Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-09-03, 14:08   Link #1961
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
thank you, also what kind of paper goes in a bamboo steamer, not baking paper right =P
just bought one today and was wondering what to put in it so that the food doesnt get stuck to the bamboo
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 14:41   Link #1962
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
thank you, also what kind of paper goes in a bamboo steamer, not baking paper right =P
just bought one today and was wondering what to put in it so that the food doesnt get stuck to the bamboo

Googled it up and two sites gave smiliar results

* Parchment paper

* Lettuce

Quote:
Another helpful hint is not to allow the food to come in contact with the steamer and you won't have sticking, or rancidity. Use a bed of lettuce or other fresh leaves, or parchment paper

Lot of helpful Tips
http://www.helium.com/items/82638-ti...amboo-steamers

Quote:
You can place the food directly upon the slots, or over lettuce or parchment paper to avoid sticking.

http://www.asiarecipe.com/steamer.html
I personally would go with Lettuce leaves ^o^
Old 2008-09-03, 15:14   Link #1963
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Googled it up and two sites gave smiliar results

* Parchment paper

* Lettuce

I personally would go with Lettuce leaves ^o^
parchment paper is that like normal paper paper? I'm dutch so I know what specific kind of paper that is

edit"silly me found out that it is baking paper or atleased what I call baking paper, like what you do in your cake shaped can
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 16:22   Link #1964
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
edit"silly me found out that it is baking paper or atleased what I call baking paper, like what you do in your cake shaped can
Yeah pretty much the same thing . As your in netherlands you could buy it from Lidl Supermarket. Heard its lot cheaper there and as your not baking so shape wont be a question, so you dont have to go for pre cuts .
Old 2008-09-04, 05:56   Link #1965
MitsukiPearl

Send a message via MSN to MitsukiPearl Send a message via Yahoo to MitsukiPearl
Yush `sir! ^o^
MitsukiPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 12:10   Link #1966
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me how i can use my Windows Movie Maker with MKV and MP4 files?
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 13:22   Link #1967
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me how i can use my Windows Movie Maker with MKV and MP4 files?
I'm somewhat guessing you can't since it's an unsuported format by microsoft, as far as I can tell.
Old 2008-09-04, 13:53   Link #1968
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I'm somewhat guessing you can't since it's an unsupported not invented by microsoft format
Other than MP3, does Microsoft media software support any container formats not invented in Redmond like AVI or WM*?

After their experience with MP3, I suspect they'll be extremely slow to support any formats they don't control.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 14:32   Link #1969
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

basically, if a media format doesn't come with digitally-crippled-mangling (DRM), Microsoft is going to pretend it doesn't exist mostly (but not consistently).
Old 2008-09-04, 19:51   Link #1970
Ledgem
Love Yourself

When animals escape from the zoo, they are frequently put down with tranquilizers rather than lethal force (at least, this used to be the case). Why do the police not give other humans the same consideration?
Old 2008-09-05, 00:35   Link #1971
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
When animals escape from the zoo, they are frequently put down with tranquilizers rather than lethal force (at least, this used to be the case). Why do the police not give other humans the same consideration?
Tranquilizers are, unfortunately, not really less-than-lethal force. Animals die from being tranquilized quite often.

Many feel that giving police an "only possibly lethal" force might encourage an officer to use that force in occasions where lethal force would not absolutely be justified or, at the very least, provoke lawsuits accusing such in cases where a person was permanently injured or killed by such force.

You see this today with stun-guns and other "less than lethal force" methods which contain the slight possibility of doing greater harm than intended.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 02:47   Link #1972
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye... the Taser mismanagement is a prime example of operational laziness at work that leads to tragedy. Bit of trouble? Meh, just taze 'em, the package says its risk-free and requires much less brain power than talking him down.

... hey he stopped breathing. ...
Old 2008-09-05, 14:21   Link #1973
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Well, there's nothing perfect about less-than-lethal...People wanted less-than-lethal, so companies introduced tasers...Now we find out they can be lethal, but it's not like they kill all the time...If the cops are trying to subdue someone where lives aren't at steak (Steak? Stake, damn I'm hungry), would you rather the cops taser them, or have a hollow-point .45 ACP or 9mm Para put into them instead?

"Don't taze my, bro!"
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 17:45   Link #1974
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I'm not sure if this is possible and i'm not sure if it's already asked but here it goes...

Is it possible to allow another user to edit my post? I mean with moderator's permission and suches.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 18:06   Link #1975
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Is it possible to allow another user to edit my post?
No. Editing posts is one of the user group dependent options. Normal users cannot nominate other users to edit their posts. Such a function does not exist. Staff can edit your posts, but they do not need your permission to do so because it is an ability granted by being a member of the moderator user group.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 18:25   Link #1976
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

I would like to comment further on what NightWish said. Basically in order to be able to "nominate" a user to edit your posts it would require constantly altering the core structure of the database... (require N addition columns to be added to the database assuming a non normalized structure. Or creation of very complex O-M (or would that be N-M) relationships. In other words it would be too impractical to do so.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.

Last edited by Vivio Testarossa; 2008-09-05 at 18:32. Reason: Add links
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 03:16   Link #1977
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Oh, just think about it as a another version of the contacts system and you could say the bulk of it has already been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Is it possible to allow another user to edit my post? I mean with moderator's permission and suches.
There are 3 ways...
  • You and the other user become part of a certain user group with the ability to edit each other's post. Although I'm not sure if it's posible to give you the ability to edit each others post with outh the ability to edit posts in other groups; if it was I can't see it as a strain on the system.

• The other user is nominated to a group which has the ability to edit posts in your user group.

• You give the other user your login details. (I believe this is prohibited by the rules, either applying to you or the other person)

Q. Why do you need such a ability to begin with?
Old 2008-09-06, 03:29   Link #1978
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I don't know if I'm just cynical, but if any user could freely have the ability to edit another user's post, the first thing that came to mind is that I could see a horrible case of "Disregard that" gone awry... >_<
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 14:46   Link #1979
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Why when I'm viewing a webpage, sometimes the text of the page appears as "garbage" or a series of question marks.

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 15:15   Link #1980
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Why when I'm viewing a webpage, sometimes the text of the page appears as "garbage" or a series of question marks.
Most likely because you don't have the language installed on your OS. Or your browser isn't properly configured to display the language.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious