AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 08:36   Link #5581
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I believe there is difference between a thread about the epitaph and a thread about shkanon or any other theory.

The solution of the epitaph isn't something that is strictly related to the plot of the story. You could basically present it as a stand alone riddle and it would still work fine provided you just give the minimum required info on the setting.

To say it in another way... let's put it this way. Suppose there is someone who only watched the anime and doesn't want to get spoiled about the story but he's really curious about how the hell that epitaph is supposed to be solved and doesn't care about solving on his own.

An epitaph thread could adequately give him his answers without spoiling him anything plot related.

The same really can't be said for any other theory. How can you make a thread for Erika, Shkanon, Beatrice's truth or the Rokkenjima incident without heavily spoiling the whole story? It's impossible.

Of course even in the epitaph thread occasionally some spoiler slipped, like when people mentioned who solved the riddle in the game. That, of course, is a spoiler that should have been and should be avoided. The point is that those mentions aren't necessary at all for the purpose of the thread. And people using a thread in wrong way and spoiling is something that can happen in any other thread.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 09:18   Link #5582
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The measure will be taken either way. It goes without saying we are derailing this thread as we speak, so please move along.
Old 2010-12-12, 18:31   Link #5583
lesengirz
Detective

What was the last patch released for ep7? I can't seem to find it
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 18:57   Link #5584
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

50% patch. It can be found at Witch Hunt's website like all the patches before it.
http://witch-hunt.com/stage.html

100% patch will be out sometime this month, though, hopefully.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 20:12   Link #5585
lesengirz
Detective

Yes, that's why i have decided to start the 50% one by now, since I am a slow reader, before i even reach 20% I am pretty sure full patch will be out.
Old 2010-12-13, 14:20   Link #5586
PaladinFenris
∞ Der Goldschmied

Send a message via ICQ to PaladinFenris
I'm sorry, this makes for a terrible first post on this forum. I read through the last pages not finding an appropriate answer to this.

The new translated epitaph... has it been implemented into the translations of EP 1-4 in the current version 4.4? Or is it currently in progress along with the editing of EP7-Translation?

I would be very happy to receive an answer. And I would like to use this opportunity to pay my respects to "The Witch Hunt" doing an incredible job to all of us.

Best Greetings from Germany

Paladin Fenris
PaladinFenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 14:24   Link #5587
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinFenris View Post
I'm sorry, this makes for a terrible first post on this forum. I read through the last pages not finding an appropriate answer to this.

The new translated epitaph... has it been implemented into the translations of EP 1-4 in the current version 4.4? Or is it currently in progress along with the editing of EP7-Translation?

I would be very happy to receive an answer. And I would like to use this opportunity to pay my respects to "The Witch Hunt" doing an incredible job to all of us.

Best Greetings from Germany

Paladin Fenris

No, it hasn't been updated yet. They are altering a few of the hint scenes as well so just updating the epitaph alone isn't enough.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 14:59   Link #5588
sailorsean

So truth be told, I couldn't wait it out, and I decided to read through the 50% patch.
I've been playing it almost non-stop this past weekend.
I just finished it less than ten minutes ago.
I want more.
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 15:27   Link #5589
DgBarca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsean View Post
So truth be told, I couldn't wait it out, and I decided to read through the 50% patch.
I've been playing it almost non-stop this past weekend.
I just finished it less than ten minutes ago.
I want more.
^ This is why I am waiting for the full patch
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 17:35   Link #5590
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Hey, uh, On your site, it says "New epitaph translation posted."
But when I clicked on it, I was taken to the "How Not To Get Banned" page. Did you guys link it wrong?
catastrophe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 17:43   Link #5591
lesengirz
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe8 View Post
But when I clicked on it, I was taken to the "How Not To Get Banned" page. Did you guys link it wrong?
I Am also curious about it
Old 2010-12-13, 18:08   Link #5592
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
It used to be there, but then the Epitaph thread was taken down altogether. So that's probably why it redirected you to the rules thread.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 18:11   Link #5593
moldy_tomato

Quote:
The link is not wrong; the epitaph was just removed in the last edit.
I'd guess the reason for it might be related to moving the epitaph discussion.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=5620
moldy_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 00:41   Link #5594
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

now i want to know what the revised epitaph is like but its not up though its a good thing im taking my sweet ass time with my beato painting, plan to carve the epitaph into ornate wood and dont want it to be invalidated
Old 2010-12-14, 01:59   Link #5595
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

I saved the updated Epitaph they posted, but I'm not sure if they want it posted or not since they removed theirs. I'll hold off on posting it for now. We'll all be able to see it once the 100% patch comes out, anyway.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 07:17   Link #5596
PaladinFenris
∞ Der Goldschmied

Send a message via ICQ to PaladinFenris
The Epitaph in the Thread "Epitaph: Speculations and Theories [Episode 1-4]" seems to have been updated, so I would suggest everyone to go there for it.

Well, I'm on my way to a job interview. On the train I will have time to give it a few thoughts.

What grinding my thoughts is the question, if the (IMHO) small changes make it more solvable than the previous version? (Note: I haven't begun reading EP7 yet, I still wait for the 100/100% Version in silent patience)
PaladinFenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 07:24   Link #5597
Cao Ni Ma

As they said previously, the epitaph changes are just one part of it. They need to change some of the scenes where they are giving out hints as well. Certain words in the new epitaph like Capital seem to be a big hint
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 15:52   Link #5598
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao Ni Ma View Post
As they said previously, the epitaph changes are just one part of it. They need to change some of the scenes where they are giving out hints as well. Certain words in the new epitaph like Capital seem to be a big hint
The Capital part is not even a necessary hint. It's a lot easier to make a connection with the chapel than to use that roundabout way of figuring it out with Kanji.

Changing it to Capital is going to make Rosa's conversation with Eva about the tenth twilight totally awkward sounding.

Rosa: "There's something I noticed in the tenth twilight but it's probably nothing important."

Eva: "What is it? What did you notice?"

Rosa: "Capital, and Golden land are different".

*crickets*
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 16:58   Link #5599
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
The Capital part is not even a necessary hint. It's a lot easier to make a connection with the chapel than to use that roundabout way of figuring it out with Kanji.

Changing it to Capital is going to make Rosa's conversation with Eva about the tenth twilight totally awkward sounding.

Rosa: "There's something I noticed in the tenth twilight but it's probably nothing important."

Eva: "What is it? What did you notice?"

Rosa: "Capital, and Golden land are different".

*crickets*
We did mention that the sections in question would be changed, and that's not just a simple replacement of words. The Japanese version of the epitaph has never been shown in full in the English patch (and no one would read it if it was), so having Rosa suddenly mention a change that none of the readers could possibly have noticed (and which most people without significant Japanese knowledge won't understand) is hardly any less cricket-inducing.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 17:22   Link #5600
Judoh
Mystery buff

There were people who noticed the Kanji Chronotrig. If you were only reading the english and never checked the japanese on the Witch hunt website it's obvious you would never have had a chance to solve it since you need to read both.

Don't get me wrong though. I do think it seems awkward now. However I was mostly trying to make people laugh while expressing that. It wasn't directed at you.

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-12-14 at 17:33.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation