AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Mai-Otome Character Do You Hate The Most?
Nina Wong 12 4.69%
Erstin Ho 9 3.52%
Mashiro Windbloom 12 4.69%
Arika Yumemiya 19 7.42%
Shizuru Viola 8 3.13%
Irina Woods 1 0.39%
Natsuki Kruger 2 0.78%
Juliet Nao Zhang 0 0%
Haruka Armitage 1 0.39%
Sergey Wong 61 23.83%
Tomoe Marguerite 74 28.91%
Nagi Dai Artai 26 10.16%
Miya Clochette 11 4.30%
Other (list below) 20 7.81%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-27, 07:33   Link #121
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Sergey? Most hated character? Kinda sad, isn't it. You know, he was a victim in all of these?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-27, 18:39   Link #122
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
He's not the most hated. He's the 2nd most hated. The most hated is Tomoe Marguerite! ^_^

But yeah... I'm kinda surprised too actually
Old 2009-07-27, 18:46   Link #123
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I find Tomoe's character boring. Mai Hime featured complicated characters with agenda that did not necessarily made them evil characters, but not Tomoe. Oh no, Tomoe came as a surprise being probably the only token evil character (for the sole purpose of being evil) in the HiME universe.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-07-27, 18:49   Link #124
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
I was actually surprised at how Sergey got the 2nd highest vote... XD

But anyways, I have to agree with you about Tomoe. I mean, look at what she did to the people around her especially Miya?
Old 2011-03-07, 11:10   Link #125
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Nagi Dai Artai, You're the DEVIL! How could you make Nina's like a complete living hell!

But Nagi from HiME doesn't count as of my hated character.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-08-25 at 01:08.
Old 2011-03-07, 11:45   Link #126
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Nagi Dai Artai, You're the DEVIL! How could you make Nina's like a complete living hell!

Well, Nagi Homura (HiME) doesn't count as a hate character.
Nagi is troll character, you cannot stop his devilish ways. Nagi isn't the only person to hate,Ishigami has set an example being as an hateful villain.
Old 2011-03-07, 18:29   Link #127
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Ishigami is hateful only in how nonsensical and contrived his character is.

"Yeah, I'm going to go from being an irrelevant background character in one episode to a criminal mastermind with a world domination scheme and machinations that control the direction of the HiME Festival story arc. Ignore the fact that I showed no mastermind tendencies whatsoever until the writer thought it would be cool for my character to forcibly create drama."

HiME Nagi is hateful only in the sense that... his character makes no sense and the story rolls with the ill-conceived notion that he holds some sort of psychological dominance over the girls. Imagine that.

"Yeah, Natsuki just revealed that I've been lying to all of you since the start of the series to get you to do what I wanted. You are all now conscious of the fact that I'm actively screwing with you and you have no reason to believe my empty 'You must fight or the HiME Star will do something vaguely bad to you' threat, but you're all going to act like morons now and continue to assume I'm giving you honest information because this 'inescapable tragedy' storyline would be completely averted if you didn't."

Otome Nagi is genuinely creepy and knows how push people's buttons, though.

It's no wonder Tree of Fate (better-written interpretation of the Festival arc) skips over Ishigami and handles Nagi with completely different pacing, and EXA (MUCH better-written interpretation of the Festival arc) excludes both characters entirely and substitutes them with the HiME creating natural tension against each other.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-07 at 18:54.
Old 2011-03-07, 23:35   Link #128
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post

"Yeah, I'm going to go from being an irrelevant background character in one episode to a criminal mastermind with a world domination scheme and machinations that control the direction of the HiME Festival story arc. Ignore the fact that I showed no mastermind tendencies whatsoever until the writer thought it would be cool for my character to forcibly create drama."

HiME Nagi is hateful only in the sense that... his character makes no sense and the story rolls with the ill-conceived notion that he holds some sort of psychological dominance over the girls. Imagine that.

"Yeah, Natsuki just revealed that I've been lying to all of you since the start of the series to get you to do what I wanted. You are all now conscious of the fact that I'm actively screwing with you and you have no reason to believe my empty 'You must fight or the HiME Star will do something vaguely bad to you' threat, but you're all going to act like morons now and continue to assume I'm giving you honest information because this 'inescapable tragedy' storyline would be completely averted if you didn't."

It's no wonder Tree of Fate (better-written interpretation of the Festival arc) skips over Ishigami and handles Nagi with completely different pacing, and EXA (MUCH better-written interpretation of the Festival arc) excludes both characters entirely and substitutes them with the HiME creating natural tension against each other.
Awww he was an First District lackey man he earned as being a dark horse but Sunrise never knew about their character potential and interaction that time.

I would agree Nagi was a better villain but what about Mashiro or John Smith yes Mashiro possibly anti-villain. Pretty skeptical about Mashiro life.

EXA was rushed with pacing plus Sunrise didn't go with it at all that's my two cents.

From my earlier posts said I prefer original HiME despite BS ending and plot mismanagement. Only Sunrise could've continued over HiMEverse instead Otome.

Saying that a couple of times
Old 2011-03-08, 00:39   Link #129
Hagoshod
Banned

If Ishigami was supposed to be such a great mastermind all along, where was he during the Searrs arc? Why did he never use his supposedly WEASELLY WAYS to cut a deal with Alyssa? You know, a simple "Hey, grant my HiME and me immunity and I'll rat out the rest of the HiME for you" would have established the kind of character he was supposed to be in the second half of the show.

But no. When the Festival arc comes, he's just suddenly crazy out of NOWHERE for NO REASON other than to make the "Okay guys we're being dark and serious now" angle the writers suddenly wanted work.

Mashiro makes no sense from any perspective. Okay, she's immortal via using Fumi's Child as a host body. She was the previous Festival winner, but (as we're shown in a flashback in episode 25/26) she sternly rejected the world OL wanted to create just as Mai does in this generation. However, she still "guides the HiME Star." What the hell does that even mean? Again, you're talking about something that the entire plot is hinged on never being properly established. If she "guides" it, and she obviously doesn't want OL to get his way, what's stopping her from literally commanding it to drift AWAY from Earth so future HiME Festivals don't have to happen?

At the beginning of episode 17 or 18, we're shown Fumi rolling Mashiro up to a window as Mashiro says something along the lines of, "Hmm, are we really doing the right thing?" No, YOU AREN'T. Why doesn't she realize this? She literally has the knowledge and the power to single-handedly prevent the entire Festival from happening simply by telling the HiME what's really going on. There's no reason for the Festival to even happen other than, once again, the story wouldn't be as OOO DEEP AND TRAGIC if it didn't.

Mashiro's master plan isn't time-sensitive. It isn't overcomplicated, and it doesn't require some sort of huge gambit to work. Her strategy is literally, "Hey, everyone fly into the BIG RED GLOWY THINGIE," yet she refuses to tell anyone this. She nonsensically chooses to allow Nagi's manipulation to propagate until the HiME become unbelievably paranoid and murder each other (making them LESS likely to get along and work together) for no given reason. If she had simply gathered everyone in one place like she did during the Searrs invasion and explained how the HiME Star needs to feed off their negative emotions, the Festival would have been completely averted and the HiME Star never would have even gained world-destroying powers. Hell, she probably wouldn't even have to worry about Akane being bumped off early if she had explained things more thoroughly to her and told her to watch out for the Searrs spies that NAGI AND SHE BOTH KNEW ABOUT.

And don't try to tell me something like "Oh, but she had to wait until they learned acting selfishly wouldn't solve anything and they needed to work together." The HiME already knew how to do that. The entire premise of the first 16 episodes of the show (minus the Akane subplot, which can easily be ignored and the plot even goes out of the way to ignore with brilliant pacing ideas like "Kill dude; Follow up with completely unrelated Beach Fanservice episode") is nothing BUT friendship and teamwork saving the day. The HiME defeated Searrs, who used the exact same "Do as we say or our big space weapon will kill you" ultimatum Nagi would later rehash, WITH TEAMWORK. By completely ignoring this accomplishment and going "Okay everyone's suddenly going to be paranoid and angsty and untrustworthy of each other for no reason" to kick off the Festival arc, the writers set the entire cast's character development back by about 20 miles and just made everyone look like idiots.

Yeah. They set up Mashiro as this mysterious but sympathetic anti-hero, and it just ends up falling flat on its face the moment you start thinking about it.

HiME's anime ending gets bashed too much. In the specific trying-sooooo-hard-to-be-serious-but-not-working-at-all context of the anime Festival storyline, it's actually good. It rolled the characters back to their episode 16 state (+Akane), which is exactly where the show should have ended in the first place. It's not a cop out when it's correcting the Festival arc's nonsensical writing, which was a cop out to begin with.

I like the second half of My HiME for what it tries to be, but I hate it for its absurdity and pretentiousness. You basically have to watch it as a dark comedy for it to work.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-08 at 01:20.
Old 2011-03-08, 01:58   Link #130
Highman

Quote:
If Ishigami was supposed to be such a great mastermind all along, where was he during the Searrs arc? Why did he never use his supposedly WEASELLY WAYS to cut a deal with Alyssa? You know, a simple "Hey, grant my HiME and me immunity and I'll rat out the rest of the HiME for you" would have established the kind of character he was supposed to be in the second half of the show.

But no. When the Festival arc comes, he's just suddenly crazy out of NOWHERE for NO REASON other than to make the "Okay guys we're being dark and serious now" angle the writers suddenly wanted work.

Mashiro makes no sense from any perspective. Okay, she's immortal via using Fumi's Child as a host body. She was the previous Festival winner, but (as we're shown in a flashback in episode 25/26) she sternly rejected the world OL wanted to create just as Mai does in this generation. However, she still "guides the HiME Star." What the hell does that even mean? Again, you're talking about something that the entire plot is hinged on never being properly established. If she "guides" it, and she obviously doesn't want OL to get his way, what's stopping her from literally commanding it to drift AWAY from Earth so future HiME Festivals don't have to happen?

At the beginning of episode 17 or 18, we're shown Fumi rolling Mashiro up to a window as Mashiro says something along the lines of, "Hmm, are we really doing the right thing?" No, YOU AREN'T. Why doesn't she realize this? She literally has the knowledge and the power to single-handedly prevent the entire Festival from happening simply by telling the HiME what's really going on. There's no reason for the Festival to even happen other than, once again, the story wouldn't be as OOO DEEP AND TRAGIC if it didn't.

Mashiro's master plan isn't time-sensitive. It isn't overcomplicated, and it doesn't require some sort of huge gambit to work. Her strategy is literally, "Hey, everyone fly into the BIG RED GLOWY THINGIE," yet she refuses to tell anyone this. She nonsensically chooses to allow Nagi's manipulation to propagate until the HiME become unbelievably paranoid and murder each other (making them LESS likely to get along and work together) for no given reason. If she had simply gathered everyone in one place like she did during the Searrs invasion and explained how the HiME Star needs to feed off their negative emotions, the Festival would have been completely averted and the HiME Star never would have even gained world-destroying powers. Hell, she probably wouldn't even have to worry about Akane being bumped off early if she had explained things more thoroughly to her and told her to watch out for the Searrs spies that NAGI AND SHE BOTH KNEW ABOUT.

And don't try to tell me something like "Oh, but she had to wait until they learned acting selfishly wouldn't solve anything and they needed to work together." The HiME already knew how to do that. The entire premise of the first 16 episodes of the show (minus the Akane subplot, which can easily be ignored and the plot even goes out of the way to ignore with brilliant pacing ideas like "Kill dude; Follow up with completely unrelated Beach Fanservice episode") is nothing BUT friendship and teamwork saving the day. The HiME defeated Searrs, who used the exact same "Do as we say or our big space weapon will kill you" ultimatum Nagi would later rehash, WITH TEAMWORK. By completely ignoring this accomplishment and going "Okay everyone's suddenly going to be paranoid and angsty and untrustworthy of each other for no reason" to kick off the Festival arc, the writers set the entire cast's character development back by about 20 miles and just made everyone look like idiots.

Yeah. They set up Mashiro as this mysterious but sympathetic anti-hero, and it just ends up falling flat on its face the moment you start thinking about it.

HiME's anime ending gets bashed too much. In the specific trying-sooooo-hard-to-be-serious-but-not-working-at-all context of the anime Festival storyline, it's actually good. It rolled the characters back to their episode 16 state (+Akane), which is exactly where the show should have ended in the first place. It's not a cop out when it's correcting the Festival arc's nonsensical writing, which was a cop out to begin with.

I like the second half of My HiME for what it tries to be, but I hate it for its absurdity and pretentiousness. You basically have to watch it as a dark comedy for it to work.
Can we both agree Sunrise is trying to make up for the Mai franchise.

That's a plus sign, Right?
Old 2011-03-08, 03:04   Link #131
Hagoshod
Banned

Well, yeah, they already made up for it.

EXA was basically the apology revision of the Festival storyline.
Old 2011-03-08, 11:55   Link #132
Highman

Quote:
Well, yeah, they already made up for it.

EXA was basically the apology revision of the Festival storyline.
If your going to make short retelling of the Carnival then please don't rush pace the story.

Wasn't please by Sunrise's idea to rush unless the Character designs were crappy.
Old 2011-03-08, 15:23   Link #133
Hagoshod
Banned

EXA wasn't rushed. It was as long as it needed to be, and it fixed the anime's problem of trying to focus on too many characters at once.

If anything, including Shizuru was completely unnecessary. She was only there to increase sales.
Old 2011-03-08, 23:14   Link #134
Highman

Quote:
EXA wasn't rushed. It was as long as it needed to be, and it fixed the anime's problem of trying to focus on too many characters at once.

If anything, including Shizuru was completely unnecessary. She was only there to increase sales.
It's an Shizuru centric type of story ? But I don't see her win the whole damn festival.

Something tells me Sunrise didn't like the character designs.
Old 2011-03-09, 00:54   Link #135
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
It's an Shizuru centric type of story ?

That is my reaction to that concept.
Old 2011-04-25, 01:58   Link #136
Cari-san

Sergey Wong = Pedobear
Old 2011-05-08, 22:51   Link #137
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
Nagi is troll character, you cannot stop his devilish ways. Nagi isn't the only person to hate,Ishigami has set an example being as an hateful villain.
Quote:

Yes obviously, talk about getting me on my friggin nerves.
Old 2011-08-24, 04:15   Link #138
YuriEcchiGirl

I don't like Nina Wong personally all that much in the second series I'm afarid
Old 2011-08-30, 07:17   Link #139
kitten320

Why so many peole hate Sergey? It always confused me... if he is pedophile then who is Nina and Arika? They are the ones who were constantly getting on top of him =/

Besides he never slept with Nina.
Old 2011-08-30, 14:58   Link #140
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriEcchiGirl View Post
I don't like Nina Wong personally all that much in the second series I'm afarid
You prefer Chun-Mei instead of Nina
Closed Thread