AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 32 27.12%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 13.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 11.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 11.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 5.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 2.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 14.41%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-30, 21:03   Link #221
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerofSatenRuiko View Post
@R.LocK
LOL I expected many offense but now I'm even considered as a drugged idiot, wowXD
Regarding the "taste" of the arcs: ruthless violence and starting to turn a mass murderer into protagonist while making him look cool does indeed reflect good taste. How stupid and hopeless I am for not liking that.
Offense? I've not even started insulting you. Not that I'd bother to.
Diverting the topic, aren't we? I was talking about comparison with Sisters' arc only. Is Mikoto the mass murderer now? And Accel still has the biggest character development, because Touma needs a bit more to catch up with him in that regards, just saying that.
Now then, your tastes are your tastes. However, what I take issues with is how you desperately twist the facts to suit your own standards. Don't like the violence? Fine with me. Don't like it when other girls are thrown out from the frame when the plot requires it? Oh well, that's fine, too. But when you repeatedly try to say that oh no, that's not the true Railgun, and that Railgun is separated from Index and even its own source, it's retarded.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 21:22   Link #222
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
By redeeming Accelerator, perhaps you also show what Academy City has to go through in order to be culturally redeemed.
But that's the thing, it's been said in the series that no matter what Accelerator does, what he did will never be okay and he'll never be redeemed. But I didn't mean he couldn't do anything(tho we might want to change this topic to the accelerator thread if this keeps going about him)
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 01:02   Link #223
Primary Consult

Quote:
One of Academy City's core cultural flaws is how cheaply it values human life in general. This is a recurring theme in Railgun, with "Child Errors", STUDY treating Febri like disposable trash in this final arc, and a general caste system atmosphere in the city based on Level status. Accelerator shows what happens when you take the more dehumanizing attitudes of Academy City to their logical conclusion. By redeeming Accelerator, perhaps you also show what Academy City has to go through in order to be culturally redeemed.
Wow... I have to say this is pretty damn insightful. I want to say more about this but this isn't a LN or Accelerator thread...

In any case I think Mikoto seems to have gotten a bit of that attitude - before the outcome of Sisters/Touma, she seemed to think more black and white (think of her interactions with random street thugs). I don't think the pre-sisters Mikoto would have considered trying to save anyone from Study.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 02:21   Link #224
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

boring beginning and ended with magnificent finale
well, that's a great way to conclude Silent Party arc

showing lots of characters at one episode and putting lots of fripside's songs inside...of course with lots of action as well

Everything become better because of sisters' involvement... and ITEM appeared again!! (showing Misaki, Touma, and Accel... YES!!!)
I'm starting to like Nunotaba... She isn't emotionless scientist anymore

Although I prefer if Misaka deal with the problem by herself again, I think relying on her friends this time isn't a bad option

I'm expecting Index S3 more than Railgun S3... I think Railgun's timeline is getting a bit too far
Time to bring again the original timeline... then put Railgun S3 at behind of Index S3

See ya biri biri... We'll miss you.. especially your epic Sisters' arc
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 02:25   Link #225
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Great finale for this second season. Although the only I'm disappointed was not having "Only my railgun" as an insert!

Still, those STUDY group was the worst villains ever in my opinion. They can disregard life, but they're just wannabes to me.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 03:07   Link #226
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That Fripside spam...+ ITEM and Misaki camo

Quote:
Still, those STUDY group was the worst villains ever in my opinion. They can disregard life, but they're just wannabes to me.
I'm surprised Mugino didn't get to them...
Old 2013-10-01, 03:51   Link #227
Jyang

Seems like there's 2 factions...

One side being Index fans who dislike this arc because it contradicts with original timeline and shallow villains/plot etc and was boring because it's placed after the extremely awesome Sister's Arc.

And then there's the other side who are Railgun fans that like this arc because it's similar to how season 1 ran with its light-hearted atmosphere and epic fights with the power of friendship etc.

Now if I remembered correctly, they made this arc to "TARGET" the fans who liked the first season due to the first half of season 2 being really dark. So even though the anime original content may have contradicted the timeline in Index, in terms of them targeting audiences of Railgun season 1 who liked the more light-hearted atmosphere, I think they did a very good job. [I mean, they still included epic fights with friends working together!]

Personally I always liked the anime version of Railgun more than the manga because it's more fleshed out and a lot more emotional. Especially after the Sister's Arc in the manga, you don't see much of the event affecting Mikoto's everyday life. Whereas here, it's pretty much trying to tie off the lose ends from the previous arc, and that's why I find it satisfying. I honestly don't care if it contradicted with Index or not. I don't even care that the villains sucked [I mean come on, what did you expect from a group of meganes]. But I liked what was shown and it was emotional for me to see the characters developed and fleshed out. The finale deserved a 11/10 from me because that's how hyped I was when I watched the episode. *Insert all of dniv's spams on why the episode was great*

People have different taste. We can agree with that right? I think it's fine for the people who don't like the arc can believe that this is non-canon and pretend it never happened.

Though I still think it's a bit harsh to say that the whole arc was utterly stupid and the sorts and giving it a 1....but whatever. It's the internet. People do whatever they want.
Old 2013-10-01, 04:08   Link #228
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Bleh. Episode barely made sense, the wishy-washy wish fulfillment is so strong (and bad) in this episode that it's hilarious, but the action was cool, music was fine and lolis were cute...

6/10. Plotwise this barely gets a 2, but it was just too much fun. Still, definitely not a great episode.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos

Last edited by speedyexpress48; 2013-10-01 at 04:25.
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 05:13   Link #229
Draco Spirit

Quote:
@Ilidsor
I read your post about Accelarator, it was interesting and indeed proved the complexity of the issue. Still, it doesn't change how I view him too much, especially after what I saw in the first half of the arc, that was too much for me. Suppose the Sisters were really just lifeless dolls, human-like robots or anything similar. I would still find him creepy. And I just can't understand why he's so popular.
*hijacks!*

IMHO the reason Accelerator is so popular is because he gets some dam good character development after this. He's a interesting and constantly evolving character.

Watch Index session 1 and 2 to get a taste, a read the LNs to get a full story, there some really good stuff to do with Accelerator towards the end of Old Testament especially.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 10:43   Link #230
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Offense? I've not even started insulting you. Not that I'd bother to.
Diverting the topic, aren't we? I was talking about comparison with Sisters' arc only. Is Mikoto the mass murderer now? And Accel still has the biggest character development, because Touma needs a bit more to catch up with him in that regards, just saying that.
Now then, your tastes are your tastes. However, what I take issues with is how you desperately twist the facts to suit your own standards. Don't like the violence? Fine with me. Don't like it when other girls are thrown out from the frame when the plot requires it? Oh well, that's fine, too. But when you repeatedly try to say that oh no, that's not the true Railgun, and that Railgun is separated from Index and even its own source, it's retarded.
The part with Mikoto as mass murderer makes no sense for me, don't know why you think I meant that.
Regarding the rest, let's say that everyone form their own personal reality as they want. I have very strong feelings for anime-original Railgun, while for you, the basis is LN/manga. Both of us has the right to speak freely our opinions, even if so repeatedly that the other would find it retarded.

@Draco Spirit
I think I'll wait and see when it gets animated, I hope that one day all LNs will be adapted.
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 11:05   Link #231
hoshino_crimsonwings

I liked the ending, at least I got to see Misaki and Touma for a glimpse. The fight was nice, I loved the opening. Brought tears to my eyes.
Old 2013-10-01, 11:34   Link #232
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
The part with Mikoto as mass murderer makes no sense for me, don't know why you think I meant that.
Regarding the rest, let's say that everyone form their own personal reality as they want. I have very strong feelings for anime-original Railgun, while for you, the basis is LN/manga. Both of us has the right to speak freely our opinions, even if so repeatedly that the other would find it retarded.
As I said, I'm drawing the comparison between Sisters' Arc and Silent Party Arc only. You tried to extend it over all other arcs in Raildex. If you switch between my line of thinking and yours, in the end you'd be confused 'cause the sole protagonist of Sisters' Arc is Mikoto. That's it. I don't even know why it should be explained, though.
No, I don't deny your delusions. However, I do oppose against repeatedly using the logic which is wrong on so many levels.

Ah, by the way, someone mentioned teleportation being unable to kill the momentum. Why should it be the issue if Kuroko might teleport repeatedly~?
Old 2013-10-01, 11:57   Link #233
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Wow... I have to say this is pretty damn insightful. I want to say more about this but this isn't a LN or Accelerator thread...
Thanks! I'm glad my impression of Accelerator and Academy City isn't too far off at least.

Quote:
In any case I think Mikoto seems to have gotten a bit of that attitude - before the outcome of Sisters/Touma, she seemed to think more black and white (think of her interactions with random street thugs). I don't think the pre-sisters Mikoto would have considered trying to save anyone from Study.
Mikoto strikes me as someone who would try to stop villains without killing them, but I do agree in that I don't think that pre-Sisters Mikoto would have made it a point to try to save villains from themselves.
Old 2013-10-01, 12:37   Link #234
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
As I said, I'm drawing the comparison between Sisters' Arc and Silent Party Arc only. You tried to extend it over all other arcs in Raildex. If you switch between my line of thinking and yours, in the end you'd be confused 'cause the sole protagonist of Sisters' Arc is Mikoto. That's it. I don't even know why it should be explained, though.
No, I don't deny your delusions. However, I do oppose against repeatedly using the logic which is wrong on so many levels.
Anyway, I only meant that Accelarator is being made look cool and turned into a protagonist, and that's started during the Sisters Arc. End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyang View Post
....Personally I always liked the anime version of Railgun more than the manga because it's more fleshed out and a lot more emotional.
Anime-original Railgun indeed has much more emotional depth and touching moments, that's one of the reasons why I love it so much. When I read for example the manga version of Level Upper Arc, even that felt somewhat empty compared to the anime.
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 13:51   Link #235
leukrota

Quote:
Mikoto strikes me as someone who would try to stop villains without killing them, but I do agree in that I don't think that pre-Sisters Mikoto would have made it a point to try to save villains from themselves.
Unlike Saten, who energetically crushed a manned robot with the super mecha.

Ok, maybe she didn't notice it was manned, but that would make the case sadder. It would mean there were some mangled corpses left to rot in the rubble, as no one noticed.

Quote:
Anyway, I only meant that Accelarator is being made look cool and turned into a protagonist, and that's started during the Sisters Arc. End of story.
Ehh... nope, that doesn't start until after the Sister's Arc.

I know this correction might get my post deleted, but I had to do it.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 13:59   Link #236
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Facepalm.jpg. End of story, indeed.

No one draws similarities between the last episodes of Kyousen and Railgun S. A pity it is.
Old 2013-10-01, 14:59   Link #237
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Anime-original Railgun indeed has much more emotional depth and touching moments, that's one of the reasons why I love it so much. When I read for example the manga version of Level Upper Arc, even that felt somewhat empty compared to the anime.
If it was just emotional I would be all over it. The problem is that is so damn campy about it's emotional aspects. I mean take the opening of this episode for one thing: when those judgment members literally teleported into position with no explanation (really nobody in Study noticed them walking up?) and the entire group took the time to shout a catchphrase and Study just stood there and waited for them to finish. The whole episode was pure camp. It threw me right out of the story.

There are a couple of subtle episodes like that one where Saten goes to those special lessons after using Level Upper (iirc), but most of the time it can't stop beating you over the head with how important the power of friendship is and stuff like that.

Also you can be emotional without causing so many plot-holes.
Old 2013-10-01, 18:05   Link #238
Goldzero

i really don't see why won't you guys let them enjoy the finale and complain about how terrible this arc was which would upset those who love railgun original. i well admit im not much of a fan of them(besides it brings more lovable saten-san) but i can't see why half of you are complaining. i well also admit the fact that it mest up the timeline including some major issues at the ending but let them enjoy what they want is it that big of a deal? this arc was meant to entertain those who loved the lighthearted version of railgun and we should be grateful that we got that amazing sister arc adaption.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 18:11   Link #239
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i really don't see why won't you guys let them enjoy the finale and complain about how terrible this arc was which would upset those who love railgun original. i well admit im not much of a fan of them(besides it brings more lovable saten-san) but i can't see why half of you are complaining. i well also admit the fact that it mest up the timeline including some major issues at the ending but let them enjoy what they want is it that big of a deal? this arc was meant to entertain those who loved the lighthearted version of railgun and we should be grateful that we got that amazing sister arc adaption.
But that would defeat the whole point of a forum if we don't have people arguing.
Old 2013-10-01, 19:07   Link #240
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
people arguing
People arguing? All the vibes I feel is "source media elitism", which relentlessflame has been pissed about for the longest time in this subforum.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote