AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-28, 18:11   Link #301
MezzoDragon

Someone better take this license and make the new dub from the start.
Old 2007-09-28, 23:40   Link #302
chrno_the_sinner

You're repeating yourself. Geneon still has the license, I'd almost place money on the fact that they'll go the Kadokawa USA route, as previously mentioned. I'm not expecting a new dub. It wasn't that bad anyways. It certainly improved with the second volume. I actually almost like it now. The sense of dread in Keiichi's dub was absent from the first volume, but definitely there in the second.

Besides, the Japanese was just too wonderfully acted to be recreated by anyone. They did have the drama CDs for practice. The Japanese actors were HORRID in the Onikakushi drama CD.
Old 2007-09-29, 00:18   Link #303
MarthX

They need to include extras to give fans an incentive to buy it.
Old 2007-10-02, 04:38   Link #304
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Went to my local BestBuy today and I was quite surprised to see that theres volume 3 already released.
I guess I hadn't gone to Best Buy in a while, but after hearing all these news about Geneon and such, I thought Higurashi would be stuck on volume 2...I hope they can ship out volume 4 before they close off any shipping movements of their DVDs by the end of November.
Old 2007-10-02, 07:17   Link #305
MezzoDragon

Even if volume 4 is shipped out, that may not give us the complete series.
Old 2007-10-02, 10:57   Link #306
User65554
Disabled By Request

^It won't. I think I saw on a list of releases that they're only releasing 3 of the 6 before the cut off date.
Old 2007-10-02, 11:46   Link #307
MezzoDragon

What'll happen to the other six? How will they be released? They better be released somehow.
Old 2007-10-02, 11:51   Link #308
GyroidFanatic

You mean "other three", and we have no idea
Old 2007-10-02, 14:22   Link #309
MezzoDragon

Sorry for getting the number wrong. And, they better decide something to get those three out.
Old 2007-10-05, 18:33   Link #310
grgspunk

Say... Has anyone considered emailing the guys over at Bang-Zoom to see what's going to happen to this license, as well as any other Geneon licenses that they've been in the process of dubbing? Appearantly, an Ocean Studio rep told the forum posters at ANN that production on Black Lagoon was still going, and that they still intend to release the series one way or another. If Geneon itself is unwilling to say whether the licenses are going to be in a limbo or not, then maybe we can ask the dubbing companies?
Old 2007-10-05, 19:31   Link #311
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgspunk View Post
Say... Has anyone considered emailing the guys over at Bang-Zoom to see what's going to happen to this license, as well as any other Geneon licenses that they've been in the process of dubbing? Appearantly, an Ocean Studio rep told the forum posters at ANN that production on Black Lagoon was still going, and that they still intend to release the series one way or another. If Geneon itself is unwilling to say whether the licenses are going to be in a limbo or not, then maybe we can ask the dubbing companies?
When there's something to tell us, they'll let us know through a press release. People are often bound by their jobs to not disclose anything "unofficially" until it has been officially announced.
Old 2007-10-06, 02:47   Link #312
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Higurashi 3 Is Out In Best Buy Now?! Do Want!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-10-06, 07:06   Link #313
Eric the Grey

I picked up the first disk last night before work, and have to say that besides the horrific laughter that Rena's VA gave us, the English dub is not all bad. I'll probably watch the DVD's using the original and subtitles though.

It's too bad I picked it up, horrid box and all (what the hell were they thinking?), before reading all of this thread. Here's hoping it gets picked up by someone soon.

Eric the Grey
Old 2007-10-06, 21:32   Link #314
grgspunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
When there's something to tell us, they'll let us know through a press release. People are often bound by their jobs to not disclose anything "unofficially" until it has been officially announced.
It wouldn't hurt to ask the dubbers though, would it?

Last edited by grgspunk; 2007-10-07 at 01:03.
Old 2007-10-07, 05:15   Link #315
chrno_the_sinner

Considering that subtitling is continuing for Nanoha and Zero no Tsukaima, I'm sure that the other titles are being done as well.
Old 2007-10-07, 09:52   Link #316
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgspunk View Post
It wouldn't hurt to ask the dubbers though, would it?
Of course not. I'm just pointing out that you probably won't receive a reply beyond the usual non-answer given in this kind of situation.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though.
Old 2007-10-07, 12:49   Link #317
FireChick

Quote:
Higurashi 3 Is Out In Best Buy Now?! Do Want!
I did see Higurashi 3 at Image Anime yesterday while I was in New York. I feel like sending a letter to Geneon regarding taking the Kadokawa route. I don't plan on doing THAT unless more bad news goes up. Sorry about that. I feel like an idiot.
Old 2007-10-10, 17:13   Link #318
grgspunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I did see Higurashi 3 at Image Anime yesterday while I was in New York. I feel like sending a letter to Geneon regarding taking the Kadokawa route. I don't plan on doing THAT unless more bad news goes up. Sorry about that. I feel like an idiot.
Write and send the letter anyway.
Old 2007-10-10, 17:35   Link #319
User65554
Disabled By Request

Yeah, like people have been saying, even though it may not achive much, you're not losing anything from it.
Old 2007-11-15, 18:33   Link #320
Hypertaost
I misspelled, it's toast

Does the liscence also cover higurashi kai? It's not illegal to download higurashi kai is it?
Closed Thread