AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-30, 14:42   Link #1181
Balzac
Assistant Professor

^ Gonna have to speculate for yourself until some more folks finish. And for the Rewrite section that's a handful of people one can count on two hands

Man, even though it's short I really want to see Akane's and to a lesser extent, Kotori's routes. I'm also curious if any of the routes invalidate Terra somehow. (though I don't see it happening)
Old 2012-08-02, 03:06   Link #1182
matrixhazard

Complete All 6 Heroines Route

Spoiler for For Kagari's Route:

BTW, about the Rewrite Quest, what will be happened if I complete it? (In my opinion, this RPG minigame should be in the main game rather than the Mappy boring thing)
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 03:27   Link #1183
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Tanaka only wrote Kotori in Harvest Festa though.
Old 2012-08-02, 04:45   Link #1184
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Oops, that's new for me to hear. (At first, I believe each scenario was written by the same writer in the game). Sorry for making mistake.

Anyway, even though it isn't him, it is still frustrated how Kagari route become like this.
Old 2012-08-02, 04:51   Link #1185
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Haven't read Festa yet (damn you wide Pacific Ocean), but Tanaka does some really good comedy, some of which were pure gelt. That's a plus in my book, compared to the "huhs" of Ryukishi, the other one.
Old 2012-08-03, 03:37   Link #1186
Tomoyo89

I received my copy with the getchu bonus earlier yesterday. So far I only listened to the new OST. I still need to finish the original game before playing through the fan disc.
Tomoyo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 05:19   Link #1187
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Hmm? Sorry, but who wrote Kagari's storyline in Hf?
In basic, I think Kagari route in Hf is good
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 12:39   Link #1188
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
Hmm? Sorry, but who wrote Kagari's storyline in Hf?
In basic, I think Kagari route in Hf is good
I'm pretty sure it's written by Romeo since he's the main writer of Rewrite and Ryukishi only worked on Lucia's route for both the original game and the fandisc.

EDIT: Nevermind, I somehow read Usami_Haru's post wrong and thought that she wrote Tonokawa instead.
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 17:32   Link #1189
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Sorry I take back what I said. Romeo must have written Akane's and Kagari's scenario's in Harvest Festa as well since those weren't written by Tonokawa or Ryukishi. Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 2012-08-03, 23:00   Link #1190
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Okay, and Tanaka Romeo wrote Kotori route in Hf, too
God-sama: http://www.anibro.jp/maker/va2012/index.html
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 10:12   Link #1191
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhhuywiki View Post
Okay, and Tanaka Romeo wrote Kotori route in Hf, too
God-sama: http://www.anibro.jp/maker/va2012/index.html
Not Counting Yurippe... I mean Saya.

Looks like Key is back to marketing plan with flat chest again.

(Damn, I gonna die with Kagari's towel, her first picture in swimming suit)
Old 2012-08-04, 14:58   Link #1192
etalocohc84

A friend spoiled the entire Rewrite Quest for me before I even got it . Rewrite Quest is a RPG game and can technically be considered the seventh story in Harvest Festa.
Spoiler for Rewrite Quest Plot:
After beating the final boss in Rewrite Quest you get a bonus dungeon floor with
Spoiler for Rewrite Quest Bonus Dungeon:
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 06:08   Link #1193
Balzac
Assistant Professor

It's here!....Unfortunately it's two days early and I'm about to head for work..
Old 2012-08-06, 07:49   Link #1194
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Played through the fandisc, time for a review. First what I can probably leave outside the spoilers: Harvest Festa was fun but very short. There was barely any drama or romance that compared to the highs of the original, but it was a lot of fun nontheless. The scenes were just too short to build up momentum for emotionally engrossing scenes I thought.

Kotori's route was nice, it stayed on point and delivered the most justice to a heroines original route, still felt really rushed though. Akane's route was the most fun, she's a great character when she's actually in the scenes. Shizuru and Kagari's routes were fun but kind of lacking in their respective heroines. Chihaya's route was what I expected with a common route feel. Lucia's route was unexpected and pretty disappointing. All of the routes were really short. I can't believe Yuuto called them "light novel size" (IIRC). For any given route it looked like it was written without much planning, pretty much on a whim, with a couple days effort from the Author. Still the game was fun from beginning to end, the game itself isn't bad. Just that it didn't meet any strong expectations, although it's pretty obvious once starting a route or finishing one, that expectations shouldn't be all that high to begin with. Besides Kotori's route, the stories just felt like spinoffs that aren't really meant to be held up to canon. This all sounds a little bit harsh, the game still had some feeling in it. There is some closure to be had, it just isn't as epic as the original. I still liked a lot, as you'll see in the spoilers:

Spoiler for Specific Likes and Dislikes of the routes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post

BTW, I am still confused about the story connection of Chihaya and Lucia route, how their HF story related to the original game?
Spoiler for Routes:

I wrote up what could practically be called a walkthrough for the minigame on hard:

Spoiler for Minigame Strategy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
It's here!....Unfortunately it's two days early and I'm about to head for work..
BTW how annoying is it to pay 130 for the game with preorder item + shipping, + having to wait a few days (in my case, even worse in yours!) while the pirate version is already out, so you're in danger of spoilers, only to get slapped in the face with a japanese windows only message so that you end up having to get a crack anyway? They should get rid of the japanese only check and add a cd key if they are annoyed.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-08-07 at 01:04. Reason: BTW
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 10:23   Link #1195
matrixhazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Spoiler for Routes:
Thanks for Explanation, After I finished all heroines route. I still try to think most of them occured in the parallel world except Kotori

By the way I still got confused in Lucia's Route

Spoiler for About Lucia Route:
Old 2012-08-06, 15:11   Link #1196
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quick install, sealed off the house, shut-in style, assumed proper seating position, and pressed play. The opening, which I hadn't seen before, was a slight hurdle that I couldn't skip for the heck of me. On to the routes, which looked to be on par for the course with fandisks: skip the trunk to get to the main routes. I chose Lucia first, to get the least favorites out of the way, followed by Chihaya, Kotori, Shizuru, Akane and so on. This clear order may have colored my first impression of the game.

Short impressions follow. Might be some spoilers for the English readers who haven't completed the vanilla game yet:

Spoiler for Lucia:

Spoiler for Chihaya:

Spoiler for Kotori:

Spoiler for Sizuru:

Spoiler for Akane:

Well, looks like Kotori's was the only one really done nicely - a good balance of comedy and an ongoing story. In addition, I kinda wish, a little, that an Inoue mini-route was included. She's...interesting? On to the last route, and Chibi 'Moth route? Oh, it's the Rewrite route.

Spoiler for Kagari:

So with that out of the way, I would just like to express a slight disappointment in finding out that there were no after-Terra stories, of which I was hoping to see a glimpse of. Ah well, at least KoxKo fans were rewarded.

Spoiler for Rewrrite Quest:

EDIT: My friend did tell me what the final CG was, and I'm relieved it wasn't "that" important. A little. Maybe.

Edit 2: @matrixhazard: By saved it might mean the first time, when err...you know...in the church scene...and then the hospital afterward... y'know...(kinda rushed to spoiler)
Further Edit: @Ceral: Eh, I do have a Japanese XP system, it's very old, runs Rewrite like a stuttering drunk, but at least my visual novel experience has been smooth for the past six years.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:29   Link #1197
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixhazard View Post
Thanks for Explanation, After I finished all heroines route. I still try to think most of them occured in the parallel world except Kotori

By the way I still got confused in Lucia's Route

Spoiler for About Lucia Route:
Spoiler for Lucias Route:

Going over Lucias route, I remembered there was something that really irked me that was worth mentioning. That was how out of place Kotarou's voice felt. Although I eventually warmed up to it during the last routes. It was really bad especially for Kotori's route, he always sounded like he was shouting and his voice was so monotone. I couldn't stand his voice during any scenes that were remotely serious. First time that I muted someone, and even when I tried to listen to his voice later on, was so badly turned off by it that I immediately muted him again. He was acceptable in the other routes though. He just sounds like too much of a boke, all the time.

Quote:

EDIT: My friend did tell me what the final CG was, and I'm relieved it wasn't "that" important. A little. Maybe.
Spoiler for Don't open if you're going to play minigame:

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-08-06 at 15:53.
Old 2012-08-06, 15:55   Link #1198
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Ceral, could you spoil me? My friend referred to the
Spoiler for CG:
Old 2012-08-06, 16:41   Link #1199
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Ceral, could you spoil me? My friend referred to the
Spoiler for CG:
Spoiler for The end:

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-08-06 at 17:17. Reason: CG pops up before last lines
Old 2012-08-06, 16:58   Link #1200
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Thanks. So that's like the end of it all, since it's the final boss? That's a neat way of tying up some loose threads from the vanilla game (the two you mentioned), and I kinda wish it didn't have to be behind a mini-game

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel