AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Mawaru Penguin Drum - Favourite Character(s) Poll
Takakura Shouma 40 49.38%
Takakura Kanba 33 40.74%
Takakura Himari 24 29.63%
Oginome Ringo 55 67.90%
Tabuki Keiju 9 11.11%
Tokikago Yuri 11 13.58%
Natsume Masako 22 27.16%
Watase Sanetoshi 16 19.75%
Double H (Isada Hibari and Utada Hikari) 7 8.64%
Mario 0 0%
The Princess of the Crystal 29 35.80%
Penguin #1 20 24.69%
Penguin #2 33 40.74%
Penguin #3 13 16.05%
Esmerelda the Penguin 19 23.46%
Other 8 9.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-29, 01:13   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Question Mawaru Penguin Drum - Favourite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to the Mawaru Penguin Drum - Favourite Character(s) Poll, the place when you can adorn you favourite characters and support them expressing all of your love!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to.

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:07   Link #2
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

My votes:

Shouma Takakura: Because it's funny, have a big heart and it's one of the characters with the most growth during the series. He comes in terms with his weakness and manage to fight destiny despites that.

Kanba Takakura: The Badass of the Takakura siblings, his courage during the entire run of the series and his tough guy attitude makes for a good bunch of awesome scenes.

Himari Takakura: While not as awesome as Kanba or conlficted as Shouma this little lady has a very courageous and selfless heart, it's very endearing to see her withstand all the harsships only thinking about pay back her brothers for all the happiness they give her.

Ringo Oginome: WOW! ...just WOW! easily my favourite character of the show, she's a completely ordinary high-school studen but despite that she's absolutely BADASS! has incredible developement growing a really big heart and also have the endearing courage to face life even when the universe itself seems to flat out hate her. She's not always successful in her attempts but the fact that she just don't gives up and always try her hardest until the very last breath really impressed me. She will be one of my favourite characters of all anime from now on.

And that's all, the rest of the cast, while also unique and awesome in their own ways, don't reached up to me as much as those four. Meybe because the story revolves clearly around those four. If i must choose someone from the supporting cast that will be Momoka/Princess of Crystal xD

SEIZON SENRYAKUUUUUUU!!!!!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-12-29, 04:37   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I simply love them all so i voted for all of them (well except for Mario and Double H since we didn't see much of them).
Old 2011-12-29, 05:21   Link #4
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Penguin 1, Penguin 2, Other (Penguin Queen).
Old 2011-12-29, 05:21   Link #5
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Penguins are an easy vote, along with the Princess of the Crystal as part of the comedy that really defined penguindrum.

I also pick Shouma and Ringo; a great couple with a story that really packs a strong punch to it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-12-29, 06:26   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh crap I really should've voted for "Other" as well. I just remembered that American guy in Masako's episode. XD
Old 2011-12-29, 09:09   Link #7
YayPepsi

I'm sure my favorites will shock no one - I voted for Kanba and Himari. XD

Kanba's been my favorite character and the person I could relate to best from the beginning. He's definitely taken a spot as one of my all time favorite anime characters. And I love him with Himari, so she ended up becoming one of my favorites throughout the series too. (Plus, she's just so cute.)

Edit: Oh man, I didn't notice the penguins on there! I would have tossed #1 a vote.
Old 2011-12-29, 11:30   Link #8
zeando
maybenotimome

momoka is lacking in that list, my other is for her
Old 2011-12-29, 12:25   Link #9
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayPepsi View Post

Edit: Oh man, I didn't notice the penguins on there! I would have tossed #1 a vote.
Same, but I would it #2 in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
momoka is lacking in that list, my other is for her
That's likely because she is largely a "Posthumous Character". Whatever we learn about her is through recollections of others, never herself truly though. Momoka in terms setting up the story, but ultimately minor in proceeding events.
Old 2011-12-29, 13:20   Link #10
Kirarakim

Voted for Shouma, Ringo, and Penguin 2. I meant to vote for Esmeralda too but when I tried clicking her on my iPod, it clicked vote instead.

Ringo is by far the best developed character of the series. She went from a character that thought about love for herself to truly loving others.

Shouma I feel is more a missed opportunity. I am not saying he didn't grow but as it comes almost at the very end it doesn't work for me. Still I couldn't help relating to Shouma, as I feel I have the same passive issues he does. And I loved the moments when he was not passive and his heart really shone through (saving Ringo from drowning, the car, Himari from the child broiler)

And Penguin 2 was IMO the funniest of the penguins with Esmeralda being the most fabulous.

Although I didnt vote for her I have to give honorable mention to Himari. I really thought she would just be a plot device but in the last half of the series she really came into her own taking an active role trying to get through to Kanba & Shouma.

Overall (and this was true for me with Utena too). I tend to think Ikuhara develops his female characters better than his male ones.

Edit: Oops looks like my vote for Esmeralda went into other!

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2011-12-29 at 17:05.
Old 2011-12-29, 13:32   Link #11
Grim_Reaper

Voted for Ringo (one of the best character development in anime I've seen... Also she's absolutely awesome!) and Sanetoshi (his appearance and voice are really exceptional. To me his voice actor is the best).
Old 2011-12-29, 16:02   Link #12
Razziell22

Kanba, Ringo, Himari, Penguin 1, 2, 3 and Esmerelda.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:04   Link #13
Kazu-kun

Everyone knows I love Ringo to unhealthy degrees , so Ringo it is.

Watching her go from this selfish brat who only cared about her needs, to a lovely young woman that was willing to sacrifice her life for her loved ones, was fascinating.

Then again, I'm one of those who loved her even when she was a crazy bitch, so I'm biased

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-12-29 at 17:28.
Old 2011-12-29, 16:54   Link #14
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ringo! Even though i couldn't stand her in the beginning
Old 2011-12-29, 19:19   Link #15
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayPepsi View Post
I'm sure my favorites will shock no one - I voted for Kanba and Himari. XD
I expected no less and I couldn't not have voted for them either. I definitely recognize myself in what you've said regarding liking Kanba, then consequently liking Himari so much because he shone with her. Then she got more and more opportunities to grow as a character and ended up wowing me regardless of the situation.

I did add Masako to my vote, because I thought her development was outstanding. The feeling of 'I didn't care for her so much before, but she's so damn awesome now!!' happened with a few characters in the series, but it was definitely the strongest with Masako. Then I went with Esmeralda as well for some epic kyuhuhu and #1 molesting.
Finally, I added PotC as well... partly because the seizon senryaku scenes were always such a blast, but also due to episode 12, which is definitely among my favorite Penguindrum episodes. The key scene with Kanba's scorpion soul had an incredible impact and made me realize that I was just hooked by this point.

As I've already said though, the whole Penguindrum cast was amazing and I could have voted for about anyone (I suppose I would just have left out Tabuki and Sanetoshi, which doesn't mean they weren't interesting in their own ways).
Old 2011-12-29, 23:02   Link #16
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The Penguins stole the whole series
Old 2011-12-30, 03:03   Link #17
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I still maintain that the series climaxed with Tabuki's kidnapping, and so he gets my top vote. Yuri is up there because it gives a measuring stick to compare Tabuki's actions to compare against, and this made that episode have that much more impact.

Apart from that, it was Himari and The Princess of the Crystal (Momoka) who advanced the story. I liked Himari because a lot of the drama and tension revolved around her, while Momoka I loved because she is the altruistic person in this series, and 'true good' types are so rare nowadays.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-12-31, 03:32   Link #18
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I picked Kanba and Ringo, probably the two best-developed anime characters of the entire year.

For sheer likability, Ringo is my favorite of the series.

But Kanba is very memorable, and I particularly liked him after he became more antagonistic, actually.

It was too tight between the two characters for me to pick just one, so I picked both. The entire cast was very strong though. However, with these sorts of polls, I try to limit myself to 3 or fewer choices.
Old 2011-12-31, 03:49   Link #19
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, Kanba's sexy voice can't be denied either.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-01, 13:21   Link #20
pessimistic_freak

Send a message via MSN to pessimistic_freak
@Archon Wing :

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes his voice. Even though it's kind of annoying when he yells or raises his voice, his normal soft voice (like when he talks to Masako in Episode 11 or when he coaxes Ringo towards the teddy in Episode 23) totally make me melt. :P

On to the topic : My votes go to Kanba, Ringo, Masako, Princess of the Crystal and Penguin #1 & #2

Kanba : I just love him. He has such strong passions which totally fascinate me. And I love his I'll-get-the-job done mindset. Watching him never bores me.

Ringo : I put her on par with Kanba. Her passion is just about as strong as his, nobody can stop her from what she tries to do. One more thing to add is that she has surprisingly good nature which is only revealed after 9 episodes past. This revelation is almost unexpected judging from how she behave at first and I think a lot of people, including me, have come to like her for this nice surprise.

Masako : Ah.. I tend to like strong characters. She runs the large corporation by herself and despite those problem about her brothers, she is still able to stay sane and strong for them. At first I shipped her with Kanba but too bad Ikuhara thinks it's a good idea to troll the audience then reveal later that they are...... hmph..

The Princess of the Crystal : Seizon Senryaku, period. Er..actually not just that, I like her bossy characteristic as well as her interactions with Kanba. I even shipped this couple for a while too. Moreover : that dress.

Penguin #1 &#2 : I think #1 is the coolest of all penguins. He's the most useful one and almost the funniest, second only to #2. He also reflects his owner the best. For #2, the thing I like about him most is his voice. Not only his 'kyu' but all of his cries. They make me smile every single time. His funniest scene for me is when he dived into the water seemingly trying to help Ringo then he just snatched the fish and headed back up. Haha, I still laugh at this scene till today.

(Sorry if my grammar is off. Usually I tried harder since English is not my mother tongue but I'm so sleepy now )

Last edited by pessimistic_freak; 2012-01-01 at 13:33.
Closed Thread