AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-03-24, 16:23   Link #241
Paraden1989

A prediction of upcoming story plots for the Fishman Island Arc.

In the Skypiea arc, Eiichiro Oda made Skypiea a parallel to heaven, so I wouldn't be surprised if he made Fishman Island a parallel to Hell because it would be "under the sea."

I think that the future story plot for the Fishman Island Arc will be that a bunch of fishermen, from the Shabondy Islands, would be trying to take over Fishman Island. A battle between fishermen and Fishman with the Straw Hats in the middle of the whole thing!!!!!
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 22:49   Link #242
ellifeedn
Thinker

^What about the mermen?

As for my theory.
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 20:34   Link #243
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
As for my theory.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 21:16   Link #244
Thursaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
In the Skypiea arc, Eiichiro Oda made Skypiea a parallel to heaven, so I wouldn't be surprised if he made Fishman Island a parallel to Hell because it would be "under the sea."

I think that the future story plot for the Fishman Island Arc will be that a bunch of fishermen, from the Shabondy Islands, would be trying to take over Fishman Island. A battle between fishermen and Fishman with the Straw Hats in the middle of the whole thing!!!!!
Actually, to your logic, Skypeia was a parallel to heaven, yes, but Oda had a hell hidden inside it in the form of Enel. It's possible that Fishman Island seemed like a hell (though I doubt it xD) but actually be a heaven in disguise. You know, Jimbei being a Shichibukai to protect Fishman Island from the World Government, or some such unlikely thing. Yes, I realise my own theory is unlikely. xD

Another theory of mine is that Smoker may join the Straw Hats, unlikely as that is. Smoker may discover something bad about the World Government and be kicked out of the Marines, thrown into the water to drown, after which Luffy might order Zoro to save him or something similar. After which he might, upon discovering Smoker's situation, ask him to join, prompting a shocked reaction from the crew. xD It's unlikely, but still!
Thursaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 13:16   Link #245
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursaz View Post
Actually, to your logic, Skypeia was a parallel to heaven, yes, but Oda had a hell hidden inside it in the form of Enel. It's possible that Fishman Island seemed like a hell (though I doubt it xD) but actually be a heaven in disguise. You know, Jimbei being a Shichibukai to protect Fishman Island from the World Government, or some such unlikely thing. Yes, I realise my own theory is unlikely. xD
I actually like that theory. The whole heaven inside hell thing, it could be that the island looks like a really rough place filled with dangerous looking people and creatures, but the place is relatively peaceful.

I have this theory that perhaps the fishmen's hatred towards humans stem from the World Government possibly having control over the island, not just fishmen are superior to humans.
Old 2008-04-22, 19:10   Link #246
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i could see that. also if and yes it is a big IF Jimbei is there than he would keep the bad out and protect the people. he could be the good Shichibukai out of the lot. seeing as all the ones that we have seen in detail all want more power.

Jimbei could have the same morals and values as the Strawhats.

this is way out there but it would be good to see.
Old 2008-04-23, 15:09   Link #247
Paraden1989

I think it would be awesome if the straw hats find out that Oz came from Elbaf, but it would really be funny to find out that Oz was an ancestor of ether Luffy or Jaguar D. Saul.
Paraden1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 19:40   Link #248
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
A comrade of mine came up with this while we were watching the Funi DVD's.

The mini-arc where they meet Gaimon, the guy trapped in the treasure chest. It just seemed too out of place and insignificant to warrant any place in the storyline. But, as has been stated, Oda loves his foreshadowing and he tends to make even the most mundane events into major turning points/symbolism for later on.

When the Strawhats do get there, will there even be a treasure left? Will someone have beaten them to it? An even then, if there is nothing there, how would they all react? My comrade figured, what if Gaimon's little story was an overall representation of the story? I could see Oda doing it.
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 18:41   Link #249
ellifeedn
Thinker

This is something that I came up with when the crew set sailed for Fishmen Island in the manga (warning: there be some spoilers in this farfetched idea of mine) and while I made a few changes here and there to reflect the current events of the story, the original premise is still there.
Spoiler for some manga spoilers:

I know some will think that I'm copying things from Code Geass, and while I did watch it, I didn't start that series until the middle of its second season.
Old 2008-11-14, 12:51   Link #250
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Spoiler for Long Plot "Theory":
Old 2008-11-16, 06:58   Link #251
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
Spoiler for Long Plot "Theory":
Spoiler for plot theory question:
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 11:30   Link #252
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukou View Post
And you know what, I'm just fine with the Davy Back Arc being just as you say it is. Not everything in the world needs to be inter-connected, that's just not realistic in itself and can get rather... repetitive after a while. It was nice to see something merely for the purpose of random entertainment.

Besides, you can't rule out that this arc may have connections outside the series. Maybe Oda's making allusions to some other media; some movie/game/etc that he happens to enjoy. Maybe this just came to him randomly through his dreams and he was compelled to go with it. Maybe he just did to waste time...

But at any rate, the series has yet to end so we can't be 100% on whether or not this arc will have some relevance later on in the plot. Maybe the only importance of this arc was meeting the Foxy Pirates because they'll be recurring characters much like Hachi was. After all, Oda does have a way of digging up the most miniscule of details half-way later into the series, just look at Brook and Laboon.

Not that I'm trying to disprove anyone or anything like that, I merely ask that we keep our minds open. The possibilities are endless...
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 13:45   Link #253
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Spoiler for response:

Last edited by iKumdo; 2008-11-16 at 14:13.
iKumdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 15:11   Link #254
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
And you know what, I'm just fine with the Davy Back Arc being just as you say it is. Not everything in the world needs to be inter-connected, that's just not realistic in itself and can get rather... repetitive after a while. It was nice to see something merely for the purpose of random entertainment.
Actually it looked more like he made that fight just to continue the joke of Luffy gaining different attributes from random things. Such as his fight with Crocodile, and Water Luffy, then there was his fight with Oz as Nightmare Luffy.

I think the funniest thing about these are that the villains actually call him by these names... I mean who would really think to start calling him "Mizu Luffy"?
Rinji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 20:37   Link #255
Tsukou

Quote:
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-16, 21:49   Link #256
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-17, 07:54   Link #257
Tsukou

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-17, 13:18   Link #258
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
Actually it looked more like he made that fight just to continue the joke of Luffy gaining different attributes from random things. Such as his fight with Crocodile, and Water Luffy, then there was his fight with Oz as Nightmare Luffy.

I think the funniest thing about these are that the villains actually call him by these names... I mean who would really think to start calling him "Mizu Luffy"?
That was a really good running gag, too. We need to have more Luffys. What with upcoming events, why not Sexy Luffy? (Female form, duh!)
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 02:33   Link #259
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-18, 18:58   Link #260
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I think that Franky will find a special Devil Fruit that would allow him to turn his body into any kind of mechanical tool

I have writen a post about my idea for the Meka Meka no Mi in the make your own Devil Fruit

Link
||
\/
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2061126#post2061126
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote