AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-12, 02:37   Link #861
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Winx club is horrible. The make up, the wings.. the dress... sheesh...
Old 2013-07-12, 02:56   Link #862
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What about W.I.T.C.H. ? I enjoyed watching it.
Old 2013-07-12, 03:02   Link #863
NoemiChan
Banned

Never heard of it.. animated?
Old 2013-07-12, 05:30   Link #864
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Never heard of it.. animated?
Yes. It's based on an Italian fantasy, magical girl comic where the was a cartoon that aired from 2004 to 2006.

In my opinion, WITCH was much better thank Winx due thanks to it's plot, character development and comedy.
Old 2013-07-12, 05:34   Link #865
NoemiChan
Banned

Wait... I seen that comic or rather magazine... it's quite common... I thought it was Philippine based.....
Old 2013-07-21, 17:58   Link #866
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
I remember W.I.T.C.H. Watched it when I was younger. Definitely a LOT better then Winx club. Didn't even make it through one episode of Winx club before I dropped it. :P

It's been so long since I've seen it...I honestly don't remember if I've seen season 2 (and possibly other seasons?). I googled it and the comic book series (which was the source material for the show I assume) had it's last issue made in 2012. So there definitely is more to the series if they ever decide to pick it back up again.

As for Sailor Moon....Never seen it. But a remake of something this old is definitely welcomed as long as they go a different route then the original. Darker version that follows the manga better would definitely qualify as something that would be interesting. The original is probably aimed towards kids more and probably isn't something I would enjoy, so a more mature version of the show would be better. I await to see how it turns out. I might check this one out if I hear good things about it. :P

I have cameras in your head!

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 2013-07-21 at 18:08.
Old 2013-07-21, 18:55   Link #867
anime fan99

Sailor Moon....Never seen it. But However, from the little things I have heard about this anime the only Male character in the main cast taksido mask was a joke
Old 2013-07-21, 19:45   Link #868
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well to be fair, it was (at least the first season where Tuxedo Mask had a significant contribution to the plot) basically a genderbent damsel in distress story. No gender equality here...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-07-22, 03:07   Link #869
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well to be fair, it was (at least the first season where Tuxedo Mask had a significant contribution to the plot) basically a genderbent damsel in distress story. No gender equality here...
are saying After the first season he stop being Important to the plot or he stop being a joke
Old 2013-07-22, 12:38   Link #870
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
In the first few seasons of the Anime he was much more powerful than his Manga counterpart. He did provide some vital support in the Manga but it was ultimately Usagi herself that did much of the heavy lifting. While in the Anime, Tuxedo Mask came in and saved her so many times that it had gotten to the point where it became lame and predictable (especially his stupid speeches). Many fights he basically did most of the fighting, with Sailor Moon merely finishing them off.
It wasn't until the S Series the monsters were catching up to his power.

I liked him better in the Manga, where he tried his best to help Sailor Moon but it quickly got to the point where he couldn't do much for Sailor Moon and even felt vulnerable. He did eventually get his own special attack but all in all his power paled in comparison to Sailor Moon overall.
Old 2013-07-22, 15:27   Link #871
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
In the first few seasons of the Anime he was much more powerful than his Manga counterpart. He did provide some vital support in the Manga but it was ultimately Usagi herself that did much of the heavy lifting. While in the Anime, Tuxedo Mask came in and saved her so many times that it had gotten to the point where it became lame and predictable (especially his stupid speeches). Many fights he basically did most of the fighting, with Sailor Moon merely finishing them off.
To be honest in the anime it wasn't as much about his power as his timing, he didn't felt that much stronger to me he just strikes at the right time.

Quote:
That's where there was one of his most significant contributions imho, as sailor moon's first power up in S was due to a merging of their power of sort.
Old 2013-07-22, 21:54   Link #872
wisteria233

Quote:

I liked him better in the Manga, where he tried his best to help Sailor Moon but it quickly got to the point where he couldn't do much for Sailor Moon and even felt vulnerable. He did eventually get his own special attack but all in all his power paled in comparison to Sailor Moon overall.
Well it wasn't just that, in the manga, there actually an explanation most of the time for why he couldn't help. For instance the presence of the Dead Moon Circus made him sick. Plus in the manga his power was healing.
Old 2013-07-23, 03:37   Link #873
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Just seeing him cheering for Usagi is enough for me..... Weak he is... Strong he is.... don't give a damn... LOVE RULES!!!!!
Old 2013-07-23, 04:32   Link #874
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Wait... I seen that comic or rather magazine... it's quite common... I thought it was Philippine based.....
Offtopic!

I was one of its many fans in the Philippines. I even outright bought the issues one of my female classmates had and started buying the issues myself (up to the final Philippine release).

On-topic!

Despite the fame of the franchise, I think that having the new Sailormoon get postponed to a later date will affect its hype. To make things worse, however, "recent releases based on old franchises" don't seem to have the same content as the originals. We have Gatchaman, which is more social media and the internet than fighting mooks with bird-shaped weapons while wearing a bird-inspired outfits, and the Cyborg 009 movie, which involves fighting against GOD himself.

I hope that Sailormoon doesn't try to be too different from what it is known for: dual identities, romance and punishing monsters in the name of the moon.

By the way, what would happen to Sailor Pluto now that Pluto has been demoted from planet status?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-07-23, 04:37   Link #875
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

By the way, what would happen to Sailor Pluto now that Pluto has been demoted from planet status?
This is fantasy.. why bring scientific arguments here?
Old 2013-07-23, 04:43   Link #876
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, Sailor Pluto's been the butt of planet jokes after the IAU decision.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-07-23, 04:46   Link #877
NoemiChan
Banned

Well, she's hot.... I don't know if the fans how far the fans will go if Pluto disappears in the anime just because AIU says so...

I'm not a fan of her since all her concern was on raising Saturn....
Old 2013-07-23, 04:53   Link #878
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I've liked all the original 9 Sailor Senshi. Pluto was nice, so were Uranus & Neptune, and Saturn was really great too. I hope to see them all again...
Old 2013-07-23, 08:13   Link #879
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I would find it very dumb to not bring her back... not the least reason of which is because she's one of my favorite characters.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2013-07-23, 21:01   Link #880
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are already a set that aren't planets. Sailor Vesta, Sailor Ceres, Sailor Pallas, and Sailor Juno....as well as Sailor Moon.

Tags
remake, shoujo