AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-03-19, 20:59   Link #241
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so does the final episode mean she has no ability at all? because i thought even as a level 0, they manifest some sort of power, but since she wasn't effected at all.. oh well. I don't care to know the details. all i know is she kicked ass with her baseball bat.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 23:56   Link #242
tsunade666

level 0 = normal person in real world and this also proves that even they go to the curriculum it wouldn't effect them because that music makes damage considering the level but being a level 0 means their is no to level down anymore.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 05:23   Link #243
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder if Touma or Tsuchimikado's gonna get affected by Capacity Down.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 05:26   Link #244
tsunade666

no they won't they are still level 0. And I bet their are other level 0 their that had ability but still consider level 0. Though they are the only one I know yet that are level 0 that had still ability. The others I know are saten and hamachan of item.
Old 2010-03-20, 09:11   Link #245
giorno

uhm, capacity down won't work on Touma(since his power has nothing to do with his brain), but i'm not so sure it won't work on tsuchimikado...afterall, his power is esper, unlike Touma's...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 10:09   Link #246
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
uhm, capacity down won't work on Touma(since his power has nothing to do with his brain), but i'm not so sure it won't work on tsuchimikado...afterall, his power is esper, unlike Touma's...
I would second this; Tsuchimikado is only 'level 0' because his power cannot be reliably measured by the tests they use in academy city. Capacity Down works on the principle that all espers develop parts of their brain differently from normal humans, and this development makes them vulnerable to a particular kind of interference. (It's possible that Capacity Down doesn't work solely via sound; it may use the same 'synesthesia' principle as the Level Upper.) Any esper who displays a power unassisted has parts of their brain that have been reformatted in order to control that power - even a level 0 whose power is either too weak or too weird to be measured. Saten's immunity to Capacity Down shows that she is probably a true level 0, with no capacity to develop any kind of esper power; even after subjecting herself to the power development curriculum for several years (including whatever drugs or other medical procedures that involves), her brain has failed to significantly develop in the areas that would allow her to use a power.

Therefore, Saten needs to become a mage, pronto, or else start taking ass-kicking lessons from the milk man.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 10:10   Link #247
tsunade666

does tsuchimikado even release his aim? and if I remember it right his ability is passive and the same time a big lottery which had a 50 - 50 chance of auto revival.

Well saten in a bat is still a win. I wonder if their will be pictures out about it already.
Old 2010-03-20, 10:22   Link #248
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
does tsuchimikado even release his aim? and if I remember it right his ability is passive and the same time a big lottery which had a 50 - 50 chance of auto revival.
It doesn't matter whether it's passive or active, or if he releases his AIM or not. Using magic damages people who have developed their brains to use esper powers. Using magic damages Tsuchimikado, and therefore his brain has been developed to use an esper power. This brain development is what Capacity Down attacks, not the active manifestation of AIM.

If Capacity Down worked by disrupting AIM (and there is no indication of this at all):
  1. It wouldn't work on espers who are not currently using their power (and therefore wouldn't have worked on Uiharu or Kuroko in the lab.)
  2. It would probably just stop powers from working properly, rather than causing the power users physical pain.

At any rate, any further discussion of Tsuchimikado's power or the way Capacity Down works should probably be moved to the ability and technology discussion thread.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 19:12   Link #249
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Saten just need to make more home runs.
Old 2010-03-24, 16:49   Link #250
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so does the final episode mean she has no ability at all? because i thought even as a level 0, they manifest some sort of power, but since she wasn't effected at all.. oh well. I don't care to know the details. all i know is she kicked ass with her baseball bat.
she obviously does have one, as seen from when she used the level up thing. I think it's just so suppressed within her that it had no effect
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:21   Link #251
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
I would second this; Tsuchimikado is only 'level 0' because his power cannot be reliably measured by the tests they use in academy city. Capacity Down works on the principle that all espers develop parts of their brain differently from normal humans, and this development makes them vulnerable to a particular kind of interference. (It's possible that Capacity Down doesn't work solely via sound; it may use the same 'synesthesia' principle as the Level Upper.) Any esper who displays a power unassisted has parts of their brain that have been reformatted in order to control that power - even a level 0 whose power is either too weak or too weird to be measured. Saten's immunity to Capacity Down shows that she is probably a true level 0, with no capacity to develop any kind of esper power; even after subjecting herself to the power development curriculum for several years (including whatever drugs or other medical procedures that involves), her brain has failed to significantly develop in the areas that would allow her to use a power.

Therefore, Saten needs to become a mage, pronto, or else start taking ass-kicking lessons from the milk man.
I'll vote for that lesson for Saten. If she can't use any power, street fighting is also an alternative to gaining some type of useful skill for defending herself ^^. Hell, she can work for Judgment if she wants some experience.

actually... Does Judgment only allow lvl 1 - 4 espers? =O

Last edited by Pandabreaker; 2010-03-25 at 15:31.
Pandabreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:41   Link #252
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker View Post
Iactually... Does Judgment only allow lvl 1 - 4 espers? =O
Probably, otherwise she would've joined up by now. The only reason she used Level Upper is because she felt useless.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 20:39   Link #253
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker View Post
I'll vote for that lesson for Saten. If she can't use any power, street fighting is also an alternative to gaining some type of useful skill for defending herself ^^. Hell, she can work for Judgment if she wants some experience.

actually... Does Judgment only allow lvl 1 - 4 espers? =O
Level 1-5, it appears. Various people have tried to get both Mikoto and Accelerator to join up. I don't know if any of the level 5's are actually members.

I will point out Saten did at one point suggest that after watching Uiharu and Kuroko, actually being a member of Judgement was something she wasn't jealous of.

She and Mikoto get to get involved in the interesting bits without having to pull late nights doing paperwork.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 21:15   Link #254
tsunade666

I think too that Saten doesn't have a slight bit of wanting to join judgment.

She's too care free and the looks of it. She just want to mess up with uiharu plus she can just go by to the branch in and out without someone stopping her. Just that is enough for her.

No one will approach Accel and ask him to join judgment. He got bad reputation to begin with. Mugino and Kakine has their own organization to manage with. The other level 5 might be ask too.
Old 2010-03-26, 17:53   Link #255
Ashaman

Yomikawa- the green jersy woman who teaches at Touma's school suggests he jions, but he refuses.

And agreed, she wants an a ability, but doesn't want to jion Jugdement. she would be happy just to live her relatively carefree life as is, only as an ability user instead of a level 0.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 19:10   Link #256
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I love u Saten-chan!!!!! I love Kanzaki more though!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 21:46   Link #257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Saten really grew on me during this series. Glad she got to play a role right at the end in helping everyone out. Though in the end left hoping that down the road she could achieve her dream. Just a small ability really would be enough for her. Things might not always work out perfectly in life, but think that after all that effort getting an ability would be a nice result.
Old 2010-03-26, 21:53   Link #258
tsunade666

too me isn't she had the greatest development at all? next will be mikoto or uiharu lastly is kuroko with hardly needed of any character development.
Old 2010-03-31, 06:01   Link #259
wingman32x

Saten is pure win. I love her bubbly personality, how caring she is to her friends, basically everything. She is by far one of the most human characters I've ever seen. She seemed so real. I really sympathized with her troubles because I myself have been in a group of friends in which I was the least superior/able. So I really connected with Saten. That's the beauty of her character IMO. Her problem is one that a vast majority of people have been through, so it's easy to relate/connect to her. Going into railgun, my favorite character was Misaka. I thought she was great in index. She's just as good in railgun, too, but Saten pretty much destroys her in terms of likeability IMO. Overall, Saten is a special character IMO. Yeah, one could argue that her archetype has been done better elsewhere, but it's not just that. It's her realistic and human characterization that makes her stand out IMO.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 05:34   Link #260
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

To celebrate the upcoming 2nd Season:

A little poem I wrote about Saten-san, initial version created few years ago, did a little editing here and there since then. It's far far away from being masterpiece, but anyway here it is:
Spoiler for Various issues:
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters