AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 20:01   Link #4781
Swiftflyte
I AM ...me

I have no idea, i also have been wondeirng of the relationship between C.C and Lelouch, i assume it is a yes however there is no way to confirm that and i guess unless it is said in the story or said by someone in CG we will never know for sure.
Swiftflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 20:05   Link #4782
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Romantic love is not the only meaningful one.
But yes, there's a possibility that C.C. had at least some romantic feelings for Lelouch. It's far from proven, but possible.
Old 2010-01-06, 02:12   Link #4783
Zantetsuken

Are you sure Lelouch doesn't love C.C.? In S2 24, there was certainly a moment of "something" between those two before Kallen shows up.
Old 2010-01-06, 03:14   Link #4784
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Word of God confirmed that Lelouch does not have romantic feelings for C.C.. This does not mean he didn't love her as a friend, of course, nor does it mean that C.C. did not have romantic feelings for him.
Old 2010-01-06, 03:24   Link #4785
Zantetsuken

Did Word of God literally said Lelouch does not have romantic feelings for C.C.? If that's the case then it's highly probable (99.99~%) that Lulu have other kinds of feeling for C.C.
Old 2010-01-06, 05:20   Link #4786
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
yes, they literally said that he does not view her in such a way
Old 2010-01-06, 05:46   Link #4787
Zantetsuken

Hehehe, a good way to confirm two points at once, the wording gives it away
Old 2010-01-06, 05:54   Link #4788
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
Hehehe, a good way to confirm two points at once, the wording gives it away
wait... what ?
Old 2010-01-06, 06:27   Link #4789
Zantetsuken

No I'm not. And what I mean the creator acknowledged there was "something" but that something is not romance. Don't make baseless assumption flamer
Old 2010-01-06, 12:21   Link #4790
Dr. Casey

So it's been confirmed that Lelouch didn't have romantic feelings for C.C., but he did have them for Shirley. Guess that means the only ambiguous relationship is how he felt about Kallen.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:48   Link #4791
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
So it's been confirmed that Lelouch didn't have romantic feelings for C.C., but he did have them for Shirley. Guess that means the only ambiguous relationship is how he felt about Kallen.
it wasn't confirmed he had romatic feelings for shierly either
nothing is confirmed about how he DID love
only one specific thing is denied : C.C
Old 2010-01-06, 12:58   Link #4792
Dr. Casey

It might not be confirmed that he liked Shirley, but I'd be very surprised if that isn't what the creators had in mind. There's the end of R1 episode 12, for example (He's just as much into that kiss at the end as Shirley is), and whenever Shirley asks him at the end of 14 whether the person he's visiting is someone he loved, he says "Right now... I don't know anymore." Or that one game in R2 with the blue and pink hats, where Lelouch acts flustered the whole time he's alone with Shirley. It would be nice to get a Word of God some day regarding Lelouch's feelings for Shirley, because I'm betting they were more than friendly.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 14:06   Link #4793
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Which they won't do. They shut out C.C., because that relationship was never a normal one, but they're not going to screw over Shirley or Kallen tio make the other seem like the OTP.
Old 2010-01-06, 23:20   Link #4794
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
Are you sure Lelouch doesn't love C.C.? In S2 24, there was certainly a moment of "something" between those two before Kallen shows up.
The feeling doesn't necessarily have to be love/romantic love to describe a strong affection. The world we live in, the universe of code geass, and even the word "romantic feeling/love" itself (or feelings in general) is so absurd that we cannot really confirm how Lelouch felt(except for the romantic one) and the same of course goes for C.C..

Ok, we can go to Wikipedia and check how the word is defined there, but in reality the definition of what the word "romantic" really contains varies a lot, and therefore it's uncertain to an extend how Lelouch can feel about C.C.

I think the word "romantic feeling" in this particular case means something sexual(as it usually does, or as such I have come to know it). There was never sexual tension between C.C. and Lelouch (ChiChi was an exception though), therefore it should be quite clear that Lelouch didn't have romantic feelings for C.C.

As for how Lelouch/C.C. feels, maybe there is a far stronger bond/feeling between the two of them than the romantic feeling. And yes, personally I do believe there exists a far more pure feeling/affection than romantic felling/love, but whether Lelouch/C.C. had such a feeling toward the other one is up for each of us to interpreted as they see it.
Old 2010-01-07, 00:17   Link #4795
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
The feeling doesn't necessarily have to be love/romantic love to describe a strong affection. The world we live in, the universe of code geass, and even the word "romantic feeling/love" itself (or feelings in general) is so absurd that we cannot really confirm how Lelouch felt(except for the romantic one) and the same of course goes for C.C..

Ok, we can go to Wikipedia and check how the word is defined there, but in reality the definition of what the word "romantic" really contains varies a lot, and therefore it's uncertain to an extend how Lelouch can feel about C.C.

I think the word "romantic feeling" in this particular case means something sexual(as it usually does, or as such I have come to know it). There was never sexual tension between C.C. and Lelouch (ChiChi was an exception though), therefore it should be quite clear that Lelouch didn't have romantic feelings for C.C.

As for how Lelouch/C.C. feels, maybe there is a far stronger bond/feeling between the two of them than the romantic feeling. And yes, personally I do believe there exists a far more pure feeling/affection than romantic felling/love, but whether Lelouch/C.C. had such a feeling toward the other one is up for each of us to interpreted as they see it.
Read my next post
Old 2010-01-11, 01:24   Link #4796
Used Can

Actually, I don't think anything about Lelouch's feelings was mentioned in Code Geass The Complete. Here's the first paragraph:

Quote:
シンジュクでルルーシュを見つけたC.C.は、彼を窮地から救うためにギアスを与える。
ギアスの強大な力に酔い、己の望みを叶えるための戦いに没頭するルルーシュに、
C.C.は「お前と私は共犯者だ」と宣言する。それは、マオを育てた経験から生まれた自衛策。
意外なことに、ルルーシュは共犯者という立場を尊重し続けてくれた。
身代わりや交渉役は頼まれたが、母親や恋人役を求められたことは一度もない。
C.C.は、ルルーシュによって初めて”パートナー”という対等な立場を知った。
Other than the basic things like she gave the Geass power to Lelouch, it also said C.C. told Lelouch "You and I are accomplices." It also said that after the experience of raising Mao, C.C. developed a sense of self-defence (I suppose this refers to her lack of association with whoever made a contract with her). However, surprisingly, Lelouch respected her standpoint as an accomplice. Whilst he asked her to play the role of his double or a negotiator, he never requested her to play the role of a mother or a lover. For Lelouch, C.C. was a partner he recognised as his equal.

So, rather than saying Lelouch didn't love C.C., this is basically saying Lelouch never became like Mao.
Old 2010-01-19, 19:25   Link #4797
Betteroffer

There was a relationship chart for the characters (I think it was part of the special edition Zero Requiem DVD, but correct me if I'm wrong) that used pink lines and arrows to connect characters that had romantic feelings for each other. While several girls have pink lines pointing to Lelouch, C.C. is not one of them, and neither does a pink line point from Lelouch to C.C.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 20:09   Link #4798
Seitsuki
Onee!

I was always of the understanding that the two were moral support for each other, as comfort during hard times, rather than romantic interests. Doesn't stop the shipping tho.
Old 2010-01-19, 20:13   Link #4799
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
I was always of the understanding that the two were moral support for each other, as comfort during hard times, rather than romantic interests. Doesn't stop the shipping tho.
Ironically enough, it's probably the most popular and widespread ship throughout the fandom.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 23:32   Link #4800
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
While several girls have pink lines pointing to Lelouch, C.C. is not one of them, and neither does a pink line point from Lelouch to C.C.
I don't think that means much, honestly. That chart would basically follow what we saw in the anime, just like the status charts we used to have. For example, Kallen, Kaguya, Millie and Shirley had blatant feelings for Lelouch/Zero. Can we say that about C.C.? I don't think so.

It's the same with Lelouch. Personally, I think it was implied he had feelings for Shirley. However, that was never made blatant. So, that cannot be shown in the chart.