AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-13, 03:21   Link #241
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Yeah, but she still has a twisted sense of humour.
Yeah she does. But she did it to get their attention to realise something was up, as well as for the puzzle.
Old 2007-07-13, 09:28   Link #242
Nekonron
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
Yeah, but she still has a twisted sense of humour.

Anyone listen to CD Drama Sound Around?? I hope they animate it for season 2 because seems like a Lost Episode of Season 1. Listening to it I understand a few things that seem like loose ends first time.
She *always* have a twisted sense of humour if u ask me lol
Old 2007-07-16, 11:37   Link #243
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Stupid posting, I know, by me...but...second season? Dang, I've finally started watching the FIRST season (via Netflix) and have only seen the two measly disks released in the US. And there is already a fantastic SECOND season? Why is US so SLOW??? From what I've seen from the first, this series is easily one of the best out there...and now there is all of THIS to enjoy, too!

Want more want more!! Must learn Japanese and move to Japan for instant gratification!!!!!
Old 2007-07-16, 15:25   Link #244
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Stupid posting, I know, by me...but...second season? Dang, I've finally started watching the FIRST season (via Netflix) and have only seen the two measly disks released in the US. And there is already a fantastic SECOND season? Why is US so SLOW??? From what I've seen from the first, this series is easily one of the best out there...and now there is all of THIS to enjoy, too!

Want more want more!! Must learn Japanese and move to Japan for instant gratification!!!!!
The second season's just recently been confirmed, IIRC no actual broadcast date yet. This thread has mostly been speculation on what storylines the second might cover since there are no official details yet.
Old 2007-07-16, 17:09   Link #245
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
ohhh ok then my mistake. I just finished volume 4 and its very late im tired but i would like to ask for the people who have read all of the volumes so far (that would be 10 right) is their any indication that there could possibly be a Haruhi x Kyon pair because if there is not and they don't end together that would be a great dissapointment
No. Kyon dies, thus bringing a pall of sweet tragedy to the whole series...
Spoiler for Haruhi X Kyon:
Old 2007-07-16, 17:31   Link #246
UPR

oh well thanks for it maybe by the end they can become more of an official one
Old 2007-07-16, 18:09   Link #247
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
oh well thanks for it maybe by the end they can become more of an official one
Now, now, you're thinking like teary-eyed fan and much less pragmatically than I would approve of:

Haruhi and Kyon have obvious parallels of the myth involving Orihime and Hikoboshi. Effectively, Orihime and Hikoboshi can only meet once a year on Tanabata (unless it rains, in which case the meeting cannot occur).

Maybe Haruhi and Kyon are only destined to meet when all the planets are in alignment (or something along those lines)? It's quite possible given that Kyon is himself is as much a mystery as Haruhi is. (If Haruhi is not aware of her powers. What is Kyon not aware of about himself?) Tanabata possibly be foreshadowing that their relationship is doomed from the start. It does definitely suggest that their meeting has certain timeless quality about it. (The power of myth and all that.)

It depends, of course, entirely on whether Nagaru wants to take the series to a slightly less whimsical place. I'm hoping Nagaru is building up to some sort of stunning revelation down the line that was as engaging as when Haruhi was revealed to be not-so-ordinary.

Tragic love? Oh yes. Would that make you sad as a fan? Oh yes.

Would it immortalize the Haruhi series? Very much so. Nothing beats a good catharsis, but I suppose I'm more of a masochist than most people.
Old 2007-07-16, 18:14   Link #248
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oh so can't wait for this.

oh so hope we getta see more of Imōto-chan, I just found her to be just so adorable and cute

ah and can't forget my Yuki-chan, shes just awsome
Old 2007-07-16, 19:38   Link #249
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Now, now, you're thinking like teary-eyed fan and much less pragmatically than I would approve of:

Haruhi and Kyon have obvious parallels of the myth involving Orihime and Hikoboshi. Effectively, Orihime and Hikoboshi can only meet once a year on Tanabata (unless it rains, in which case the meeting cannot occur).

Maybe Haruhi and Kyon are only destined to meet when all the planets are in alignment (or something along those lines)? It's quite possible given that Kyon is himself is as much a mystery as Haruhi is. (If Haruhi is not aware of her powers. What is Kyon not aware of about himself?) Tanabata possibly be foreshadowing that their relationship is doomed from the start. It does definitely suggest that their meeting has certain timeless quality about it. (The power of myth and all that.)

It depends, of course, entirely on whether Nagaru wants to take the series to a slightly less whimsical place. I'm hoping Nagaru is building up to some sort of stunning revelation down the line that was as engaging as when Haruhi was revealed to be not-so-ordinary.

Tragic love? Oh yes. Would that make you sad as a fan? Oh yes.

Would it immortalize the Haruhi series? Very much so. Nothing beats a good catharsis, but I suppose I'm more of a masochist than most people.
anyway would i mind if they did not end up together i'll be a little dissapointed but not that much, this was not intended to be romance anime at that start it was something extra for us to debate. I have enjoyed reading the volumes and can't wait for the rest to be translated and will be awaiting the 2nd season as well just gonna have to wait and see what the author does. And by the way you TwistedReality in a earlier post you posted that Koizumi said Haruhi was quite beutiful id be remicent if I did not mention that Kyon has also mentioned it and on more than one occasion
Old 2007-07-16, 21:16   Link #250
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
anyway would i mind if they did not end up together i'll be a little dissapointed but not that much, this was not intended to be romance anime at that start it was something extra for us to debate. I have enjoyed reading the volumes and can't wait for the rest to be translated and will be awaiting the 2nd season as well just gonna have to wait and see what the author does. And by the way you TwistedReality in a earlier post you posted that Koizumi said Haruhi was quite beutiful id be remicent if I did not mention that Kyon has also mentioned it and on more than one occasion
("Remiss" is the word you're looking for.)

Yes, Kyon did mention that Haruhi was drop-dead sexy. That's not really my point. Koizumi has actually openly expressed his envy over Kyon's closeness to Haruhi, and it does come up again outside of the "Day of Sagittarius" episode. It's not simply that he considers Haruhi hot, he also admires her energy and personality. Kyon usually gets annoyed and brushes Koizumi off whenever he tries to reveal Haruhi's virtues as a prospective lover. He's usually the one that also forces Kyon to give her a fair assessment of her behavior, instead of letting him just brush her off as being insane. Mostly I took this to be Koizumi's way of looking after Haruhi -- that is his job after all. Aside from it being his job, however, Koizumi has come to sympathize with Haruhi quite a bit.
First Boy Wins:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph....FirstGirlWins

Which is why Koizumi won a lot of points with me. He's the kind of guy who'll never show how he really feels about something and just ends up choking it all back and smiling. He has a sense of humor and a certain measure of self-awareness. He knows he'll never register as more than a blip on Haruhi's radar and just accepts it. He's forced to play a bit-part and affect an air of calm, and does it so often that he comes to identify with being nothing more than a smug facade. That, and he's the guy who pulls up all the really interesting bits of commentary, speculation and philosophy.

In any case, romance is still a pretty major theme of Haruhi, even if it's not a romance anime per se. Most of the original conflict was Haruhi and Kyon's dissatisfaction with life, and most of that gets resolved once they meet each other. Even though Yuki was technically responsible for the conflict for Disappearance, it mostly serves to highlight just how adjusted Kyon had become to the lifestyle that Haruhi has created for him. Haruhi has effectively become his entire social life.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-07-16 at 21:36.
Old 2007-07-16, 21:44   Link #251
bl4xb0x
AKA Merlow
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bl4xb0x Send a message via MSN to bl4xb0x Send a message via Yahoo to bl4xb0x
For the second season, where would they start in relation to the novels? There are some great places to start.

If they want to pull the same things as they did last time, the whole a chronological deal, the main storyline focused from one novel, which one would they choose? I mean parts of The Trembling of Suzumiya Haruhi are already gone, unless they want to do the actual filming of the movie... They might go with Indignation, but that's a little far into the future...

Would they try to group some of the novels together and make that the main story line, with parts such as Rampage and Sighs interdispersed about?
Old 2007-07-16, 23:25   Link #252
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

My guesses for which stories will be used, assuming 14 episodes: (in chronological order)

Spoiler for novel stories:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Spoiler for Haruhi X Kyon:
Spoiler for a bit more Haruhi X Kyon:
Old 2007-07-17, 00:14   Link #253
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Spoiler for Hmm...:

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-07-17 at 00:25.
Old 2007-07-17, 00:27   Link #254
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Double post.
Old 2007-07-17, 23:01   Link #255
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
My guesses for which stories will be used, assuming 14 episodes: (in chronological order)

I see that you have ommited entirely The Trembling of Suzumiya Haruhi....

And I believe that you can't do that. First, "Where did the Cat go" has the "Cat", yet here you completely skipped the cat's introduction!

At least one episode, if not two, will have to be dedicated to the filming of the movie. Both for the Cat, and for explaining Haruhi's change of behaviour at the school festival. This is very important in tying up lose ends, before you-know-who can take center stage.
Old 2007-07-18, 00:14   Link #256
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I see that you have ommited entirely The Trembling of Suzumiya Haruhi....

And I believe that you can't do that. First, "Where did the Cat go" has the "Cat", yet here you completely skipped the cat's introduction!

At least one episode, if not two, will have to be dedicated to the filming of the movie. Both for the Cat, and for explaining Haruhi's change of behaviour at the school festival. This is very important in tying up lose ends, before you-know-who can take center stage.
I think you mean "Sighs", not "Trembling"...

Anyway, Shamisen would probably recieve enough screentime in "Disappearance" and some of the other short stories to make his appearance in "Where did the Cat Go?" quite understandable. But if you insist...

Spoiler for very minor "Disappearance" spoiler:

And personally, I never really thought Haruhi at the school festival was such a loose thread in the first place. Seeing as the second season probably won't mention a thing about the school festival, it seems rather awkward to insert an explanation of any sort into this batch of new information. Not that I think it's necessary, at any rate.
Old 2007-07-18, 01:54   Link #257
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I think you mean "Sighs", not "Trembling"...

Anyway, Shamisen would probably recieve enough screentime in "Disappearance" and some of the other short stories to make his appearance in "Where did the Cat Go?" quite understandable. But if you insist...

Spoiler for very minor "Disappearance" spoiler:

And personally, I never really thought Haruhi at the school festival was such a loose thread in the first place. Seeing as the second season probably won't mention a thing about the school festival, it seems rather awkward to insert an explanation of any sort into this batch of new information. Not that I think it's necessary, at any rate.
One way or another, the cat needs to be introduced. And people still needs to know how and why it talks. Several times in the later novels this will be referenced.

And I wasn't specifically talking about the festival; rather, the Haruhi before the film-making was not the same Haruhi after it. A significant event occurs in between that could not be brushed off. Thus some parts of the filming will have to be animated. And while they are there, they might as well introduce that cat.
Old 2007-07-20, 21:23   Link #258
Kristen
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler:

I really think they will adapt almost everything that is left before Volume 7 with this season. Anachronologically, of course, but definately like that.
I seriously am predicting a 3rd season of Haruhi. I think it will contain Volumes 7-10 chronologically in a 20-24 episode season. There's no other way to adapt it.
Old 2007-07-20, 23:47   Link #259
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I really think they will adapt almost everything that is left before Volume 7 with this season. Anachronologically, of course, but definately like that.
I seriously am predicting a 3rd season of Haruhi. I think it will contain Volumes 7-10 chronologically in a 20-24 episode season. There's no other way to adapt it.
What if we get a 2 cour second season? With 24 or 26 episodes, do you think that we will get all the stories up to volume 9?

Old 2007-07-21, 05:43   Link #260
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I doubt they'd end it with Where did the Cat go, that could be tacked onto the end of Snow Mountain Syndrome. Or rather then having two episodes for SMS, you could just have one and the other could be WdtCg. A possibly more appropriate ending would be the Valantines Day story, with the treasure hunting and the choclate giving, though to be honest I can't remember when that occured I haven't seen the books for a few weeks now.

Heck, they could push on into Novel 9... if they were going for a longer series. Or maybe save that for a 3rd series. Maybe finish the second one with a brief introduction of Sasaki...

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen