AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-09, 00:25   Link #481
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

I'd highly doubt that it was a vessel or a sea installation as the JSDF would've been able to easily pinpoint the area from where the missiles were fired (especially as we're talking of a missile fired ON A PLANE RIGHT ABOVE TOKYO... although why they just didn't blow up the plane in two was a good question *nvm... I think I know why*).

Unless EU itself has infiltrated the JSDF... which would be... well, would make more sense. :P
Old 2011-06-09, 00:33   Link #482
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Any missile fired from either ground or sea towards an air target is a Surface to Air Missile, aka SAM, regardless of launch platform. The surface can either be solid ground, or the liquid sea.

Can you elaborate further as to the information? Was it from a military vessel? Was it from a boat with a couple of guys packing Stingers or other IR guided man-portable SAMs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
I'd highly doubt that it was a vessel or a sea installation as the JSDF would've been able to easily pinpoint the area from where the missiles were fired (especially as we're talking of a missile fired ON A PLANE RIGHT ABOVE TOKYO... although why they just didn't blow up the plane in two was a good question *nvm... I think I know why*).

Unless EU itself has infiltrated the JSDF... which would be... well, would make more sense. :P
It's actually kinda of a spoiler Kinji and the others didn't know what it was until end of Vol 4.

The missiles were fired from a certain colossal nuclear submarine that had gone missing in 1979...
Old 2011-06-09, 00:39   Link #483
Terminator98
*Author

ah, so it was the submarine...

Well, I was already spoiled about the fact that EU had it.
Old 2011-06-09, 01:08   Link #484
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

No search and targeting radars detected means that the launch platform fired infrared-guided missiles, a fact borne out by the fact that the two missile that hit went for the engines.

Again, I was thinking of a couple of guys on a small boat with Stingers - fire, toss the Stingers overboard, that's the end of the story.

I've heard that the Kilo-class SSKs that the russians are exporting have facilities for storing SAMs so that the sub can defend itself against ASW helos.

As for infiltrating the JSDF, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-09, 06:45   Link #485
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Character Sheet for: Hisako "Lucy" Amaterasu

Comments welcomed as always.
As yes, the leading lady of Jim Bean: Menage a Trois.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Swap the SG550 with a bigger gun? I think with a 5.56 round it wouldn't have an effective range of more than 500m. HK417 using a 7.62 round with a 16" barrel should fit her size.

Then again, she is doing snipe elective, so her weapon doesn't have to be that fat.
Yeah, Ookami uses the SG550 as more of a extended range assault engagement option rather than a full sniping device. Besides... she still sucks at aiming. Gertrude is still practicing with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"Urusai! Baka! Shinde! I-I don't care about love! L-Love is R-R-Rubbish! I don't have anyone I l-l-l-like! Hontoni hontoni honto!"
Nemo: ABUSE ME MORE!

Quote:
So.... How is this 2D wives money of his dirty? Is he working part time for the Drug Cartels? Freelance Mercenary? Taking corporate bribes ?
That's the thing. He's Captain Nemo. Where the hell does his money come from? Most people say its black money, but he insists its all from smart investing...

Quote:
Mah~ It's not really the entire school... >.>
Quote:
Yes well, considering that everybody's crossdressing these days, I think it's fair to say that it's more unique to want to stand out in an All-Girls school. WHich is pure torture if you think about it- The worst form of psychological torture for a teenage guy is to be surrounded by packs of girls giggling and whispering and pointing behind your back, and you have absolutely no idea what they're talking about...

...Yeah, pure hell...

(For all intend and purposes, Ichika tried to 'fit in')

It all depends on what you need to do. Bean... needed to be discreet. >.>

Quote:
Bah! If I never brought it up you two would never ever hear about otoboku forever again
That's true. I have problems with using them as OCs.

Quote:
...What the Fractale? Nyan was a trap? How did you mistaken Nyan for a girl ? I mean if it's Keroko I would understand but Nyan ?
Quote:
I remember the day I told Keroko that I tend to forget that he's not a girl; I've never seen him so happy before...

Oh wait, so it's Funyan and not Nya~n ?!

What is this off topic confusion like the old days !?!
You're just confused yourself.

Quote:
Nay, it was mentioned that they were hit by a Surface-to-Air missile from sea... Which would technically make it a Ship-to-Air missile I think.
Ah forgot to factor that.

Quote:
The missiles were fired from a certain colossal nuclear submarine that had gone missing in 1979...
Now here's the next funny thing. I can't locate a single reference to a Super Aqua-class Soviet boomer on the internet. No such reporting name exists...

Did he pull this one out of his ass, or does the Vostok exist in some war novel I haven't read?

Interesting that subs will be featured in Aria V4... By my timeline, V4 is when the Nautilus IV is launched.
Old 2011-06-09, 06:56   Link #486
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo
ABUSE ME MORE!
Člise: A bit of sadism is in the blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorique de Blois, 1924
Seeing you huffing and puffing in agony, your out-of-shape thighs straining as you plod up and down the stairs for me... is one of my great pleasures!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-06-09, 07:09   Link #487
Terminator98
*Author

@Meister:

The only possible submarine that Sherlock might've stolen is THIS ONE:

Spoiler for K-27 Nuclear Sub:

We could always imagine that it was never scuttled... and instead EU got its hands on it.
Also, funnily enough, Vostok is the name of a Russian watch brand that names its watches after Soviet Nuclear Submarines.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:05   Link #488
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Člise: A bit of sadism is in the blood.
Jim: It's not just in the blood, its in neon lights emblazoned over that tasty chest of yours.

Don't you just love a bit of office politik.

Quote:
@Meister:

The only possible submarine that Sherlock might've stolen is THIS ONE:

Spoiler for K-27 Nuclear Sub:

We could always imagine that it was never scuttled... and instead EU got its hands on it.

Also, funnily enough, Vostok is the name of a Russian watch brand that names its watches after Soviet Nuclear Submarines.
Sherlock? You guys are making it sound like Professor Moriarty and Holmes are the same person.

K-27 was the only one consistent to surface in all my searches too. Been looking for specs and schematics to look at and visualize. But from the looks of things, the 1st Nautilus (Verne) outmatches the K-27, except that it doesn't have torpedo tubes.

Vostok. I know that too, used that as a name of an OC for Valkyria Chronicles; I used watchmakers as a theme. Trying to piece together the historical significance was even harder. I for a moment thought that it might even be the Red October.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:08   Link #489
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They had me fooled too; I assumed the Vostok was an actual submarine that the Author researched up- Until I've tried to wiki it myself and came up with only the name of a watchmaker and a Soviet shipyard used to build cold war subs.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:09   Link #490
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Sherlock? You guys are making it sound like Professor Moriarty and Holmes are the same person.

:
you could, you know, start reading the light novels.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:46   Link #491
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
you could, you know, start reading the light novels.
Okay now this is giving me the creeps. Because I had imagined Holmes must be some kind of Dr Who before reading...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-06-09 at 08:59.
Old 2011-06-09, 09:13   Link #492
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Read first, and then understand why you are getting the flak.
Old 2011-06-09, 09:15   Link #493
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The more I've read, the more tamer my conjurations seem though.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:14   Link #494
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Yeah, Ookami uses the SG550 as more of a extended range assault engagement option rather than a full sniping device. Besides... she still sucks at aiming. Gertrude is still practicing with her.
Then she needs a bullpup rifle, like a Kel-Tec RFB or a Tavor if she is doing the sharpshooter role. Bullpups are easier to aim, but bulkier and harder to reload.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:24   Link #495
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
And as I am importing my character profiles to googledocs, I realized I did not give them birthdays so I check astrological signs to see what they possibly could be, and it also helps to adjust the description of their personalities and give them flaws I have not thought of.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:57   Link #496
Terminator98
*Author

BIRTHDAYS ARE RESERVED FOR PLOT!

Like when the harem wants to fight over the main guy... or the main guy and the main girl get to have a romantic time...

That's what birthdays are for. Unless you're char is also a super magic being with a screwed destiny where he'll get killed or on the contrary, elevated to a higher plane of power on his "xx"th birthday whatever...

YES!
Old 2011-06-09, 13:21   Link #497
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

So...I've lurked around for a while, posting every now and then. But it's time I posted an OC (first of a handful of underdogs)

Though, due to unforseen circumstances, my powers (read: scanning my drawings) have been sealed.
So, I have no choice but to resort to my hidden abilities

Enough glorification, here's the first...

Spoiler for the cowardly kunoichi:

That's it for now, I'll see if I can post the others soon.
About 3 or 4 of them are male, and I'll probably be using pictures for their portraits...sprite manipulation takes quite some time to complete
Old 2011-06-09, 13:36   Link #498
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
So...I've lurked around for a while, posting every now and then. But it's time I posted an OC (first of a handful of underdogs)

Though, due to unforseen circumstances, my powers (read: scanning my drawings) have been sealed.

About 3 or 4 of them are male, and I'll probably be using pictures for their portraits...sprite manipulation takes quite some time to complete
I have but one word.

ALLELUJAH/HALLELUJAH!!!! (that's two? Not sure...)

But yes... might have a use for her...
Though I think that every Butei needs a gun at least on her... You should get one for your ninja, even though it might not be of much use (or it might just be of better use than damn throwing stars... Ninjas of nowdays use swords AND guns)

------------------

OK, NEW OC PROFILE REMADE ALONGSIDE WITH A MOE PIC!

Yamato V.H. Alexandra (Repier/Inquesta)

That's added to my two other OCs:

Yamato Kyousuke (Assault)

Hisako "Lucy" Amaterasu (SSR/CVR)

Next to come:

Miyamoto Yui (Connect)

And yes, I got so dragged into shopping that I made an entire wallpaper to keep me inspired while I gaze at my computer for the writing and all...

Spoiler for Wallpaper: Kyousuke and his Harem:
Old 2011-06-09, 18:49   Link #499
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
And as I am importing my character profiles to googledocs, I realized I did not give them birthdays so I check astrological signs to see what they possibly could be, and it also helps to adjust the description of their personalities and give them flaws I have not thought of.
Enough developer hell for me; I go by character setup. And with so many public characters I can technically 'run solo' then recruit the rest from everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Then she needs a bullpup rifle, like a Kel-Tec RFB or a Tavor if she is doing the sharpshooter role. Bullpups are easier to aim, but bulkier and harder to reload.
Styr AUG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Ah, Yanko has a friend to keep her company in the shadows (when they're both terrified of a roach)

Manami: Isn't that the big monstrous creature that digs itself underground, regenerates quickly and spits acid?
Jim: ...is that a roach from outer space?
Old 2011-06-09, 20:48   Link #500
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

It all depends on what you need to do. Bean... needed to be discreet. >.>

Arisato: "You might as well come clean; Remember the Russian wet work team that got sold out? Well that's the kind of secret that stays a secret because if it got out, people get sent to Siberia; Your secret will get out after a pillow fight sleepover."

Quote:
Now here's the next funny thing. I can't locate a single reference to a Super Aqua-class Soviet boomer on the internet. No such reporting name exists...

Did he pull this one out of his ass, or does the Vostok exist in some war novel I haven't read?

It's not impossible; reading up to volume 6, the Author refers to a ton of American movies, everything from John Wayne classics, to 'Pretty Woman'

Are the Japanese that familiar with American movies ?
Closed Thread