AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-23, 21:20   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Shin Sekai Yori - Character Discussion - Shun Aonuma

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Shun Aonuma related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Shin Sekai Yori fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-10-27, 03:16   Link #2
Forsaken_Infinity

I still can't trust him.
Old 2012-10-27, 11:05   Link #3
Kazu-kun

I like this guy a lot. He doesn't seem particularly untrustworthy to me.
Old 2012-10-27, 11:06   Link #4
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
IMHO he is acting too tsundere, which is by the way very childish, yet honest in a sense
Old 2012-10-27, 11:29   Link #5
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
IMHO he is acting too tsundere, which is by the way very childish, yet honest in a sense
Tsundere? Satoru could be called tsundere. Shun's pretty honest with his feelings.
Old 2012-10-27, 17:29   Link #6
Dony2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I like this guy a lot. He doesn't seem particularly untrustworthy to me.
Isn't that a spoiler?

I mean you said you read the novel so you know whats going to happen.
Old 2012-10-27, 17:47   Link #7
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dony2012 View Post
I mean you said you read the novel so you know whats going to happen.
I could be lying because I like him...
Old 2012-10-27, 20:07   Link #8
Dark Wing

Quote:
I could be lying because I like him...
I will admit that there is something about Shun that makes him a very attractive character and I will be the first to admit I like him as well however still can't shake the feeling something just isn't all that right about him.

From the way he wanted to keep listening to the library despite the forbidden knowledge to him wondering how the warrior monk guy was able to levitate. Just makes him seem like someone obsessed with gaining power and knowledge at all costs.
Old 2012-10-27, 22:08   Link #9
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Tsundere? Satoru could be called tsundere. Shun's pretty honest with his feelings.
Indeed, my bad, I am mixing Shun with Satoru
Old 2012-10-28, 00:25   Link #10
Shadow5YA

I can't tell what Shun's supposed to develop into. So he's the model Gary Stu student... where to go from there?
Old 2012-10-29, 10:20   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I never really got why people find him untrustworthy. He seems like a honest kid to me. Maybe too smart for his own good.
Old 2012-10-29, 10:24   Link #12
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I never really got why people find him untrustworthy. He seems like a honest kid to me. Maybe too smart for his own good.
Perhaps it is b/c sometimes people feel sorta distrustful of those who appear "detached" somehow, or not noticeably/externally "involved" or worried about what they are experiencing at the time?

I like how Shun as a character has been portrayed so far tbh - but I wonder if all the characters have their "other side" that has been heretofore kept in check somehow? We've seen glimpses of that last ep, after all, and Lord knows there are boatloads of all sorts of feelings and manias and emotions to "test out", so to speak....
Old 2012-11-11, 09:37   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 8 preview:
Old 2012-11-11, 18:00   Link #14
Jinuzuki
Banned

I have a feeling that Shun is what you call a "False protagonist"...

You think he will have a big role in the story, especially after all the talking with the library, since he took the things he heard from it very seriously, but in the end his sole purpose to the story will be that he made sure that Saki and Satoru will listen to the library's words until the end (If you remember they wanted to stop but Shun made them to keep listen to the library) so they will know the truth about their society which triggered the turns of events.

But he won't have any part in the REAL story. In changing their society.
Because I have a feeling that Shun's gonna meet his end very soon.
Old 2012-11-12, 15:47   Link #15
Kazu-kun

I just read the first volume of the manga. Besides the sex scenes that Malkuth mentioned before, there's a lot of little moments between Shun and Saki. It's a lot more obvious they like each other than in the anime.
Old 2012-11-15, 04:17   Link #16
neshru

Quote:
I just read the first volume of the manga. Besides the sex scenes that Malkuth mentioned before, there's a lot of little moments between Shun and Saki. It's a lot more obvious they like each other than in the anime.
I think the anime makes that obvious enough, to be honest. There are pretty obvious hints in all of the 3 initial episodes.
Old 2012-11-15, 11:56   Link #17
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I think the anime makes that obvious enough
I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying the manga makes it even more obvious than that. It even includes some heroic scenes for Shun when he saves Saki's life and so on.
Old 2012-11-15, 12:52   Link #18
neshru

Oh, I thought you were talking about the novel, not the manga.
Old 2012-11-15, 15:53   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My impression is that Shun is trustworthy to his friends/peers. It's just that he shows signs of not being keen on the society that he's grown up in, and really, it's hard to blame him for that. Also, quietly rebelling against one's society is not the same as being untrustworthy to your friends.

I think that Shun has the highest overall potential of the five kids, but Saki is probably the most clever of them. This might be part of the reason why they're drawn to each other - They sense strengths in each other that compliments one another.
Old 2012-11-17, 13:22   Link #20
SagaraSouske

I think Shun is the type to keep things to himself and hard to open up to others. And his attraction to Saki has more to do with her apparent subliminal un-satisfactions with the society. She isn't keenly aware of it herself but Shun sees it in her. I don't think Maria or Mamoru are anything special really, they were in the group because Maria is with Saki and Mamoru follows Maria.

Tags
characters