AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima f - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 6 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 19.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 13.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 11.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 8.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 13.89%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 15:59   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Zero no Tsukaima f - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Zero no Tsukaima f ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2012-03-25, 18:23   Link #2
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Zero no Tsukaima F - Last Thoughts

Ok. Here we are!

At the end of an era that I started almost six years ago.

Back then I knew nothing about Zero no Tsukaima whether the novels or any other media, and I do remember back on those days that Omniscient had free time to blog dubbing this series as Shakugan no Louise due that the protagonic voice cast shared the same seiyuu as they did for Shakugan no Shana; Rie Kugimiya for Louise, Satoshi Hino for Saito, Ayako Kawasumi for Queen Henrietta, and lately until season three, Noto Mamiko for Tiffania Westwood.

With this franchise and the Shakugan no Shana franchise done the same day to me it's indeed the end of the Rie Kugimiya X Satoshi Hino era, and I'm going to miss both universes but life continues on.

I feel happy that in case for Louise and Saito they openly displayed their feelings towards each other as they grew up during the course of the four seasons, though I disliked how the writers put up with original material amongst a few of the seasons mainly the second one and this one that has already ended.

I would have hoped a dramatic and epic battle for the climax to this season like the one against the Reconquista from towards the end of the first one; the writers shouldn't have disposed of Josef early in this season and saved him for a last stand towards the end.

Anyways, I liked this series mostly for Louise's tsundereness, Tiffania's Melon-chan , Tabitha's shyness and dramatic backstory, Derflinger whom added an exquisite touch of serious humor but also a mentor role to Saito, and Saito's overly youth tendencies for pretty girls and his Gandalfr powers.

The second detail of interest to note for me was the soundtrack with each season having its own signature score melodies, and season four delivered to me many of the most dramatic pieces of music found again in the whole franchise.

It's hard for me to say goodbye to this universe, as it became a little bit frustrating that I have to wait about three and a quarter years for this season to come. I mean back when season three was announced to be aired in the summer I was expecting season four to come the summer after the one when season three aired given the background history:
Season one - Summer 2006
Season two - Summer 2007
Season three - Summer 2008

But the fourth season didn't come the next summer, until three years and a quarter later, airing on winter; I guess given the dreaded nature of the number '4' and how Japanese are overly superstitious about that number, they didn't want the fourth season to air on the fourth year on a row and in summer like the previous ones did.

That or it was just due to the lack of available material in the novels to have properly made a story for the fourth season back then.

If you ask me, my favorite females were and still are: Tabitha (Charlotte), Tiffa, and Louise for their attributes as characters that I already mentioned before.

Well, it was a long journey spanning almost six years, and while many of the seasons were not handled by the writers the way they should have appeased for most of us, the fans, I still love both the conclusion and epilogue to the fourth season with ....
Spoiler:

I hope that this won't be the end End, and that there will be a future OVA either to show us about Louise and Saito living together in their household but adding all the slapstick humor and misadventures we got ourselves treated during the lighthearted moments of each of the seasons.

Farewell, Louise Francois du Blanc de la Valliere!
Farewell, Saito Hiraaga!
Farewell, Derflinger!
Farewell, both the headmaster, the teachers, and all of the students of Tristain Magical Academy!
Farewell, to the people of Halkeginia!

You brighten my days, and au revoir!

P.S. Second show I concluded for the winter 2012 anime season.

Last P.S. Thanks to the Mod at charge for listening my request.
Old 2012-03-25, 22:30   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh I remember when having the same director as the first season gave hope... But alas, JC Staff does it again. Utter crap. Yeah, I know what "F" means now. As in, their grade.
For one thing, I don't even know if the staff is trying or not. They showed clearly that they don't even care about their past scripts in episode 11, which explained a lot about the anime. The OP didn't even get a SE version like it did in the past seasons.
The original part of the anime honestly didn't make sense or lacking in many ways. The Familiar powers get exceptions, requirements for spells appear and disappear, characters die and never get touched on in the end, military weapons get stolen by a middle schooler, and as far as the last arc goes, that dragon was lame and typical. There was no closure on Void and the elves either.
It feels they should have waited until there was an ending to animate instead of doing something original.
Why didn't they wait? Noboru is still alive. I mean, if it was still 1-cour, everything else would suck still, but at least the ending wouldn't be so idiotic.

"But it was 1-cour and they had no time!"
is something they can say after they actually used their time wisely, because I know that at least an episode's worth of time was spent on fanservice. That isn't needed.
Also, the siblings were extremely pointless in the anime. More than the novel. It's like they took half of the siblings' story and half of Joseph's story and divided by half.
In that case, instead of doing both halfheartedly, just take out the siblings' arc and animate Joseph's arc better.

However, to compliment one thing, the OP was cool.
Even if they make the siblings and Joseph to be more important than they actually treated them.

And there is one gain from this season:
The knowledge that they can't screw up the series anymore since they ended it! Yay!
(Hopefully)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-25, 23:12   Link #4
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
And there is one gain from this season:
The knowledge that they can't screw up the series anymore since they ended it! Yay!
(Hopefully)
Don't tempt the luck!!!!!

Or they will get a OVA!
Old 2012-03-27, 18:49   Link #5
Echoes

Like Guido, I started watching this show a long, long time ago (somewhere in 2007), which indeed makes the ending of this show the end of an era, for many of the reasons he states. This show, its characters and setting hold a lot of value to me, even after sitting through the admittedly disappointing season 3. I'll try not to dwell on past installments of the series too much, but some comparisons are in order, given that this series has clearly has its ups and its downs.

In this final installment, I did feel that there was effort put it. I actually felt that the pacing was good, except for the very end, when things became a little rushed. However, I enjoyed having a dynamic plot where things, lots of things, actually did happen. It's a huge step up from the last season, and I'm willing to forgive a few shortcomings to be able to enjoy a genuine fantasy story with characters that I've grown to love. I'm not here to nitpick. As much of a cynic as I am, this is a series that I genuinely enjoy.

The fantasy element was really played up this season, and I for one found that to be very enjoyable. Flocks of dragons, aloof elves and a pope with magical powers. I love fantasy, and I loved these additions. There was also a lot of variety in the settings, from the grand holy city to the elven desert to Saito and Louise's humble abode.

On the character side, most of the good old team reprise their roles, and retain their personality. One notable exception is Tifania, who actually becomes useful this season. Thank GOD! Saito and Louise's relationship also develops and matures, and the culmination of these four seasons is a very beautiful wedding scene. Worth the wait, Louise looked stunning. I'm incredibly, incredibly grateful and happy that they chose to go with a serious, romantic resolution, rather than having a harem-like scene where Saito is hugged by every female in the cast. Both Louise and we, the audience, got what we deserved: a respectable ending.

Overall, I think this fourth season does a lot of things right. Although it stumbles slightly here and there, on the whole I found the plot compelling. The characters shine brightly, and they significantly cut down on the fanservice, especially compared to the last season. (It's still there, and some of it is still a bit much, but it hardly detracted from the overall experience in my case.)

This season doesn't quite rekindle the pure magic I experienced watching the first season way back in my anime infancy, but nor should I expect it to. It does, in my opinion, rise above both the second and the third season in terms of quality, and that is more than enough to make me very happy with it. I mentioned that ZnT was an uneven series, and that is certainly true when you look at how I've rated all four seasons. On the numerical scale, all four received a different rating; pretty unusual (impressive? ) for a continuous series! Season one got a "8" (Excellent), season two a "6" (Good) and season three a "5" (Average.) Lastly, season four, the final installment gets a 7, (on my rating scale) "very good."

Final Rating: 7 (Very good)

I thank everyone involved in making this series. I know it wasn't everything it could have been, but I choose to highlight the good times I had with this franchise. And there were many. I won't forget them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Farewell, Louise Francois du Blanc de la Valliere!
Farewell, Saito Hiraaga!
Farewell, Derflinger!
Farewell, both the headmaster, the teachers, and all of the students of Tristain Magical Academy!
Farewell, to the people of Halkeginia!
You said it, man. Fare the well, you wonderfully imaginative world filled with wonderfully imaginative people.
Old 2012-05-09, 03:58   Link #6
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

I WAS a great fan of the series but since I like bad endings and the pathetical ending of ZnT nearby made me puke I'm only going to say I'm pretty disapointed.

Hope they made an OVA to cut some heads, at least Saito's xDDD
Old 2012-06-01, 19:54   Link #7
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Angry Loved the anime but....hated the ending.

No offence to those who accept the ending but i can't.
Spoiler for Ending of ZnT...who is with Saito.:
Old 2012-06-06, 23:20   Link #8
johnr1o12

(Sigh)... season 3 and 4 fail for me... i guess it didn't have the epic flare of season 1 and 2... it just made me go "ah... finally it's done... wait that was it?" it just disappointed me on how the series itself went on it's pace... it was soaring high then flunked all the way down... Siesta my fav char in season one change so dramtically, i'll just remmeber Siesta season 1... Tiffa gave me hope but i guess the way the story went Saito ofcourse will end up with lousie "well duh! ZERO's Familiar" it's saito's loss... Tiffa pick me instead ... Hime-sama "I love you " good she finnaly became Honest, but a bit to early don't you think? i mean your man died at season 1 it's a bit to early to be loving someone else...
WELL ANYWAY SCORE IT
season 1 10/10...
season 2 10/10...
season 3 5/10...
season 4 7/10...

OVER ALL 8/10

P.S this supposed to be the part where I say I miss the series... But the fialed season 3 and 4 makes me just want to see other anime... (I wish they would make an anime of Mx0)
Old 2012-06-07, 13:36   Link #9
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1o12 View Post
(Sigh)... season 3 and 4 fail for me... i guess it didn't have the epic flare of season 1 and 2... it just made me go "ah... finally it's done... wait that was it?" it just disappointed me on how the series itself went on it's pace... it was soaring high then flunked all the way down... Siesta my fav char in season one change so dramtically, i'll just remmeber Siesta season 1... Tiffa gave me hope but i guess the way the story went Saito ofcourse will end up with lousie "well duh! ZERO's Familiar" it's saito's loss... Tiffa pick me instead ... Hime-sama "I love you " good she finnaly became Honest, but a bit to early don't you think? i mean your man died at season 1 it's a bit to early to be loving someone else...
WELL ANYWAY SCORE IT
season 1 10/10...
season 2 10/10...
season 3 5/10...
season 4 7/10...

OVER ALL 8/10

P.S this supposed to be the part where I say I miss the series... But the fialed season 3 and 4 makes me just want to see other anime... (I wish they would make an anime of Mx0)
I have to disagree with you about Henrietta being to early to find love again when her previous love died. She was in love with saito and was hoping to meet him until Louise came and henrietta just had to be nice. In my opinion...it should have been saito and henrietta together. Stupid Louise.
Old 2012-06-08, 12:49   Link #10
SailorMoon4ever

I love it thought it was perfect ending too the one I always wanted
Old 2012-06-08, 17:55   Link #11
Awrya
U mad?

S1 10/10
S2 7/10
S3 5/10
S4 6/10

Overall 7/10, I liked S1 and S2 since they did follow the original LN, while S3 chose fan service over plot.

S4 did butcher the plot as well, but it was expected. The Joseph arc was relatively well done, while the whole ancient dragon was just facepalm. Saito casually breaks into a military base and hijacks an aircraft, he might as well have had it stored in his garage. The saving point of ancient dragon was that it has a conclusion, not some harem wannabe ending.

Was it just me or did the animation quality (character faces) drop compared to the other seasons?
Old 2012-06-08, 22:20   Link #12
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Taking into account that i started off with the anime (ZnT was one of the first titles i approached) and never actually got to read the novel (so i can't really say if it's a bad adaption), here i go:
S1 10/10
S2 10/10
S3 6/10
S4 8.5/10
Are my ratings too high? That's very possible, but it's mostly because i'm attached to this title because it was one of the first i ever approached and loved it immediately so, even tho the following seasons weren't like the first, i was easily able to overcome those issues because i simply liked the series. Let's add to this that the last season, even being full of random and improbable things (that i listed in another topic), ended the way i wanted it to end. It just fit my expectations, and so i was able to forgive those random things and incoherences.

Overall it should be 8.5, but i still feel like giving it a 9.5 and just forget the third season ever existed.
Old 2012-06-11, 09:35   Link #13
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

The novel is really much better than the anime. There is more drama and cute moments in the novel and Louise and Saito's relationship feels more sincere. If you message me I can try and link you to certain parts of the novel where I thought was AMAZING(cute/drama moments) and that the anime chose to just ignore. So all in all, a horrible adaptation with the anime, but as you mentioned previously it does kind of cater to only the hardcore ZnT lovers. Those that like the novel will think the anime is bad due to the horrible adaptation, those that were expecting a plot driven romance will think its bad, only those that love Louise and Saito's interactions and the characters themselves will like the anime. Even then it is hard to overlook how they messed up the anime.

-Season 1: 9/10
-Season 2: 9/10
-Season 3: 6/10
-Season 4: 8/10

Overall its a pretty its a pretty generous score since I follow under a hardcore Louise/Saito fan, an 8/10. Believe me if it didn't end the way it did and if it didn't include that slight epilogue, you can bet I would have given it a 5/10. I wanted to give to a higher score, but I don't think I should inflate it anymore than it needs to be
Old 2012-06-11, 20:35   Link #14
a3jay14
Hunter in the Night

Really good anime I only liked the first 2 seasons but the 3rd and 4th not that interesting compared to the first 2.

I have to give it 7/10

I also wished that saito end up with the queen even though I already expected louise to be with him.
Old 2012-06-14, 18:16   Link #15
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3jay14 View Post
Really good anime I only liked the first 2 seasons but the 3rd and 4th not that interesting compared to the first 2.

I have to give it 7/10

I also wished that saito end up with the queen even though I already expected louise to be with him.
Thank you!! someone atleast has common sense. I don't mean it in a bad way people.
Old 2012-07-25, 12:30   Link #16
BasilxHawkins
Der Magier

I still can´t belive that it was the final season. I´ve started to watch season 1 again because every other anime looks like shit.
Old 2012-08-13, 08:09   Link #17
Eutechnyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3jay14 View Post

I have to give it 7/10

Same, i dont want to be rude but i hate Louise, shes so annoying allways punching or doing whatever to Saito(poor guy), i wonder why mostly main loli characters are allways so annoying , and i rlly wanted saito to end up with the queen also .