AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 05:42   Link #121
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think he can control whatever matter he touches with his fingertips. So he's got that + beam sword + flesh shield + regeneration (that he can only use while in human form, apparently).
That sounds just about right. A very strong power in fact. Imagine if he touched the ground >.>

Felt like a bit more serious version of Sacred Seven with a lot more action. Loved the 1st movie and hope it gets better.
The sequence where Kuon was transforming saw some images of Japan from a really old period. Maybe he really has lived for more than a 1000 years.

There's something particular I found really funny and made a demotivational pic out if it

Also a gif dedicated to Kanon-kun

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-09-28 at 05:59.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 06:00   Link #122
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Dat Ass...
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 15:21   Link #123
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It was good, which is a nice change of pace from the studio I used to love with blind-eyed fanboyism.

I suppose I've long gotten past the need to portray protagonists as little boys, rather than adults. Even ones that are a thousand or more years old. I know, I know. Market concessions. Or the female fighter that can kick ass in the beginning of the show, but is reduced to shivering in fear waiting to be rescued by the male protagonist for the rest of the show. See, these type of things don't really bother me anymore.

So, if many years of watching anime have taught me anything, Kuon (Quon?) is likely being Mr. Way-Too-Nice out of some deep-sitting feeling of guilt over Who-Knows-What (possibly being the first Attracter raises some very obvious possibilities though). One already wonders how much of his human personality is an act, considering the snarly visage he gains when he is in actual combat.

Also, Quon (Kuon?) seemed to recognize Epsilon when Epsilon's mask was revealed in the ending fight. Coupled with Epsilon's brain waves acting up when he first saw Kuon (Quon?) in the beginning of the episode, and I suppose these two may have known each other at some point, which adds the mystery of how Epsilon is now just an emotionally suppressed cyborg.

Lastly, the obvious question has to be asked. If the super-secret-shady-organization can detect Attracter (Attractor?) activity, then one has to wonder how these Attracters that Quon (Kuon?) saves are able to train and practice their abilities in their pseudo-Disney Land fun town without being found out. Or how the two Attracters who were behind playing support using their abilities didn't pop upon the super-secret-shady-organization's monitors. Not that I'm quibbling.

I enjoyed it, which is all that's really important.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 09:22   Link #124
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Lastly, the obvious question has to be asked. If the super-secret-shady-organization can detect Attracter (Attractor?) activity, then one has to wonder how these Attracters that Quon (Kuon?) saves are able to train and practice their abilities in their pseudo-Disney Land fun town without being found out. Or how the two Attracters who were behind playing support using their abilities didn't pop upon the super-secret-shady-organization's monitors. Not that I'm quibbling.
I suppose that the park is protected by some powered version of the jamming device that the Attracters used to escape their pursuers.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 11:18   Link #125
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Episode 2 out. Great as always.
Those bad guys instant kill the attracters ouch. And they said that attracters don't have any human emotions... who are the one with no emotions...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 15:07   Link #126
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Did episode two just insinuate that the "bad guys" are only killing attracters who exhibit abilities they haven't seen/have in captivity already, or did I read some really bad subs.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 19:56   Link #127
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just saw ep 1 ... and kinda liked it. Hmm....
Old 2011-10-09, 22:11   Link #128
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-10-10, 09:42   Link #129
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Did episode two just insinuate that the "bad guys" are only killing attracters who exhibit abilities they haven't seen/have in captivity already, or did I read some really bad subs.
the subs are bad on some parts but it's partially right and your right that it looks like the organization are only interested on rare powers and those rare are being capture and the trash are just disposed off.

Seeing they can use human and turn them into weapons then why turn monsters into your own weapons. Since they think that the ability users are monsters that needs to be destroyed then if they find them useful they will use them.
Old 2011-10-14, 09:33   Link #130
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm ... after seeing ep 2 this series has really stuck with me strongly - there is something about it that I really like....

I think it may take a while to "properly articulate"; no doubt the characters (curiously both the attractors and some of the cyborgs) appeal to me, but it the first 2 eps were strong enough for the series to go on my "ongoing" list.

7.5 vote out of 10 for ep 2!
Old 2011-10-14, 09:56   Link #131
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I love it so far, deep characters, high speed, action, good storytelling. I think I'll watch this pretty closely.

btw what's up with the 6th cyborg, is there one, why come he never goes out?
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:27   Link #132
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I don't think there is a sixth, they always send out Alpha to Epsilon which are the first five letters of the Greek alphabet plus a ton of mooks, where did you see/hear them mention a sixth one?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 03:01   Link #133
ookamigirl

2nd episode was pretty interesting and looked more like a detective story.
The new kid sure had a twisted mind & caused a whole bunch of trouble.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:15   Link #134
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I don't think there is a sixth, they always send out Alpha to Epsilon which are the first five letters of the Greek alphabet plus a ton of mooks, where did you see/hear them mention a sixth one?
maybe he got to that based on the scheme during the team launch, where they get loaded on a exagonal container, but one of the 6 parts gets left behind all the time
to me it looks as they can have up to 6 cyborg and at the time 1 spot is open for someone else to join, or as ttdestroy suggested he/she is there but gets left behing all the time

watched epi 3 raws, it looks interesting, hope it gets subbed soon (but the last subs i saw were hard to read, they choose a strange font :/ )
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 18:27   Link #135
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hrm ... an unexpected switch into mind-bending and alternate reality material. Ep 3 was kinda surreal.... Hard to keep up with at times. But I liked it; imo it is another successful "chapter" in the series.

7.5/10 vote from me.
Old 2011-11-09, 18:49   Link #136
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Love the characters, love the plot.

I find Quon extremely interesting. From what i've seen so far, he can turn into some sort of aqua creature, but the problem is that he hasn't fully controlled his powers yet? Correct me if i'm wrong.

The action is pretty good, and Quon's determination to save everyone is pretty real when he reveals the number of people he hadn't saved at the end of the year.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 08:56   Link #137
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I'm totally hooked on this 6-part movie. I think Quon's character is the one that got me interested in the first place, but all the other characters are great with very interesting abilities/powers. But after seeing this episode I was like: Is there not a single power out there that Quon doesn't have?

Ep3 was awesome, mostly because we got to see some parts of Quon's past.

Spoiler for ep3 for those who haven't watched it yet:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 14:01   Link #138
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I'm certainly liking Takao's character :P

He's quite a sarcastic but serious guy. His teleportation powers are pretty cool, and I find it pretty funny that his friends tell him to train more when the problem with that is he never can because of his broken bones :P And when he does eventually recover (I'm not sure if his powers allow him to regenerate faster or ???) people like Quon get themselves in sticky situations that gives Takao no choice but to teleport and break his bones again XD

I just watched episode 3. Pretty good

Spoiler for Episode 3:
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 16:38   Link #139
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler for ep3:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:17   Link #140
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Quon's past is really sad. Now everyone knows as well since they saw that brief glimpse. Hopefully the kids won't be too scared of him. So i'm guessing the tree trunk in the park is from his village. Awesome how he saved Yuri and Takao. Well we didn't see what happened to his brother, but i'm assuming he's dead.

So Epsilon knows his true identity now. Looks like he didn't say anything yet. Wonder who caused that accident that allowed Quon and the others to escape. Sad that Epsilon's sister's powers manifested like that. So he's blaming other people with powers for his sister developing them and then losing her? He has some messed up logic.

Tags
bones, kawamoto, mecha, nakamura