AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 85 63.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 26.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-10, 15:40   Link #81
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Wonderful episode like others have said...I even actually liked the placement of the insert song and ofcourse best of all urusaix3 is back.

Shame it looks like where going back to the...ugh...love triangle. Think ill just wait awhile before I bother watching the rest of this season...
Don't wait awhile trust me things aren't exactly what they seem, the next episode 2 episodes will be amazing...unless J.C staff messes up.
Old 2008-03-10, 16:12   Link #82
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow, holy shit. I don't remember the last time I gave two 10/10 ratings consecutively. No seriously, this might be the first. I'm just too speechless. The inclusion of the first OP was brilliant, as well as the first words from Shana.

About the love triangle thing I completely accept the first season's love triangle. If they go back to that, then sure. If they continue with what's been shown this season, then no.

Does this episode make up for all of the "challenged" one this season? Probably not, but it still saved the series tremendously. Of course, I'm hoping for the following episodes to be excellent also.
Old 2008-03-10, 17:15   Link #83
Mentar
Banned

You know what I enjoyed most in this episode, other than the extended JOINT as battlehymn?

Marcosius' dirty laughter when it became clear that the plan was working
Old 2008-03-10, 17:37   Link #84
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
I must say, Wilhelmina looked beautiful on that episode <3
Old 2008-03-10, 18:51   Link #85
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

It was another great episode.

I want a cliffhanger ending.

that would indicate a third season
Old 2008-03-10, 19:19   Link #86
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn that was one heck of an episode. Yuji really came through in figuring things out. Again showing what his head can do rather than just screaming like an idiot. Understanding Sabrac and coming up with a strategy that would keep him from eating the people.

Have to give props to Johan. Coming up with a way to counter Stigma which really saved everyone's backsides here. Guess if your attacked by him so often you could come up with some kind of plan after a while. Without that any strategy would have been pointless since Shana, Margery, and Carmel would have been too worn out to do anything but lose.

Good night Sabrac.

Well looks like things will go onto the relationship side before the series finishes. Though you just never know. Any point in the letter writing at least from Kazumi. She has spelled out pretty clearly how she feels about Yuji and nothing has happened.

Though looks like Shana has Alastor's blessing with any relationship with Yuji . And welcome back to the triple urusai .

Now if only I could undo clicking one spoiler several months ago. Then I could forget one bit about what's coming next...Can't remember a lecture from last year, but I can remember that. Stupid brain .
Old 2008-03-10, 19:22   Link #87
Tendou88

woohoo there it is !

The Triple URUSAI ! ! !

Nice episode overall.
I wonder who will confess first Shana or Yuji, or maybe they say it at same time ^^
Old 2008-03-10, 19:34   Link #88
Kiyoru

Wow.. that episode was AMAZING.

I don't know why, but the quality of the animation seemed a bit off in the last few minutes.. the characters just looked sort of odd, but maybe it's just me.

Anyone know how many episodes there will be for this season? 24 again?
Old 2008-03-10, 20:58   Link #89
_DaViD_
~(=ω=.)~

omg, badass shana killing sabrac + urusai !! = epic win
Old 2008-03-10, 21:51   Link #90
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Well, honestly, this season really tired me out of Shana, so to be honest, I don't want any more episodes. I'll be forced to watch it if they make any more, and I really don't want that.

But, I mean, it's not impossible to end it. Especially since from the preview it says that they will be making a confession letter next episode. Ending it is simple. Have them confess, Yuji picks Kazumi, Shana goes into a suicidal battle with Bal Masque and dies, but not before killing Bel Peol, Margery gets her final victory over the Silver, and Yuji kills Hecate. Happy end!
The last line...

It could be that Yuji tricks Hecate and Sydonay into a crossfire of sorts and they incidently kill each other while trying to get him. It isn't a happy end yet when Yuji still has to deal with Pheles's return should it happen, giving the kid a chance to fight like a maniac with the Blutsauger for his right to exist.

ANYWAYS...

Is it possible to lobby the J.C. Staff for an extension of this season?
Old 2008-03-10, 22:33   Link #91
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Now that you mention it, I really want to find out just what was so important as to conveniently remove Pheles from the action... >_>
Old 2008-03-10, 22:34   Link #92
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Episode was awesome, But too bad his coolness Sabrac was killed. I hoped he would have ran away, but heavily at damaged at the same time. Why do they have to kill off such a Wickedly epic character so fast *_*?

P.S. Ahh so frustrating. When Will we see Her mightyness , Pheles-dono.
Old 2008-03-10, 22:42   Link #93
Aquifina

I for one thought that this was a strong episode.

Shana chickening out on the confession was disappointing, even if I was amused by the return of her signature line. It seems that the confession *will* occur soon according to the preview, so that also makes her failure excusable. That *must* happen, though, in order to square with the near confession at the school festival. That brief moment of shyness was cute, but anything more will be stupid.

All that being said, I had to like Yuji's grinning like an idiot on the rooftop when she nearly tells him, but hesitates, and I think you can just tell he wants to hear the confession. There's also that telling moment when after talking about fighting together, he then singles out Shana. And he presses her on the issue at the end of the ep; good for him! The emotional knuckleheadedness of the Konoe arc seems to have vanished.

For me, these are still the outstanding issues for the season:

1. How will we resolve the love triangle? Will it even be resolved? I for one don't really know how the triangle will be dealt with. It's my assumption that must be *some* kind of resolution to the triangle; otherwise, I fear it'll feel even more dragged out than it did during the Konoe arc. But I'm open to waiting and seeing where the writers take us.

2. Related to the above, how exactly will Shana confess (assuming it happens, and it better happen--otherwise, I'll be scandalously disappointed)? This is a crucial scene, and I hope it'll be handled well.

3. I *still* think Konoe will be significant in the end; she will have *some* affect on Hecate. But what exactly, I don't know. IF this is handled well, it may very well redeem that horribly mishandled jealously arc from earlier this season.
Old 2008-03-10, 22:44   Link #94
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Now that you mention it, I really want to find out just what was so important as to conveniently remove Pheles from the action... >_>
Now that I think about it, my guess is that Pheles will return this season. All that angst over the hougu she gave Kazumi better have some kind of payoff. Unless there's definitely going to be a S3 in the works.
Old 2008-03-10, 22:50   Link #95
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think its 26 episodes... At least I hope its 26.

Anyway, finally got around to watching this episode, and I have to say it was amazing. Its been a continuous string of great episodes. And it looks like it won't let up till the end.

Kazumi needs to stop, she's so annoying... She knows full well that Yuji loves Shana and vice versa, she has absolutely no chance of winning, damn broad cant take no for an answer >_>...
Old 2008-03-10, 22:55   Link #96
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Maybe it is because he hasn't received a 'no' for an answer yet you know. If anyone is to blame it is Yuuji for being so vague with his feelings. So far he has only given Yoshida evasives and delays, so you can't really blame her for clinging to hope.

Last edited by Proto; 2008-03-10 at 23:26.
Old 2008-03-10, 23:09   Link #97
Major1138

That was pretty awesome. To be honest, as cool as it was to see Yuji snapping necks and throwing fireballs a couple episodes back, I liked him in this episode more. He's obviously not capable of fighting toe-to-toe like Shana is, but he makes up for it by being clever and aware of his surroundings. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's able to throw down if circumstances force him too.

I'm wondering where this is all going to go however - they've left a few major plot threads out there (Pheles and the thingy she gave Yoshida, what is the Bal Masque actually up to), and not many episodes left in which to resolve them. Assuming they even come remotely close to following the plot of the novels (which seems to be the case), I'm thinking Code Geass-style cliffhanger here. It'd be a shame if they tried to blitz it all in the remaining episodes.

An anime-original ending isn't out of the question either, but I'm hopeful they won't go too far down that road.
Old 2008-03-10, 23:16   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Maybe it is because he hasn't received a 'no' for an answer yet you know. If anyone is to blame it is Yuuji for being so vague with his feelings. So far he has only given Yoshida evasives and delays, so you can't really blame her for clinging to hope. Haven't you ever been in love yourself?
Good point there. I'm just surprised the guy has left this in the air for so long. Situation with Shana beside the point. Hasn't Yuji had more than enough time regardless of all the things that keep happening to decide how he feels in regards to Kazumi?

Just not doing her any favours by leaving it unanswered for so long. In the mean time her feelings will just get stronger and if he doesn't return those feelings will just cause her more pain. Admitting that I'm completely with Shana so just want him to cut that other thread asap .
Old 2008-03-10, 23:18   Link #99
vorpal83

I really hope Kazumi just uses the amulet and disappears. Problem solved.
Old 2008-03-10, 23:25   Link #100
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpal83 View Post
I really hope Kazumi just uses the amulet and disappears. Problem solved.
Ugh... in before further negative sentiments toward Kazumi (let's not let history of whatever episode discussion repeats itself in here, well, a precaution anyway)... But in any case, I still don't see how Kazumi has to disappear for the problem to be solved. Yuji could simply reject her (unless of course, she persisted even after that). I much rather prefer her to be rejected, but still alive and be with Ike instead, but given the zero development between them so far, that would be pretty awkward I suppose.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Closed Thread