AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-21, 13:11   Link #1
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Zero no Tsukaima Licensing Discussion

Geneon has announced the license for Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero) at Anime Boston 2007.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...anime-boston/2

As they claim it's a 13 episodes series, it would seem the license doesn't include the second season (due this fall). The license was previously hinted at by an accidental Diamond Distribution listing. While Geneon denied the accuracy of that listing, the fact that it did turn out to be true gives Maria-sama fans hope (Maria-sama ga Miteru was also listed in the same way).

As this series is a "MFI" series torrents were never listed on AnimeSuki, nor was it allowed to list download links in forum threads. This obviously continues now the series has been licensed.

MOD EDIT: The discussion for Sentai Filmworks licensing of Zero no Tsukaima f starts here.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-01-10 at 21:46.
Old 2007-04-21, 13:21   Link #2
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah, not much changed on getting to watch them. Am glad though they didn't grab the second season, heh.
Old 2007-04-26, 09:28   Link #3
Danny_river
Kanon Fotter!

I can only wonder who they're going to choose to do the voices.
Old 2007-05-04, 05:06   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Does the DVD version contain any different material than the version that aired on TV?
Old 2007-06-06, 01:07   Link #5
Zhemos

Anyone know the release date of the first DvD?
Old 2007-06-06, 04:01   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhemos View Post
Anyone know the release date of the first DvD?
No info yet. Check out AnimeOnDVD,either their forums or Upcoming Releases.

They might have some news if you search their forum. Familiar of Zero (aka Zero no Tsukaima) was listed in Diamond's Previews recently but it appears it was a mistake.
Old 2007-09-27, 12:53   Link #7
Zhemos

It doesn't look like we'll be seeing Zero no Tsukaima in North America for a while yet.
Geneon seems to have went under.
Old 2007-12-12, 20:09   Link #8
Kusion
*Fansubber

According to IGN, Geneon has "left the anime market" putting Zero no Tsukaima out of it's license, and up for grabs to any other company.

http://anime.ign.com/articles/834/834362p1.html

I don't know if it's true or not. Can it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by from IGN
In late September, Geneon Entertainment dropped a proverbial bomb on the American anime market. It announced that, essentially, it was leaving that market behind, ending its DVD sales and distribution business. No Geneon releases scheduled after November 6 will hit store shelves in the United States - for those keeping track, that was last Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by from IGN about Zero no Tsukaima
Zero no Tsukaima: Also known as The Familiar of Zero, this light, charming fantasy series is another license left adrift. Whether another company might grab it is an open question, but it's based on a proven formula - swords, sorcery, and a lot of bawdy humor. Fans of the original series, as well as the recent follow-up season, shouldn't feel too bad about keeping their hopes up.
Old 2007-12-12, 23:37   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusion View Post
According to IGN, Geneon has "left the anime market" putting Zero no Tsukaima out of it's license, and up for grabs to any other company. [...] I don't know if it's true or not. Can it be?
This has been discussed at length in its own thread, but the short answer is that Geneon stopped distributing anime (i.e. selling it to retailers/stores, who sell it to consumers), but so far they haven't stopped producing it (i.e. handing out contracts for translating, voice acting, etc.). We know that Zero no Tsukaima in particular is still being produced (as the person timing the official subtitles has posted here on AnimeSuki), but how and when it'll get distributed hasn't been announced yet.

So, it's still licensed, and it's still being worked on. That's all we know right now.
Old 2008-07-05, 13:50   Link #10
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Some of the voices has been revealed!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6660

You can hear a few clips of Zero no Tsukaima here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05785872&hl=en
Old 2008-07-05, 16:09   Link #11
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!... louise sounds terrible..... Im gonna cry...But that is good find.. kirche and wales are good....but Louise killed it for me
Old 2008-07-05, 16:56   Link #12
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Really? I didn't find anything wrong with Louise's voice.
Old 2008-07-05, 17:00   Link #13
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!... louise sounds terrible..... Im gonna cry...But that is good find.. kirche and wales are good....but Louise killed it for me
Kirche's English voice actor suits her.

Louise's voice actor is way off. It doesn't sound like a "wealthy-spoiled-brat".
Old 2008-07-05, 17:11   Link #14
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfinityZERO View Post
Kirche's English voice actor suits her.

Louise's voice actor is way off. It doesn't sound like a "wealthy-spoiled-brat".
Granted, its only one scene you see her in, and that scene's in the last episode of the first season anyway, so that's a poor time to judge a voice actor.
Old 2008-07-05, 18:02   Link #15
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Granted, its only one scene you see her in, and that scene's in the last episode of the first season anyway, so that's a poor time to judge a voice actor.
Sexy time is always a great way to judge.
Old 2008-07-05, 18:04   Link #16
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

well i guess i have to get use to it...but i think a more aggressive voice like ummm...Flay Allster (in her mean attitude) from gundam seed...Tabitha St. Germain does her...
Old 2008-07-05, 18:05   Link #17
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, all you can do is wait until the series is released. One scene isn't nearly enough to see how well Cristina Valenzuela will do as Louise.
Old 2008-07-05, 18:28   Link #18
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

god knows when that will be lol....but ill be first in line to buy it lol...but yea you're right...even if i dont like it i will watch it dubbed anyway cuz im lazy...BTW any ideas on how long they usually take for dubbing? it wont be till next year when this comes out? and i hope they have more then 2 episode on each dvd cuz i think in the japanese dvd they only had like 2 or 3 episodes for each dvd....but ill still buy it regardless so im just asking out of curiosity...

Oh maybe they will dub Season two...that would be nice...
Old 2008-07-06, 10:14   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
god knows when that will be lol....but ill be first in line to buy it lol...but yea you're right...even if i dont like it i will watch it dubbed anyway cuz im lazy...BTW any ideas on how long they usually take for dubbing? it wont be till next year when this comes out? and i hope they have more then 2 episode on each dvd cuz i think in the japanese dvd they only had like 2 or 3 episodes for each dvd....but ill still buy it regardless so im just asking out of curiosity...
It probably won't be all that long -- they've been working on the production over these last months (which is why you have voice clips now). I wouldn't be surprised to see it before the end of the year. And I assume there would probably be more like 3 or 4 episodes per DVD, as that is more the norm for the R1 market.
Old 2008-07-29, 18:07   Link #20
Abashi

How do I watch it? I searched for it on Netflix, but it was not there.