AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 15 12.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 19.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 4.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.69%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-21, 04:48   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I thought the opening was cute and well-animated so I decided to watch this, but... it was a painful experience. It's like being locked in a small room with the most uninteresting people in the world and being forced to listen to the most dull conversations imaginable. Yikes. It's a shame, too, because the characters ARE potentially interesting -- they're just presented in extremely boring situations. This show is a waste of good character ideas and good animation.

Some shows can do this kind of thing well, but this is not one of them. I can't believe half of that episode was about proper ways to eat food. It was slightly interesting for about thirty seconds, and then it stretches on and on and on...

The only thing that kept me from voting "painful" was the nice opening. Other than that, the only part of the entire episode that was even slightly funny was the very end with the crazy pink haired girl with the long sleeves. Everything else... ugh. Not touching any more of this.
like i said you either love it or hate it ~ i actually thought that the gag with the food talk was actually a test to the viwers to see if this series is right for them so its probably a good idea to quit earlier rather than later for those who really found it boring ~ the "being locked up with uninteresting people" part is intentional but it also reflects realism...real people can actually talk crap and have fun while outsiders think its just retarded (think at my friends at school as an example)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-21, 12:57   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The real test is whether someone can decide they don't like the show and not be so insecure as to call anyone names for liking it.

(and vice versa .... )
Old 2007-04-21, 14:20   Link #23
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Re. the food talk, the fact is that Kona-chan is an out and out otaku and she obsesses about every little thing, it’s her that keeps bringing up the questions of how best to eat cream horns etc with everyone who passes by, much to the dismay of Tsukasa who was presumably just making light conversation. That’s what’s so funny about the food scenes, Kona-chan just can’t let go, she has to pore over every tiny detail of any subject that comes up. That’s also of course how she ends up being able to win the UFO Catcher thing and play games so well, it’s that otaku personality trait.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2007-04-21, 14:45   Link #24
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Precisely. Consider this: Instead of a girl named Konata, it's a boy named Konicchi (is that a resonably guy's name?) And instead of talking about the right way to eat and prepare food, he spent eight and a half minutes talking about the right way to build a computer. Then most of the same people griping about how "boring" the show is would be raving on how great it is and calling it "l33t" and "pwnz" and other such silliness.

Irony of course is, Kona-chan would totally school those guys.

Edit: (next post down) Bwahaha! I missed that. This is the kind of thing that justifies KyoAni's reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou
Mind you I hate to think how that looks on a TV with overscan!
Isn't that why everyone here watches their anime on the computer?

Last edited by Telliamed; 2007-04-21 at 15:46.
Old 2007-04-21, 15:12   Link #25
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I like how they make play of Kona-chan’s height, the composition of this scene in ep.1 of three of the girls talking is a classic.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2007-04-21, 23:29   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
I like how they make play of Kona-chan’s height, the composition of this scene in ep.1 of three of the girls talking is a classic.

My wife saw that and said ... "oh ... that's why you think of me when you see konata-chan" ...
Old 2007-04-22, 08:40   Link #27
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

Bwahahaha. The opening is the Ultimate best anime opening! I keep watching it on loop.

Seriously,I haven't seen any series taking time to make a well animated opening.The song is very catching (I wish I could actually sing this one!) and watching the girls dance is awesome!

...oh yeah,the actual episode was nice too
Old 2007-04-30, 15:14   Link #28
Tatsumiko
*Artist

The Lucky star girls really have a food fetish!!!!

and ive already chosen my fav chara...Konata-chan!!! X3

I find it weird how she's wayyyyy into anime and games....cause she reminds of someone very familiar ><

but she too kawaii ^^...even when she sounds really gay when she talks about what she finds a real turn on in girls...and notice when a girl is really kawaii ^^"

Here are quotes i find best from Kona-chan in ep 1 :

"I'm stupid so I don't have to worry about getting the flu"

(coming out of the nurse's office) "I haven't grown at all"

"I was thinking the Tigers season had started...so the schedule for new anime gets all messed up"

...X3
Old 2007-05-01, 06:31   Link #29
FireChick

I actually kinda liked the first episode and I thought the food talk was kinda educational (How is this educational?). My fav characters are Tsukasa and Kagami but Tsukasa looks way cuter. Konata reminds me of one of my classmates at school since they're both short and they like anime and stuff. I don't really know but I get this REALLY weird feeling that when the series ends, I think ADV might pick it up since they got Azumanga Daioh and all.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:39   Link #30
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I actually kinda liked the first episode and I thought the food talk was kinda educational (How is this educational?).
A lot of people have been griping about the food part, since it isn't funny in the least.... and I agree, it's not funny, but I still enjoyed listening to them talk about such a trivial matter. Don't we all do that from time to time?

My favorite is Kona-chan, but I personally think Kagami is the cutest; it's her personality, I tell ya.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:43   Link #31
Meophist

I thought it was funny, particularly how they just went on and on about it. I guess I just have a different sense of humour than most people.
Old 2007-05-01, 15:24   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Same here...by the time it looped around I had a huge smile on my face. Kona is just unable to let a topic go.....
Old 2007-05-01, 23:23   Link #33
robertness

For me the beauty of the food bit was how they used such a mundane topic to explore the characters' personalities. It's a bit long and there aren't many big laughs; however, as a viewer I got a feeling of who the girls are and how they relate to each other. I think overall it was time well spent.
Old 2007-05-09, 06:54   Link #34
Seiryuu

9 of 10 just because great as it is it's not a masterpiece.
Looks like I'm like a lot of people I fell in love the moment I saw the crazy OP. Took me three or four views just to catch most of what was being said.
BTW, about the food bit, which side IS the head? Please tell me the head isn't the thin end because what does that make the fat end the brown stuff's coming out of? I don't care whether you're thinking seashell or caterpillar, that's a viewpoint I'd really like to avoid.>_<
Old 2007-05-09, 11:06   Link #35
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
BTW, about the food bit, which side IS the head? Please tell me the head isn't the thin end because what does that make the fat end the brown stuff's coming out of? I don't care whether you're thinking seashell or caterpillar, that's a viewpoint I'd really like to avoid.>_<
I am totally, completely *not* saying that IMHO, I think the head is the thin end.
Old 2007-05-10, 21:38   Link #36
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Hm... It's called a chocolate seashell in Korean, so I'm predisposed to think of it as a seashell. It was a rather rude awakening to think of it as a caterpillar... *I* personally think the fat side is the head, because to me, tail = small/thin/weak etc.
Old 2007-05-10, 22:44   Link #37
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its a zen koan.... both and neither are correct
Old 2007-05-11, 22:47   Link #38
Seiryuu

Whatever. It doesn't really matter much to me except I don't want to watch any female licking chocolate coming out of the opposite end from the head. It just seems wrong on so many levels.
That said, it's sort of strange how some of the characters come across to me. For some reason, Tsukasa is the one character who seems to scream "loli" to me, despite the fact that she's a foot taller and more developed than Konata. I guess it's that dimwitted innocence. I suppose this goes to show that you're never too old, developmentally or chronologically, to be a little child. And Akira actually makes me sometimes think "baba". Her counter-persona when she drops her mask is just too extreme. She sounds like she'd spent the last twenty years with three cigarettes in her mouth and two more for the nostrils, all the while never walking unless it was over the pitiful masses. I guess that goes to show that a girl's never too young, again in time or growth, to be a hag.
Old 2007-07-26, 06:55   Link #39
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Hahaha

Weird.

But I like it!

It's getting worrying that I've labeled every anime I've watched as weird, and I still agree, so I dunno how that works..
Old 2007-09-08, 13:03   Link #40
RogueUNSC86
Nerdcore revolution

i gave it painful because i basically couldnt tell what kind of anime it was all they did was talk for 10 min about food the rest of the show they talked about other random crap so ya this anime sorta disappoints me i want to watch it for FMP references but i dont think its possible if it keeps doing this each episode
Closed Thread