Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-25, 07:59   Link #721
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
NOOO, not Aniki too!?

Seriously, Night Raid is getting short-handed now that two assassins died!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 08:00   Link #722
VTHokiePride

And another one bites the dust. I knew Bulat wasn't going to make it. Looks like we're going to see the Jaegers next episode.
Old 2014-08-25, 09:43   Link #723
NeutralZero

btw
just saw AkaKill theater ep 8
and man... can't stop laughing
ep 9's not yet shown and they include that part...

Last edited by Flower; 2014-08-25 at 09:58.
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 13:50   Link #724
Rogue66

Sad about Bulat death but at least he was able to give his teigu to Tatsumi, knowing what going to happen next episode well cant wait to see it.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 20:06   Link #725
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Did you watch preview of next episode? Whole new group it's showed.
I mean on the part of night raid, if what you're referring to is the group of 6 under esdeath.

If there were new night raid members shown then I may have missed that.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 11:04   Link #726
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Goodbye Kamina Bulat.
We're gonna miss your love.
Love!
LOVE!
Old 2014-08-26, 12:22   Link #727
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

RIP Bulat. I really liked his character. It was nice to see an openly gay character in a story of this style given quality treatment. He was strong, smart, funny, a great role model, and he even got to flirt! Usually these kinds of characters are more comic relief than anything, or just too silly to be taken seriously.

Ah well, that's how it goes in stories like this. You never know who will be killed off next.
Old 2014-08-26, 13:11   Link #728
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
RIP Bulat. I really liked his character. It was nice to see an openly gay character in a story of this style given quality treatment. He was strong, smart, funny, a great role model, and he even got to flirt! Usually these kinds of characters are more comic relief than anything, or just too silly to be taken seriously.

Ah well, that's how it goes in stories like this. You never know who will be killed off next.
I sadly always got the opposite impression. That even if Bulat was gay, it always felt like a joke or at least an afterthought. That it wasn't something that was seriously being considered or being taken seriously. I would love for a shounen action show to have a gay character, and to explore that. For their reveal to not be accompanied with shocked comical faces and flowery backgrounds. It doesn't have to be the forefront of who they are, but something that doesn't feel like an afterthought would be nice as well. Of course that's not to say that I thought his character was handled badly, he was one of two I liked at this point, and I was hoping they'd go somewhere with him, but now he's dead so that's a mute point.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 13:16   Link #729
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I sadly always got the opposite impression. That even if Bulat was gay, it always felt like a joke or at least an afterthought. That it wasn't something that was seriously being considered or being taken seriously.
If this were a typical romcom, I'd agree, but it's not. They don't slap you in the face with the other characters being straight, as if that's their character defining aspect, so why should it be any other way for a character who just happens to be gay?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 13:34   Link #730
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If this were a typical romcom, I'd agree, but it's not. They don't slap you in the face with the other characters being straight, as if that's their character defining aspect, so why should it be any other way for a character who just happens to be gay?
But that's the thing, no other characters sexual orientation is brought up, because most characters are assumed straight until proven otherwise. There's no need to slap on the straight label because most people are going to assume the character is straight anyway. It's only when you have a gay character, unless the show itself is geared that way, that it's brought up. Think about the people who complain especially about "fujoshi pandering" or "fujoshi bait" anytime two male characters, especially if it's not a comedy, have an ambiguously gay moment. And yet there's no such thing as straight pandering, because being straight is considered the norm. And as I brought out, I already mentioned that it didn't have to be the forefront of his character as if he had to walk around with an I'm gay sign over his head. But it would have been nice if his "coming out" scene had been played differently. Leone introduces Tatsumi to Bulat, and promptly mentions that he's gay, cue pink flowery background on Bulat, as he smiles and chuckles and tells Leone that she'll give Tatsumi the wrong impression, while Tatsumi stands there in disbelief and a shocked comical look on his face. I had to assume that yes Bulat actually was gay because he never denies it, but to me at first it felt like a joke at Tatsumi's expense.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 13:54   Link #731
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I don't really care about the politics of it, but I'd have to agree on a small level with you.

The world is still lagging behind on sensitivity, and while I can't say how bad it felt seeing Bulats orientation treated as a joke, I do see it.

Was it necessary? Probably not. It looked like another fan service/joke like for those who are into traps, lolis, maids etc.. Gay is another trope now apparently.

Straight is just plain boring I guess and no one really brings it up. They just are.
crunchytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 14:01   Link #732
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly tough to lose a good guy like Bulat. In terms of pure force it's a real loss even though this time they didn't lose the Teigu as well.

Only positive they can take from it is being able to gain 3 Teigu (assuming Tatsumi remembered to grab them after). But that's more an objective positive and not something everyone can be cheerful about considering the losses.

Seems like the other side is just able to keep reinforcing while Night Raid hasn't really gained personnel outside of picking up Tatsumi in the first episode.
Old 2014-08-26, 20:32   Link #733
Shungin12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
btw
just saw AkaKill theater ep 8
and man... can't stop laughing
ep 9's not yet shown and they include that part...
that ep 8 theater was funny lol
Esdeath just took over
ep. 9 going to be too good I think its going to adapt ch. 15-16
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 09:08   Link #734
Yoxall
Finest Crusade

http://akame.tv/story_09.html

Preview pics for episode 9. Seems like chapters 15 and 16 will be adapted. Lol that Mine censor though. Was hoping for a Wave or Run preview pic though, but oh well. And as always I laugh at that awkward scene with Bors. Hopefully they will show
Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-29, 10:06   Link #735
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoxall View Post

Preview pics for episode 9. Seems like chapters 15 and 16 will be adapted. Lol that Mine censor though. Was hoping for a Wave or Run preview pic though, but oh well. And as always I laugh at that awkward scene with Bors. Hopefully they will show
Spoiler:
Anyone else thought he was peeing?

Old 2014-08-29, 11:35   Link #736
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoxall View Post

Spoiler:
I'm starting to think that they deliberately downplaying Esdese's crimes.
Old 2014-08-29, 11:40   Link #737
crunchytaco
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I know you're an Esdeath hater, but I agree with you .
Old 2014-08-29, 18:16   Link #738
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
I will show you the way to the torture room .

So i guess i still have to wait 1 more ep till the tournament thing .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 22:24   Link #739
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Bow before the ice queen

NSFW
her clothes are gone, she must be cold :P
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 22:31   Link #740
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Bow before the ice queen

NSFW
her clothes are gone, she must be cold :P
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Only tickle? *frozen with him*
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gore, shounen, violence