AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-16, 03:09   Link #13141
Two-Sword
Labyrinth Dweller

o/ *obligatory newbie self-introduction*
KBTKaiser pointed me here a while ago, but I never really had the time to do much more than to occasionally look around. Now that I have a bit of mental juice running, maybe it'll actually be worth something to put up some random stuff here once in a while. ^^;

Special Investigations Assistance Department's "Pinch Hitter(Trouble) Squad"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Two-Sword; 2007-10-28 at 12:26. Reason: added Lexus' picture
Old 2007-10-16, 03:09   Link #13142
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
*completes 18,756th training of the day.*

T_T
Ara... Anna-chan?

Amidamaru: YOH-SAMA!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Well, now that I lit a fire under myself, let's see how epic the silent battle between the brothers can get...
*Warning: Wall of Text Ahead*
Spoiler for Aratana Bakusou!! Part J:

Yeah, my mind is gone...so much for epic...
*Looks at the clock to see that it's 3 AM and falls asleep in front of the keyboard*
CROSS COUNTER!!!!!

Although wall of text is WALLED UP It's almost like Nove vs Subaru, except more destructive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
Ack... it's been so long... everything was piled up... gah...
OC Waits For No Man

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-10-16, 03:15   Link #13143
Wibbles
Better than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
OC Waits For No Man
Gah...

Oh, I had an idea. "The Great OC Snowball Fight". How does that sound?
Old 2007-10-16, 03:16   Link #13144
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Sword View Post
KBTKaiser pointed me here a while ago, but I never really had the time to do much more than to occasionally look around. Now that I have a bit of mental juice running, maybe it'll actually be worth something to put up some random stuff here once in a while. ^^;

Spoiler:
Welcome to the OC Thread

Nice first profiles though, neat and well-written. Erh, how does Almera 'sacrifice' recruits? I like how she has a dual personality of sorts And Lexus, not too bad, need to see how he interacts first.

But Abel having not only special manipulation abilities... but a dimensional pocket as well?!?!?!?! LAWL at "pack mule" though

My biggest question though...

Did you draw those portraits?! They're AWESOME, although I thought Abel was a girl

Quote:
Gah...

How'd that work?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-10-16, 03:19   Link #13145
Wibbles
Better than you.

Quote:
How'd that work?
It snows one day, then someone throws a snowball at someone else. Chaos ensues.
Old 2007-10-16, 03:20   Link #13146
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Welcome to the OC Thread

Nice first profiles though, neat and well-written. Erh, how does Almera 'sacrifice' recruits? I like how she has a dual personality of sorts And Lexus, not too bad, need to see how he interacts first.

But Abel having not only special manipulation abilities... but a dimensional pocket as well?!?!?!?! LAWL at "pack mule" though

My biggest question though...

Did you draw those portraits?! They're AWESOME, although I thought Abel was a girl
I second that. Welcome to the thread! (although...I'm only a few days new to the thread too and still trying to get my character into the flow of things ). And I also second the pics...OMG so cool. I wish I had some trying talent like that
Old 2007-10-16, 03:21   Link #13147
KBTKaiser

Quote:
CROSS COUNTER!!!!!

Although wall of text is WALLED UP It's almost like Nove vs Subaru, except more destructive
You missed Zankantou Raikougiri post and counterpost. ^^;
Old 2007-10-16, 03:30   Link #13148
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It snows one day, then someone throws a snowball at someone else. Chaos ensues.
Snow? We don't have snow here, we only have radioactive BLUECHEESIUM-infused ash and rabid backlog undergrowth

Old 2007-10-16, 03:30   Link #13149
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

I'm taking a break before I break down (bad pun ) completely. Trying to meet deadlines is insanely stressful. Then again its my fault for procrastinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
An interesting start...and writing in the present tense, too. I like that. I'm looking forward to more, and if you get Keroko's consent to have the Rogues in, then it'll be all the more intriguing.
Gotta admit I can't really do present tense well, I tend to lapse into past tense a lot. Its a habit more than anything else really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller
And, since I have little else to do right now, a snippet:

Spoiler for "What say you, Bureau dog?":

Hm, hm...Sabas is quite the madman.

Eh, do tell me what you all think of this.
Great, I think we need more antagonists like Sabas. Action scenes are hard to come by if the OCs here have nobody to fight with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Actually, I mixed up the dates...Valentine's is in the 14th...I was thinking White Day
So, yeah, Koji's birthday is after Valentine's *coughsameasminecough*
Nice, I happen to have a cousin whose birthday is on Valentine's too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ
Well, I'm a bit tainted...but tend to control those impulses
*runs*
I try very hard to deny any taint, but there's C2F constantly bombarding us. Though lately he seemed to have slowed down a bit, maybe its the flu. So be grateful for a moment of respite!

Quote:
Hmm...no picture
Though, I think I know which picture it is. (The one with Vita looking up while wearing a maid's outfit? )
Yes I find that real cute! Tormenk is gonna start yelling "roricon!" again.

Quote:
*covers nose*
*blood leaks between fingers*
For once C2F-kun has defeated FlameSparkZ! *awards C2F with cookie*

Quote:
Okay...so far, no progress...been busy
Although, I did think of something like this in my free time today...
Spoiler for To be with you:

I've been playing way too much Summon Night
*runs*
Nuuuuuuuuuu!!! Whyyyy??? *sobs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Foreplay is good... But only if you know what to do

In Koji's case though, better to just go with the flow...
*Spit take* Oi oi I thought we were getting some respite??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Jeno: "Sophia-channnn~! Aim for the legs!!"
Home run! *sees flying humans disappearing on the horizon*

Quote:
Anonymous?

Cowards...
Semi-anonymous! Reminds me of how Naruto categorizes perverts to "openly perverted" and "secretly perverted but still perverted".

Quote:
IF THIS DOESN'T UNLOCK THE ERO-SCENE, I DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL !!!!
Have you been playing too many eroges? (Prism Ark game has really funny scenes. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
A-a-avatar complex?!

*eyes widen in disbelief and feigns innocence*

Nay! It's, uh ... I don't know how to explain.

And I can change Avatars faster than you can drive your car, all it needs is a few clicks.
I drove from Subang back to my house in 15 minutes! Beat that! Oh wait you can't drive. MUAHAHAHA! Which reminds me, someone also commented that I was changing my avatar too many times a week or so ago. Though its all avatars of Desu-chan.

Quote:

Those are pretty solid criteria, and very well-laid out, too.

Some of the previous RPs that I join or handle have a bunch of writers whose more intend in making their characters more "flashy" and "godly" than they are in writing a storyline. Although it's stated very clearly that god-modding in those RPs are not allowed (we didn't want to implement a GM-system until later), some just had to insert <name of HAXX skills> for their main characters. All those without a balancing system. It sort of spoils the entire story that way, and it's downright boring when a character can destroy a world with a flick of one finger.
Hah! Don't remind me. That's one of the reasons I'd rather join this OC thread than join that RP. Then again look at what happened? It died off only days after it started, nobody wants to be in charge and they all just wanna throw in 1337 chars with unstoppable haxx.

Come to think of it, weren't you the events GM? Well its good though IMO, the rules and stuff they had set up were too rigid for my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare
Interestingly, I am aware that I'm dodging some of the rules when I put down the Astral system, but I did put a check on it, and additional ones later from suggestions. It's feasible, right? *looks dubious*
I'm actually more forgiving about the Astral concept, though I believe the issue here is that you coined them as "mage-knights", which might seem presumptuous to some here. Still, reasonings provided were IMO solid so I have no complains.

Quote:
It fits you very well.

*salutes*
Makes me glad I wasn't hit with an anti-haxx hammer blow.

Quote:
What, are you saying that Leona ill-befits Sevasti?! He should feel honored to have been chosen!

*an angry Leona with a kitchen knife appears*
Oh great, Leona loves older men now? I thought you were gonna play her as the home-wrecker to a certain Admiral. *runs*

Quote:
Clotho, Atropos, and Lachesis?
The three Goddess of Fate? Speaking of which, I've got this sudden urge to bring this from Valkyrie Profile 2 in, most notably Valkyrie Profile 2. That being said...

MUAHAHA! You've got no PS2 so you can't play VP2!! (The funny thing is I haven't even finished chapter 4 of VP2 so I really shouldn't be bragging. )

Quote:
As long as the HAX is balanced out properly, it's doable. That's for me, I guess. Then again, you can always put the HAX into form first for peer appraisal. The HAX police force is armed and ready.
Anything that doesn't scream at me that its going D&D style level 20/20 multi-class strength enhanced fighter/thief with x5 backstab multiplier with max sneak and protection against detection is fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Interesting. His background reminds me of a certain Forgotten Realms novel I've read some years ago.
Which one? Is it worth reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
Okay. Be careful with cooking.

[Tomoya]Whoo~... He's getting air-time.[/Tomoya]
[Tomoyo]Acquaintance! Dust chute![/Tomoyo]

Quote:

......... Oh God....

Why is there a voice at the back of my head saying, "Go for the crack!"?

Must... resist...

Will not... surrender....

Must refuse... even... EPIC... crack...

<clutches Liana's health-drink in a dark corner with eyes looking bloodshot while chanting 'mustresistmustresistmustresist'>

Surrender to the dark side!

Quote:
Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it Do it
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
XD

CHEEZE FACTOR ON!!!

They are the fated warriors!!

Destined to shine the light of

Courage!!!

Hope!!!

And LOVE!!!!

They shall fight for our happiness!!!

They are!!

SGGK!!!!!

Quick! Its morphing time! Bring out the megazord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Well, I'm waiting to see a sub of the 26th episode in order to fit this in properly with the epilogue, but I have the first third or so of what appears to be a very long character prologue written. It chronicles what happens upon Arcc's return to Midchilda after he dropped out of the TSAB academy and ran home to Earth, taking place sometime within six months after the end of StrikerS. Things to look forward to include (but likely won't be limited to):

Spoiler for teaser:

The title of said prologue?

Spoiler for this is pretty bad:

XD

Edit: Actually, given the length of the chapters I've seen, when the first third or so of said "prologue" is a page and a half in word (I get carried away), is it still a prologue?
Well that IS pretty cheesy. But anything that floats your boat is fine. And Rein turns Shana style tsundere? UNPOSSIBLE!!!

Edit: Damn! Was tackling backlog halfway when lightning struck and for a moment there I thought I fried my Network card. I think my PSU saved my NIC and sound card's ass. But my backpanel seems to have been fried. Lost 2 USB ports and my sound ports behind. GAhh......
Old 2007-10-16, 03:37   Link #13150
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Hmm...go to sleep, come to work, and find a massive number of posts awaiting me...I believe this is what you guys call a massive BLUECHEESIUM backlog .

I guess I should get an introductory short to get my character into the mix if things, huh?

Spoiler for A New Beginning:

Sorry it's so short . I just didn't know what else to type since I don't know what unit he's being transfered to yet. I've been contemplating the idea of Rogue Squadron, but I don't want to stick him in there without Keroko's permission first .
Sure, go ahead. I needed the motivation to finish Wes and Phanan's profiles anyway.

Just to be sure, though, did Shamsel ever do anything to cause him to face extreme reprimands, if not court marcial? It's not a problem if he didn't, but it would make a nice detail.

Quote:

Spoiler:
Welcome to this thread, do mind the backlog. It tends to bite.

I like these new characters, especially Almera. Something about a obsessive, petty and irresponsible character that denies being brutalized by Nanoha makes me go and become anxious at making them meet mine.

A squad full og trouble makers... heh, they really should meet Rogue Squadron.

I love the portraits, are they paper-drawn or photoshopped?
Old 2007-10-16, 03:51   Link #13151
Aaron008R

Quote:

<opens mouth to shout "NO!">
<closes mouth instead>
<opens mouth again>

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!:eyespi n:

Quote:

Quote:
The power of OC compels you! The power of OC compels you!The power of OC compels you!
The power of OC compels you!The power of OC compels you!The power of OC compels you!
The power of OC compels you!The power of OC compels you!The power of OC compels you!

Must... resist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
Spoiler for teaser:
When did Arc have fanboyism towards Hayate and Signum?

Quote:
The title of said prologue?

Spoiler for this is pretty bad:

XD

Edit: Actually, given the length of the chapters I've seen, when the first third or so of said "prologue" is a page and a half in word (I get carried away), is it still a prologue?
XD XD XD!
Fitting, indeed.

And that prologue is fine. We're used to long-lONG works, anyway.

Quote:
Spoiler for Subjects # 7,8,9: Rey, Shinji, Asuka:
I HEREBY DECLARE THIS AS THE MOST WIN INTERVIEW SCENE YET!!!!!

This is absolutely hilarious! XD XD XD
Whoa at Shinji...
WTF at Asuka's GAR.

WIN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
It's all 1 sided love then
[Chaos]Hee~, so you like them small, huh?[/Chaos]

Quote:
Wuzzat mean
Somebody link to the Itedaki no Hecate-tan video in youtube!
It's basically Urusai, Urusai, Urusai in chibi-language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Who's Tsuzuki?
Nanoha's director.

Quote:
Go for it!
[second thoughts]Should I let them, or not?[/second thoughts]

Quote:
[Chaos] Give in to your desires..You know you want it [/Chaos]
[Vader]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![/Vader]

Quote:
Help the tsundere is in the house! >.<

Gets dragged away by the ear.

Tashikete!!! T_T
Quote:

T_T
Whoa... So you're girlfriend's being tsundere right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Well, now that I lit a fire under myself, let's see how epic the silent battle between the brothers can get...
*Warning: Wall of Text Ahead*
Spoiler for Aratana Bakusou!! Part J:

Yeah, my mind is gone...so much for epic...
*Looks at the clock to see that it's 3 AM and falls asleep in front of the keyboard*
There goes KBT's mind... The power of sleep(or rather, lack of it).

Anyway, that was still quite intense.

Quote:
Don't fret, Wibbles! Remember!
YOU'RE DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE BACKLOG!!!

Quote:
Welcome, then. I hope you enjoy you're stay here.

Quote:

Spoiler:
I'm impressed. Already very well-done concepts/profiles from the first try. Did you draw those? They're awesome! Almera's antics sounds good to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Oh great, Leona loves older men now? I thought you were gonna play her as the home-wrecker to a certain Admiral. *runs*

Quote:
Which one? Is it worth reading?
I can't really remember tha title. But I'll see if I can look it up later. It's quite an entertaining read.

Quote:

EDIT:
Quote:
Edit: Damn! Was tackling backlog halfway when lightning struck and for a moment there I thought I fried my Network card. I think my PSU saved my NIC and sound card's ass. But my backpanel seems to have been fried. Lost 2 USB ports and my sound ports behind. GAhh......
Holy shi- at that lightning!
You're okay, at least, right? Still in one piece?

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-10-16 at 04:07.
Old 2007-10-16, 03:54   Link #13152
Tormenk

Quote:

Spoiler:
Welcome to Outer-Canaan where you check in and don't check out. And it seems you're already good to go. Nice avatars for your characters btw.

Quote:
Gah...

It could work. Just post your OC's actions in the snowfight and drag others into the action and it could go on fairly long. Kind of like a continuing game but it sounds like post-spamming so it would depend on the others to participate as well.

Quote:
I'm taking a break before I break down (bad pun ) completely. Trying to meet deadlines is insanely stressful. Then again its my fault for procrastinating.
Best you be back to your work young Padawan.

What am I saying. You're older than me.

Quote:
Great, I think we need more antagonists like Sabas. Action scenes are hard to come by if the OCs here have nobody to fight with.
Most of the OCs fight the villians their creators give them, if I'm not wrong. Although that looks set to change with some new antagonist OCs onboard. And I'm just too lazy to set up Gen and Katrina into a active antagonist role although they would fit the role nicely.

Quote:
I try very hard to deny any taint, but there's C2F constantly bombarding us. Though lately he seemed to have slowed down a bit, maybe its the flu. So be grateful for a moment of respite!
[random] Shhh! Do not speak of the devil's name lest you want Chaos bearing down onto you. >.> [/random]

Quote:
Yes I find that real cute! Tormenk is gonna start yelling "roricon!" again.
I'm keeping my mouth shut on this kind of thing lest someone neg reps me again for saying that.

Quote:
For once C2F-kun has defeated FlameSparkZ! *awards C2F with cookie*
He really did..damn.Now Maren is going to do all sorts of funny things to Koji now that Chaos has FlameZ under his control.

Quote:
Home run! *sees flying humans disappearing on the horizon*
We seem to be getting alot of that lately.

Quote:
Have you been playing too many eroges? (Prism Ark game has really funny scenes. )
How do you guys play those games without understanding a thing anyway?

Quote:
Hah! Don't remind me. That's one of the reasons I'd rather join this OC thread than join that RP. Then again look at what happened? It died off only days after it started, nobody wants to be in charge and they all just wanna throw in 1337 chars with unstoppable haxx.

Come to think of it, weren't you the events GM? Well its good though IMO, the rules and stuff they had set up were too rigid for my liking.
I don't think it was Chaos who said that.

Quote:
Makes me glad I wasn't hit with an anti-haxx hammer blow.
As was I. Although Avatar was a prime target for some fixin'.

Quote:
Incoming drama.

Quote:
Clannad's going to be a gold mine for quotes..

"Whoa he's getting air time."

Quote:
Quick! Its morphing time! Bring out the megazord!

Quote:
Well that IS pretty cheesy. But anything that floats your boat is fine. And Rein turns Shana style tsundere? UNPOSSIBLE!!!
Now all she needs is a Koji Yuji

Quote:
That's some scary-ass lightning you got over there. @_@

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-10-16, 04:10   Link #13153
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
And... continuing on a few posts back, it's the AI's turn

Spoiler for Subjects # 7,8,9: Rey, Shinji, Asuka:
Wow, just wow. Love their interactions, well thought out and written. ZOMG @ Shinji not being a virgin anymore. Asuka's reactions are pure gold. Rey into *cough*yaoi*cough* is really .

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
It's all 1 sided love then
For the most part it seems. Except for Maren of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321
Not really, he changed into Lutecia avy last time, or was it Rider?
That was Rider without that thing covering her eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321
U GO SSJ4? I GO SSJ4 FUSION + GOLDEN OOZARU BWAHAHAHS
And the haxx police will come after you with batons.

Quote:

Spoiler:
Very interesting and looks promising. Are those portraits self-made? Photoshop or drawn?

2 issues here I'll address before Tk comes after you. AAA ranked that is able to engage in combat at any range is pretty strong. I won't say its broken, but its a bit imbalanced. 2nd, another Ancient Belka knight with rare skill? Goes against canon. And somehow I'm reminded of Doraemon.

In any case, welcome aboard.
Old 2007-10-16, 04:25   Link #13154
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I like this one better, personally. A lot les spoilerish too.

Quote:
Very interesting and looks promising. Are those portraits self-made? Photoshop or drawn?

2 issues here I'll address before Tk comes after you. AAA ranked that is able to engage in combat at any range is pretty strong. I won't say its broken, but its a bit imbalanced. 2nd, another Ancient Belka knight with rare skill? Goes against canon. And somehow I'm reminded of Doraemon.

On the subject of all range, it's not neccisarely imbalanced. Keroko is a mid-close ranged combatant, capable of fighting at both ranged attacks and close (though long-range attacks is a slightly weaker point of her) but she uses the 'jack of all trades, master of none' aproach. In other words, specialists like Nanoha in ranged and Fate in close combat will be able to defeat her in their respective areas. If Two-swords uses this analogy, it's perfectly acceptable.
Old 2007-10-16, 04:48   Link #13155
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
I can't really remember tha title. But I'll see if I can look it up later. It's quite an entertaining read.
That'll help. I'm planning to read a lot of stuff when I graduate, among other things I need to do (sign up for internship or get a job straight), so can absorb ideas left and right.

Quote:
EDIT:

Holy shi- at that lightning!
You're okay, at least, right? Still in one piece?
Well of course I'm in one piece, the lightning didn't hit me. Its just that my house doesn't have a lightning rod so I had a power surge earlier and my PSU must have shut some power off. My Internet connection just went dead and I thought I fried some inner components.

Funny how its all right now after I reset my computer. Though I think my connection port for my speakers at the back panel are gone. The panel on the front is funny, plug it in and only 1 side of my speakers work.

Thing is its the rainy season over here in Malaysia, comes twice a year when the monsoon wind changes directions, the transition phase. Often times we get really heavy downpours here along with thunderstorms. Real pain for drivers here.

Quote:
Best you be back to your work young Padawan.

What am I saying. You're older than me.
I'm only about to be 22. Well anyway work's almost done really, just some lose ends then I have to do the printing for a thick fat documentation. Has a solid 12k or so words in it and tonnes of diagrams. Damn I do so hate myself for picking the wrong course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Most of the OCs fight the villians their creators give them, if I'm not wrong. Although that looks set to change with some new antagonist OCs onboard. And I'm just too lazy to set up Gen and Katrina into a active antagonist role although they would fit the role nicely.
Gen and Katrina seem to be more like anti-heroes than antagonist, and I think that works too, it still gives opportunities for conflict. For example her antagonizing of Fate in your snippet.

Quote:
[random] Shhh! Do not speak of the devil's name lest you want Chaos bearing down onto you. >.> [/random]

Too late. Seems like he's more or less recovered. Singapore flu most be the noobish variant. I could get a flu and go weeks before I recover over here, though the fever might go off in 2-3 days. Maybe its because I don't get sick often, so when I do the virus decides to hit me big time.

Quote:
I'm keeping my mouth shut on this kind of thing lest someone neg reps me again for saying that.
Sounds like trouble from one of the other threads.

Quote:
He really did..damn.Now Maren is going to do all sorts of funny things to Koji now that Chaos has FlameZ under his control.
Oh the horror. Now there's no stopping the harem.

Quote:
We seem to be getting alot of that lately.
Its the tsunderes with their harisens and 528 Chun Li style combos. You know you're gonna get a lot of that when you see people like that around.

Quote:
How do you guys play those games without understanding a thing anyway?
The funny thing is it actually helps me learn to read Kanji. I don't know exactly what they say, but often times I can pick the gist of it by reading the text and listening to the conversation.

Though I still have problems with drama CDs and sound stages since I only have the audio to listen to.

Incidentally I only play story-driven ones with nice plot, many of them actually were ported to anime.

Quote:
I don't think it was Chaos who said that.
Yeah was a must be typo since i copy and paste the quote tags to make it easier for me to reply.

Quote:
As was I. Although Avatar was a prime target for some fixin'.
I actually have people telling me my chars are underpowered sometimes, back when I tried to join an RP. Sad to say I couldn't find many Malaysians that were really interested in RP-ing.

Quote:
Incoming drama.
Another tsundere in the making.

Quote:
Clannad's going to be a gold mine for quotes..

"Whoa he's getting air time."

Definitely. [Tomoya]Lucky! I'll be sure to stab you well.[/Tomoya]

Quote:
Not my fault! It reminded me of sentai so I couldn't resist!

Quote:
Now all she needs is a Koji Yuji
He'll be forced to eat melon breads all day and night.

Quote:
That's some scary-ass lightning you got over there. @_@
Isn't it raining over in SG too? I should think the weather in this region is more or less the same. We've been having thunderstorms here lately. Then again my house not having a lightning rod doesn't help.

I normally have to turn the computer off if there's a thunderstorm. But I had to send somethings through e-mail urgently and I risked it. Good thing there wasn't any real damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
On the subject of all range, it's not neccisarely imbalanced. Keroko is a mid-close ranged combatant, capable of fighting at both ranged attacks and close (though long-range attacks is a slightly weaker point of her) but she uses the 'jack of all trades, master of none' aproach. In other words, specialists like Nanoha in ranged and Fate in close combat will be able to defeat her in their respective areas. If Two-swords uses this analogy, it's perfectly acceptable.
Well that's true, it can be easily worked out. I just wanted to point it out to him. The Ancient Belka thing is the real issue that needs to be worked out.
Old 2007-10-16, 05:15   Link #13156
Two-Sword
Labyrinth Dweller

Lowe:
sacrificed a.k.a subjected to non-lethal mental and physical anguish.
Yes. I draw. Those. But such things only get completed after long-drawn battles vs. laziness/moods.

FieryAeon:
By 'All-Range' I mean that her skills are averaged at all the ranges, not particularly being weaker or stronger at any range. Specialization in general offensive. You can say that Nanoha(with better bombardment), Fate(with better melee) and to a small extent, Teana(still developing and she wanted to be good at everything) are those that work in this category. I picked this because it's exactly the kind of skill level that would work for her character. She trains to that level for her obession over power and respect, and having talent(and unseen hard work) at that level earns her the reputation she wants. It's no good if that scary sergeant does not have the skills to back up the reputation.
I don't recall exactly whether the absolute 'last Ancient Belka users' line was said in the A's to SS manga or in StrikerS(or if the line was explicitly THAT absolute), but if canon needs to be heavily-enforced, it can easily be said that Abel gained/revealed them AFTER, right ? At any rate, these aren't likely to be final, so they may change as I find better ways to put them together.

Generally, it's a well-used exception in a general rule of mundanes that often makes things more exciting. Of course, if you break it too often without much purpose, then it becomes mundane.

keroko, aaron:
haha, Almera was basically born from the thought of 'What if there was someone who's actually TRYING to be(or beat) the crazy demonlord Nanoha is portrayed to be in fandom ?' as opposed to Subaru aspiring to be the the heroic saviour she thinks Nanoha is.
Old 2007-10-16, 05:17   Link #13157
Tormenk

Quote:
Wow, just wow. Love their interactions, well thought out and written. ZOMG @ Shinji not being a virgin anymore. Asuka's reactions are pure gold. Rey into *cough*yaoi*cough* is really .
Who knew AI siblings was so much fun?

Quote:

2 issues here I'll address before Tk comes after you. AAA ranked that is able to engage in combat at any range is pretty strong. I won't say its broken, but its abit imbalanced. 2nd, another Ancient Belka knight with rare skill? Goes against canon. And somehow I'm reminded of Doraemon.

I would take range capabilities along with device designs and limitations into mind as well. Some devices clearly can't manage combat at certain ranges or even not at all with their design fitted to their user's needs, some more specifically so that requires them to close in to do combat all sometimes. Although user-inputed spells could help alot. As for Ancient Belkan, fit it in post-Strikers and give a decent explanation would be all it needs IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Shana-tan at her best.

Quote:
Perfectly explained. Leave it to Two-Swords to explain if he has some other idea in mind or perhaps just as you said.

Quote:

Well of course I'm in one piece, the lightning didn't hit me. Its just that my house doesn't have a lightning rod so I had a power surge earlier and my PSU must have shut some power off. My Internet connection just went dead and I thought I fried some inner components.

Funny how its all right now after I reset my computer. Though I think my connection port for my speakers at the back panel are gone. The panel on the front is funny, plug it in and only 1 side of my speakers work.
I'm surprised your computer didn't got fried as it is.

Quote:
I'm only about to be 22. Well anyway work's almost done really, just some lose ends then I have to do the printing for a thick fat documentation. Has a solid 12k or so words in it and tonnes of diagrams. Damn I do so hate myself for picking the wrong course.
The fate of IT-ers. I'm currently pursuing a IT diploma but oh boy.

Quote:
Gen and Katrina seem to be more like anti-heroes than antagonist, and I think that works too, it still gives opportunities for conflict. For example her antagonizing of Fate in your snippet.
I hadn't thought of that possible til you gave me the idea. Thanks.

Quote:
Too late. Seems like he's more or less recovered. Singapore flu most be the noobish variant. I could get a flu and go weeks before I recover over here, though the fever might go off in 2-3 days. Maybe its because I don't get sick often, so when I do the virus decides to hit me big time.
Aye. Or he just has incredible resilience.

Quote:
Sounds like trouble from one of the other threads.
Strangely it came from here a few days ago while I was responding on the topic of lolicons.

Quote:
Oh the horror. Now there's no stopping the harem.
He's going to have a field day soon.

Quote:
Its the tsunderes with their harisens and 528 Chun Li style combos. You know you're gonna get a lot of that when you see people like that around.
OCs and recent shows are a great source of comedy.

Quote:
The funny thing is it actually helps me learn to read Kanji. I don't know exactly what they say, but often times I can pick the gist of it by reading the text and listening to the conversation.

Though I still have problems with drama CDs and sound stages since I only have the audio to listen to.

Incidentally I only play story-driven ones with nice plot, many of them actually were ported to anime.
That's something. Learning how to read kanji while playing games. How's Prism Ark so far then?

Quote:
I actually have people telling me my chars are underpowered sometimes, back when I tried to join an RP. Sad to say I couldn't find many Malaysians that were really interested in RP-ing.
It's individual interest which brought us here after all I think. Although compared to the highly-colorful OCs here that would be true. Still, it's the fun that counts.

Quote:
Another tsundere in the making.
Leona doesn't seem like that. Does she?

Well just have to ask PF to give her a faster entrance into GuardianS.

Quote:
He'll be forced to eat melon breads all day and night.
Or worse. He could go bald.

Quote:
Isn't it raining over in SG too? I should think the weather in this region is more or less the same. We've been having thunderstorms here lately. Then again my house not having a lightning rod doesn't help.

I normally have to turn the computer off if there's a thunderstorm. But I had to send somethings through e-mail urgently and I risked it. Good thing there wasn't any real damage.
I had a thunderstorm here right around there just now too. The lack of a lightning rod doesn't help much when it pours in the middle of the night doesn't it? In addition to the worry in the absence of it.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-10-16, 06:11   Link #13158
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
FieryAeon:
By 'All-Range' I mean that her skills are averaged at all the ranges, not particularly being weaker or stronger at any range. Specialization in general offensive. You can say that Nanoha(with better bombardment), Fate(with better melee) and to a small extent, Teana(still developing and she wanted to be good at everything) are those that work in this category. I picked this because it's exactly the kind of skill level that would work for her character. She trains to that level for her obession over power and respect, and having talent(and unseen hard work) at that level earns her the reputation she wants. It's no good if that scary sergeant does not have the skills to back up the reputation.
That's fine enough. Like I said it wasn't a big issue, easily worked out. Just wanted to clarify, but maybe I sounded a bit blunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Sword
I don't recall exactly whether the absolute 'last Ancient Belka users' line was said in the A's to SS manga or in StrikerS(or if the line was explicitly THAT absolute), but if canon needs to be heavily-enforced, it can easily be said that Abel gained/revealed them AFTER, right ? At any rate, these aren't likely to be final, so they may change as I find better ways to put them together.

Generally, it's a well-used exception in a general rule of mundanes that often makes things more exciting. Of course, if you break it too often without much purpose, then it becomes mundane.
Well as long as it doesn't outright contradict a given fact in nanohaverse, it's fine. The thing is I heard somewhere that they said Ancient Belka users being only down to three. I don't really recall where though.

A way to get around that is to make it post Strikers. Out goes TSAB for a recruitment drive (or how you plan to do it), lo and behold discovered a youngster who somehow knows AB. Now how you justify that though will come heavily into play. So far the artifact idea sounds feasible, though I'm curious as to what it is.

The dimensional portal thing also made me imagined Kakashi's magenkyou sharingan.

Quote:
Who knew AI siblings was so much fun?
We'll this is the first instance of AI siblings that I personally know of, which explains why I didn't know that the concept can be so much fun.

[quote=TormenkI'm surprised your computer didn't got fried as it is. [/quote]
I'm quite surprised myself. Back when I was using a P4 Acer machine I had my network card or modem fried so many times due to the same kind of power surge caused by lightning hitting the telephone poles outside (Malaysian last mile phone lines are all above ground), coming through to the modem, frying either that or my network card.

Seems very likely that my computer's power supply unit is what saved the day. After some tinkering I even got my speaker working again, using one of the other ports behind. (Funny how it seems like I can just plug my speakers in more than 1 location. )

Quote:
The fate of IT-ers. I'm currently pursuing a IT diploma but oh boy.
An important thing to note is to always choose a title that will have resources and material readily available, either in books or the net. This is especially important your final year students, who have to complete an 7-8 month long project.

You won't wanna spend too much time on research alone not because you're being meticulous but because you can't find nuts about the stupid title you picked. Another thing to note is don't take IT if you find that you don't like programming, its something you can't run away from.

Well enough rambling about the annoyance of IT projects.

Quote:
I hadn't thought of that possible til you gave me the idea. Thanks.
It just popped up in my mind. Not antagonist, but not really very friendly with the "good guys". Anti-hero fits the description quite well.

Quote:
Aye. Or he just has incredible resilience.
Which explains his resistance to Unlimited Suggestive Works. Lets wait for FlameZ to strike back with his Unlimited Moe Sketch Works.

Quote:
Strangely it came from here a few days ago while I was responding on the topic of lolicons.
That's odd.

Quote:
He's going to have a field day soon.
Well as long as its not my OCs. Have fun!

Quote:
OCs and recent shows are a great source of comedy.
That's because we have so many creative people where with abundance of creative juices flowing. Now stop giving me that weird look when I said juice.

Quote:
That's something. Learning how to read kanji while playing games. How's Prism Ark so far then?
Its definitely different from the anime. In fact even anime bloggers are saying that. The main lead is kinda weak, but not so in the anime. Then again I've yet to watch the anime, only read blog reviews.

About learning kanji, its kinda same like going out to buy kanji cards and learning audio aids to help you learn. I've always wanted to learn Jap so I'll take anything that helps me to learn, without needing to pay for those learning aids.

Quote:
It's individual interest which brought us here after all I think. Although compared to the highly-colorful OCs here that would be true. Still, it's the fun that counts.
More than just the OCs, I came because there are stories to read here.

Quote:
Leona doesn't seem like that. Does she?

Well just have to ask PF to give her a faster entrance into GuardianS.
He's probably slogging through his lab work. Science students have it tough.

We should refrain from quoting each other's mini backlogs else the mods descent upon us like angry beehives.
Old 2007-10-16, 06:40   Link #13159
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
<opens mouth to shout "NO!">
<closes mouth instead>
<opens mouth again>

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!:eyespi n:

Must... resist...

[Vader]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![/Vader]
[Borg]

Resistance is futile Resistance is futile Resistance is futile

[/Borg]

Quote:
Such is the mighty mind-warping powers of the forces of Chaos
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Yup, that's all the motivation I need to get the first season...

*CHANGE GETTA ONE, SWITCH ON!!!!*

Quote:

Thing is its the rainy season over here in Malaysia, comes twice a year when the monsoon wind changes directions, the transition phase. Often times we get really heavy downpours here along with thunderstorms. Real pain for drivers here.
Next time, get a good trusty AVR, should save you that kind of grief Although I'm not that good with brands myself, so just ask around

Quote:
Lowe:
sacrificed a.k.a subjected to non-lethal mental and physical anguish.
Yes. I draw. Those. But such things only get completed after long-drawn battles vs. laziness/moods.
I think Almera's going to get along well with the OC who put Nanoha through hell

We understand Although damn, not only do you draw good, you color them better as well

Quote:
It's in the manga. And yes, that'll work, since that line was uttered very early in the manga timeline (4 years pre-StrikerS).

Quote:
keroko, aaron:
haha, Almera was basically born from the thought of 'What if there was someone who's actually TRYING to be(or beat) the crazy demonlord Nanoha is portrayed to be in fandom ?' as opposed to Subaru aspiring to be the the heroic saviour she thinks Nanoha is.

And a very good thought it is

Quote:
TRUTH

Quote:
The dimensional portal thing also made me imagined Kakashi's magenkyou sharingan.
Isn't the Mangekyou Sharingan more like an incredibly powerful illusion spell than sending the person to another dimension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon
We'll this is the first instance of AI siblings that I personally know of, which explains why I didn't know that the concept can be so much fun.
And proudly the only one here in OC It's kinda strange there aren't more here IMHO, everyone seems to like solo-flight UD's

And anything can become fun, as long as you make it so

Quote:
Which explains his resistance to Unlimited Suggestive Works. Lets wait for FlameZ to strike back with his Unlimited Moe Sketch Works.
Demonic Hedonistic Powers

VS

Sweet Fluffy Kawaii Moegaton Bombs!!!!

WHO SHALL WIN?!?!?!

Quote:
We should refrain from quoting each other's mini backlogs else the mods descent upon us like angry beehives.
If that was the case, half the OC would be gone by now

Old 2007-10-16, 06:44   Link #13160
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:

T_T

Quote:
I think it's much worse for Erio For some reason, he's missing

Quote:

Spoiler:
NAIIISU

Quote:
Gah...

There's no snow here

Quote:
You like to make puns don't you and for some reason, whenever i see your avatar, i keep stopping to stare at it for a few seconds before continuing plowing the backlogs

Quote:
[Chaos]Hee~, so you like them small, huh?[/Chaos]

What Something wrong with a guy liking cute girls? and I mentioned earlier, for some reason I seem to like Hayate and Rein more than I like Fate now

Quote:
I can't imagine that cause if I do, I'll die of MOE overload
O SH- I JUST DID

*dies from MOE overload*

Quote:
Don't fret, Wibbles! Remember!
YOU'RE DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE BACKLOG!!!
Hey WAIT!!! If he pierces the backlogs with that drill, the BLUECHEESIUM will ignite and... you get the point

Quote:
For the most part it seems. Except for Maren of course.
I AM pretty unpopular with the ladies

Quote:
That was Rider without that thing covering her eyes.
USO! It frickin looked like Lutecia

Quote:
And the haxx police will come after you with batons.
Provided that they can get near me, I have around 2-3 senzu beans in my pocket while they only have 2million people which i can blow up with one BIG BANG KAMEHA

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Closed Thread