AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 44 26.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 23.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 22.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 22.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.20%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-06, 23:55   Link #61
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And there is a suggestion that there will be 26-ish episodes....
Old 2010-04-07, 00:02   Link #62
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Holy shit bro, it's a show about four random teen age girls eating cake and playing music.

Tone down the theatrics, even I know better then to expect anything more then pillow stuffing out of this show.
Now now, you will see that I did acknowledge that I was probably asking the impossible. There are no real expectations in my K-On posts, just thoughts, ideas and simple challenges that aren't meant to be met.
Old 2010-04-07, 00:06   Link #63
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And there is a suggestion that there will be 26-ish episodes....
if im not mistaken there will be 9 BD volumes, but is there a source for that? if each disk carries 2 episodes.....18 episodes? what? no...if each disk carries 3 episodes....well looks like we could really be getting 24-26 episode season
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-04-07, 00:15   Link #64
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
It pretty much took the turn of Super Driver from Haruhi S2... However, the ED was pretty decent... better than the OP in my opinion...
Once again, I'm the only one who liked Super Driver..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Oh, and I looooooooooooooooooooooooove Mio's alternate look in the ending,
I didn't
I think she looked...like a lady who would have a job at a street corner
Not saying she looked bad. Just, older..
Old 2010-04-07, 00:22   Link #65
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It shouldn't come as a surprise since this is me, but I just loved this episode, much more so than S1. This is the K-On I have been waiting to see since S1. Within this chimera of a genre that the slice of life comedy type of series is, we are finally starting to move into my favorite niche, more and more SOL. More and more happy Proto.

As I have described myself several times before, unlike other type of series which focus on developing a plot, developing a character or their interactions, SOL focus more on developing a setting or a given mood. If there are two words that I could use to describe this episode, it would be relaxation and being easy going, and those are the two themes the antics of the characters gravitated around. Seeing it from that POV, the whole dynamics of the episode become much clearer, and overall incredibly much more enjoyable.

10/10.
Old 2010-04-07, 00:28   Link #66
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Yes confirmation of the episodes, number of discs would be handy.
Old 2010-04-07, 00:48   Link #67
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

K-ON!! is finally here.
Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-07, 00:53   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed that a lot. High production values. Nice writing. Great animation. Lovely mood. Perfect moe. Full of warmth and sweet feelings.

This of course is how I felt at the beginning of last season, but my interest petered out after a half-dozen episodes or so.

I was not overwhelmed by either OP or ED, but I feel as if they could grow on me. That "growing" part is especially true of the OP, which is a little more complex than anything from last year, I think.

2channel is having quite the festival, burning through a few thousand posts in the 24 hours leading up to the show (somebody kept posting "Mioooooooooooo!"), and now going at the rate of about 300 posts an hour, thirteen hours after the episode aired.

People seem fairly delighted with it, although there are pro and con posts regarding the OP. 2channel thinks there will be ~26 episodes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-04-07, 00:58   Link #69
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Ah, glad to have Yui back.

Old 2010-04-07, 01:00   Link #70
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yui playing at the beginning was great though since Iam a bit old LOL it reminded of Bill and Ted's guitar strumming.

The Op sounded like it was made out from the Vocaloid software...though the instruments in 3D were AWESOME!!!

The "NEW" look on Mio needs to grow on me, but glad they didn't go to that look with the other girls in the ending, glad they went for the casual look with a few accessories attached. The song in the end was great but didn't make that impact on me on the first season. Also the star there reminded me of Paul Stanley, I dunno if it's an easter egg or what, but since I listen to rock and heavy metal That's the first thing that popped out of my head when I saw that star.

Overall on my vote 9/10. Like Bill and Ted says Excellent!!!!
Old 2010-04-07, 01:01   Link #71
Horse

There are 9 DVDs/BDs announced with the first few having 3 episodes per disc so... 26 episodes seems like the right guess. The world is ending.
Old 2010-04-07, 01:10   Link #72
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well, am I may have heard Yui's guitar solo, saw the OP, and waited through the episode to hear the ending. Not that the episode wasnt good, I liked it alot.

The solo and the OP rocked. The ED was ok, but fell short of "Dont say lazy", but I liked it too.

Two things I really want to see this seaso:

The music to get a little more mature(Just a little, like PG to PG-13 instead of G, like the ending)

Mio singing, the character has a prettier voice, and id like to see her take on vocals for an extended period of time instead of maybe a song)

Bonus: More awesome beats like the guitar solo!

And that is all it would take to make this my most favorite series ever.

Also, I wonder if Yui, Mio, and Azusa get scouted. They seem to have that sort of talent, but since this isnt about that I am sure if it did happen, itd be at the end.
Old 2010-04-07, 01:47   Link #73
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Where are people noticing a bump in quality again? I honestly felt it looked a little weaker than last season with a lot of faraway low detail character shots and a tendency to go into that oft talked about literal moe blob style. I mean for a 720p series I can't say they really did much to take advantage of the higher definition outside of the pre-title guitar sequence which was IMO the only exceptionally animated thing in the entire episode proper.
Old 2010-04-07, 01:50   Link #74
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Didn't KyoAni said already that they won't do high-quality stuff (the realistic chord-by-chord guitar performance in "God Knows") because it's expensive and tedious for the animators?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-07, 02:14   Link #75
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
For the record, you're not.

Okay sorry to go off topic. What can I say that already hasn't been said? Glad to have HTT back!
Old 2010-04-07, 02:19   Link #76
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Lies, Super Driver and Tomare! were both good songs.

Anyway, I personally enjoyed the episode quite a bit, and I'm really glad to hear that this season's going to be 26 episodes from the looks of it. The whole "We're Seniors now, isn't that special?" feeling that the episode tried to convey completely fell flat for me, though, considering how not fleshed out the first two years of high school are. Freshman year lasted eight episodes, Junior lasted for six... how are we supposed to get a power rush, the feeling that we've reached the top of a tall mountain, when we've barely had enough time to be anything except Seniors? K-On's pacing thus far has been just slightly slower than Itazura na Kiss's, and that show actually had the excuse of covering 15 years. The chronology of K-On seems really screwed up to me... two years have just been completely glossed over, and it doesn't seem like two years at all because there's pretty much nothing to distinguish Year 1 from Year 3.

That aside though, I did enjoy the episode. And lol, Mio has a doppleganger.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-07, 02:33   Link #77
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Didn't KyoAni said already that they won't do high-quality stuff (the realistic chord-by-chord guitar performance in "God Knows") because it's expensive and tedious for the animators?
Id imagine its they dont do it because its tedious. As far as expense, Id imagine they could afford it. Could you imagine having to learn each indivual hand placement for a note on four different instruments and deliver something with proper timing in anytype of timely manner? Im just happy that handmovements are in rythm with the sound. I could only wish for more facial shots as Yui or Mio sing, I think just that is cool to watch.
Old 2010-04-07, 02:35   Link #78
Mercurius

First off:
Spoiler:
Loved the episode, it quickly filled the hole left by the end of Hidamari Sketch S3 (This moe thing is like a drug, can't get through a single season without 4-6 girls doing cute things). The animation and production values were quite high, although somewhat of a progressive change from normal KyoAni lighting style (see 9:38). If there was anything lacking, it was Mio. She seemed fairly non-involved throughout the episode. Other than that, this episode was chock full of "the gang's all back together again" warm fuzzy feelings.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to listening to Yui's awesome riff on infinite loop.
Old 2010-04-07, 02:42   Link #79
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

OK... the first scenes are great... the OP is great... but the fun just didn't last for me till the end of the episode (the school song bored me). I like Mio, but the ending theme kinda sucks... ED of 1st season was waaaaaaay better IMO. Please don't hate me fanboys, I'm just stating a personal opinion.
Old 2010-04-07, 02:49   Link #80
787B

Former OP is better than new OP.
the song is too fast to listen its Lyrics...
But,story and ED are  good. Sawako's Delusion is so cute.
Azusa ha oreno yome(ry  
Closed Thread