AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-02-08, 11:25   Link #28981
bio9205
Reborn

For me, I don't like any of the OYW suits at all, their styles are just too ridiculous for me. (Except for the Gelgoog and Z'gok, I love those 2. )
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 11:36   Link #28982
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Just browsing Gundam Guy and saw the lightning Zaku and just reminded me I don't have Zaku(I know shame on me) so just throwing it out there but whats everyone's opinions on any Zaku's you have yourself.
To me the Zaku is kind of a must have for any Gunpla collector just like the RX-78, even if they don't really like them that much.

1/100 would be preferred scale but 1/144 are ok as well.
I'm not a UC fan, but if I was, I'd probably just stick with lead suits (and variations) which is what I do with Wing, 00, and Age MG's...

So like:

RX-78-2 2.0
MK II AEUG 2.0
MK II Titans 2.0
Zeta 2.0
ZZ
Nu Gundam Ver. Ka
Unicorn OVA Ver.
Unicorn Full Armor
Unicorn Banshee
...etc
Old 2013-02-08, 11:47   Link #28983
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hey, I’m the same . I don’t have any Zaku (yet). Why? Because (surprise, surprise) I’m not a big fan of those Zakus. Their designs aren’t bad really, but I still think the Gundams and other customized suits like Hyaku Shiki, Sazabi, Sinanju, etc look cooler. Plus, I still haven’t completed my “must buy” list yet and Zakus don’t even make the top 20 in it . As for “mono-eye” MSs, I do have HG Tieren Taozi (and Beargguy if you want to count that). If I were to begin collecting Zaku though, I’ll definitely start with either MG Johnny Ridden Zaku II 2.0 or MG Shin Matsunaga Zaku II 2.0. Those two are amongst the most badass Zaku designs.
LOL thats exactly how it is for me as well, not a big fan of the Zaku and still got loads others to get but thought I'd gather some thoughts and opinions on them before hand.
Don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon but I will get one eventually

The Shin Matsunaga one is def one to consider, rather like the white scheme quite alot.
Old 2013-02-08, 11:56   Link #28984
Providenceangle

Yeah I have to admit, I'm not huge on Zakus either... I own the Char's RG, just because I wanted to see the detail of the kit. The Shin Matsunaga looks pretty cool! Sucker for white suits, regardless of make.
Spoiler for image:
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 19:55   Link #28985
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Me only like high mobility type zaku ( Johnny ridden & shin ver) due to its oversize bazooka

Fave uc mono eyes are high mobility zaku, gelgoog & Gouf custom
Not forgetting ksatriya & sinanju

Last edited by duotiga; 2013-02-08 at 20:53.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:29   Link #28986
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
For me, I don't like any of the OYW suits at all, their styles are just too ridiculous for me. (Except for the Gelgoog and Z'gok, I love those 2. )
HOW COULD YOU???!!!!!

GOUF AND GOUF CUSTOM!

DOMS!

THE EFREETS!

THE ADORABLE ACGUY!

RX-78-3 G3 Gundam!

I personally love Zaku's, there's something about the simple yet sturdy design I really like

And like the rest of you guys my favorite are the high mobility types, especially Shin Matsunaga's (like alot of you mentioned white suits ftw)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 20:31   Link #28987
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
HOW COULD YOU???!!!!!

GOUF AND GOUF CUSTOM!

DOMS!

THE EFREETS!

THE ADORABLE ACGUY!

RX-78-3 G3 Gundam!

I personally love Zaku's, there's something about the simple yet sturdy design I really like

And like the rest of you guys my favorite are the high mobility types, especially Shin Matsunaga's (like alot of you mentioned white suits ftw)
I personally cant wait for Gundam the Origin, cuz we will probably be seeing a whole new OYW line in MG and HGUC >w<

Edit: oops I double posted.....thought I hit edit but apparently hit quote....,owell
Old 2013-02-09, 03:47   Link #28988
Akyra

Hey guys,

Anyone here have the MG IJ?

How does it compare with the new MG seeds?

Only asking to determine whether I should wait for a possible v2 release (I doubt it since the IJ was released only 4 years ago)...
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 05:27   Link #28989
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post
Hey guys,

Only asking to determine whether I should wait for a possible v2 release (I doubt it since the IJ was released only 4 years ago)...
I have one. It's an excellent kit. It's big and tall with great articulation (certainly not below the newer SEED GAT Gundams MGs). The kit itself (mine at least) is solid as a rock including the flyer pack (once you attach it, it will go nowhere). There's one problem though, the beam saber handles on the side skirts like to fall off most of the times you touched them. Aside from that, it's a great kit with great design and color imo. MG Injus will definitely look good beside MG SF and the newer SEED MGs. In fact, my MG Duel is dwarfed by Injus in terms of height. No need to wait for version 2.0. Get it now!
Old 2013-02-09, 05:49   Link #28990
Skye629

Quote:
Hey guys,

Even if they made a 2.0/Remaster I highly doubt there is much they can change on the kit, thats how good it is, all the colors are right too (unlike SF >.>)

And its those SEED DESTINY MGs that really set the standard for MG quality when they came out, they're on par with the MG 2.0 kits (probably better in terms of pulling off cool poses too, SEED MGs are made to do that)
Old 2013-02-09, 05:58   Link #28991
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
MG IJ i have also. Is a hell of a solid kit with a varieties of accessories for the fantum backpack , leg cutters & duo lance mode for the beam saber.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 06:09   Link #28992
RX93-2
White Unicorn

What's with people wanting newer versions of perfectly fine models. :/
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 06:43   Link #28993
Akyra

RX, just making sure I am getting a good suit. Strike's getting a revision so I thought Bandai might wanna milk it this year (to coincide with the whole Destiny remaster thing).

Anyway, thanks guys. Much appreciated for that.

Heading back to HK later this year so I'll be buying the 5 GATs and IJ. Probably Tallgeese while I am at it..ahaha.
Old 2013-02-09, 08:02   Link #28994
maknaedik

What IJ had that the newer once won't ever have is that its armor on the thighs splits. That gimmick wasn't restrained on the newer once. MG SF had that too, but its beam rifle has stickers while MG IJ has a separate plastic part. The only painting you'll have to do, or I recommend you doing, is to paint its inner frame with something else. Not chrome, I did it and it will just scratch the paint. So go for silver leaf or gunmetal if you want. Its silver is just horrible.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 08:06   Link #28995
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
RX, just making sure I am getting a good suit. Strike's getting a revision so I thought Bandai might wanna milk it this year (to coincide with the whole Destiny remaster thing).

Anyway, thanks guys. Much appreciated for that.

Heading back to HK later this year so I'll be buying the 5 GATs and IJ. Probably Tallgeese while I am at it..ahaha.
Oh gotta ask, you know of any really good places to buy?
I looked up the net and had a good walk about but didn't have a great deal of time to find all the places.
One recommended place was a shop in the Yan Building in Mon Kok I think anyway, didn't get to go there but I did go to the Ying Ming Model Company store which is pretty good.
It's not the cheapest prices but it's alot cheaper than me buying off the net and they had a great selection of kits, loads to choose from.
I did find a couple of small stores about that were pretty cheap, one had Buster for $215 which I'll def be picking up next time I go back.
Old 2013-02-09, 09:41   Link #28996
Akyra

Thanks maknaedik. Will give it a go.

Bonta, I found a pretty neat place in Sham Shui Po called Fook Le that sells them. The guys there are quite nice and managed to source 5 MGs for me within a day. (I found them on Thursday and needed it by the next day). -> eg. Tallgeese for $240 HKD.

You can find them near the Golden Comp Arcade. (look them up on Facebook...).

Mongkok had a few places but they are usually more expensive (most likely due to the rent) but I did find a place in the "Toy Building" that sells them at "average" prices. (The guy gave me a wtf look when I told him I wanted to buy 5 MGs, all from Wing series, in one go).

I haven't tried some of the New Territory places cos I just cbf traveling there considering the exchange rate is 1 AUD to 8 HKD.

Another one is Kanto Hobby. I dunno if they still exist (didn't check last year) but i remember the PG Wing was going for $800. This was around 6 yrs ago though..ahahah

FYI http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/932/Hong+Kong.html < try that link...it might give you some ideas...

Re Buster, where did you see that? That's a really good price!

Anyway, I live in Australia where everything is double in price. I had to buy the First release of SF in NG 1/100 because of the stand here and that went for 60 AUD (x7 back then for HKD).

That's 420 HKD!!!! (The MG FA Unicorn is $560 HKD)

Last edited by Akyra; 2013-02-09 at 09:42. Reason: Dannychoo's link
Old 2013-02-09, 10:07   Link #28997
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

The Fook Le one was one I wanted to go to but didn't get the chance to.

Just checked up on the one in Mongkok and it's in the Yan On Building, seems highly recommended.

Don't think I read about Kanto Hobby one, will look into that.

The Buster was at a shop in Fanling, just in the shopping arcade outside the train station(love how most of the shopping malls are just outside train stations)
However don't quite quote me on the price, not 100% sure after thinking about it, I might have misread but I think thats what it was, either way some of these small shops in places like that sell pretty cheap.
That shop is where I got my Blue Frame for about $300.

My brother lives in HK atm, might actually get him to get me the kits and send em over
Old 2013-02-09, 11:06   Link #28998
Akyra

Fanling's pretty far from where I am planning to stay. Lol.

Went to Yan On (that's the place with heaps of BB guns right?). They seemed to be slightly pricier than Fook Le. Give that one a go...you won't be disappointed (just watch out for the cats...ahahah)
Old 2013-02-09, 13:09   Link #28999
Providenceangle

Just another toss in for MG IJ. It's a great kit! I have to agree with maknaedik, the inner frame isn't exactly, a good colour. I found mine had bad flow lines as well. It's mostly hidden, but would benefit from a new paint job.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 13:13   Link #29000
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Just get Gundam Marker and paint up the frame..

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy