AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2011-02-15, 01:46   Link #501
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Did you copy the rest of the PD files over to the new drive along with the unity folder? Not sure if that should actually matter, but I've moved PD around several times by copying the entire program's folder to a new drive and updating the paths in the settings, and it's always recognized the unity cache fine.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 06:08   Link #502
arcademaster

I'm new to Perfect Dark (trying to find some R2 ISOs of older shows, looks like PD is better for newest stuff, but I've tried all other "channels" except Winny) and I read the entire thread here and it was extremely helpful.

There is only one thing left that I don't fully understand, and that's the search engine. Maybe some of the more experienced users here can clear this up for me.

So at first I tried searching like I would on a internet site. I entered the name of the show I was looking for directly and clicked on Add. The root of the search tree labelled "keyword search" would go up to ~32k entries after a while, clicking on it would reveal tons of totally random files. The branch with the search term might get a few hits.

Then I tried the advanced search. The box gives a message about "Keyword" search being more efficient than advanced search. Funny thing is: the terms I entered in the Advance search menu appear as 'keyword "xyz"' in the search tree then... shoddy translation?
What exactly does this search through? Keywords only, or filenames too?
These searches go up to 1000 hits then stay there. Interestingly, doing such a search increases the root keyword search count beyond 32k.

More confusion: If I do another advanced search under a previous advanced search branch it'll create a new branch. Seems logical to me that it searches through the previous 1000 hits and refines them. Though it seems it also turns up completely new hits that weren't included in the parent's 1000.

Can someone give me an overview on how this searching works exactly? An example would be nice, how would you look for a DVD ISO of a specific anime?
arcademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 10:40   Link #503
HymnToLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
What exactly does this search through? Keywords only, or filenames too?
Filenames too.

Quote:
These searches go up to 1000 hits then stay there. Interestingly, doing such a search increases the root keyword search count beyond 32k.
Yes, I think it can't go higher than 1000. Just add more keywords, like "nameofshow iso" or something. That should weed out all the AVI crap.

Quote:
Can someone give me an overview on how this searching works exactly? An example would be nice, how would you look for a DVD ISO of a specific anime?
Not sure either how it works exactly (and don't really care either). When looking for an ISO of a show, I just put what I said above in the bow : "nameofshow iso", without quotes and nameofshow in wapanese, of course.
HymnToLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 06:21   Link #504
kerai88

Hi, I've been trying to use the filter commands "AND OR NOT" in Perfect Dark but I can't make them work (I just need to use the "NOT" command). Does anyone have any clue about how it works?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Problem solved

Last edited by kerai88; 2011-02-27 at 06:37.
kerai88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:04   Link #505
Odracoon

Hey guys. I kind of got a problem with PD. I downloaded it sometime ago and started running it. But I never got to download anything. My Unity size will never go up to 2gb. Actually it never reaches 20 mb. Its on 15 mb for ages now :|
I know I got a very crappy internet. (2MB/300KB). But in the time PD got to 15 mb, and stayed there for weeks. I downloaded Hunterxhunter, 30 episodes of One Piece and about 40 of Naruto Shippuden. Besides, it shows clearly that I "Received" 300,000,000 bytes(Thats 300mb, right?) but where the hell did all this stuff go? And sent back about 200,000,000 bytes. Today I restarted PD and both TOTAL SENT and RECEIVED are set to ZERO. Unity size is still 15mb. Help?
Odracoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:46   Link #506
jpwong

Total sent an received is a session value, if you restart they go back to 0 since you restarted a new session of PD
Old 2011-03-24, 20:01   Link #507
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odracoon
(2MB/300KB)
Do you mean mega/kilobyte per second or mega/kilobit per second?

Big "B" is usually reserved for byte, and 2MB (download?) / 300 KB (upload?) is more than enough to use PD effectively. However if you mean "bit" than you may have connectivity problems with upload. However, you will still be able to download. 100 KiloBYTE both up and down are recommended for PD. P2P Share requires much less bandwidth to operate properly if you want people can download from you properly.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:23   Link #508
Odracoon

Sorry, I meant BITs. Or 200/30 kiloBYTE per second.

Screenshot
Old 2011-03-25, 13:33   Link #509
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odracoon
Sorry, I meant BITs. Or 200/30 kiloBYTE per second.
30 Kilobyte per second is tough even for Share. A 50 (100) Kilobyte per second upload is minimum settable value for Share (Perfect Dark). Downloading from PD and Share would not be a problem, but you basically will be unable to upload to other users.

I hate to say this, but asymmetric speed with yucky upload is quite typical in US. To be effectively upload with PD, you will have to go Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-verse (if those choices are even available to you).
Old 2011-03-25, 15:19   Link #510
Odracoon

I live in brazil btw. But look at this:
Total receive: 400,000,000.
Unity size: 22MB.
Where is all this data going to??? Is there some sort of black hole in perfect dark sucking my unity?
Maybe this is related:
Connection success 6500, failed 6000.
Darn you PD. Stop failing me >_>
Old 2011-03-25, 15:41   Link #511
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

PD downloads chucks and bits of other people stuff into Unity. Those chucks and bits can then be uploaded to other users.

However, your bandwidth statistics not only counts what you downloaded or uploaded, bandwidth used to search, query, and (failed) ATTEMPTS to connect other users counts are added as well. Just because the number says X amount kilobyte transferred, NOT all of that is actual P2P data transfer.

Unless there is a specific reason, I strongly advice against using PD at your low upload speed. I cannot upload effectively with PD from my home too, and my upload speed is about 2x of yours.

Your maximum upload speed is lower than the number you can set for Share. However, I think you may be able to try Share.
Old 2012-01-09, 18:20   Link #512
Kaolin

Hate to necro'ing this topic but I wanted to aks you guys if PD, Share and Winny (2b7x) are still the only Japanese P2P out there. And out of interest: Does PD still have the smallest community?l

Last edited by Kaolin; 2012-01-10 at 15:11.
Kaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 13:03   Link #513
Homura7

Quick question. How much unity size you need before files download fastly? I'm already beyond the 2gs that are required
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 15:10   Link #514
Kaolin

^ I think it's something between 2-4 GB.
Old 2012-02-02, 16:03   Link #515
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
^ I think it's something between 2-4 GB.
Usually the default size is enough already, but as you say more does not hurt. It is important to remember, it is impossible to download unless you are able to contribute to other PD users - that is either you have uploaded files of your own, or your cache has downloaded enough bits from others to re-upload to others.

If you going to upload something yourself, make sure you know how to tag your files. Try not to upload rubbish at all as PD has file rating system - junk = file got nuked to oblivion /or/ no one will download = you cannot download anyway as no one is downloading the rubbish you upload.
Old 2012-02-13, 17:53   Link #516
Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaolin View Post
Hate to necro'ing this topic but I wanted to aks you guys if PD, Share and Winny (2b7x) are still the only Japanese P2P out there. And out of interest: Does PD still have the smallest community?l
Don't know about the first question, but to answer your last question check http://forensic.netagent.co.jp/pd_chosa.html
Translation and discussion about the site here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=48024&page=17 (scroll down a bit)
So yes, it still has, or atleast it did at the beginning of last year. It always seems to me that japanese are slow to adopt new programs.

BTW, how much do you guys think that Perfect Dark has actually been cracked? Do japanese users get any cover from using it?

Last edited by Puppet; 2012-02-14 at 06:17.
Puppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 15:30   Link #517
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Made the decision to get PD since I wanted to get something from the net... And I'm a newbie here, so bear with me.

So far, don't have an open port to use and I have 11 nodes uploaded. Did I forget to do something else?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 01:08   Link #518
Kaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet View Post
Don't know about the first question, but to answer your last question check http://forensic.netagent.co.jp/pd_chosa.html
Translation and discussion about the site here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=48024&page=17 (scroll down a bit)
So yes, it still has, or atleast it did at the beginning of last year. It always seems to me that japanese are slow to adopt new programs.
Oh, wow thank you for that link. But man, I didn't think Winny was still that popular. :O
Old 2012-05-18, 11:11   Link #519
lunski

Is it normal for downloads to take forever?
I opened a port, added nodes from p2psoft, have around 5GB of unity. I've been downloading something since the 11th and it's only at 12.4%.
lunski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 13:33   Link #520
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunski View Post
Is it normal for downloads to take forever?
I opened a port, added nodes from p2psoft, have around 5GB of unity. I've been downloading something since the 11th and it's only at 12.4%.
If your internet connection is lower in speed than others, users with higher connection speeds will have priority.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark