AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 15 20.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 35.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 9.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-10, 22:05   Link #181
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Loved this episode finally we getting somewhere in development : P

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Old 2009-03-10, 22:17   Link #182
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu-kun View Post
Loved this episode finally we getting somewhere in development : P
You said it I wonder what will happen next the preview for ep 10 didint really leave much of a picture except Layfon and Gorneo or the cat girl fighting.
Old 2009-03-10, 23:22   Link #183
boss
I am boss

Finally subs.

Damn... and before you know it the credits are rolling, i wish they made this an hour long or something
Old 2009-03-10, 23:36   Link #184
Hao

Really... how much money does a guy need to live in an orphanage!? He's a HB, the top dogs in military arts, shouldn't he have been flowing with money? There has to be a better reason than just that -o-

Well w/e maybe Fon-Fon is just a badass
+1 000 000 points!
Old 2009-03-10, 23:39   Link #185
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao View Post
Really... how much money does a guy need to live in an orphanage!? He's a HB, the top dogs in military arts, shouldn't he have been flowing with money? There has to be a better reason than just that -o-

Well w/e maybe Fon-Fon is just a badass
+1 000 000 points!
Heaven Bladers don't exactly make that much money. But exactly how much does he need? Hope they are clearer on that.
Old 2009-03-11, 00:13   Link #186
Traece
:cool:

This episode was interesting just for the development. I never thought much of Leerin before but I'm actually enjoying seeing her now oddly enough.

The high point of this episode though was obviously Felli. She's too adorable in this episode, getting some romantic time with her FonFon. Seems like she's coming to terms with her attraction to him. Even showing a hint of jealousy over the whole Leerin thing!

Edit: By the way, catgirl is a disgrace to kittens everywhere. I feel sorry for her companion. I'm not enjoying her, she's just too much of a moron. But we get some nice Felli moments from her!

Last edited by Traece; 2009-03-11 at 00:14. Reason: Monkey...
Old 2009-03-11, 00:51   Link #187
Clarste
Human

Obviously no one really cares about the fact that Layfon was fighting in an underground tournament, although it may have been technically illegal. Not even Gorneo, who hates him, cares about that part. That's not the important part, and the episode made that fairly clear.

The important part is that he attacked someone who would have revealed it, in a way that left a permanent disability. Rather than just being willing to break the law for survival (I'll just take his word for it that fighting in the tournament was the best option and that he needed the money for food or whatever), he's willing to kill his allies in order to survive (a candidate for Heaven's Blade Receiver is certainly a decently strong ally against the bugs). It's completely obvious why Nina can no longer trust him.

While it may seem obvious to us, the audience, that would never do that (presumably she's one of the people he would do anything to help survive, if anything), it's not obvious at all from her perspective. He's been uncooperative all this time, and to top it off has been hiding important details from her. She can't trust him, and now knowing that he basically has no morality whatsoever when pushed refuses to be on the same team as him. Which makes sense.
Old 2009-03-11, 01:00   Link #188
manga852

what details has he been hiding
Old 2009-03-11, 01:15   Link #189
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by manga852 View Post
what details has he been hiding
Well, everything? He's never told them anything, starting from episode 1. From his point of view its a past he wants to distance himself from, but from her point of view it looks like he doesn't trust her.
Old 2009-03-11, 01:18   Link #190
black_cat1

Fon Fon and her are not have any deep relationship to tell about secret with each other. So what the matter with it?
Old 2009-03-11, 01:20   Link #191
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Fon Fon and her are not have any deep relationship to tell about secret with each other. So what the matter with it?
Cause he's her teammate. They're entrusting their lives to each other. Hiding your power from your allies is... well... Anyway, that's exactly my point. They aren't in any deep relationship, so once she knows that he will do anything to survive and is willing to kill allies he's not particular close to, why would she want to be an ally that he's not particularly close to? She can't trust him, and has reason to believe that he's dangerous to people he doesn't trust.
Old 2009-03-11, 01:23   Link #192
black_cat1

Quote:
Cause he's her teammate. They're entrusting their lives to each other. Anyway, that's exactly my point. They aren't in any deep relationship, so once she knows that he will do anything to survive and is willing to kill allies he's not particular close to, why would she want to be an ally that he's not particularly close to? She can't trust him, and has reason to believe that he's dangerous to people he doesn't trust
Be a teammate doesnt mean u can have a right to know about another's secret. And Fon Fon tried to kill the bitch because he blackmailed Fon Fon to take the title HB, that bitch had never been Fon Fon ally, dont mistake.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:12   Link #193
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
a two person duo between him and feili would be enough.
I could go along with that. She's already proven to be a valuable ally in his fights(and I love their interactions ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Be a teammate doesnt mean u can have a right to know about another's secret. And Fon Fon tried to kill the bitch because he blackmailed Fon Fon to take the title HB, that bitch had never been Fon Fon ally, dont mistake.
+1. Just because they are teammates does not give Nina instant access to Layfon's past history. That's just not how things work.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:17   Link #194
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Whoa, so many posts already! Even though I'd watched it a day or so ago..-wry-

I wonder what was up with Shante going berserk...and yeah, that money thing made me go ._. Savaris is definitely cool, though.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:19   Link #195
justinstrife

On a side note, why oh why do people hide when they give negative rep points? It just shows how petty some people really are. Put your name out so I know who's disagreeing with me. And calling my one line about Nina's manipulation as unnecessary, especially when it's the truth, shows me you haven't been paying attention to the show.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:20   Link #196
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
+1. Just because they are teammates does not give Nina instant access to Layfon's past history. That's just not how things work.
I never said it did. I was talking about his skills. Which is obviously important to the team. That's important information.

The fact that he didn't share his past simply means that they're not very close. Which means that Nina can't trust him with her back, since he's explicitly said that he'll do anything to survive, including maiming his allies (they were on the same "team"... against the bugs. Remember the bugs? Maiming candidates for HB means he just took away a potentially significant fighter).
Old 2009-03-11, 02:30   Link #197
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I never said it did. I was talking about his skills. Which is obviously important to the team. That's important information.

The fact that he didn't share his past simply means that they're not very close. Which means that Nina can't trust him with her back, since he's explicitly said that he'll do anything to survive, including maiming his allies (they were on the same "team"... against the bugs. Remember the bugs? Maiming candidates for HB means he just took away a potentially significant fighter).
He's also proven with his actions that he's willing to defend others.

Examples being, the girl in episode 1, Nina in the first inter-platoon match, Nina against the larvae, goes outside without protection and kills the mother, and goes out by himself to take on the one maturing bug while the city was leaving him behind.

He's already proven not only his combat abilities, but his willingness to help others, even though it doesn't benefit him or his 'survival'. She hears what someone else who she doesn't know or fight alongside has to say, and automatically takes his side without pausing to think that MAYBE Layfon had a reason.

I'll say it again. She doesn't think they can be in the same platoon together? Fine. He'll be just fine without her and her spoiled views.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:32   Link #198
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
So what we've seen from the Heaven Blades so far:

- Layfon: willing to be 'evil' in order to make the people he cared 'happy', which in this case he considered in order to 'survive' and 'live' -> Participating in underground fights and intending to kill Gahard using a spar match as cover, violating the rules of Heaven Blades as bodyguards of the Queen.
- Savaris: Saw and thank himself for being strong, powerful, gifted Heaven Blade and and considers weaklings as 'ants', so it's perfectly okay to these 'ants' die because of their weakness, which includes his younger bro's 'mentor' in a cruel way.

Oh, Heaven Blades and their egos and rather twisted way of thinkings.

*waives Fon-fon x Felli flag*
Most people seem to ignore what was said by Gahard before Savaris killed him. Gahard was one of the 12 HB before Layfon defeated him and took his place as a HB then Layfon was 10.

With that you can conclude that Gahard wanted his place pack among the HB. Not to mention revenge on Layfon who to it from him. That Gahard choose the threaten to reveal the truth seems to be only half the mater. He probably wanted Layfon to lose that last match on purpose. Blackmail is a crime if you didn't know and people doesn't like cheaters ether. That criminal Gahard got what he deserved. Did you know that cutting of someones right hand is still used i some third world countries for stealing.

There is still no prof that Layfon tried to kill Gahard. Not even Gorneo belive that. Gorneo is angry that Layfon crippled his friend and is likely in denial, blaming everything on Layfon alone and ignoring his friends crimes.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:49   Link #199
panpo98
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
So what we've seen from the Heaven Blades so far:

- Layfon: willing to be 'evil' in order to make the people he cared 'happy', which in this case he considered in order to 'survive' and 'live' -> Participating in underground fights and intending to kill Gahard using a spar match as cover, violating the rules of Heaven Blades as bodyguards of the Queen.
- Savaris: Saw and thank himself for being strong, powerful, gifted Heaven Blade and and considers weaklings as 'ants', so it's perfectly okay to these 'ants' die because of their weakness, which includes his younger bro's 'mentor' in a cruel way.

Oh, Heaven Blades and their egos and rather twisted way of thinkings.

*waives Fon-fon x Felli flag*
Most people seem to ignore what was said by Gahard before Savaris killed him. Gahard was one of the 12 HB before Layfon defeated him and took his place as a HB then Layfon was 10.

With that you can conclude that Gahard wanted his place pack among the HB. Not to mention revenge on Layfon who to it from him. That Gahard choose the threaten to reveal the truth seems to be only half the mater. He probably wanted Layfon to lose that last match on purpose. Blackmail is a crime if you didn't know and people doesn't like cheaters ether. That criminal Gahard got what he deserved. Did you know that cutting of someones right hand is still used i some third world countries for stealing.

There is still no prof that Layfon tried to kill Gahard. Not even Gorneo belive that. Gorneo is angry that Layfon crippled his friend and is likely in denial, blaming everything on Layfon alone and ignoring his friends crimes.

Nian, what can I say about her. You want to kick Layfon out. Go ahead. Layfon never wanted to be in your platoon. He will still be a military artist like the president wanted and he can still protect Zuellni with Felli. Neither of them cares if Nina kicks them out. The president will probably say that he disband her platoon while she is at it. Besides, Nina is not better morally than Layfon. Look what she was willing to sacrifices to win = protect Zuellni. She think it is OK if every single Military artist around her dies as long as she win (bug invasion episode). She sure wasn't giving them any strategy to fight the bugs beyond trowing themselves in the bus mouths. Her thinking it is just as bad as she think about Layfon's.

Something nice about Nina. She is right that there should be limits to what you are willing to do. But I am sure that she still hasn't got the whole picture. Layfon sure isn't in any hurry to clear up any misunderstanding that Nina have. What he thinks doesn't seem to be the same think as what he say to Nina (not the whole truth anyway). Using word that make it sound worse possible. It cause Nina to constantly to jump to conclusion over and over again so far. I'm sure the will change her mind again in the next episode.

Last edited by panpo98; 2009-03-11 at 03:08.
Old 2009-03-11, 03:00   Link #200
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
He's also proven with his actions that he's willing to defend others.

Examples being, the girl in episode 1, Nina in the first inter-platoon match, Nina against the larvae, goes outside without protection and kills the mother, and goes out by himself to take on the one maturing bug while the city was leaving him behind.

He's already proven not only his combat abilities, but his willingness to help others, even though it doesn't benefit him or his 'survival'. She hears what someone else who she doesn't know or fight alongside has to say, and automatically takes his side without pausing to think that MAYBE Layfon had a reason.

I'll say it again. She doesn't think they can be in the same platoon together? Fine. He'll be just fine without her and her spoiled views.
Only the last example really proves anything, because all the others came at no cost to his own survival. You could argue that that example alone is enough to make Nina look foolish, and I wouldn't disagree.

However, I do disagree that she overreacted to Gorneo. After that conversion, she went and talked to Layfon directly before deciding anything. Upon hearing his philosophy, she made a logical decision (although ignored some evidence that might have been relevant). The point is that she talked to him. She didn't make assumptions about him, she talked to him. I'm not even sure she cares about his past, only about his philosophy, which she specifically did not deny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panpo98 View Post

As a former HB, Gahard is a valuable fighter. Even if he's below actual HB level, he's still someone who'd be helpful against the bugs. Taking away his fighting ability for personal reasons is equivalent for treason against the city, and doing so for money even moreso. If he came clean he could have resolved the issue officially and left Grendan's fighting power intact. He chose to take the matter into his own hands for purely selfish reasons.

I'm not saying he's a horrible person, but given that history its easy to see why people wouldn't trust him. He simply values himself (and those close to him) more than others. If you're not sure whether or not you're "close to him" he's a liability if the situation ever gets rough. Apparently he's starting to take the city of Zuellni under his wing of "things to protect" but the only person who knows that for sure is Felli.
Closed Thread