AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 15:56   Link #1
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Girl! ^^

Inspired by a butterfly girl that was present in one of my crazy dreams. This is the first picture I actually put effort into, hope you all like it! Please comment =D I threw together the background and made it desktop size for myself. I like how she is standing right on the top of my taskbar... she is supposed to be landing softly from flight. Anyhow, theres a few things I didnt care to do.. like add ears. I hope I got the shading right. I should spend more time on the wings to make them look more real, but I need to take a break. Criticism and comments welcome.

Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:10   Link #2
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
nice work and very good coloring job.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:17   Link #3
7thMethuselah

nice job, cool coloring, only one (small) remark, there's is something wrong with her hips, they look kinda unnatural to me can't really point it out, I think it is because at the left side of the pic her hips don't curve back while at the right side they do...

don't let that comment bother you, give us more
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:27   Link #4
cheez
duh?

Send a message via ICQ to cheez Send a message via AIM to cheez
You dream of butterfly girls? Wow, give me some of whatever it is you're taking!

Seriously though, nice work. Good job on the coloration, too.

Pointers: her neck is too thin, which kinda draws attention away from the head, and that's a shame . Also, as mentioned before, her right hip needs some curvature, even if you have her dress blowing from her left to right. Making it linear from her hip to her dress is probably the oddness that 7thMethuselah couldn't place.

Keep it up!
cheez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 16:33   Link #5
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Thanks =) Yea the hips. I wasn't sure exactly how the skirt/dress thing would flow in the wind so I took a guess. The left side is clinging to her side since iits being blown there and the right side.. well, I had nothing to refer to. There are no girls that can model one for me, aw =P I figured it was close enough. Do you think I should add in the right foot peeking behind the left? I tried that once and it made her look less balanced. I had no idea how to shade a dress, so I took a guess.

At least to me, she looks more kawaii when you look at her face close up.. I dont know what I ruined to make it look worse from far away, but its a shame. Maybe I should add a side facial shot on one side and call it a wallpaper =P

Thanks for the comments! =)
Old 2004-03-16, 18:12   Link #6
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Well done... maybe you could do something to the eyes... probably it is just my imagination but I think this butterfly lady squints.
Old 2004-03-16, 19:11   Link #7
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

what you could do is to make her body shape more sharp. so she will have a hot body :P
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 19:21   Link #8
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

lol, so im not the only one having crazy dreams lol.
Nice work, muhuhahahaha
Yama_Le_Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 19:42   Link #9
Sensei
Call me Milady

I really like it

There is something wrong but I can't target it, I'd say it's in the face, not the hip, but then again, I don't know anything about art. It's probably the lack of ears like you said

I saved it in my folder (Not that I'm stealing your art, just keeping it because.. I wuv you.) it was named Tulient-Girl, is Tulient her name ? Hehe sorry I like when people put names to their drawings.
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:01   Link #10
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
it's really nice...especially the coloring, but i have never seem anyone, even flying in pictures, that has ever been in that position, it's just so wierd... nevermind, it was just the dress, my bad, it's really nice, though the hips could be a little...rounder
Mr_Anonomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 20:11   Link #11
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Hehe no.. thats my uploading account name and it automatically tags the name. Though I should give her a name.. I wonder.... Naomi.. I like that name! =P

Now that I named her I'll have to tell you about her... haha!

Be warned, my dreams make little sense. She was a butterfly pokemon that I somehow met up with. I didn't catch her or anything - she just followed me around and did what I said. Now that I think of it, I dont know why she is a pokemon... but she was anyhow. Well anyhow, her and I were arrested for bumping a car in a parking lot. We were put in a big tower with no exit and only a tiny window. For some reason, she got mad from being captive and had one of those angry moment anime powerups and started ripping the wall apart. I joined in too, and we jumped out of the hole we made, somehow not dying from the 50 ft drop.
Well, she could fly.. but I just fell, apparently using chakra to slow my fall. I didn't know I could use chakra. Anyhow, a bunch of monsters attacked us and she used her attack and killed about 12 of them at once. I was getting beat up by 3 but she took out 12 with one attack =( After we killed them, my brother attacked me and I kicked him in the face Narusegawa style and jumped in the car and drove to Oregon - somehow. Even though its thousands of miles away, it was just down my street.
Well after we got there, she was free from captivity, don't ask me why? She flew around all happy like in her yellow one piece swimming suit. Who knows why. I decided to draw her in a more appropriate outfit. Anyhow, thats the end of the dream..

I don't know what is wrong with me.
Old 2004-03-16, 20:15   Link #12
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai
...I don't know what is wrong with me.
If I was Dr. Freud I'ld tell you
Old 2004-03-16, 22:54   Link #13
Demon_Spawn67
Kain

dun look at me for help

i killed my psycologist^^

as for teh pic...

th arms are to short and the feet are a lil weird as for the body it needs to be sharper.. and teh eyes are too big... thats pobably why they look squinty
Demon_Spawn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 01:41   Link #14
Chrn0

Send a message via AIM to Chrn0 Send a message via MSN to Chrn0
the pic looks sexay please show us more!(or me at least)
Chrn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 04:37   Link #15
PSX
SCEI

Send a message via ICQ to PSX Send a message via AIM to PSX Send a message via MSN to PSX Send a message via Yahoo to PSX
lol, thats pretty cool
PSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 11:39   Link #16
Funnylink

Send a message via AIM to Funnylink
pull down her head a little...it looks like its about to pop off . Everything else is good
Funnylink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 02:24   Link #17
Serendipity

Send a message via ICQ to Serendipity Send a message via AIM to Serendipity Send a message via MSN to Serendipity
You did a fantastic job,,,,don't put ears on her!! She only has a small head!!

Otherwise fantastic!
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 17:25   Link #18
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Talking

Lol thanks for all the comments. I want to fix her up but I don't have alot of time. I'm too busy watching anime! Scrapped Princess is my new favorite hehe. I hope to make some more in the future. I'm sorry though, I tend to keep my drawings more cute and less sexy. Please forgive me!
Old 2004-03-22, 17:27   Link #19
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Yha.. i really like it.. Im also really intrested in that dream that you had, that inspired that pic.. Overall, i suggest yha you should work on the shading, but other then that, i cant really find anything wrong with it.. GOOD JOB
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote