AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-01-18, 11:41   Link #1281
Hidfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
What? I seriously must have missed somthing. Jinbei seems to be quite honorful so this would seem a bit out of character. Is this just speculation, or was this actually in the manga?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I figured he would do something related to Big Mom, but join her? Are you sure?
Well joined may be the false word. The sun pirates however do work for Big Mom.
Here is the scene in the Manga:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/122042/...by_mangarule/3
Hidfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 01:28   Link #1282
Captian Dracoqueen
One piece

Lightbulb I got idea future story is one piece for level 3 super powers.

Luffy meet captian Draco queen and crews had some devils fruit and dragon fruits. Captian Draco queen and vice captian Draco king talk to luffy. The big shuttle with ship mean flying and ocean. The sunny ship info the big shuttle. I got idea. Luffy have Gomo Gomo fruit and ace s power is fire devil fruit. Captian Draco queen secret top is anti weakness with sea ocean from devil fruit. Forever power of thing and work swimming. And new mark for color very power of levels to luffy and crews surprised. The flag is Draco comet. It's appear of spying with writes history books for pirate king is roger. The Draco comets crews invisible found happening island. Captian Draco queen did writes book about history is straw hats. Please... This likes???
Captian Dracoqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 11:27   Link #1283
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidfe View Post
Well joined may be the false word. The sun pirates however do work for Big Mom.
Here is the scene in the Manga:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/122042/...by_mangarule/3
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying that!
Old 2014-01-19, 23:42   Link #1284
malfice21

One Piece for the win especially Luffy my idol one piece backgrounds

Last edited by malfice21; 2014-01-31 at 11:38.
malfice21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 19:38   Link #1285
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I quit reading One Piece a while back to save up on Anime material, the last stop was during the arc where Luffy was wearing a disguised and participating in the tournament.

Which episode is this? Thanks a bunch!
Old 2014-01-28, 19:52   Link #1286
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I quit reading One Piece a while back to save up on Anime material, the last stop was during the arc where Luffy was wearing a disguised and participating in the tournament.

Which episode is this? Thanks a bunch!

You... uh... haven't missed much actually. The manga is still covering the arc, it started around Chapter 700... and the anime literally just hit the arc, and that's about episode 630...
Old 2014-05-10, 13:29   Link #1287
Mister Twit

Okay, I have a question about the CP9 battle arc. I only saw the anime so maybe this was explained or fixed in the manga.

First, Nami beat Kalifa in the upper part of the tower, right? Since Nami had to go upstairs to get there after finding Sanji, and Chopper and Franky both had to climb up the outside to get there. But then later, Kaku is fighting Zoro on the lower level and he slices the tower in half, causing the upper part to fall into the sea.

So my question is if CP9 supposedly all survived that battle, how in particular is Kalifa still alive after that? Nobody moved her from that place, and later she's still shown as unconscious in the upper part of the tower that shouldn't even be there anymore. She should have been in the upper part that fell in the sea, and would probably have drowned since she had a devil fruit ability.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-10, 13:58   Link #1288
Crystal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
Okay, I have a question about the CP9 battle arc. I only saw the anime so maybe this was explained or fixed in the manga.

First, Nami beat Kalifa in the upper part of the tower, right? Since Nami had to go upstairs to get there after finding Sanji, and Chopper and Franky both had to climb up the outside to get there. But then later, Kaku is fighting Zoro on the lower level and he slices the tower in half, causing the upper part to fall into the sea.

So my question is if CP9 supposedly all survived that battle, how in particular is Kalifa still alive after that? Nobody moved her from that place, and later she's still shown as unconscious in the upper part of the tower that shouldn't even be there anymore. She should have been in the upper part that fell in the sea, and would probably have drowned since she had a devil fruit ability.
He only sliced the tower in half. It did not fall into the sea (at least in the manga).
Old 2014-05-10, 17:28   Link #1289
Mister Twit

I was mistaken, it doesn't fall because of Kaku's attack. Kaku's strike loosened it up and then later an explosion or something knocked it off. So that only happened in the anime?
Old 2014-09-02, 20:49   Link #1290
LordMihawk

Boa Hancock Question

How does one legitimately fight Boa hancock without being immune to her powers?

She basically one-shots everyone who isn't immune.

Even in the 3D2Y special, Oda had to make Sebastian blind for him to actually fight her, and nightin had to have prep and know about her abilities beforehand.

So how can you actually fight her if your attracted to her, and you don't have prep?

I can understand the following list of people being immune:

Mihawk : I feel he is disciplined enough with his training, coupled with his naturally serious personality, to will himself to be not attracted to her, turn himself asexual, etc, etc.

Zoro : Same as Mihawk

Kuma : He's a robot now so he has no emotions.

Fujitora : He's blind.

Bartolomeo : Shield himself with a barrier.

Akainu : She's a pirate so naturally all she will do is anger him and make him bloodlusted if she stood in front of him and tried to fight him.

Luffy : He's just stupid.

Chopper: No interest in human girls, because he's not human to begin with.

Blackbeard : He can just cancel her power.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

My question is there are obviously people like kizaru, shanks, sengoku, garp, big mom, rayleigh, kaido, etc, etc and many others who are obviously stronger then her.

So I guess my question is how exactly do they beat her, and not get one-shotted. Without Oda giving a convenient excuse as to why person x is not attracted to her and can't be one-shotted?

And please nothing stupid like they blitz, and one-shot her.

She's a high-high tier at worst to low end top tier(being very generous). She's capable of at least getting one hit off on a top tier.
LordMihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 21:27   Link #1291
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Dodge her "love beams" or block it with Haki. As easy as that (at least for the top tier fighters). Or use the same tactic as Vice-Admiral Momonga did. Stab yourself in a non-critical area of your body so the pain cancels the lust out.
Old 2014-09-03, 00:26   Link #1292
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMihawk View Post
Blackbeard : He can just cancel her power.
... I actually think Blackbeard would be one of the worst people to actually fight her... considering in every fight he's ever had, he's always taken the first hit... and it's VERY easy to assume that Blackbeard would fall to temptation...
Old 2014-09-03, 15:32   Link #1293
LordMihawk

Does anyone wish zoro and luffy had a real rival or is it just me?

Zoro's goal implies he'd at least meet a few up and coming swordsman with the same goal as him, but he hasn't met one.

It feels like mihawk is simply waiting and biding his time until zoro is strong enough to challenge him, no other swordsman is close to his level, no other swordsman is interested in the title, and there is nobody with any potential that rivals Zoro's.

I just wish there was at least 1 person zoro, had to/wanted to beat before he goes after mihawk.

I feel luffy is the same.

Yes you can argue all pirates are his rival but it isn't the same.

I mean like how garp and whitebeard were rivals of roger that he had numerous encounters and battles with.

Luffy just doesn't have that, with anyone at all(and please nobody say smoker, because smoker clearly became too weak after the time-skip to pose any threat to luffy).

Can't there be a new upstart marine fodder soldier who has dreams of climbing through the ranks, and becoming the fleet admiral one day(and nobody please say we have that with coby, because coby is way behind luffy and is playing catch-up, and he won't ever catch up until luffy stops getting stronger which is basically the end of the series).

I don't know I just wish luffy and zoro had that one person they both absolutely want to beat before they head for the top.

Last edited by LordMihawk; 2014-09-03 at 15:48.
LordMihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 17:15   Link #1294
Mister Twit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMihawk View Post
How does one legitimately fight Boa hancock without being immune to her powers?
I was thinking about this the other day, specifically Crocodile vs. Hancock. It seems to me that since sand is just stone anyway, Hancock's power shouldn't have much effect on Croc at all. He'd just be forced to turn into sand and then back to normal. But then, One Piece has some weird rules with elements so I'm not entirely sure.
Old 2014-09-16, 19:04   Link #1295
danielevo

I want ask guys,

Do u remember when luffy locked in kairoseki cell at Hand Island the movie,, and then Sanji just break it with his kick in the water ? And do u remember when luffy is inside coloseum with kairoseki cell, and zoro cant cut that cell ? What does this mean ? Why does sanji can break kairoseki but zoro not ?
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 05:32   Link #1296
Mister Twit

Not really a question but is it just me or does it seem like everyone on the crew has one crewmate they're not compatible with?

The most obvious one is Sanji and Zoro, of course. That requires no explanation.

Then second most obvious is Luffy and Usopp, which is dormant for now but since the beginning Usopp has always fought with Luffy about being captain, and then their big fight over Merry happened and all that. It was sort of resolved but things could always flare up again between them.

The third one, which is not quite as obvious but has evidence, is Robin and Franky. Robin really seems to hate Franky sometimes. She had no qualms about crushing his manhood with her bare hands when they were trying to get him to join. She didn't want to do "docking" at Thriller Bark. She got super-pissed with him just for talking while in Chopper's body.

So that leaves the last one, which now in Dressrosa is starting to look like Nami and Brook. Nami was the only one absent when Luffy decided that they were going to help Brook and get him to join. Nami is constantly the most annoyed whenever Brook asks to see ANYONE'S panties, much less her own. And she's been bickering with Brook a lot up until now in Dressrosa, like when she wouldn't put the seastone cuffs on Giolla.

So that leaves Chopper as the odd reindeer out, who seems to get along with everyone just fine. Which means whoever joins the crew next will probably not get along with him, if my theory is correct.
Old 2014-12-07, 15:17   Link #1297
itachi-san314

Quote:
Not really a question but is it just me or does it seem like everyone on the crew has one crewmate they're not compatible with?
I don't see it like that at all. having little moments here and there just adds to the playfulness of the crew. sanji and zoro have a rivalry and dislike each other (even though they would each risk their lives for the other) but that's about it for rivalries or incompatibility. nami isn't a fan of sanji or brook's perviness, but they both love her. luffy and sanji are probably the best friends on the crew. they had that one falling out which only shows how much they cared about each other in the first place and afterward.

Quote:
The third one, which is not quite as obvious but has evidence, is Robin and Franky. Robin really seems to hate Franky sometimes. She had no qualms about crushing his manhood with her bare hands when they were trying to get him to join. She didn't want to do "docking" at Thriller Bark. She got super-pissed with him just for talking while in Chopper's body.
i see this as the opposite. i read them as being as much of a couple on the crew as oda is willing to write. they are always looking for each other and at each other to gauge each one's reaction. and the disagreement you mentioned about docking is a lot like how a girlfriend would behave when her guy wants to do something immature. also similar to franky acting immature in chopper's body. it's significant of their feelings for each other that robin is always the one who wants him to act more mature.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 20:19   Link #1298
Rainbowman

Here's a question regarding this image:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

On the bottom right part there's a tiger that's roughly the same size as Chopper. Could this little tiger be a future member of the Strawhat crew?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 05:26   Link #1299
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

^That is a spinoff manga that is non-canon to One Piece and is not written by Oda. So most certainly not.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-20, 20:32   Link #1300
janipani

Quote:
I was thinking about this the other day, specifically Crocodile vs. Hancock. It seems to me that since sand is just stone anyway, Hancock's power shouldn't have much effect on Croc at all. He'd just be forced to turn into sand and then back to normal. But then, One Piece has some weird rules with elements so I'm not entirely sure.
Yep, in One Piece devil fruit powers aren't really elemental, but paradigms. Like both snow and ice can exist even their are essentially same. So sand and stone could actually be separated.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a