AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2005-12-17, 10:20   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Air - Questions and Answers!

This thread is for those with questions about the Air anime, movie, manga or game. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or game.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the game (or any non-anime source). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read this FAQ

Spoiler tag example
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-17, 11:42   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Cool Recovered Thread Content

Spoiler:

Last edited by NightWish; 2005-12-21 at 09:02.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 06:09   Link #3
animeloon

watched air tv 1-12..however still can't understand the ending.

1. who's the 2 kids at the end?are they related to yukito and mizusu?
animeloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 20:44   Link #4
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Quoted from the "spoiler" above:
Quote:
1)Misuzu dies and her soul returns to the sky but this time with happy memories she got from having spent the time with her mother. There's a bit more to it though. There's debate as to whether or not the two kids seen in the ending were yukito and misuzu reincarnated.
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 22:58   Link #5
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Nobody really knows. They represent "a new beginning".
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 00:01   Link #6
Casius
Second Summer of Love

All these twists and turns and confusing storyline, I think are one of the main reasons that made this anime great
Casius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 23:48   Link #7
Paper Lilies

Send a message via AIM to Paper Lilies
^^

Should I Watch the Special, or movie first after the series?
Paper Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 01:28   Link #8
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

The special is based on the series, so it's preferrable to see the two summer eps to finish off the series.

The AIR movie for all intents and purposes is a standalone alternate telling of the AIR story. Watch it first before the tv series or you can watch it last after seeing the series but keep the two as separate.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 22:26   Link #9
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Totally watch the TV series first then watch the movie or special next. The movie didn't have the emotional impact and may leave the series with less?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 07:22   Link #10
sniperz

so basically i wan to know the ending

air the movie : mizusu became a angel after she's fevered out*

air 1-13: ??? wats the ending?

juz need to know..
sniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 20:39   Link #11
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Leo_Otaku:
Or, watch the movie but skip the Aozora scene. I know I'm doing that xD

sniperz:
Spoiler:
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 07:47   Link #12
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

i stumbled onto this series...and i liked it and since it was so short i though that it hadnt ended.....but i guess i was wrong....this was a time filler between bleach episodes, but a GREAT filler at that

Spoiler:
eLcHaKeTeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 19:09   Link #13
frad113

Actually, I'd say that "Bleach is filler between Air episodes" is the more correct way to put it - but I guess that really depends on the person. As for your question, refer to the second post from the top.
Old 2006-01-01, 02:38   Link #14
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113
Actually, I'd say that "Bleach is filler between Air episodes" is the more correct way to put it - but I guess that really depends on the person. As for your question, refer to the second post from the top.

we'll just agree to disagree....but it still doesnt take anything away from air.....i really liked it alot though

Spoiler:

and thanks for the answer to my previous question
eLcHaKeTeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 02:59   Link #15
frad113

No problem, it wasn't all that difficult to answer.
Old 2006-01-01, 08:30   Link #16
Frozen_Skye
Vampire

I read over the posts and was extremely glad that it shed light on alot of things that I was struggling to understand. However, the only thing that I'm still very confused about is Yukito as a crow. In the flashbacks, the story was told from the crow's pov (i think) and it seems the crow was there all along. But Yukito supposedly only turned into the crow after Misuzu got all feverish. So why did it appear like Yukito the bird was there throughout the entire story?
Frozen_Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 08:57   Link #17
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I read over the posts and was extremely glad that it shed light on alot of things that I was struggling to understand. However, the only thing that I'm still very confused about is Yukito as a crow. In the flashbacks, the story was told from the crow's pov (i think) and it seems the crow was there all along. But Yukito supposedly only turned into the crow after Misuzu got all feverish. So why did it appear like Yukito the bird was there throughout the entire story?

OMG......dont u read?.....that was my question!......like he said refer to the second post from the top........im not tryin to be an ass....but i just asked that question....its in the spoiler tag, which u obviously disreguarded..its post num. 12
Old 2006-01-01, 11:05   Link #18
Frozen_Skye
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo
OMG......dont u read?.....that was my question!......like he said refer to the second post from the top........im not tryin to be an ass....but i just asked that question....its in the spoiler tag, which u obviously disreguarded..its post num. 12
I'm sorry but I srsly tried going thru that mega long post. Maybe its insane length just spins me out but I can't seem to spot the answer to my question. There's very sufficient discussion about WHY he turned into a crow (which I finally understand thanks to that post) but I am still a bit confused as to the timeline/flashback issue. I'd appreciate it if u could perhaps quote the part which answers my question. Thanks!
Frozen_Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 11:18   Link #19
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen_Skye
I'm sorry but I srsly tried going thru that mega long post. Maybe its insane length just spins me out but I can't seem to spot the answer to my question. There's very sufficient discussion about WHY he turned into a crow (which I finally understand thanks to that post) but I am still a bit confused as to the timeline/flashback issue. I'd appreciate it if u could perhaps quote the part which answers my question. Thanks!
......ok......i hope this answers ur question..........
Quote:
Finally a word about Sora the crow.

As tragic as it is that Yukito seems to have run away and abandoned Misuzu when she really needed him and cared for him, he did the right thing. He'd gone as far as the two could go with the way things were. Had Yukito stayed as the freeloader at the Kamio house, Misuzu would have died without reaching her goal. Yukito may have lived on, or he may have died within a year anyway, like his ancestor Ryuuyu had 1000 years earlier. This would have solved nothing.

Instead, like his mother before him, he placed his heart, his wish, into the doll while he still had power, while he was still strong. His wish was to be by Misuzu's side forever and to help her reach her goal, and to save the girl in the sky, Kanna, fufilling Ryuuyu's 1000 year old wish. In the final three episodes Yukito, as Sora
rarely leaves Misuzu's side. He intervenes when Haruko tosses away Misuzu's birthday gift, the baby dinosaur, and alerts Haruko to its presence at the temple towards the end. Misuzu tries her best to reach the dinosaur and succeeds, a rehearsal perhaps for reaching her ultimate goal.

But why a crow? Haruko's (some say corny) speech at the end should give us a clue. Humans cannot fly in the sky, but birds can. After Misuzu reaches her goal, Sora flies away to find the girl in the sky who's still alone to bring her back for a new beginning.
What is the use of wings which cannot flap nor fly?
It's to remind us of those happy memories from when we could fly.

What is the use of friends or family who ultimately die or leave?
The happy memories they leave behind.
.....its kinda like im doin ur homework........lol
Old 2006-01-01, 18:38   Link #20
frad113

At that moment in time in episode 7, Yukito-san put all his will power into saving Misuzu and "became" Sora. Thus, the space-time continium was altered and the Yukito-san in episodes 10, 11 and 12 was no longer the same Yukito-san who was there before. Or something like that. I'm probably wrong, we have to wait for Rugal to come back here and explain again.