AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-31, 21:47   Link #2781
~Ayane~

Quote:
Naturally that MB won't be as popular than Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat
Actually, I was thinking about 2D scene solely, but nevermind that, already.

Quote:
What is done is done. Will's first and I have an impression that Bern will be the last. I bet that 07th Expansion are thinking in popularity too.
Yeah, right. If that was the case, Lambda would be on the throne on the game cover, and not that Faggot Battler 2.0.
And I hardly doubt Will is more popular than Bern.
Old 2012-01-31, 21:54   Link #2782
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
Yeah, right. If that was the case, Lambda would be on the throne on the game cover, and not that Faggot Battler 2.0.
And I hardly doubt Will is more popular than Bern.
You don't understand. I was saying that Bern probably will be the last because of her high popularity, to maintain hype. And yes, Black Battler is far more interesting than Lambda and Bern (my opinion).
Old 2012-01-31, 22:04   Link #2783
~Ayane~

Uh-oh..Sorry.

Quote:
And yes, Black Battler is far more interesting than Lambda and Bern (my opinion).
Opinions aside.. even though I couldn't disagree more.. but I didn't said that because of what I think, I was reffering to the latest popularity poll.
Old 2012-02-01, 03:53   Link #2784
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
I know that I wouldn't mind so much that they're doing it in instalments and doing Will first if there was an image or even a video of the other characters, rather than just the sprites. >_>

If they're releasing Will, that means he's pretty much finished, so Burn and Lambda will be pretty much finished aside from balance tweaking and the other stuff. It's not too much to ask for an image of them or w/e...
Old 2012-02-01, 07:29   Link #2785
GospelDS

Well, it doesn't really help getting worked up about it...
I for one am glad Will's the first one to be released. Actually, I couldn't care less about Bernkastel... the only reason I would like to have her in the game is to beat the shit out of her, because she seriously deserves it... >_>
Old 2012-02-01, 07:34   Link #2786
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GospelDS View Post
I for one am glad Will's the first one to be released. Actually, I couldn't care less about Bernkastel... the only reason I would like to have her in the game is to beat the shit out of her, because she seriously deserves it... >_>
Me too, pardner.
Old 2012-02-01, 09:17   Link #2787
Nanashi_1337

I do have to say, while there is some story in Ougon, it's quite poor. All stories are disconnected from each other (unlike Blazblue). Half of them are just joke endings (Dlanor and Virgilia don't even have a serious one), and for the rest, they're okay except when they end with a Rivals ending, aka Battler&Beatrice/Lucifer. Don't take me wrong, it's not bad, but it's definitely not great.

It would have been great if they allowed us to take different paths to reach a funny or a serious ending, like in Blazblue. And perhaps, that it touched the novels a little more. Yeah, they do that in the endings, but there's nothing about that in any story conversation the characters have. Maybe I'm asking too much for a doujin fighting game.
Old 2012-02-01, 09:20   Link #2788
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
It would have been great if they allowed us to take different paths to reach a funny or a serious ending, like in Blazblue. And perhaps, that it touched the novels a little more. Yeah, they do that in the endings, but there's nothing about that in any story conversation the characters have. Maybe I'm asking too much for a doujin fighting game.
In the future, perhaps. OMK leaves a huge space for improvements.

1 - Lobby for online matches
2 - Perfect system
3 - Challenge Mode (why not?)
Old 2012-02-01, 09:31   Link #2789
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Ougon has it's share of serious stories, though.
Battler and Rosa, Battler and Kanon, B.Battler and Shannon, George and Jessica, Erika and Ange, Ange and Battler, Ange and EVA, EVA and Ronove, Beatrice and Ronove and Shannon/Kanon are the ones which jump to my mind.
Granted, I was really annoyed with how many joke endings there were in CROSS. It's alright to have joke endings with characters whom you've got no extra story to tell or something, but when all the character does is feature in joke endings, it's a huge waste.
Old 2012-02-01, 11:34   Link #2790
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, I thought we already established, that we are not keeping attacks as they were originally depicted, for the sake of balance or even for playability?
Yes we did, and this is exactly the "balance" and "playability" issue that I can understand why Lambda and Bern aren't added first, despite both are more popular than Will, especially Lambda. If it was so easy as you claim it to be, they would actually be able to include them even when Cross initially released. That much shows they have to polish the characters despite they were planned, thus they didn't have enough time. And choosing only 1 character to release is another evident point that -they can't pull characters like rabbits from a magical hat-.
Quote:
I never claimed it's not? The initial argument was that Melty Blood is a huge hit despite being a doujin game. I only stated, that it may be popular within some circles, aside of Type-Moon freaks, but it's still not on par popularity wise with mainstream fighting games, so i simply wouldn't call it "huge hit".
This shows how much you don't have any idea about the 2D fighting game scene in Japan. Melty Blood is one of the most successful fighting game over there, to the point it has a place for the damn Tougeki, the biggest 2d fighting games tournament you can have in Japan, alongside with EVO.
It started as a doujin game, and right now, it is one of the most popular 2D fighting game over there. You may don't care about that, but that's exactly what the game might aim to, despite being a "mere fan game", with a thorough effort to balance it. If it was a pure fan game, it would have been gutted the same way Daybreak was.

Another "fan" game is currently soaring in popularity: Aqua Pazza, yet it didn't exactly look like "anything serious" until it attracted people who are not even fan of leaf/aquaplus.

So while I will not deny the fact that it is a fan game to begin with, it doesn't stop it to change into something of a complete different league.
Quote:
Lol, wtf. This isn't even an opinion. Opinion is your saying Will was obvious to launch first.
Swords wielding characters are always the easier to design first, because there are plethora of different swordsmanship style you can pick (Iai, technical, etc), and the only issue with such characters is the activate frames period of some attacks.
Will also has not so "specific" attacks shown in the VN, so they have nearly no restrictions in the lot.

From a gameplay perspective, Will is the easiest and thus the "obvious choice" among the 3.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-02-01 at 11:50.
Old 2012-02-01, 12:20   Link #2791
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GospelDS View Post
Who cares? I dislike and couldn't careless about majority of the cast, so what? Nothing.

Quote:
Yes we did, and this is exactly the "balance" and "playability" issue that I can understand why Lambda and Bern aren't added first, despite both are more popular than Will, especially Lambda. If it was so easy as you claim it to be, they would actually be able to include them even when Cross initially released. That much shows they have to polish the characters despite they were planned, thus they didn't have enough time. And choosing only 1 character to release is another evident point that -they can't pull characters like rabbits from a magical hat-.
Right, except those are only your wild guesses. You don't know how is it in reality.

Quote:
This shows how much you don't have any idea about the 2D fighting game scene in Japan.
But I wasn't talking about Japan specifically.

Really, this discussion is boring and pointless. Whatever.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:32   Link #2792
GospelDS

Quote:
Who cares? I dislike and couldn't careless about majority of the cast, so what? Nothing.
If you dislike the majority of the cast why do you even bother with Umineko at all? Just because of Bernkastel?

Quote:
Really, this discussion is boring and pointless. Whatever.
But you're the one who started this whole kindergarten quarrel.
I understand that you're upset about your favourite character not being added first. If Will was to be released as the last one, I wouldn't be happy either, but in the end it's just a game and you'll get Bernkastel eventually.
Will it kill you to wait a little longer?
Moreover, there's nothing you can do about 07th Expanison's decision apart from accepting it. People here are just trying to give you valid reasons why that decision was made, but if you don't want to understand, at least stop whining about it. If you wish to, you can firmly believe Ryukishi did that move just to piss you off, but in that case I would suggest you go to him personally and complain about it.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:00   Link #2793
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Does anyone know what Erika says during her SP2?
Old 2012-02-01, 14:27   Link #2794
Solkiskey

Quote:
Right, except those are only your wild guesses. You don't know how is it in reality.
Because you do.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:42   Link #2795
reiimuuchan

Personally, I'd like to believe these updates are taking a while cause 07th expansion actually cares about this game and wants it to be good, not that they're deliberately trying to troll people

but that's just me XD
Old 2012-02-01, 14:59   Link #2796
cronnoponno

They can take as long as they want, delay characters as much as they want, ect.

What is important to me is how they keep us informed, like this supposed update about Will.

It doesn't HAVE to be final, I mean, I consider it to be really epic how they actually allowed us to see their portraits and sprites(even if they're not permanent) in the character select screen, it keeps us teased, hyped, and informed of their progress. Or like that beta video of Dlanor and Erika, that was also great.

I wanted Lambda first, but go ahead and release Will first, I mean they're all gonna get released eventually anyway, what I would want is updates on the progress of Bern and Lamb(and Will), they don't have to give us the ENTIRE rundown, maybe a screenshot or 2 every few weeks, maybe a small video of a few of their skills, ect.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:08   Link #2797
legomaple

Quote:
But I wasn't talking about Japan specifically.
That is kind of stupid, since the game was aimed for people in Japan. If it wasn't there would have been english in the game.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:18   Link #2798
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
They can take as long as they want, delay characters as much as they want, ect.

What is important to me is how they keep us informed, like this supposed update about Will.

It doesn't HAVE to be final, I mean, I consider it to be really epic how they actually allowed us to see their portraits and sprites(even if they're not permanent) in the character select screen, it keeps us teased, hyped, and informed of their progress. Or like that beta video of Dlanor and Erika, that was also great.

I wanted Lambda first, but go ahead and release Will first, I mean they're all gonna get released eventually anyway, what I would want is updates on the progress of Bern and Lamb(and Will), they don't have to give us the ENTIRE rundown, maybe a screenshot or 2 every few weeks, maybe a small video of a few of their skills, ect.
What do you mean, "supposed update"? Will is gonna be in the game. It's been confirmed as much as Bern and Lambda being in the game. They have his picture in the character select screen, and even on the official website (just look at the very bottom of the screen).

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-02-01, 16:08   Link #2799
cronnoponno

I tend to use excessive and pointless words in my vocabulary, I am very challenged in that regard, I didn't doubt that Will would be first, if I say words that don't seem to fit in a sentence, all I can say is try to dismiss it immediately.

What I was referencing by ''supposed update'' was ''They updated the status, and Will is the first to come''
Old 2012-02-01, 21:01   Link #2800
~Ayane~

Quote:
If you dislike the majority of the cast why do you even bother with Umineko at all? Just because of Bernkastel?
Actually, that's partially the case. But that's irrelevant.
Characters aren't the only element that makes the story.
It's perfectly possible to like the series for its plot, setting or premise and not care much for the characters.
And on the other hand, having only one or two characters you really like is more than enough to make you care for the title a lot.

Quote:
But you're the one who started this whole kindergarten quarrel.
I understand that you're upset about your favourite character not being added first. If Will was to be released as the last one, I wouldn't be happy either, but in the end it's just a game and you'll get Bernkastel eventually.
Will it kill you to wait a little longer?
Moreover, there's nothing you can do about 07th Expanison's decision apart from accepting it. People here are just trying to give you valid reasons why that decision was made, but if you don't want to understand, at least stop whining about it. If you wish to, you can firmly believe Ryukishi did that move just to piss you off, but in that case I would suggest you go to him personally and complain about it.
I'm not "whining", I was expressing my displeasure. That's what forums are made for, exchanging your views with other people :S
Closed Thread