are, most of the time, ensemble works, and an ensemble means that the contribution of every character to the dynamics should be considered.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 23:37   Link #1840
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Where's Kyoko? I'm starting to miss her.
Same here. I hope she'll appear again, only two eps left...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
In the first episode he asks the naked Haruna to fetch his lower half and in the next scene he's whole again, so the glue doesn't seem to be necessary. But I can't recall if Ayumu has shown any ability to move detacted bodyparts.
The glue seems to be unneccessary indeed.
It looks like he can't move detached body parts, or he wouldn't have needed Haruna to fetch his lower part.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen