AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-12-27, 21:39   Link #5821
Narrator 1
Master of Ellipsis

Another quick question, for setting's sake.

Does anyone remember what the curfew time is for schools in AC?
Old 2013-12-28, 03:28   Link #5822
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Now that I think about it, I don't believe that has ever been mentioned in the novels. But I would assume that it depends on the school/education level.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 18:37   Link #5823
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Hi guys.

I been more asked then once to do a rewrite of my first ever Fanfiction story. I'm not sure if it's even worth it if theirs not enough support. I know what I can do better a second time round. But I thought I'll leave it to any body who cares about the story enough to see a newer version.

A Certain Hidden Level Five.
I have no clue if anybody on here has even read it. But if you do please help solve the question. There is a poll on my profile for this question.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~loremastereolas
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:25   Link #5824
Ilidsor
Angelerator

If anybody still cares (since it's been so long since I've updated) I've finally gotten the time to start working on the next chapter of Touma's Busy Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
For once, I feel satisfied with my finished chapter.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9605098/19/To-Ascend

Enjoy~.
It was nice to see some Touma/Laura (Even if your Touma is different from canon-Touma) interactions. Also I really enjoyed the Christmas special you did. Wish I had had time to do one this year.

Now I have a question for everybody that's a little strange. What holidays do you consider fanfiction worthy? As in, what holidays do you think would work as the basis for a fanfiction? I've done one for Christmas and one for Halloween now and I'd like to do more. I'm planning a valentines day one, but beyond that I don't really know what to do. Any ideas?
Old 2013-12-29, 00:16   Link #5825
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

I for one would like some more Japanese holidays. I remember doing Setsubun (February 3rd: Bean Throwing Festival) and Tanabata (July 7th: star festival) segments in Super SS which were pretty entertaining. And I could see expanding the idea out to be a history lesson with a Academy City twist.

I guess the closest one of those holidays would be the Coming of Age Ceremony (Second Monday of January)
Old 2013-12-29, 00:28   Link #5826
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
If anybody still cares (since it's been so long since I've updated) I've finally gotten the time to start working on the next chapter of Touma's Busy Day.

It was nice to see some Touma/Laura (Even if your Touma is different from canon-Touma) interactions. Also I really enjoyed the Christmas special you did. Wish I had had time to do one this year.

Now I have a question for everybody that's a little strange. What holidays do you consider fanfiction worthy? As in, what holidays do you think would work as the basis for a fanfiction? I've done one for Christmas and one for Halloween now and I'd like to do more. I'm planning a valentines day one, but beyond that I don't really know what to do. Any ideas?
If you are going to do one for Valentine's Day you should probably also include one for White day.
Old 2013-12-29, 11:43   Link #5827
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
I for one would like some more Japanese holidays. I remember doing Setsubun (February 3rd: Bean Throwing Festival) and Tanabata (July 7th: star festival) segments in Super SS which were pretty entertaining. And I could see expanding the idea out to be a history lesson with a Academy City twist.

I guess the closest one of those holidays would be the Coming of Age Ceremony (Second Monday of January)
Good idea, I hadn't thought about that. The Coming of Age Ceremony is too close but I could try the star festival one.

Quote:
If you are going to do one for Valentine's Day you should probably also include one for White day.
I'm not sure if my idea requires a sequel though. We'll see.
Old 2014-01-02, 18:08   Link #5828
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get around to doing this, but I wanted perhaps to try writing a fanfic for what would have happened if Hayate (from Hayate the Combat Butler) and Touma switched places (from the beginning of both stories...), because I feel like it would be pretty funny... (though it would have spoilers from both series... because I'd write everything to end up in the same way as it does in the manga/LNs, but the details as to what happened would change...)

They're both super-unlucky protagonists for the sake of comedy and both supremely skillful when they need to be I feel like it could work if written well...

Any opinions?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 19:28   Link #5829
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Hello guys again, back from my dads and the poll was in favour of a rewrite. So that is what will happen and has already started. My intention this time around is to simply show how much my writing skills has improved and make my first fanfiction a much better story.

I hope if anybody reads it will enjoy the newer version of a Certain Hidden Level Five.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9986081...Fated-Memories

The old version of the story is still on my account if you want to see.
Old 2014-01-03, 05:57   Link #5830
LevelSeven

hey everyone ,
i have already wrote (or better im writing right now) on different fanfics,

since a few days i couldnt stop myself and think about a idea, a new fanific about all of the Level 5's

a WHAT IF story: in a summary:

--> All Level 5's will meet in one place
--> After a discussion about who have created this meeting the came o the conclusion that it was a stranger,
--> four hours ago all of them recieved a letter in which stood that if they not meet with the unknown person he will start to target their friends and familys....

--> suddenly a man shows up, starts to cast a spell and before they can do anything they find themselfes somewhere in AC, or on the other side of the world..

--> they find out that the are all in a diferent timeline, in this one the Level 5's havent stopped their growing....they was incredible strong, and all of the crazier as the other one...

#1= The Death God; a Monster who slaughtered over 100.000 innocent humans in one night
#2= The Barbaric Angel;a Insane esper who controls Russia and is with the advanced technologiys in a war agaisnt AC,
#3= The Lightning God; kills without any regret
#4= to fight against her isnt a fight anymore, instant death
#5 = The Queen; controls england and nearly everyone their owrship her as their queen
#6= Unknown; but control nearly whole europe...
#7= The Super-Villian; is the leader of a group who consists out of a Gods Right Seat Member, two Saints, many Level 4's and Saint-like magicians...

and now they are in their 'other' bodys......where nearly the whole world fears them....

i wanted to post it here before i start to write a fanfic about it....
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 07:44   Link #5831
LevelSeven

The man who cast this spell is a magician from a toaru game, th red player,

and the goal of them is to find the new IB, since touma was killed in the new timeline, and than went back to their own world
Old 2014-01-03, 08:44   Link #5832
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Three things- Firstly, if possible find another way to get them in the same place instead of the "Threaten Letter", because things like that just rub people the wrong way when characters just blindly follow threats without question.

Secondly, it's going to be hard to do this without any knowledge of the Number 6.

Thirdly, you have to also account for how all these overpowered Magicians were kicked out by the Level 5s.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 11:18   Link #5833
LevelSeven

mhhhhh i could place the #6 as the mastermind behind this spell, after a incident he cant survive because of the machines but he is rich therefore he have many might,

the #5 knows him because she was ordered to transfer his mind into another body but she couldnt do it,

therefore he use this magic, instead of calling them to one place they are there where they live (accel by yomi/beetle by item/mikoto by her dorm/etc.)
suddenly they woke up and find themselfes in slightly or greatly different bodys.....with new memorys who falls into the mind of them......
the magic spell changed the past, the biggest mistake they have done in their life.......and with that they havent stopped developing their powers to the max.

for the OP magician i would say the Level 5's are now even more OP ;D ,
accel can reflect everything (even curses, things which shouldnt have vectors)
kakine (is immortal) and it is the only one (no beetle)
mikoto (can control lighting with an output from over 100000000000000, 1000 times stronger)
mugino (4000 beams at once, and also using Neutron as beam, not only meltdowner but also gamma beams)
#5 (can control over 10000 peoples, even animals)
#6 (backslash from the magic, he is dead )
#7 (ollerus Level because he mastered his power)

would it work better this way?
Old 2014-01-03, 14:30   Link #5834
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Sounds like they all reached level six. ^
Old 2014-01-03, 15:27   Link #5835
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Sounds like they all reached level six. ^
No. they are still level 5 with that kind of power. they are still one dimensional.

Othinus would trash them. The thing that is probably dangerous there is gunha.

Accel can reflect curses if he knew the methods or laws behind it or just go black/white wings to ignore basic physics law.
kakine? his practically immortal now. As long as there is a single cell or unit of dark matter. He can just recreate himself.
Just increasing the voltage of power doesn't automatically make her dangerous. Negi in dark magic is still probably more dangerous.
Mugino.... just let her play with nuclear power >_>
Misaki..... 10000 only? I don't know. if your going for op why not go millions or billions. Animals? go for phantasmal or divine beast. humans won't stand a chance against them.
Number 6? how does he know magic? need a lot of explanation here and I wish its plausible.
Gunha... is a mystery. Maybe he will become like superman. Flying around faster than speed of light. reversing the earths rotation to rewind time to save Lois Lane XD or in his case. GUTS!!!
Old 2014-01-03, 15:58   Link #5836
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

One dimensional? I guess limited to their type of power I guess that means.

Considering he said number 6 has taken over Europe, I assume background knowledge would probably help there. Just do what I did and make number 6 a former magician's son who turned esper. At least that gives a good excuse for him to understand magic.
Old 2014-01-03, 16:50   Link #5837
LevelSeven

i thought for the #6 that i will let him be badly injured because of a accident, since this time he seeks a way to heal himself, after science failed he doesnt give up, and discovers magic after years he creates such a godlike spell and changes the whole history.......but the spell is to powerful to be controlled by a human therefore he dies.....

at least i know now how they will go into the other universe , kamijyo fraction vs the unknown plans of the #6, it looks like they win but in the end he could use the spell and change the world........
this would be the first arc......
Old 2014-01-03, 16:55   Link #5838
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
No. they are still level 5 with that kind of power. they are still one dimensional.

Othinus would trash them. The thing that is probably dangerous there is gunha.

Accel can reflect curses if he knew the methods or laws behind it or just go black/white wings to ignore basic physics law.
kakine? his practically immortal now. As long as there is a single cell or unit of dark matter. He can just recreate himself.
Just increasing the voltage of power doesn't automatically make her dangerous. Negi in dark magic is still probably more dangerous.
Mugino.... just let her play with nuclear power >_>
Misaki..... 10000 only? I don't know. if your going for op why not go millions or billions. Animals? go for phantasmal or divine beast. humans won't stand a chance against them.
Number 6? how does he know magic? need a lot of explanation here and I wish its plausible.
Gunha... is a mystery. Maybe he will become like superman. Flying around faster than speed of light. reversing the earths rotation to rewind time to save Lois Lane XD or in his case. GUTS!!!
Kakine = Majin buu but less broken... Or more... less because of obvious reasons... More because of other reasons...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 17:18   Link #5839
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
One dimensional? I guess limited to their type of power I guess that means.
one dimensional because I imagine a level 6 to be the same as Othinus.

Remember when Touma first saw othinus in NT 4? or is it 5? sorry I can't remember anymore.

His first impression of her is she is like a level 6. Someone who has touch the realms of the gods or reach the heavens will.

those are the description for level 6.

With those powers listed by him/her. Can that be considered godly already?

its probably 5.2 or 5.5 but still not 6.
Old 2014-01-04, 03:06   Link #5840
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

LevelSeven: Your idea of fanfic...can I give you my opinion?

Okay, so you need to start having an actual plot, rather than an idea and add some details. The reason for this has to do with the premise and plausibility of the story: not only does this story have one highly implausible thing as part of its premise (spell transporting to an AU), but it's introducing additional implausible things that might just breaks down suspension of disbelief of the readers if not handled carefully.

I should go into more detail, because while I maintain a lot of skepticism, you can make even improbable setups work if done right. So, I offer my non professional advice to you.

1. Try having more than those ideas for this fic: Fundamentally, your rough outline isn't a story or anything really useful for writing one. It is a posterboard of 'look at my idea'. You are generating a list of facts which sound important, but without all the actual details. If that was a plot overview, you'd be listing broadstrokes of what happens. Everything else, including the worldbuilding, supports the story, not the other way around. The rest would be part of the story as the pay-off for reading. Not the advert giving away everything from the start.

Now I'm not saying you need have every specific detail written down on a piece of paper. Most of the time, just having a rough outline of the plot in your head will suffice. Plan key events and such. And most importantly, ask yourself: How can I tie this story together into a satisfying conclusion which won't piss everyone off?

Without actual story chapters, there really isn't much to this - so try to put as much, if not more effort into writing than brainstorming.

2. Narrative Causality: The Cause and Effect in your story. Thinking things through to their most logical conclusion is the hallmark of a well written story; as opposed to just going with a theme that sounds good and plowing though cause and effect like a semi plowing through a 30 car pile-up. When you're writing up your plot device aka the threat letters and their author, think the consequences of that path through and write the story around those consequences. Outlandish plot points are fine toward this end. You want the Levels 5s to be transported in the AU and meet their counterpart? Great! But think over. How you get there will make or break your fic, and generally the most easily explainable means toward that end are the best ones. Ask cause and effect questions at every stage of your fic. For every decision your character makes. For every action that happens in their proximity. Treat them as real people. How will they react? The more you have to justify those reactions and the more outlandish they sound, the more you would be failing at it. Be careful with that.

3. Control your Characters' Power Levels: Especially the Alternate Level 5s.

When it comes to pleasing the crowd (As in, keeping the readers' interest), what matters the most in writing just about any confrontation is dramatic tension. No one's going to give a crap about a climactic season-ending battle if you've made the main character powerful enough to have beaten every single challenge beforehand with a snap of his fingers.

For all the volumes of Toaru Majutsu no Index that's been released, I still find it fascinating how Kamachi is playing with the rules of his game. He set rules, different rules, but he doesn't bend it in order for the characters to win, like other authors who are absolute horror when writing. He made it so that power levels aren't what is needed to win, but quick thinking. Try to emulate Kamachi's style in this manner: the AU Level 5s are obviously more powerful than their canon couterpart, so our ''heroes'' will need more than their power to win.

You need to sell the idea that they can lose and that very important things are at stake should they fail, as well as making sure your audience is invested in the characters in the first place, in order to really write a satisfying confrontation.

4. Do a weekly maintenance of your plot vehicle: Because you obviously don't know how to drive

Stories are divided up into ''vehicles'' and destination, and one without the other is absolutely worthless. In fact, reading this particular failure to execute in fics is like salting your eyeballs and dipping them in vinegar; something that can be avoided with some good ol' common sense. Finding the new Imagine Breaker is not a plot in and of itself. It's a way to get to your plot. How the new Imagine Breaker came to be is, how did Touma die, who is this new Imagine Breaker. That's your end destination, and everything in your fic should revolve around getting there.

Fics without an end destination have a shelf life before your readers become as tired of reading it as you are of writing an endless, go nowhere exercise in futility. Your reader base might laugh at first, but all you've really done is sentence them to a slow, lingering death; though this can be reversed by simply remembering where you're going. Fics without vehicles, however, are always immediately fatal, mainly because how you're getting to that end plot makes no sense what-so ever.

As a final advice, and this one is the most important, Keep Your Characters In-Character. I have seen too many fics where the characters of Toaru have their personnality butchered and becoming only a shallow representation of their real selves, especially Accelerator, who might just as well be called Accelerator In Name Only (AINO). The Level 5s are both easy (they are all crazy to some extent) and difficult to write (they have much more depth than that). If you do your...homework...correctly, you should be able to write their characters properly. Take note of how they act in the story, as well as their motives, and you should be able to keep the core of his characters' personalities the same as they were in the source material.

I'm not going to say these are absolute, they're just general guidelines I go by and they happen to work for me. You don't have to take them into consideration though. Don't ever let me, or anyone else limit your imagination. Ever. Well I honestly hope this helps, and if your first fic don't turn out that good, don't feel discouraged. Learn from your mistakes and try to do better next. Human beings can only progress.

As such, I wish you best of luck in your writting
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction