AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-02-03, 19:19   Link #121
ApatheticMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticLord View Post
I have no idea. She can't do much other than be another +1 on Accelerator's list of saved people, make him feel good about it and further motivate him to change himself.

I totally forgot he can't know anything about magic until GROUP is formed, at the earliest. Etzali made him think, he probably considered magic before Russia but never really belived it to be true. In Russia he was just surprised it actually exists.
Well, Russia simply confirmed his suspicions. He found people using powers who were clearly not of Academy City and used archaic equipment. Before, this he probably thought all magic users were just espers developed in Academy City despite the slight differences he might have felt, he ignored his gut feeling as it wasn't enough evidence for him.

Considering Accelerator doesn't seem to pay attention to things not related to Last Order, he'll probably not notice. He may have believed in magic when Last Order was sick, out of desperation as Academy City wouldn't save her, and hoped Aiwass wasn't just yanking his chain.
ApatheticMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-03, 20:43   Link #122
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
most likely ... I meant only a Kihara can act like that
I could swar he licked the screen, not the candy.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 01:49   Link #123
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticMan View Post
Well, Russia simply confirmed his suspicions. He found people using powers who were clearly not of Academy City and used archaic equipment. Before, this he probably thought all magic users were just espers developed in Academy City despite the slight differences he might have felt, he ignored his gut feeling as it wasn't enough evidence for him.

Considering Accelerator doesn't seem to pay attention to things not related to Last Order, he'll probably not notice. He may have believed in magic when Last Order was sick, out of desperation as Academy City wouldn't save her, and hoped Aiwass wasn't just yanking his chain.
He believed in magic because he heard this word from a real person, who talked as it actually existed. As 21 volume's shown, Accelerator heard this word for the first time in Russia only. It's not like atheists who start to believe in Jesus facing great danger, he easily accepted the existence of magic because he made sure the strange feeling, the parchments were named one official word- "magic". He's meet a magician who told him she was a magician. Who told him she could help with magic. In other words, if someone showed up in front of him and told him about magic before Last Order got sick- he would most likely accept the existence of magic.
Old 2014-02-04, 03:32   Link #124
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
most likely ... I meant only a Kihara can act like that
I'm not sure about that... he might just be part of the board or something... or there could just be that much more about the city we don't know about yet... Railgun manga already revealed a lot we didn't know, so this could as well.

This chapter was interesting for a lot of different reasons. And Accelerator's behavior when LO is concerned is funny. I can't wait to see his character transformation over time. Yeah, for the people wondering if this would be short or not, based on the insanity of what just happened in Chapter 2, I doubt this is going to be short at all.

The best thing about this manga as opposed to Railgun is that we basically know nothing about Accel's personal life so this is brand new and it feels almost like LN. Mikoto's development was already pretty well-outlined in the LN, but if Accel didn't appear that much in the LN, then his character development throughout the manga could be pretty good.

Magic + science lol is all I have to say after NT 9. Well, the death part definitely makes this interesting though. I wonder if this ties in at all to
Spoiler for NT 7:

Well if this manga gets amazing enough/far enough maybe it will get an anime adaptation. That would be great.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 09:33   Link #125
Trung-t-rung

Well, Chapter 2 proves this manga is going to be really interesting.
Spoiler for chapter2:
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 10:55   Link #126
zaeraal

It could be something based on Febli and Janie (or they could be based on it) and their control of mechas.
Maybe Kamachi will mention them and make them canon, like with Banri.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 17:46   Link #127
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
It could be something based on Febli and Janie (or they could be based on it) and their control of mechas.
Maybe Kamachi will mention them and make them canon, like with Banri.
Ugh. Please, no.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 15:41   Link #128
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Ugh. Please, no.
It could work. There was nothing wrong with the concept of Felbi, just the execution.
Old 2014-02-06, 15:54   Link #129
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
It could work. There was nothing wrong with the concept of Felbi, just the execution.
It could be what they did with the Poltergeist Arc. The general idea of the events happened but the specifics are blurry. This way, the inconsistencies from THAT arc can be waved off.
Old 2014-02-06, 19:49   Link #130
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
It could be what they did with the Poltergeist Arc. The general idea of the events happened but the specifics are blurry. This way, the inconsistencies from THAT arc can be waved off.
Lol, I like the fact you're calling it THAT arc. And maybe... though it could also be like Rensa/other things than just chemicaloids... or maybe it's something like Kuroyoru?...
Old 2014-02-07, 04:59   Link #131
WiliamZ0

I quite interested after reading this one. FAR BETTER THAN RAILGUN
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 05:33   Link #132
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I quite interested after reading this one. FAR BETTER THAN RAILGUN
Yeah, that's how I felt/feel as well. But that's just because it's the very beginning and because we know nothing about Accelerator.

If Railgun moves to WWIII arc it'd be pretty good too...
Old 2014-02-07, 14:13   Link #133
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah, that's how I felt/feel as well. But that's just because it's the very beginning and because we know nothing about Accelerator.

If Railgun moves to WWIII arc it'd be pretty good too...
I don't think that Mikoto's had really interesting adventure during WW3.
And, Railgun manga got more interesting further on. I wonder if ths is a fate of Accel's manga too.
Old 2014-02-07, 14:40   Link #134
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
I don't think that Mikoto's had really interesting adventure during WW3.
And, Railgun manga got more interesting further on. I wonder if ths is a fate of Accel's manga too.
Yep, stealing a plane and dealing with nukes don't really make exciting events.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:16   Link #135
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Yep, stealing a plane and dealing with nukes don't really make exciting events.
Only one, nothing Fiamma couldn't deal with.
Isn't thatexciting compared with other awesome things happening at the same time .
She's overshadowed by awesome.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 16:23   Link #136
Tenzen12

To be honest, index goes too overboard with "awesomness". It should learn more modesty from Railgun.

Let's see which route will Accelerator go. ...Than again, it's about The Accelerator...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 17:21   Link #137
LG-MAX

finally started this discussion.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 20:22   Link #138
Flere821
Lurker

This manga is basically Accelerator being the one-way-road raep train conductor towards anyone that crosses him Let the curbstomps commence.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 01:48   Link #139
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Only one, nothing Fiamma couldn't deal with.
Isn't thatexciting compared with other awesome things happening at the same time .
She's overshadowed by awesome.
Yeah, right- no. Mikoto single-handedly dealt with the crisis on the local level before it'd become global conflict which might've destroyed the surface of the Earth. Right, overshadowed by awesome. It's like saying that Hamazura didn't contribute anything during WWIII.

BTW, the mangaka and Kamachi went the right way. The opening scene made me almost hate Accelerator's guts again. Sounds good on paper, but seeing him torturing the cute girl who tried to relay him information- sicko.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 01:49   Link #140
Ilidsor
Angelerator

This is good but I wouldn't call it better than Railgun after two chapters.