AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-23, 03:18   Link #361
mistress_kisara

This poor girl, I really felt bad for her when the teacher scolded her..and LOL to Kuroko no basket reference..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 03:28   Link #362
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Poor Tomoko. Those boys were nice enough to ignore how completely strange her dialogue was and then they even bought her a new umbrella. She's being spoiled by strangers.

This episode was surprisingly light-hearted compared to all the others. There was actually a whole lot of nice stuff here. We even got to see Tomoko legitimately take half-assed care of her sick brother.
Yes, it's in moments like those that I think 'maybe she'll be ok, with a bit of help'. Sometimes it's all too easy to not notice the good things that have happened, or to assume the worst- such as when Tomoko thought her umbrella had been stolen.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 04:27   Link #363
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Azure View Post
Yes, it's in moments like those that I think 'maybe she'll be ok, with a bit of help'. Sometimes it's all too easy to not notice the good things that have happened, or to assume the worst- such as when Tomoko thought her umbrella had been stolen.
I think it's still ultimately rooted in her inability to hold a "normal" conversation with strangers. Which is why social opportunities just fly straight pass her.

Of course, this episode also emphasized even more how Tomoko is a Misanthrope. It's my view that her awkwardness gives her "protagonist status", and if we took away that social awkwardness, I don't think she would work as a protagonist people would root for, because of the tendency to assume the worse of others. Then again, that hatred of others is probably interlinked to her ultimate resentment of her social awkwardness.

If this is the lightest this show can go, it's going to be very grim indeed. Truly, the anime Black Comedy of the year.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 04:54   Link #364
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

What is this!? Make Tomoki cry episode? Damn this anime for making me feel sorry for her even more than I already do with each passing episode!
Old 2013-07-23, 05:04   Link #365
hamazura
whatever

i cant resist my second-hand embarassment when kuroki tried to talk to 2 boys when raining
Old 2013-07-23, 05:29   Link #366
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Holy crap, that canopy scene. I just couldn't watch it without pausing...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 06:22   Link #367
EroKing

I thought I was going out spit some blood on my keyboard at this scene
Pretty funny how the worst hits to Tomoko comes at the end from Yuu

Couple of freebies.
Old 2013-07-23, 06:39   Link #368
HandofFate

Tomoko should show her face more.
Even with messed up hair from the raid, she looks much better when you can clearly see both her eyes.

Great chapters this episode.
I cringed @ the rain scene, especially at her 'dirty joke'

The little brother & Tomoko time was fun. Such a kind brother.

Watched the ending for the first time. How many cellphones does she have...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:06   Link #369
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.3

tomoko hearing talks how rain messed hair yet her hair messed & not notice it then class time forgot her book get BLAH by teacher so after school see water river til BLAH by same teacher cause danger of water river in rains.

then tomoko got damage umbrella til two guys appear what do panic & run to restroom then nap give two guys give her a new umbrella then arrive home give trying herself yet left her brother out have got him with cold.

tomoko on pe give not a b-ball person til hear 3 option for path walk give went with option 2 aka unwanted cherry cause 1 is pure & 3 is married with got KO by b-ball.

back home tomoko tried get her brother cold even far cause no one visit her then yet she got the cold cause it happen later time yet happen on weekend & text send to yuu well she pick 3 aka married cherry.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:26   Link #370
MasterVampire

Can anyone make a gif of that part where her brother kicks her

that was funny with the sound effect of her gagging or something
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:51   Link #371
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tomoko is so damn awkward I feel embarrassed for her. Her interaction with those two boys (who were actually extremely nice)... oh man
Old 2013-07-23, 09:06   Link #372
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The thing is, most of the people in this show are nice to Tomoko. There are the thoughtless, but so far we've seen almost nothing worse than that - and generally a lot better. That's the irony of it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 09:14   Link #373
EroKing

Yes at one point I was thinking "BAD ONEECHAN!" She should have at least treated her little brother a little nicer when he was down with the cold
Old 2013-07-23, 11:25   Link #374
s07195
However,

I liked the angle shot at the beginning, where we're looking out of the lockers. The angles used in the anime so far are quite interesting.

EDIT: I'm rewatching the episode and the whole broken umbrella bit makes me want to laugh, but then I'd feel bad.
Old 2013-07-23, 12:14   Link #375
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
The little brother & Tomoko time was fun. Such a kind brother.
The thing that's probably surprised me the most with the response to this series is how many people sympathize with Tomoki. To me, he just seems like... kind of a douche? I must be missing something, because to me he's come across as little more than a jerk that doesn't seem to care about his sister's emotional well-being at all.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:34   Link #376
sikvod00

^Most siblings act like that with one another superficially (i.e., a jerk that doesn't care about the others well-being), but deep down they actually care. For instance, Tomoko did wake up in the middle of the night to change his towel, after spending most of the episode treating him like trash. Obviously it's not a universal experience, and it doesn't even apply to how I was raised. But it's still quite common.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:37   Link #377
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I liked the angle shot at the beginning, where we're looking out of the lockers. The angles used in the anime so far are quite interesting.
I really liked the locker scene, but I think they went over the top when the teacher was yelling at Mokocchi and the frames kept sliding around each other. There are places where that could work but here it served no purpose other than to show off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
The thing that's probably surprised me the most with the response to this series is how many people sympathize with Tomoki. To me, he just seems like... kind of a douche? I must be missing something, because to me he's come across as little more than a jerk that doesn't seem to care about his sister's emotional well-being at all.
To me they seem like the most realistic siblings I've ever seen in anime -- Tomoko trolling her brother with the brocon act, the way she kept him out of the bathroom, Tomoki raiding her room for video games. He's harsh to her, but it's retaliation for how she treats him -- I don't normally like guys hitting girls in anime, but his kicking her after she poured hot soup on his face is exactly the kind of physical violence real life siblings get up to. And when he pushes it too far, like telling her to die in the first episode, he does back down and at least listen to her even if he's making sarcastic comments in his head.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:41   Link #378
sikvod00

To be fair to Tomoko, besides changing his towel at night (without wringing it out), she also bought some snacks for him at the convenience store. When it comes to siblings, little things like that matter.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:42   Link #379
HandofFate

Its the sibling kindness behind his actions. Keep in mind, Tomoko has no problems conversing "regularly" with her brother. And he puts up with it well.

So from his perspective, she's just the annoying slightly eccentric big sister that's always bothering him. Vice versa, Tomoko also acts like a good sister to him while taking care of him, even if she had ulterior motives.

I think the sympathizing part is that he's the only other one we get to hear the thoughts of. He thinks she's a giant pain, but he's willing to tolerate it and spend time with her and put with some of her ramblings.

Its just nice that taking away Tomoko's solo awkward times, its refreshing to see a good sibling relationship in an anime that doesn't drop into incest/fake-incest territory.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 12:55   Link #380
ChampDream
Alive

the end Tomoko reading Yu-chan answer, her reaction was really funny, also I like how in the beginning that random girl start talking about her hair and Tomoko's hair start getting messy

Tags
coming of age, dark comedy, high school, satire, slice of life