AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-11, 18:09   Link #481
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Leaving Hinamizawa is not a trigger to increase the disease's level. If anyone here read Onisarashi-hen, Natsumi's family was living quite a healthy life away from Hinamizawa.

Spoiler for And then...:

What increases the level of the disease is stress. In K1's case, it's because his hometown is connected to his past. If he were to leave for some other place, I don't think he'll have an outbreak. For Rena, it's the issues with her mother and the incident at her school. Satoko was under constant stress due to her previous fathers maltreating her. Satoshi's case was because of his "duties" as a brother (and he never left Hinamizawa in any case). Shion was because of Satoshi's.

You might also think that Shion already developed L2 when she was at the dorm school (?). That I can't speak about much.
Thatnks for the explanation, that leaves Keichi oitbreak question answered, since in the anime there are lots of things that were'nt explained.

Also we saw that Rena had suffered from Hinamizawa Syndrome before when she was at her scholl (in the past), it was L 3? or higher?(I dont think thats possible but still ask) Whatever the case how could she be able to not develope a higher Lvl? Thats something I've been wondering
Old 2008-04-11, 18:17   Link #482
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvUaN View Post
Also we saw that Rena had suffered from Hinamizawa Syndrome before when she was at her scholl (in the past), it was L 3? or higher?(I dont think thats possible but still ask) Whatever the case how could she be able to not develope a higher Lvl? Thats something I've been wondering
I'm guessing that she had gone up to level 5. She did try to kill herself after all and she was hallucinating about having maggot crawling in all of her veins, a symptom that reappears when she goes L5 again in Tsumihoboroshi-hen. The reason she didn't die at that point was that hearing Hanyuu's apologies made her think that what was happening wasn't her own fault and she no longer felt compelled to take her own life. This enabled her to become more stable and precipitated a drop in the lever of the syndrome.
Old 2008-04-12, 01:15   Link #483
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Wow so many Higurashi fans here
Come and join my new fan-forum for higurashi please guys~:
http://higurashi.freephpbb3.com/
I know there's a few people there but it's yet to be populated
Submit your force as a L5 patient XD
Old 2008-04-12, 19:03   Link #484
Kets

Can someone explains the meanings of each poem? I understand that the poems represent the true nature of each scenario, but can someone explain how?
Old 2008-04-12, 20:05   Link #485
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Can someone explains the meanings of each poem? I understand that the poems represent the true nature of each scenario, but can someone explain how?
I don't think anyone could find a explanation for any poem ( those one or any one ) than could satisfy everyone.
Old 2008-04-14, 05:38   Link #486
whiteferrero

ok i have another question! it's for the anime only arc, the one which is mostly Satoko POV. why was rena in the mountains? and what was the message that Satoko supposedly understood?

i'm guessing she was in the mountains coz she was playing around the the dump when she saw what happened and stuff then ran to the mountains to escape; but i dunno. what do you guys think?
Old 2008-04-14, 05:45   Link #487
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Rena might be watching were Satoko and Rika lived, for trying to helf if she could.
And the message ; The hinamizawa disaster in not a '' act of god'' or a natural disaster.
Old 2008-04-14, 12:44   Link #488
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteferrero View Post
ok i have another question! it's for the anime only arc, the one which is mostly Satoko POV. why was rena in the mountains? and what was the message that Satoko supposedly understood?

i'm guessing she was in the mountains coz she was playing around the the dump when she saw what happened and stuff then ran to the mountains to escape; but i dunno. what do you guys think?
Yakusamashi-hen ending is a bit similar to Taraimawashi-hen's ending, but they are both a bit iffy. That is, why did Rena tried to escaped by herself, and what's with the hat?

For some reason Rena was able to escape by herself (as we see Keiichi, Shion and Mion was in the classroom) for a bit before being excecuted by Yamainu: detective Rena probably sensed something was going on, found out that the disaster was actually man-made, and tried to escape to tell the world the truth. Yamainu got to her, did their cover up work, but the hat fell into the river and was found by Ooishi (In Taraimawashi-hen it is suspected that Rena killed a hamster, put it inside her hat, and let it flow down the river...that's to show that the hamster was not killed by the gas)
Old 2008-04-22, 21:42   Link #489
Rias

I've always wondered why Mion doesn't go L5, besides the possibility that the author forgot about her.
Old 2008-04-22, 22:11   Link #490
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I've always wondered why Mion doesn't go L5, besides the possibility that the author forgot about her.
Maybe one of the new DS Arcs has Mion going L5. But you have to admit there's a possibility that during the times she's held captive by Shion in Watanagashi/Meakashi she reaches L5
Old 2008-04-22, 22:18   Link #491
Rias

I can't help but to suspect that the Sonozaki family has some deals with the Irie Institute...
Old 2008-04-22, 22:33   Link #492
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
I can't help but to suspect that the Sonozaki family has some deals with the Irie Institute...
Or maybe Mion was born at L5

Spoiler for heh heh:
Old 2008-04-23, 01:21   Link #493
Rayneing
Trombe!

I think it's because she's, well, the next head of the Sonozaki family. She knows that they aren't up to any funny business, so she doesn't really have a reason to get suspicious of anyone. And she's the club leader, she' made it her personal responsibility to look after everyone else. I don't really think it's possible for Mion to go L5, considering the circumstances.
Old 2008-04-23, 01:32   Link #494
Eryops

Quote:
All the characters that go L5 have reasons that make them do so. People with Hinamizawa syndrome won't normally progress beyond L1; there needs to be something that drives them to it. For Shion it's her bitterness at losing her position as heir to the Sonozaki house as well as the boy she loved. For Rena it was her parents' messy divorce that she blamed herself for, as as the incident at her old school. For Satoko it was the fact that she believed that her parents didn't like her and saw her as a burden, which made her think that they were planning to kill her. For Keiichi its the suspicion that his friends are hiding things from him and that they might be involved with the Watanangashi murders.

Mion quite simply doesn't have something driving her towards L5 like all the other characters do.

Quote:
Are you suggesting that she's being treated for it? As Meakashi-hen showed us, the Sonozakis don't even know of the existence of the Irie Institution or of Hinamizawa Syndrome. They are completely unaware of the fact that it was the Yamainu who kidnapped the minister's grandson. The only person from Hinamizawa that knows about them is Rika.
Old 2008-04-23, 04:03   Link #495
Kanon-kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Don_Kun View Post
1) After Rena's famous "USODA!" scene, a numerous amount of birds in the tree behind her flew away, obviously due to the sudden loud noise. another hallucination?

2) The white van. Surely K1 could not hallucinate the fact that he was almost run over by a van.

3) Rika. In ep. 3 after Keiichi starts carrying around Satoshi's bat, Rika tells him that "you must not lose the bat". If K1 was never in danger in the first place, then why would Rika tell him he needs it for defense?

Spoiler for Answers:
Old 2008-04-23, 05:25   Link #496
oompa loompa

Ive heard a lot aboiut
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-04-23, 06:32   Link #497
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

we can only speculate for now, she is in umineko, and the link betweem umineko and higurashi is implied but not clear.
Old 2008-04-23, 10:52   Link #498
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon-kun View Post
Spoiler for Answers:
2. no that's not it. The yamainu was still under the order of Irie. They most likely went to fast and Keiichi felt he was assaulted.
Alas, the anime exaggerated it and showed the driver stopping and saying "tche", while actually in the game, the van doesn't stop IIRC.

3. Rika didn't know in "which" world they are all, especially that Onikakushi scenario isn't the easiest to figure.
The thing is that the bat is something precious for Satoko as it is related to Satoshi, so it would be troublesome to lose it.
Also on the other point, if Rika suggests keiichi to drop the bat, it will be too suspicious and Keiichi might think that Rika is also an enemy, asking for subtle disarm so they "can kill him with less troubles".

In either case, she cannot ask him to be careless with the bat, otherwise it will be way too odd.

duh, well they were answered quite a while ago...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-04-24 at 11:48. Reason: quote added
Old 2008-04-23, 12:10   Link #499
Kanon-kun
Banned

2. They weren't under the orders of Irie. Not really.O_o Takano had bribed them into being her henchman, which is how she was allowed to kill Tomitake. They did lots of things for her that Irie knew nothing about.

3. Rika's words to Keiichi about the bat make the most sense if viewed as her not wanting him to loose something important to Satoko-something belonging to her older brother who vanished.
Old 2008-04-23, 12:17   Link #500
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Ive heard a lot aboiut
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Closed Thread