AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2011-08-15, 09:29   Link #801
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I meant to say take on fodder. Not just one.

And Stiyl is fodder.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:34   Link #802
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Do we really have to do this again?

Since Kamachi said he's going to include her into the fight, can't we just fucking wait and see the facts of what happens instead of throwing around opinions like what we have done so for the past two years?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:36   Link #803
Drifting Wolf

^

Agreed. Let's allow the author to do his work rather than argue pointlessly about her battle prowess.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:40   Link #804
Ashaman

Now now. Styl is at least Elite Fodder
Old 2011-08-15, 09:47   Link #805
tsunade666

If Styl was serious he isn't just a fodder. If one innocentious is troublesome enough wait till he summons 3. And if he survive the rain of Freya of Pendex do you really think his just a fodder?
Old 2011-08-15, 09:48   Link #806
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
*snip*

Most of the enemies in Railgun if not all belong to the Science side. And she would not have defeated the Graviton Bomber (an esper) if not for Imagine Breaker, who will take on some of the most dangerous mages in the world later on.

On the matter of Accelerator and the Sisters, Mikoto was simply no match for Accel due to the latter's vector redirection ability, which in theory will make her eat her own Railgun as a result. And it didn't help that Mikoto already had a death wish for herself to keep Accel from killing any more Sisters. And frankly, Onee-sama, that won't help as the AC Scientists will continue the Level 6 Shift for Accel no matter what.

So the only way to stop that is to disprove the fact that Accel IS the strongest esper in AC. Luckily, A Certain Level Zero Imagine Breaker did just that.
A few thing I want to point out. Theoretically, Mikoto can deal with the graviton bomb easily since the bomb made from metal(alumunium) after all. She can easily suspend the shrapnel in one place or even use it to hold the explosion's wave so it won't reach anyone. Her lack of battle experience(and lack of consistency by the story writer for the manga ) is what keep her from disarming the bomb safely.

As for the level 6 shift project, she plans to die on the first move to screw the assumption used on the calculation for level 6 shift project, as in 20.000 sisters needed if she die on 128th moves, but how many needed if her ability can only hold on for 1 move? The scientist doesn't have the means to re-simulate the calculation because the tree diagram went down(Aleister might have other way to simulate it, but since it's not his primary target, he probably won't even bother to do it). You have to remember that the scientist do the project not because they're an extreme sadist or just for the heck of it, but because they have a clear purpose for the experiment. Take the purpose away and they will no longer have any reason to do the experiment, so yes, her plan is viable to stop the level 6 shift project albeit with one casualty.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:54   Link #807
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If Styl was serious he isn't just a fodder. If one innocentious is troublesome enough wait till he summons 3. And if he survive the rain of Freya of Pendex do you really think his just a fodder?
The thing is, Innocentius puts such a heavy strain on his body that he can only summon ONE. That is his trump card. He fought Pendex by running and tricking her with illusions. There's also the fact that Innocentius requires a blatantly long aria that needs people to buy time for him.

It's why he was partnered with someone instead of being a lone operative.
Old 2011-08-15, 09:55   Link #808
Drifting Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
A few thing I want to point out. Theoretically, Mikoto can deal with the graviton bomb easily since the bomb made from metal(alumunium) after all. She can easily suspend the shrapnel in one place or even use it to hold the explosion's wave so it won't reach anyone. Her lack of battle experience(and lack of consistency by the story writer for the manga ) is what keep her from disarming the bomb safely.

As for the level 6 shift project, she plans to die on the first move to screw the assumption used on the calculation for level 6 shift project, as in 20.000 sisters needed if she die on 128th moves, but how many needed if her ability can only hold on for 1 move? The scientist doesn't have the means to re-simulate the calculation because the tree diagram went down(Aleister might have other way to simulate it, but since it's not his primary target, he probably won't even bother to do it). You have to remember that the scientist do the project not because they're an extreme sadist or just for the heck of it, but because they have a clear purpose for the experiment. Take the purpose away and they will no longer have any reason to do the experiment, so yes, her plan is viable to stop the level 6 shift project albeit with one casualty.

Aluminium isn't a ferromagnetic material. She can't do anything about it. What exactly are you talking about here?
Old 2011-08-15, 09:57   Link #809
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
'Serious' is a very vague term, I'll never forget that Stiyl pretty much lost to everybody under the sun with a name up to that point in the end. Suddenly because of one deed he's now supposedly hardcore material? It don't work that way.
Old 2011-08-15, 10:02   Link #810
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Aluminium isn't a ferromagnetic material. She can't do anything about it. What exactly are you talking about here?
Eh really? So aluminium is not affected by magnetic force at all? Me and my failed physics. This is what happened when I only use mathematics without touching physics even a little bit for 2 years My second point still remains though
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 11:46   Link #811
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Seeing as she went all out assaulting and destroying al thus research facilities without putting any major pressure on the research. The researchers may have been under the assumption she had become desperate to stop the experiment to do a suicide attack with the aim to die on the first attack to overthrow their calculations. Which just means they would most likely have continued the research anyway.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 16:47   Link #812
Zakoo

But in the end, it was up to Aleister to decide when the experiment would be stopped or not, he could have done it when Misaka began to destroy facilities or after, the whole level 6 thing was messed up. Sometimes, I wonder why he waited for Touma to step in, did he lose control on the scientists? Probably not.

Whether her plan works or not is up to speculation, but I don't think it would have helped Aleister to lose the Third. Well .. maybe he would have replaced her with #000.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 16:47   Link #813
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovum View Post
Seeing as she went all out assaulting and destroying al thus research facilities without putting any major pressure on the research. The researchers may have been under the assumption she had become desperate to stop the experiment to do a suicide attack with the aim to die on the first attack to overthrow their calculations. Which just means they would most likely have continued the research anyway.
That's alot of assumption and using the powers of hindsight given to the audience sure it might make sense to us, but as I've recalled even up to the point where ITEM was called in, nobody knew it was her that had been destroying the facilities.

And even if that's the case, they have zero way of confirming her emotional state besides guessing... And you know they don't guess.
Old 2011-08-15, 17:46   Link #814
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's alot of assumption and using the powers of hindsight given to the audience sure it might make sense to us, but as I've recalled even up to the point where ITEM was called in, nobody knew it was her that had been destroying the facilities.

And even if that's the case, they have zero way of confirming her emotional state besides guessing... And you know they don't guess.
In vol 5 chapter 25 Kihara and some other researcher speculated that attacker is 'her' which is most probably aimed towards Mikoto. Also according to ITEM's informer the client had already verified who the perpetrator is.

While its true we don't know what kind of information the researchers have on Mikotos emotional state, we can assume they would properly investigate irregularities such as #3 getting killed by the first attack instead of the calculated amount. Also remember they still have 2 satellites left that sure should cover surveillance on the more important residents of AC.

But when I think about it Aleister would probably have intervened and used that excuse to stop the experiment so he could spread the sisters around the world in either way that fight would have ended.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 19:59   Link #815
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Hey Flere, did you mean this bit? Cause this is a scene I missed somehow:

Basically, Lessar started to explain, but gave up before she even got to the meat of the situation because Misaka naturally tried to make sense of it using the knowledge she already had. And again I'd like to point out that this is without a practical demonstration, and is in fact before she'd ever even seen magic of any sort.

I can't really blame Misaka for not getting magic, because from the information that she has been given through the series, while making the leap to magic is not out of the question, it still takes a rather strange mental turn to think of it when there exists other, perfectly natural reasoning.
I meant the second bit. But yeah, good point about no one ever just show Mikoto magic, compared to Touma and others in his room.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 22:26   Link #816
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

So I heard Mikoto has mindrape powers. When did this happen?
Old 2011-08-15, 22:36   Link #817
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Uh, what?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 22:42   Link #818
arson88

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...74596&page=259

Spoiler for Are you refering to this?:
arson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 22:50   Link #819
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

That's a fanfic.

I heard it happened in SS2 for Railgun novels.
Old 2011-08-15, 23:06   Link #820
Jobless Josh

Location: England, it's pretty small, I'm sure you'll find me.
Quote:
Yeah I keep hearing people around saying that, I dunno wether it's fans buffing her abilities because off what Accel did regarding the electrical signals in LO's brain or wether it stemmed from her recent ability to fend off Misaki's Mental fuckery.
Or maybe it did really happened in the Railgun SS2 I wouldn't know cos I only just finished the main series