AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Favorite Main Character Poll
Tainaka Ritsu 9 16.67%
Hirasawa Yui 17 31.48%
Akiyama Mio 19 35.19%
Nakano Azusa 5 9.26%
Kotobuki Tsumugi 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-26, 22:18   Link #41
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I've said this before, but don't take polls too seriously or personally. I mean, regardless of the results, your opinions aren't going to change, right?

If anyone should be complaining, it should be me since my favorite is the one who has the fewest votes.

But in all seriousness, it doesn't bother me that she's last because regardless of what others, she's still the most charming character to me (not that the other girls aren't appealing).
Very true, man. that's exactly what I feel too.

What surprises me is Azusa's, though. I expected her to be close to Yui and Mio's result.
Old 2011-10-27, 05:13   Link #42
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

^because azusa was abandoned. the votes that were actually for her were given to yui so just to get close to mio.
Old 2011-10-27, 10:30   Link #43
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It would be clearer if it was a closed poll.
Old 2011-10-27, 11:40   Link #44
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
^because azusa was abandoned. the votes that were actually for her were given to yui so just to get close to mio.
Dude, stop being such a bad sport. If you hadn't noticed, Mio's position here has been quite strong for a very long time. Take a look at this:

First season poll #1: Mio (more than twice as much votes as Yui)

First season poll #2: Mio (still far in the lead, but Yui is closing in)

Second season poll #1: Azusa (and the rest were pretty close calls)

Current poll: Mio

We know the third poll had issues with troll votes (though they were dealt with and the poll adjusted), but all the others look legit to me. And only in that same poll did Mio lose to Yui (though only by one vote), so I'd say the Yui-fans have more to complain about than you do.

The only times Yui truly won was in more official polls, like this one from NewType.

So, are you going to tell me now that all the K-ON! polls (both official and unofficial) were rigged?
Old 2011-10-27, 19:32   Link #45
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

^lol i never said that. my point was, azusa could've had a lot more votes than that.

and who's complainin' about the poll again? it's not me. i was merely defending how stupid it was to downplay mio just because they want to. she's so uninteresting blahblahblah...
Old 2011-10-28, 03:07   Link #46
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
^lol i never said that. my point was, azusa could've had a lot more votes than that.
You make a baseless claim about Azusa losing to Yui, which gives me the impression that you're sore about Yui getting so many votes still, implying that you think she deserves far less. And with your rant about how Mio's good qualities are so overlooked ([mostly] by those who support Yui), you're not exactly giving of a good impression.
Old 2011-10-28, 05:10   Link #47
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

-facepalm-

ok, if you read my post, i was just defending mio about the claim that she's so uninteresting given it's so clear as day that she has many interesting traits O_o is there something wrong with that?

azusa during this point,i still think should have more votes than that. i wouldn't want to pinpoint,but i recall someone giving his vote to yui albeit he likes azusa more.
Old 2011-10-28, 09:21   Link #48
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

haha. i was gonna vote, but it seems that the polls are closed... hmmmm, why does this always happen? (don't answer that).

i don't really dig there internet polls, or local polls or elections for that matter. and when i do, i either vote for the very first name that comes to mind, or don't vote at all (again, stating the reason above).

but if i were to vote, now, i would go for probably Mugi. (actually thought about this long and hard). i mean, i can see myself in her, a character who doesn't get much of the spotlight, but is always there for the group. (and i also wanna be rich)

come to think of it, i just started liking Mugi after her spotlight ep in S2. (ep 13?). and just recently realized that she really has a freakin' awesome voice, the reason why i like her songs (like her character image songs, which for my opinion, was better that her last one, and better than others. heck, my recent guitar cover was "Honey Sweet Teatime", which made me appreciate her more). well, at least that's my opinion, even if no one really asked about it...

(this poll was not created to see which character is the best, nor to compare one character to the rest. i believe this is created for the better appreciation of k-on) i mean, that is only my opinion. i respect your own

btw, why are there so little votes? and why are the polls already closed man?
Old 2011-10-28, 16:05   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
One thing I found interesting is that you had two or three cases where people have an avatar of one K-On girl, but voted for a different K-On girl in this poll. I wonder what that might mean? Is it that they find the K-On girl in their avatar more physically attractive, but prefer the K-On girl they voted for overall? Is it that they find that the K-On girl in their avatar is the one that best represents the anime as a whole, but there's a different K-On girl they they like most overall? Is it something else?

It's certainly interesting, imo.
Old 2011-10-28, 16:43   Link #50
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I've added a time limit to the poll, thus it will close on 2011-10-13 at 12:53.

One month? That's a pretty short time limit. >_>

If I'd come here two weeks ago, I would have voted for Azusa and Yui. I like both Mio and Ritsu a lot also, Mio moreso than Ritsu. Tsumugi grew on me a lot during the second season, particularly after she got her spotlight episode in 14 (I was more indifferent to her during the first), but she's still probably my least favorite of the group.
Old 2011-10-28, 19:09   Link #51
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
btw, why are there so little votes? and why are the polls already closed man?
Because this poll was strictly for the main characters only, and also only 1 vote was allowed (different from previous polls where we could pick 3 characters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One thing I found interesting is that you had two or three cases where people have an avatar of one K-On girl, but voted for a different K-On girl in this poll. I wonder what that might mean? Is it that they find the K-On girl in their avatar more physically attractive, but prefer the K-On girl they voted for overall? Is it that they find that the K-On girl in their avatar is the one that best represents the anime as a whole, but there's a different K-On girl they they like most overall? Is it something else?

Well, I think there are many things contributing to this. That reason you wrote is one of them IMO what we like isn't necessarily the "best" (in terms of certain quality) one. For example, my favorite is Mugi, but of course, I think it's Yui who represents the series best and is the most talented one and if I'm asked who is the most likeable, I'll go for Azusa

Another reason is that ava n sig doesn't really represent our preferences IMO. There are people who just like to change their ava n sig whenever they find a good picture, regardless the character , there are also some of them who only uses their favorite characters for their ava n sig (not always their most favorite, sometimes their 2nd favorite, their 3rd, or even a group picture).

Last edited by Ryonea; 2011-10-29 at 00:52.
Old 2011-10-28, 19:13   Link #52
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well only 54 responces, where the other polls wer multiple choice...adn closer to the actual airing of the show. Come December thing will pick up again.
Old 2011-10-29, 00:48   Link #53
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:

there's certainly nothing weird about that. yes, i have a Yui avatar, and yes, i would vote for Mugi in this poll (if i can anyways). i don't find it weird. in my case, i have a Yui avatar because i'm a regular at the tabs and sheet music thread, and i play the guitar. this made me choose between Yui and Azusa as my avatar pics. well, picking Azusa makes me squeamish, because she is a really awesome guitarist (which i am not). so, Yui it is. she's a guitarist, a hard-worker (sometimes), and downright adorable. and i really like Yui's personality, being one of my favorites.

but the reason i chose Mugi as my fav is because i haven't expected myself to like her personality this much. because way back in s1, it was like, "Uhmmm, Mugi? well, she's okay i guess". if there was a poll back in Season 1, i would probably vote for either Yui or Mio. but it changed in S2, as i see more of myself in her... again, the reason i posted above in my previous post...
Old 2011-11-01, 00:15   Link #54
trenton_dawn
Silt

Mugi used to be my least favorite of the main 5 since she's kinda strange and never seemed as close to the others, so it felt like we didn't know her that well. But over time she's grown on me, especially once I went back and watched the show through again.

In any case my choice of Yui for avatar is mostly because this image was already square so I just shrunk it down and used it. Maybe I'll switch, that would probably be fun.
Old 2011-11-15, 01:38   Link #55
kaitok
Inspired Musician

why is this poll locked? I wanna vote for RITSU!!!!!!
Old 2011-11-22, 05:36   Link #56
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Newtype December 2011 Poll Ranking

Old 2011-11-22, 11:40   Link #57
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Newtype December 2011 Poll Ranking

4 K-On girls in the Top 10... that's pretty darn impressive.

Oddly enough, I don't even recognize the girl in the No. 4 slot. My tentative guess is that she's a major female character in an anime movie that just came out, and which I have yet to see.

Blood-C's Saya continuing to be so high is interesting.

Anyway, big congrats to the top girl Yui! Pretty amazing she's even holding off Saber during the heights of Fate/Zero hype.
Old 2011-11-22, 12:50   Link #58
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Oddly enough, I don't even recognize the girl in the No. 4 slot. My tentative guess is that she's a major female character in an anime movie that just came out, and which I have yet to see.
Moriyama Shiemi from Ao no Exorcist.

As for this poll: it's clear the K-ON! movie is coming soon. I don't see any other reason as to why the girls are dominating again, let alone four of them.
Old 2011-11-22, 23:25   Link #59
kaitok
Inspired Musician

i feel sad for mugi.. honestly. but hell yeah! RITSU!! <3
Old 2011-11-24, 01:23   Link #60
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Mugi is always left alone T__T
Closed Thread