AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 16 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 15.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-26, 08:26   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - S2 - Episode 08 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Horizon S2, Episode 08.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-08-26, 08:56   Link #2
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

kinda disappointed with this episode

but Tenzou's determination saves the day
Old 2012-08-26, 10:41   Link #3
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Loved it when Horizon's armament fell to the ground and Asama had to cover for it. Poor Asama.
Old 2012-08-26, 11:53   Link #4
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-08-26, 12:01   Link #5
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Loved it when Horizon's armament fell to the ground and Asama had to cover for it. Poor Asama.
I can't believe what she said about it too. She really panicked there.

bgm when Masazumi and Elizabeth were at/in Avalon was really pleasant. Waiting for the ost to be released is too painful...

The scene with Toori trying to pull Excalibur caliburn while naked. My lungs almost burst into pieces.
Can't believe the trump let him do that naked though.

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2012-08-26 at 15:50.
Old 2012-08-26, 12:03   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
The scene with Toori trying to pull Excalibur caliburn while naked. My lungs almost burst into pieces.
Can't believe the trump let him do that naked though.
i thought he was doing a pole dance.
Old 2012-08-26, 12:07   Link #7
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

You're probably right...pole dancing would seem more fun an option to Toori than trying to pull it out.
Old 2012-08-26, 12:09   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8:
...no offense, but if you don't understand what's going on, please don't make assumptions/summary, it just doesn't help at all.
Toshiie simply state PA ODA can't agree with Musashi's plan regarding the DSA, and asks England to crush them right there right now, by supplying them a whole army of spirits, which he provides on the spot (if needed, he can summon 1 million, so basically overwhelm Masazumi claims England would take too much time to stop them). Therefore, if England wishes to do so (thus asking Elizabeth to command it), they can stop Musashi's tracks immediately.

Also, no, there isn't anything about Tenzou's past. Toori mentioned his recent scar, which actually means that Mary left a scar, thus she more or less stated that Tenzou is his type of man, despite he thought of the opposite due to the heal.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-08-26 at 12:19.
Old 2012-08-26, 20:23   Link #9
Nvis
Where are the good animes

More Elizabeth, please.
Old 2012-08-27, 00:44   Link #10
hoshino_crimsonwings

Wonderful episode, Tenzou's eye of the tiger in the end was very stimulating. Looking forwards to the next episode so very much!
Old 2012-08-27, 11:21   Link #11
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

OH MY GOD

DAKIMAKURA

<3 Asama

With that kind of dakimakura, why fear Toshiie's million spirit army?

Another awsm part.....Masazumi getting smacked on the head for fun

And for Musashi to be able to provide the naval resources for the Armada Battle, their production capability must be quite high...

And thus the real thing starts with P.A ODA setting themselves up to be the longtime enemy of Musashi

more importantly....what's the connection between the Nikyoumon and Toshiie....

the history recreation is far too cruel....really. It's really the fault of it that Mary and Elizabeth are facing this current state of things

Quote:
And there's a flashback focusing on how Mary Stuart is Elizabeth's twin.
To add, they're changelings. Because of the Bloody Mary history recreation, the Fairy Queen and Mary swapped roles before the former's asecension to the throne. After the Massacre of the 300, the scars that Mary received forever confirmed her identity as "Mary."

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-08-27 at 22:24.
Old 2012-08-27, 12:18   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Also...in case anyone didn't understand that last bit about the manifestation of the breakdown of the world in Avalon...

That black spring is a distortion in the ether leyline arising out of the downward spiral of the world to its destruction.

That spring has the property of breaking down whatever is thrown into it into ether and after that, completely annihilate it.

By rights, the ether that is the elementary building block of spacetime cannot be erased like that.

Things may change their form but the ether will always endure.

It is theorized by the English and the Protestants of the MHRR that the form the Apocalypse will take is like this, in which everything will become nothingness.
Old 2012-08-28, 14:07   Link #13
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
asks England to crush them right there right now, by supplying them a whole army of spirits, which he provides on the spot (if needed, he can summon 1 million)
Even after watching that with subs I still can't believe it, one million is one heck of a fighting force. >_>
The 5 Great Peaks are really something... PA ODA must be one heck of a nation to wage war against.
Old 2012-08-28, 15:22   Link #14
Bombo
TSF Fans

AHAhahaa asama what a great scene trying to cover about her weapon XD ... Amazing episode with tenzou <3 .
Old 2012-08-28, 17:24   Link #15
usspaul

omg i cant stop laughing at the part when asama had to cover up for horizons weapon falling. i think i now watched that scene like 10 times now.
Old 2012-08-28, 18:21   Link #16
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

great episode for me....

I like how Horizon destroyed Tres Espana's reasoning in simple statements... great job!

I don't really get why Elizabeth choose Musashi.... I mean... PA ODA offers a better squad (thousands of undead!) while Musashi only offer a fleet.... umm... Musashi's fleet shouldn't be more than those undeads
but well, P.A ODA won't be pissed off and fight England because they should obey the history

Asama is so cute.... being sacrificed like that in front of important people....
aww... how can she use that scary weapon as dakimakura... lol

seeing Avalon make some prediction that there will be a time when people understand well the apocalypse... and that will make all of nation stopped in 'doing this history stuff' and start to work together to prevent it (or even fight each other)

Toori's 'pole dance' isn't really funny for me... the funny part is Oxford Student Council students are watching him calmly while Elizabeth rushing to stop him... hahaha

I bet that Double Bloody Mary is the older sister.... they can easily swap because of that "Anglican incident" so I think the older sister sacrificed herself to take Mary position

and Tenzou... omg... that's cool, man! umm... Please tell me when did Tenzou got that 'new scar'... is it from fight with that "invicible sword" samurai?
and he'll make an announcement at the end of arc.... please.... let it be a marriage announcement... xD
Old 2012-08-28, 18:26   Link #17
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Thousands of undead doesn't mean that much: actually, they are only undead, so the only advantage would be their sheer numbers.

Musashi's fleet also includes their officers, which means: A god of War, 2 witches, a Divine Weapon wielder, a Miko, enormous ether reserve with a special supplier, several special agents etc.
Also, most of them have contracts with Shinto Gods, an ability for Musashi Residents that allows them to use shinto spells, and relying on offerings instead of only ether (that was considered by both Muneshige and Gin as a very troublesome point in season 1).
Finally, they have Horizon and her DSA, which alone trumps whatever Toshiie can pretend to offer.

Really, Musashi's firepower is by far much more destructive and useful than Toshiie undead army, which is why everyone in the meeting room were shocked to hear that, while Elizabeth was plenty satisfied with it.
Having a DSA is already a huge factor in battle, so a nation with 2 of them would definitely have an edge in a war, especially considering the one Horizon currently has, while Tres Espana will not be able to use their Testament Arma, so they would be stuck with only Byakko and their agents, and without any DSA to back their own army.

And no, that scar Tenzou got was when he shielded Mary when the convoy ship crashed in England, to which she was supposed to have healed it completely during the bath scene.
Old 2012-08-28, 18:39   Link #18
shadow1296

Man when he's not acting cool or expressing his love for horizon, Toori takes every chance he can get to troll everyone this episode showed it very well
Old 2012-08-28, 19:55   Link #19
Ray
Garnet

Rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling, rolling ~~

I really don't have much to say about this episode other than: a) it was great, b) Avalon is so pretty, c) I missed you and your antics, Toori (dat pole dance ), d) Masazumi is as sharp as ever, e) Asama's "dakimakura" is awesome, and f) the lack of Futayo makes me a very sad bunny.
Old 2012-08-28, 20:00   Link #20
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Thousands of undead doesn't mean that much: actually, they are only undead, so the only advantage would be their sheer numbers.

Musashi's fleet also includes their officers, which means: A god of War, 2 witches, a Divine Weapon wielder, a Miko, enormous ether reserve with a special supplier, several special agents etc.
Also, most of them have contracts with Shinto Gods, an ability for Musashi Residents that allows them to use shinto spells, and relying on offerings instead of only ether (that was considered by both Muneshige and Gin as a very troublesome point in season 1).
Finally, they have Horizon and her DSA, which alone trumps whatever Toshiie can pretend to offer.

Really, Musashi's firepower is by far much more destructive and useful than Toshiie undead army, which is why everyone in the meeting room were shocked to hear that, while Elizabeth was plenty satisfied with it.
Having a DSA is already a huge factor in battle, so a nation with 2 of them would definitely have an edge in a war, especially considering the one Horizon currently has, while Tres Espana will not be able to use their Testament Arma, so they would be stuck with only Byakko and their agents, and without any DSA to back their own army.

And no, that scar Tenzou got was when he shielded Mary when the convoy ship crashed in England, to which she was supposed to have healed it completely during the bath scene.
England has also earned P.A ODA's enimity....and P.A ODA is easily the strongest single faction around.

Well I think another factor why Elizabeth sided with Musashi is that it seems that deep down, she wants Toori to succeed and put a stop to the Apocalypse and the history recreation considering how the latter tore her apart from her sister.