AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 23:16   Link #241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've already mentioned it, though i shall again incase anyone has forgot - the OP single release 'Cross Heart' is this Wednesday (24th). Looking very much forward to it, though of course the real treasure for me is when the Soundtrack gets a release date. :3

Spoiler for Episode 03:

I'm starting to find Setsuna's story to be somewhat of a very upsetting one. I don't believe Kyoshiro to be the type thats just completely ignoring the fact that she's in-love with him - maybe they've had some kind of past talk about it, where its impossible for them to even be apart of that kind of relationship.
Still.. its upsetting. ;_;

Speaking of Setsuna - i've become attached to the BGM that played in episode 03 as she was mentioning her life with Kyoshiro. It appeared in the first and second episode, so i'm glad its something we'll be hearing much more of. It kind of reminds me of a few of the more emotional/important BGM's used for the Popotan anime. :3

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-01-19 at 23:53.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 04:26   Link #242
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
maybe its due to the face that setsuna is an absolute angel and the relationship she has with her master is strictly master and servant ~ even if that is true kyoshiro is still treating setsuna just as a weapon which doesnt go down well in my books...it doesnt look like hes showing any affection at all besides just giving her kisses (for different reasons to setsuna) ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 07:22   Link #243
sakura_1990

arghh.. episode 3 is really cliffhangers.. i feel so sad for setuna.. the way kyoshiro treats her.. hais..
Spoiler:
sakura_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 08:19   Link #244
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
maybe its due to the face that setsuna is an absolute angel and the relationship she has with her master is strictly master and servant
That was already said in the second episode - so we already know that. Though i believe it'll play a huge role in things to come. They wouldn't focus so much on Setsuna's 'depressing' facial expressions otherwise.
Old 2007-01-20, 14:31   Link #245
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That was already said in the second episode - so we already know that. Though i believe it'll play a huge role in things to come. They wouldn't focus so much on Setsuna's 'depressing' facial expressions otherwise.
I agree. Every time it happens, there's a focus on her disappointing facial expressions. I still think Kyoshiro is gonna turn into a bad guy. Maybe she'll be forced to realize he doesn't have the best interests for her or the others, and is forced to kill him at the end! Oh wouldn't that be tragic.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 14:51   Link #246
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
I agree. Every time it happens, there's a focus on her disappointing facial expressions. I still think Kyoshiro is gonna turn into a bad guy. Maybe she'll be forced to realize he doesn't have the best interests for her or the others, and is forced to kill him at the end! Oh wouldn't that be tragic.
Hmm, I think it's possible that he's ignoring her feelings b/c if it's true that AA suck up the life energy of their master then the master would die one day. Maybe Kyoshiro knows this fact and that Setsuna likes him, but he doesn't want her feelings to become more of a burden to her should he acknowledge them so he pretends he doesn't know how she feels about him.

...Okay that was a total brain drabble I just wrote, but who knows, it might be true.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 15:17   Link #247
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Hmm, I think it's possible that he's ignoring her feelings b/c if it's true that AA suck up the life energy of their master then the master would die one day. Maybe Kyoshiro knows this fact and that Setsuna likes him, but he doesn't want her feelings to become more of a burden to her should he acknowledge them so he pretends he doesn't know how she feels about him.

...Okay that was a total brain drabble I just wrote, but who knows, it might be true.
I'm not sure if that's why Kyoshiro is like that towards Setsuna, but it could explain why Kaon told Kuu that she wasn't lovers with Himiko.

Warning, fangirl ramble: If that's the case, that would definitely explain why she kept trying to reassure Himiko that she was ok despite her wound. She didn't want her to kiss her knowing it would drain some of her life away. I wonder how she's going to be healed after that torture? I'm curious if the ratio of damage that needs to be healed is equivalent to the life force drained from the human. Kaon's back wound wasn't too bad, and yet it left Himiko extremely exhausted afterwards. Healing Kaon after getting slammed by a pillar for who knows how long sounds like it would take a lot.
Old 2007-01-20, 15:28   Link #248
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post

so its ok to be breaking kuu's heart then even knowing this fact? naw i dont think it would turn out that tragic >.< and i guess why himiko fainted was because she just lacks the mana capacity to give to kaon ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 18:05   Link #249
Kipp
Uncertainty

After closer inspection of the opening movie, I'm found more things to ramble about!
  • Horse Trinket
  • 4th Mech

In the opening, you see Kuu staring affectionately at a small white horse trinket. It looks like the white horse Kyoshiro always shows up with. She closes her fingers around it and holds it against her chest as if treasuring it. Wings then sprout out of her back. I'm curious if this is her "trigger" item? Kaon has the moon shaped earring, Setsuna has the bells she wears. Maybe the horse trinket is Kuu's?

I mentioned the 4th mech earlier. I must have been oblivious to this part of the opening. The blond girl, that the cast hasn't met yet, with the wings coming off her armor, is shown with the 4th mech. I'll assume she's an AA too and it's her mech. If it is though, it still doesn't' explain why Kuu and Kyoshiro are sitting on it at the end of the opening.

Old 2007-01-20, 18:23   Link #250
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I still think Kyoshiro is gonna turn into a bad guy.
Why would you even think about something like that? Kyoshiro has not shown any reason in his actions as to why he'd appear to be a bad guy later on in the series. I have to admit he does have that bad guy image going for him - its just that i don't see anyway it could actually happen.
Old 2007-01-20, 18:34   Link #251
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Why would you even think about something like that? Kyoshiro has not shown any reason in his actions as to why he'd appear to be a bad guy later on in the series. I have to admit he does have that bad guy image going for him - its just that i don't see anyway it could actually happen.
To be completely honest, it's more of a gut feeling than anything. He just gives me a bad vibe every time I see him. He may be a good guy, he may be a bad guy, it's too early for me to say positively either way. I don't know why Kyoshiro is wanting Kuu on his side. I don't know what his connection is to his brother. I didn't understand anything they said during the flashbacks and such of him and his brother in episode 3. In the opening, there's a scene showing his brother in the background, and then Kyoshiro appearing in front of the image with chains wrapped around his body. I'm not sure yet what it's symbolic of, but it gave me a bad feeling about their relationship. From what I've seen, and understand so far, in my opinion, at the moment it just appears that Kyoshiro is using Setsuna and Kuu for his own personal reasons. I could be completely wrong about that, and what I just said before that. It's just all speculation on my part.
Old 2007-01-20, 18:37   Link #252
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The key to true speculation is being able to have a worthy reason behind it - though i'll let you of this time. :3

The main part of the story that we need to know, is just what is Kuu's link to everything thats happening. At the moment all that comes to mind is that in some way a Absolute Angels is linked to her. I believe once we find out her link, more question surrounding the story could be answered.
Old 2007-01-20, 19:55   Link #253
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Someone shoud really flatten that catgirl! Taroutte totally ruined the mood there.

As for Setsuna, it's obvious she's being treated as a servant. Maids don't get the prince, after all. Kuu got a spiffy new uniform ( a shorter version of the one in her flashback), not a maid outfit. For some reason, she's being treated differently. Gotta wait to see the meaning behind that uniform, beyond any fairy tale or Sailor Moon nods.

Advice to Kuu: Ignore Setsuna and go for it!
Old 2007-01-20, 20:12   Link #254
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
The key to true speculation is being able to have a worthy reason behind it - though i'll let you of this time. :3

The main part of the story that we need to know, is just what is Kuu's link to everything thats happening. At the moment all that comes to mind is that in some way a Absolute Angels is linked to her. I believe once we find out her link, more question surrounding the story could be answered.
There's only three episodes out right now, and the third isn't even subbed. I was simply going off my impression of what had been happening so far. Maybe I interrupted things differently than you. I wasn't saying that I think Kyoshiro is a bad guy just for the heck of it. I came to that from my interpretations of his actions towards Setsuna and Kuu thus far. I did point out my logic could be flawed, and I could be entirely wrong about this. I apologize if I was out of place on posting my thoughts. I do agree with you that we really need to know how Kuu ties into all of this. That would certainly help finding out about other matters.
Old 2007-01-20, 20:26   Link #255
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I did mention that Kyoshiro does have that bad guy image going for him - the type that would kiss a girl just to stop them from asking anymore questions.. gotta love that type of character. Anyway, i don't want us to have any misunderstandings here (you've no need to apologize :3) - i believe your views and speculations on the show to be 100% top.

Just rewatching some scenes of episode 03 - and like i mentioned before, just seeing Setsuna's huge smile as she's 'fixing' Kyoshiro's suit in the back flash in so god damn upsetting. ;_;
Old 2007-01-20, 20:53   Link #256
Kipp
Uncertainty

Aww. <3 I understand. I appreciate you clearing that up. I know what you mean about Setsuna. She's happy just doing simple things for him. Fixing his clothes, making him meals etc. I thought her expression while cooking all that food for him was adorable. Then of course, he didn't eat any of it.
Old 2007-01-20, 20:55   Link #257
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The chick's the maid. Stop getting upset over it. Class issues mean that she ain't getting this guy.

Is Kuu in a Joudou Academy female uniform? I keep hearing Joudou Academy, but I need the subs to verify it.
Old 2007-01-20, 21:01   Link #258
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
She's happy just doing simple things for him. Fixing his clothes, making him meals etc. I thought her expression while cooking all that food for him was adorable.
Heh, i believe this is where her cute side comes into play. When she first appeared in episode 01 upto the fight scene at the end of the episode, we just got to see a cold warrior who didn't show any feelings at all. Its good to see that the story plans to focus on each character we've seen so far, and not just the main ones (though i'd class Setsuna as a main character :3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The chick's the maid. Stop getting upset over it. Class issues mean that she ain't getting this guy.
I understand her story - but why should i stop getting upsetting about it? You give me no reason to. I don't see anything wrong with me showing a bit of emotion towards the character i'm enjoying seeing.
Old 2007-01-20, 23:30   Link #259
Mangaka-chan

*twitch* Still waiting for episode 3 sub to come out...Gah!

Anyway, I get the impression that the final pairing will be Kuu/Kyoshiro, just going by what the OP seems to indicate. But of course it could just be the animators leading us on. I only hope Setsuna doesn't end up dying while trying to save someone; that'll be too cheesy and unfair for her.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 00:24   Link #260
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen ep. 3
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!