AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-07-07, 16:21   Link #1921
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Yeah, Carim is more likely the big sister, and Schach would make more sense than Hayate. I've probably been reading StrikerS Nano too much...

Also, LOL @ Arisa's "What?! Those two are still at it?!"
prescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 06:10   Link #1922
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

CD1 comes to an end, uploading 23-24 later today, this post will be edited.

SSX 21-22

Update: SSX 23-24

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2009-07-20 at 09:45. Reason: Update
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 17:03   Link #1923
prescience
Friendly Satanist

W00t, more SSX!

Hmm... listening to 22 again, it seems like airport fires are a common occurrence...
I initially thought they might be referring to the same one as the flashback at the beginning of StrikerS, but that was only 7 years back. I suppose it could be 4.5 years before StrikerS, and SSX could be 3.5 years after, but that's a bit tenuous.

Given that Ixpellia seems to be making a comeback of some sort in ViVid, I wonder if we'll see any of Rune or Waltz again? Random thoughts....

Looking forward to disc 2. Pity about the lack of Signum, though...
prescience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 17:09   Link #1924
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Hmm... listening to 22 again, it seems like airport fires are a common occurrence...
I initially thought they might be referring to the same one as the flashback at the beginning of StrikerS, but that was only 7 years back. I suppose it could be 4.5 years before StrikerS, and SSX could be 3.5 years after, but that's a bit tenuous.
Woha, I thought it was the flashback fire too, but now I see it isn't... which means it's interesting territory to explore.

Old 2009-07-21, 11:29   Link #1925
Jimmy C

Maybe that's why the one Subaru was in was the Eighth Coastal Airport. The other 7 burnt down already.
Good job finishing CD1, AtomicoX. Any chance of releasing this as a full subbed video?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 11:47   Link #1926
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Good job finishing CD1, AtomicoX. Any chance of releasing this as a full subbed video?
Yes, that's what I'm planning for, as downloadable since Youtube don't take more than 10 min. When CD2 is done, I'll work on that, although that's later this year... when I get the time and skills in Vegas.

Old 2009-07-21, 12:30   Link #1927
Jimmy C

That's nice. It'd be nice if it was softsubbed mkv too. Much nicer that way.
Old 2009-07-21, 12:42   Link #1928
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Sadly, I do not have any kind of experience in such... it's worth looking into though, it's an area I'm interested to research.

EDIT: Now I noticed my knowledge of .MKV and subs overall is very lacking. If you have some sort of info source with such things (currently googling) that would be helpful. Info from sub groups and such would also help so I can explore and improve.

Last edited by NorthernFallout; 2009-07-21 at 12:54.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:41   Link #1929
Jimmy C

There's the fansub groups forum here. That'll get you started.
You managed to get the subs timed to the audio, that's most of the work already. Next, join the audio together to form a single track and do the same for the subs. Is the black background a true video or a placeholder provided by youtube? If it's a true video, then you have all the components you need to form a softsub mkv already.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:45   Link #1930
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Right, now why didn't I think of that... that's me right there.

Yea, it's a black background I insert in Vegas, so true vid. I've tried a few programs now used for subbing, explored a bit, so I'm understanding the theory behind it. I'll check the fansub forum next.

Old 2009-07-27, 00:08   Link #1931
Nagumo
Random Translator

SSX Booklet

Page 03

Prologue

The central/pivotal/principal city of the interdimensional worlds, Midchilda.

Some time has passed since the Capital was attacked by the full-scale city-wide terrorist plot, the [JS Incident].

The JS incident, which had begun with the [Relic Case], gave rise to a Division to counter it. As a result of resolving the JS Incident , the Division responsible for breaching the mystery, [Mobile Six] was disbanded/dissolved since it’s raison d’être ended. It is now the third summer since then.

Once again, in peaceful Midchilda, a new incident begins.

As a result of an outbreak/occurrence of the [Mariage Case/Incident] at the Mid Coastal/Bay area, the former Mobile 6 Stars Team, Forward partners: Teana Lanster and Subaru Nakajima, reunite once more.

The mysterious actions/movement of the Mariage, the hibernating/incubating (Note: kanji means fetal movement) [X]

Midchilda shall burn once more.
Old 2009-07-29, 12:06   Link #1932
Nagumo
Random Translator

Page 06
Waltz Stan
Division/Association: Harbor/Bay Security Forces' Disaster Relief Department: Special Rescue Force/Team

The Commander of Disaster Relief within the Harbor/Bay Security Forces and Subaru’s superior officer. He is the frontline commander responsible for isolating/partitioning the area of the disaster.
Once a frontline Disaster Relief member/rescuer and has the most experienced on the ground. A brotherly commander, well respected and trusted by younger members in the Harbor/Bay Security Forces

Runessa Magnus
Division/Association: Faurus Main Headquarters, Regional Judicial Affairs Bureau

Teana’s temporary Aide/Assistant, an Investigator involved with the “Mariage Case” for the last two months. An extremely serious person who is a perfectionist with work. And thus is greatly trusted by Teana.
Old 2009-07-29, 16:48   Link #1933
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post

Thank you!

Offhand, how does "Investigator" differ from "Enforcer" in their original Japanese context (i.e. do you know any specifics of how the Japanese use the two positions IRL?)?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 17:34   Link #1934
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Seems like SSM4 will be purely Yagami-ke centric :
Old 2009-07-29, 23:14   Link #1935
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Thank you!

Offhand, how does "Investigator" differ from "Enforcer" in their original Japanese context (i.e. do you know any specifics of how the Japanese use the two positions IRL?)?
Where to begin.

Let's begin with Investigator. Another word I could have used was Forensic Analyst (which I used once in SSX somewhere) or simply Analyst.

The kanji comes to 'kanshikikan', roughly meaning; judgement; judgment; discernment; discrimination; having eye for.

It gives the feeling of someone who looks closely at a scene. I choose investigator probably because I couldn't remember what term I had used previously in my translation.

The next is Enforcer.

The kanji comes to 'shitsumukan', roughly coming to mean; performance of one's official duties.

I believe that Enforcer is a investigator of internal affairs or of the like within the TSAB. But it's hard to say, the anime, manga and drama cds were never really clear what the heck they do.

I had toyed with the thought it meant flag officer or commissioned officer of some sort. But by then, I had translated 'shitsumukan' as Enforcer in practically all my drama cds.
Old 2009-07-29, 23:26   Link #1936
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Well, I likened Enforcer to FBI

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 00:29   Link #1937
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Seems like SSM4 will be purely Yagami-ke centric :
FULL VERSION

Need to kill Aaron using this image

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 02:10   Link #1938
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Cheers, we'll get more info on the Yagami family
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 05:20   Link #1939
aers
*Fansubber

Found a bigger version on 2ch.

aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 05:36   Link #1940