AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-08, 00:09   Link #181
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wait, do both sides have actual experience in "real" battle?
Old 2013-03-08, 00:11   Link #182
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yes they do.
Old 2013-03-08, 00:11   Link #183
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Among the current personnel, nope... unless some veterans from the Vietnam War are already among higher-ups in the ROK military staff.
Old 2013-03-08, 00:13   Link #184
sa547
*Author

Damn, Fatboy's got worked up he wanted to own Samsung so that he could have a Galaxy everyday.
Old 2013-03-08, 00:13   Link #185
orangejuicetang

By all accounts I've been hearing though, any actual escalation in conflict between north Korea and south Korea and the USA would probably end very poorly for the N.korea.

If it does come to conflict though, the most important question is what actions China will take, imo.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2013-03-08, 00:17   Link #186
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Yes they do.
I think only their granpas are..
Old 2013-03-08, 00:37   Link #187
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I wonder if they can shoot it down. That is sort of what they would have been trained for in the Cold War.
I certainly hope they do. I don't want to wake up one morning and realise that there are no more Korean or Japanese lolis left to cuddle because they have become part of the KPA.

Quote:
ROK does - through the KATUSA programme.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-08, 00:38   Link #188
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am guessing there is only 1 use for their MRBM and that single nuke : it is meant for the 7th Fleet.
Would be real screwed up if next thing you see, Aegis destroyers in Yokosuka down unidentified inbound object...
Old 2013-03-08, 00:42   Link #189
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Would be real screwed up if next thing you see, Aegis destroyers in Yokosuka down unidentified inbound object...
I was hoping to see a Gundam instead. Blowing the whole thing out of the sky with a railgun.

On the other hand, I have an old friend who reliquished his PR and went back to SK, and served in the Border Guard Division. Wondered if he got recalled and he will be ok.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-08, 01:21   Link #190
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Vietnam War, for starters.
Old 2013-03-08, 01:24   Link #191
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was 40 years ago. Though I imagine ROK troops have been involved in other operational theaters since then. Can't say if the North Koreans have any combat experiance off their own border. Did the Soviets, Chinese or other allies have them involved in any conflicts since 1953?
Old 2013-03-08, 01:28   Link #192
LeoXiao
思想工作

IIRC the North Koreans have pilots who flew jets for other countries in their conflicts, also I'm not sure if this has basis in reality but one of the guys in the movie Joint Security Area said something about having been in Africa, so maybe the North Koreans also sent ground troops to fight there.
Old 2013-03-08, 01:36   Link #193
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hah... You'd think that after his dad died and a new person came to the thrown, North Korea (the government) would have settled down a bit, but nope, as much as a thorn to the side of the world as ever.
Although I feel sorry for the civilians, if North Korean has to start a fight, I hope they keep it in the Koreas. There is stuff I care about in China, Japan, and the US.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-03-08, 01:51   Link #194
LeoXiao
思想工作

Eh, the RoK could easily crush the North with only a few tens of thousands of casualties on its side. The issue is that such a loss of life would be too obvious a result to be politically viable (someone would get blamed for it), and also the RoK would have to deal with re-integration of the North which could mess up their economy.
Old 2013-03-08, 02:03   Link #195
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends, I suppose, on how North Korea deploys their rather limited nuclear capability in war, if at all. With a theoretical yield of 6 kilotons, North Korean nukes wouldn't be up to even World War II standards in terms of city busting power. However it could be used tactically against the ROK forces, or US/UN positions, either on the border, or against any Naval activity to relieve such forces (7th Fleet or any US Expeditionary Force sent in responce to North Korean aggression).

Though if the old Cold War rules stand, they use a nuke, they get nuked in return, just harders and more permanent like.
Old 2013-03-08, 04:09   Link #196
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Though if the old Cold War rules stand, they use a nuke, they get nuked in return, just harders and more permanent like.
It's stupid. So NK declares she has nukes. So what? Other nations has nukes. No matter how much nukes NK has, if she starts the war, she'll be one who will suffer the consequences in the end... As if only the US and SK will be the only country who she will be battling with.

This is a chance SK awaits to unify the peninsula.
Old 2013-03-08, 04:19   Link #197
Sumeragi
Banned

I get the feeling there is a power struggle going on with Kim Kyong-hui currently in a bad condition. This is probably to keep a lid on things as Kim Jong Un straightens things out.
Old 2013-03-08, 04:24   Link #198
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Depends, I suppose, on how North Korea deploys their rather limited nuclear capability in war, if at all. With a theoretical yield of 6 kilotons, North Korean nukes wouldn't be up to even World War II standards in terms of city busting power. However it could be used tactically against the ROK forces, or US/UN positions, either on the border, or against any Naval activity to relieve such forces (7th Fleet or any US Expeditionary Force sent in responce to North Korean aggression).

Nukes don't exactly work. MacArthur proposed it during the Korean War and tacticians disapproved because of natural blast containments like valleys and dense forestry.

Old 2013-03-08, 04:30   Link #199
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Nukes don't exactly work. MacArthur proposed it during the Korean War and tacticians disapproved because of natural blast containments like valleys and dense forestry.
Huh, I've always thought that it was disapproved to avoid having China to "really" join in and "officially" declare war and opening WW III..
Old 2013-03-08, 04:31   Link #200
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Huh, I've always thought that it was disapproved to avoid having China to "really" join in and "officially" declare war and having WW III very early..
I am talking about a tactician's opinion, not a politician's opinion.

Closed Thread