AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-25, 16:29   Link #241
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Nagi and Zange came from same source so their bond is very deep. Zange might appear to be mean but actually she cared for Nagi a lot hence trying to revive her god personae back into dominant instead of whimsical girl human personality. But it means Nagi will leave the human world and everything Jin loves about her too.

I think the ending will be bittersweet with Tsugumi fill in the shoes left by Nagi and Zange as Jin's love interest.
Old 2008-11-25, 20:04   Link #242
Joachim
et tu, brute?

how about hakua? what actually will happen to the poor girl if zange "leave" her?
Old 2008-11-25, 20:40   Link #243
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
how about hakua? what actually will happen to the poor girl if zange "leave" her?
Dying.

What else you can expect?
Old 2008-11-25, 23:33   Link #244
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
Will be added to Nozomu as his suicide partner...
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:33   Link #245
Used Can

Suddenly, Hakua became taller.
Old 2008-11-26, 03:42   Link #246
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Nagi and Zange came from same source so their bond is very deep. Zange might appear to be mean but actually she cared for Nagi a lot hence trying to revive her god personae back into dominant instead of whimsical girl human personality. But it means Nagi will leave the human world and everything Jin loves about her too.

I think the ending will be bittersweet with Tsugumi fill in the shoes left by Nagi and Zange as Jin's love interest.
That could be a possible ending but also get the feeling that the two Nagi's may somehow split, the "Goddess" Nagi will die or leave Jin while the "human" Nagi will stay with Jin.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 23:23   Link #247
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
'cept the goddess' hosted body is at least tens of years old (maybe older). AFAIK, once the magic that once protected the host is gone a persons body is to age back to it's supposed state meaning, once the goddess leaves Nagi's body her body will be old or perhaps even die depends on how many years she actually has lived.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 00:40   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Very creative ideas.... but I'd offer that speculation about Zange, Nagi, or Hakua's fate should probably have some basis in Shinto lore.
Old 2008-12-03, 17:55   Link #249
Used Can

I don't think Zange's and Hakua's situation is complex. Zange is only borrowing Hakua's body (with her consent). I assume Zange will go once Hakua gains some self-confidence.
Old 2008-12-04, 02:55   Link #250
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
it is more like after Zange completed Nagi's memory. After that, I don't think she has anymore meaningful role to play in human world.
Old 2008-12-04, 15:13   Link #251
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think Zange's and Hakua's situation is complex. Zange is only borrowing Hakua's body (with her consent). I assume Zange will go once Hakua gains some self-confidence.
Well, Hakua's personality is complex. And her body is Zange's (pun intended).

I hope Zange can get a wooden flesh. It's simply beyond my imagination that Hukua lives a life without her beloved Zange-chan. Let them marry, they must!
Old 2008-12-04, 19:53   Link #252
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
'cept the goddess' hosted body is at least tens of years old (maybe older). AFAIK, once the magic that once protected the host is gone a persons body is to age back to it's supposed state meaning, once the goddess leaves Nagi's body her body will be old or perhaps even die depends on how many years she actually has lived.
The initial state was a wooden sculpture. If the goddess leaves, there's no magic power left, so it's kinda impossible for Nagi to continues on, no? Also we don't know Hakua's body's gonna aging or not if Zange leaves her, but the manga probably will finish soon, so even if she ages back to her "supposed" state, it would still be an young girl at most?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 20:52   Link #253
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
The initial state was a wooden sculpture. If the goddess leaves, there's no magic power left, so it's kinda impossible for Nagi to continues on, no? Also we don't know Hakua's body's gonna aging or not if Zange leaves her, but the manga probably will finish soon, so even if she ages back to her "supposed" state, it would still be an young girl at most?
What you are talking about? Hakua is the age she looks, and it's not like Zange never leaves her.
Old 2008-12-04, 22:56   Link #254
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
I'm under the impression there is more to Nagi than meets the eye. I'm not completely sold by the wooden sculpture thing even thought both manga and anime shows otherwise. Nagi appeared before Jin when he was a kid and now here she is again, whether she had the same vessel before is unknown, at least to me. So far from what the manga have told us, Nagi have another personality; Nagi and a goddess. Her body be it human or a sacred wood from the tree "Kannagi" is unclear.

Spoiler for moonspeak:

then again, it's moonspeak.

Also, Zange/Hakua is not the same. Hakua was possessed when Hakua was still a child, and it's years have passed since it happened so technically speaking she will still be her current age if Zange leaves unlike Nagi.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 23:13   Link #255
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
Also, Zange/Hakua is not the same. Hakua was possessed when Hakua was still a child, and it's years have passed since it happened so technically speaking she will still be her current age if Zange leaves unlike Nagi.
Hakua was not a kid when they met. She was at least in junior high. And since her father might have locked her up for quite a while till she finally broke. I wouldn't be surprised if it only happened within one year before Nagi's tree is cut.

But you are right on the conclusion. Hakua wouldn't change physically if Zange leaves, which is a proven fact.

Hakua when not possessed and Hakua when possessed. She changes, but definitely not pysically.

Last edited by herbert; 2008-12-04 at 23:28.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 02:49   Link #256
Cinocard

I don't think to "leave" and to give back the body possession are the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
What you are talking about? Hakua is the age she looks, and it's not like Zange never leaves her.
What are you talking about?
Even if the host does not age with a goddess inside, if the body returns to the "supposed state", Hakua is still a teenager. I think you misunderstood me.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 04:32   Link #257
herbert

Quote:
I don't think to "leave" and to give back the body possession are the same.
Alright, they are not the same. Here is what Hakua looks like if Zange gives back control but still remains inside of her. I didn't care to mention, I thought it wasn't needed.

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Even if the host does not age with a goddess inside, if the body returns to the "supposed state", Hakua is still a teenager. I think you misunderstood me.
It seems I did misunderstand. So you assumed that IF Hakua doesn't age (like ten years from now) because Zange stays with her, there would an instant jump of 10 years in age for Hakua if Zange suddenly leaves?
Old 2008-12-05, 07:30   Link #258
SidVicious
Anime addict

Kannagi manga suspended

According to Comic REX magazine, Takenashi Eri's manga "Kannagi" will be withheld from publication for some while due to the bad physical condition of the author. It's unknown when the manga will resume publication.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=55694
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 07:55   Link #259
Key Board
Carbon

Why do I think she had a mental breakdown because of childish fanboy rage?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 08:24   Link #260
Pachael
原作通り

That's terrible. Wish her a quick recovery.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, shounen