AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-03, 09:15   Link #1561
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

-_-; lol I wasn't expecting Trinity to look like that.

@Nayim: We both missed something.

Edit: Damn. Tokkan beat me to it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 09:21   Link #1562
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Platinum is not one of the Six Heroes. IIRC, she's another of Jubei's students, like Ragna. Though she doesn't seem to like Ragna.
Spoiler for Platinum:
Does that mean she tsundere ? reminds me Akira kogami from Lucky Star.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 09:30   Link #1563
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Is her name Platinum or Platina? I keep seeing people go back and forth. The katakana gives the impression that her name should be "Platina" but... I'm uncertain.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 09:34   Link #1564
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
It's spelt in English as "Platinum=the=Trinity" in the CS story credits, I think Platinum's correct. I originally thought Platina would be better though, "Platinum" sounds rather strange as a person's name.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 09:40   Link #1565
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Ahh I see. :3

I think I'd like "Platina" better as a name too though... oh well.

Old 2010-07-03, 10:59   Link #1566
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wow....from various board I went, what's with the Platinum hate that I am seeing?
Old 2010-07-03, 11:03   Link #1567
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Val looks like he'll be a beast. You can never go wrong with the "awesome old man" types.
Old 2010-07-03, 11:20   Link #1568
iamthechamp

Woah.. Certainly wasn't expecting that? Mori had better come up with an explaination on how to fit this 'magical girl' to the series. Vampire's butler FTW!
Anno lolicon~ XD
iamthechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 11:48   Link #1569
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthechamp View Post
Woah.. Certainly wasn't expecting that? Mori had better come up with an explaination on how to fit this 'magical girl' to the series. Vampire's butler FTW!
Anno lolicon~ XD
Well since Nine the magician exists, it wouldn't be far fetch for a magical girl to exist too.
Old 2010-07-03, 11:58   Link #1570
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wow....from various board I went, what's with the Platinum hate that I am seeing?
I expected that after realizing that this design was real. She seems a bit out of place in a story like this, I like it but I'm not surprised that others don't. She looks like she'd be kind of obnoxious (which I usually hate) and one should probably wonder how she fits all of her hair into that hood without any of it showing (magic? >.> ).

Platinum looks like she may be my favorite character, until she becomes available I'll use Rachel. Hopefully her play style will be fun for me.

Old 2010-07-03, 12:32   Link #1571
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

What the heck, now I don't know who is going to be my main now, still Rachel, or Valkenhyne or Platinum.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 12:40   Link #1572
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I expected that after realizing that this design was real. She seems a bit out of place in a story like this, I like it but I'm not surprised that others don't. She looks like she'd be kind of obnoxious (which I usually hate) and one should probably wonder how she fits all of her hair into that hood without any of it showing (magic? >.> ).

Platinum looks like she may be my favorite character, until she becomes available I'll use Rachel. Hopefully her play style will be fun for me.
Well....she has 2 sleeves that looks like it's long enough for her hair .
Talking about out of place, I'm pretty sure that's what I thought when I saw Bridget in GG. Not like I mind, because he's the only one I like in GG anyway.

I'm thinking about maining Rachel, but dropping Lambda as my sub for Platina's slot .
Old 2010-07-03, 13:00   Link #1573
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Well....she has 2 sleeves that looks like it's long enough for her hair .
Talking about out of place, I'm pretty sure that's what I thought when I saw Bridget in GG. Not like I mind, because he's the only one I like in GG anyway.

I'm thinking about maining Rachel, but dropping Lambda as my sub for Platina's slot .
Bridget is the only one I like in GG too... and Jam I guess, I like her play style.

I hope DLC characters get a theme song and crest like the other characters get... I'd like to hear what kind of tune would play for Platinum. >w>
If they don't get their own stages, I'd like to see her share Tsubaki's stage too, it's my favorite in terms of design.

Old 2010-07-03, 13:28   Link #1574
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Wow...Valk looks great and Plat looks surprising as heck. Not that I'm against her, but it's still surprising.

Gonna have to buy all 3 dlc characters now. There goes all my money T.T
Old 2010-07-03, 13:50   Link #1575
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Because not every Blazblue fan is an anime fan and seeing an Arcana Heart reject in a game they like is not something they want. "Doujin" fighting games like Arcana Heart and Melty Blood carry a lot of stigma throughout the fighting game community. GG/BB has avoided being considering the same as them.. but the Arcana Heart reject might change that a bit.

The guy (Heartnana) who won Blazblue CT @ Evo last year saying he only chooses female characters.. didn't exactly win over the 15,000+ viewers watching the stream. Be intereting to see the reaction Melty Blood gets.. though I don't think it will get much streamed aside from the finals considering SSFIV has over 2000 contestants and a $50,000 pot.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 13:59   Link #1576
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Even though only playing female characters isn't an issue in any way. People have preferences and people should understand that, and the fact he WON just shows that it isn't all for show.

BB took elements from Melty Blood and Arana Heart anyway and twisted around their core GG system, so it really doesn't matter. That being said I still only like 2 1/2 characters in the BB universe and i'm gonna stick to them.
Old 2010-07-03, 14:09   Link #1577
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Because not every Blazblue fan is an anime fan and seeing an Arcana Heart reject in a game they like is not something they want. "Doujin" fighting games like Arcana Heart and Melty Blood carry a lot of stigma throughout the fighting game community. GG/BB has avoided being considering the same as them.. but the Arcana Heart reject might change that a bit.
She's only one character... if you're going to let her existence bother you then that's pretty sad. You don't have to play as her... and you sure as hell don't have to buy her. ^^;

Regardless, many would take offense to the "anime fan" garbage that I keep seeing. Get off your high horse (not necessarily directing this at you Westlo), just because one character who looks like she belongs in a magical girl anime made it into the roster does not mean that the game's value depreciates. =/

Old 2010-07-03, 15:23   Link #1578
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Valkenhyne is Slayer while Platinum is a Gainax character and needs more cowbell.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 18:54   Link #1579
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

My, my... People are actually aggravated at Platinum? That's disappointing. Though I suppose it's up to the person to decide. I'd just wish they wouldn't make such a big deal out of this sort of thing.

True, her appearance wasn't what I expected - but that's hardly anything to critique her about on a grand level... Oh well, let them bicker.

Quote:
W
Gonna have to buy all 3 dlc characters now. There goes all my money T.T
*patpat* Not all. Just the large portion of it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 19:53   Link #1580
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

wow i am quite disappointed at trinity's appearance, she looks just way too generic <_< i mean how does 1 of the 6 heros look like an 8 yr old mahou shoujo........tho valk on the other hand is just outstanding, loving his design to the core
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360