AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-09-08, 22:26   Link #221
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

That was just glorious. I'm going to assume most of that PV are scenes from the first episode. If they can keep up that level of action throughout 2 cours, I'll definitely want the BD.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 22:30   Link #222
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Why hello there Hiroyuki Sawano! I did not know you were doing this show!

ryo is only doing the songs.

If it wasn't high already my excitement just went o9k.
Yes for those who don't know who he is he did the Gundam Unicorn OST. There really could just not be anything more going for this show at this point. Gorgeous animation, great character design, an interesting setting and premise and now arguably one of the best composers out there doing the music. I was sold at the first PV, but this just keeps getting better and better.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 23:55   Link #223
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Added seiyu of other characters here, gonna add information about "new" characters soon.
upd.: finished translating

Also, here's the full staff list:
Direction: Araki Tetsurou
Series Composition: Yoshino Hiroyuki
Series Composition Assistant: Ookouchi Ichirou
Original Character Design: redjuice
Animation Character: Katou Hiromi
Chief Animation Direction: Yahagi Toshiyuki & Kadowaki Satoshi
Chief Animation Direction: Asano Kyouji & Chiba Takaaki
Mechanical Design: Takeuchi Atsushi
Art Direction: Takeda Yuusuke
Prop Design & Image Board: Moriyama Hiroshi
Theme Song & Insert Song: ryo
Music: Sawano Hiroyuki
Sound Direction: Mima Masafumi
Sound Effects: Kurahashi Shizuo
Animation Work: Production I.G 6th Department
Production: Guilty Crown Production Committee

Mecha:
Ghoche
Pictures there
Mass-produced End Rave of GHQ.

End Rave:
Robot that's owned by GHQ.
This operation means that some special technique can be used.

Jyumou
Pictures are there
Oldest type of End Rave.

End Rave:
Robot that's owned by GHQ.
This operation means that some special technique can be used.

End Rave
Humanoid weapons that have been constructed in this world.
Had been deployed in Japan under the use of GHQ.
There have a variety of forms, e.g. there's illustration of Steiner.
Shu will confront them in person.

Last edited by Iby; 2011-10-06 at 00:44.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 03:17   Link #224
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Why hello there Hiroyuki Sawano! I did not know you were doing this show!

ryo is only doing the songs.

If it wasn't high already my excitement just went o9k.
Now that I've watched the PV again, the music in the middle does sound a lot like his style. Guilty Crown just shot right up there with Fate/Zero in terms of anticipation. I can easily see myself wanting the BDs now. >.<
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 03:57   Link #225
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
After looking at PV2,Inori is simply the hottest 2D girl I've ever seen

Of course the show looks gorgeous in general.

I've always found director Araki good at making a show look good despite using plenty of still frames but it looks like there won't be much of them here.
Old 2011-09-09, 04:05   Link #226
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Very impressive PV. I wouldn't be surprised if this show ended up being my favourite of the Fall season.

It's good to hear more from Hiroyuki Sawano. Personally i highly recommend of the direction he's going in with Blue Exorcist, so i'm pleased to hear similar themes appear in this PV.
Old 2011-09-09, 04:16   Link #227
Westlo
Lets be reality

On one hand I'm disappointed that Ryo is only doing the ED and Insert themes, I thought it would've been interesting to see what he came up with for an anime score. But Hiroyuki Sawano's is killing it right now with Blue Exorcist so seeing him attached to this is awesome news.

Also that 2nd PV is fucking godlike, that's how you do an anime trailer, other companies please take note.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:30   Link #228
Jarmel

That PV was beyond glorious.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:40   Link #229
totoum
Me at work

Wait a minute,there's four chief animation directors?Talk about a blockbuster amount of staff Hell,there's even a KyoAni transfer in there.

And yes,I'm loving Hiroyuki Sawano work on blue exorcist so I'm looking forward to more of that.
Old 2011-09-09, 05:41   Link #230
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

that was a fantastic PV! really like the character design especially inori, and ryo is a nice bonus

glad this will be a 2 cour anime.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 05:42   Link #231
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
On one hand I'm disappointed that Ryo is only doing the ED and Insert themes, I thought it would've been interesting to see what he came up with for an anime score. But Hiroyuki Sawano's is killing it right now with Blue Exorcist so seeing him attached to this is awesome news.

Also that 2nd PV is fucking godlike, that's how you do an anime trailer, other companies please take note.
Just incase you didn't know, he's composing the OP as well. In fact, the OP is the second song you heard in the PV. I thought it was the ED initially as well but it said "Opening Theme" at the bottom of the screen when it started playing.

Now, my only worry is pacing in episode 1. That looks like an awful lot to fit into one episode judging from the PV, so I hope the PV was a split of eps 1 and 2. I don't want another Sacred Seven situation with an incredibly rushed first episode that underwhelms everyone.
Old 2011-09-09, 06:11   Link #232
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Wait a minute,there's four chief animation directors?Talk about a blockbuster amount of staff Hell,there's even a KyoAni transfer in there.

And yes,I'm loving Hiroyuki Sawano work on blue exorcist so I'm looking forward to more of that.
Yeah, two of them are 総作画監督 and the other to are インアニメーター but anidb says that both of these titles are Chief Animation Direction

P.S.: 総作画監督 - Animation direction for the whole anime.
インアニメーター - Main Animator - eventually means the same thing as 総作画監督 (Chief Animation Direction). In Code Geass 総作画監督 was used on a per episode basis and メインアニメーター for the whole series.
Old 2011-09-09, 11:11   Link #233
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think you're totally mistaken here. Main Animator does not mean the same thing as Chief Animation Director.

On an anime production Animation Directors supervise the animation process and set the tone and style for the animation and keyframes. In other words, they generally handle layouts and corrections, while the animation itself is done by other animators.

Main Animators are a relatively recent (in the last few years) form of credit, which separates the average key animator on the show from those who are animating a larger proportion of the series and/or the more important scenes in the series. Main Animators are actual key animators who are responsible for animating the actual scenes, and they do not handle supervision or correction.

There's a huge difference.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 11:26   Link #234
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I think you're totally mistaken here. Main Animator does not mean the same thing as Chief Animation Director.

On an anime production Animation Directors supervise the animation process and set the tone and style for the animation and keyframes. In other words, they generally handle layouts and corrections, while the animation itself is done by other animators.

Main Animators are a relatively recent (in the last few years) form of credit, which separates the average key animator on the show from those who are animating a larger proportion of the series and/or the more important scenes in the series. Main Animators are actual key animators who are responsible for animating the actual scenes, and they do not handle supervision or correction.

Right so we've got two actual chief animation directors which isn't unheard of.

So basicly,when I see some kind of epic action sequence I can suppose that it's one of the two main animators who handled the key animation?
Old 2011-09-09, 11:41   Link #235
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Right so we've got two actual chief animation directors which isn't unheard of.

So basicly,when I see some kind of epic action sequence I can suppose that it's one of the two main animators who handled the key animation?
Depends on the production itself and how they want to credit the staff really. It's not always the case that the credited main animators are the ones who specialize on the action scenes. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not. For example, in Soul Eater, Kazumi Inadome is the "main animator" for the series, but Yutaka Nakamura is the one who is responsible for all the major action sequences in the series. He's well known enough that he doesn't require such a credit because the scenes he animate are very obvious. On FMA:B on the other hand, did credit Yoshimichi Kameda as one of the main key animators, and he handled almost all the major action sequences in the series.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 12:32   Link #236
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I love how I'm apparently the only person who's frame of reference for Sawano is Unicorn and not Blue Exorcist. To be honest I don't even know what Blue Exorcist is, but I'm sure his soundtrack for it is probably good too seeing as how his Gigantic Formula OST is as well. He seems pretty consistent.

Also count me as someone who is not sorry that Ryo is not doing the OST other than the opening. I thought that looked like a really weird choice for something that looks like this does in the PV's so I'm glad a real composer who I know can score many different types of scenes well and maximize their dramatic potential is sitting down to do the music as opposed to a dojin group that is mostly known for using Vocaloid (which I see as a bad auto-tune setting and don't really care for) in their music and being popular with otaku on the niconico scene. Made the right choice on how to handle the sound of this show I.G.

edit: Listening to some of the Blue Exorcist OST now. It really is good as expected and sounds quite Unicornish much like Gigantic Formula while still managing to have it's own distinct rhythms and melodies. Hiroyuki Sawano is definitely my favorite composer getting frequent work in anime right now.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-09-09 at 13:01.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 12:57   Link #237
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

Don't get me wrong, I've just quoted text from anidb, not more, not less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I love how I'm apparently the only person who's frame of reference for Sawano is Unicorn and not Blue Exorcist. To be honest I don't even know what Blue Exorcist is, but I'm sure his soundtrack for it is probably good too seeing as how his Gigantic Formula OST is as well. He seems pretty consistent.

Also count me as someone who is not sorry that Ryo is not doing the OST other than the opening. I thought that looked like a really weird choice for something that looks like this does in the PV's so I'm glad a real composer who I know can score many different types of scenes well and maximize their dramatic potential is sitting down to do the music as opposed to a dojin group that is mostly known for using Vocaloid (which I see as a bad auto-tune setting and don't really care for) in their music and being popular with otaku on the niconico scene. Made the right choice on how to handle the sound of this show I.G.

edit: Listening to some of the Blue Exorcist now. It really is good and sounds quite Unicornish much like Gigantic Formula while still managing to have it's own distinct rhythms and melodies. Hiroyuki Sawano is definitely my favorite composer getting frequent work in anime right now.
You know, ryo himself composed soundtrackes for Cencoroll & Black Rock Shooter OVA, and also released the album with the vocalist Nagi without Vocaloid, so I gues he's quite confident himself.
Old 2011-09-09, 13:10   Link #238
Helius

Supercell Selects 15-Year-Old Singer for Next Album

Wanna bet the next singers for the 2nd OP and ED will be 13 and 10 years old respectively? :P
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 13:14   Link #239
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Well then ... this just moved up from ''cautiously anticipated'' to ''simultaneously dreading and anticipating''.

Talk about mind blowing ... just amazing stuff.

Speaking of, I can sort of see the Macross angle now ...
Quote:
I love how I'm apparently the only person who's frame of reference for Sawano is Unicorn and not Blue Exorcist.
It's the one ongoing show you can hear his score from (until Unicorn 4 comes out anyway), so it's natural that many would think of it as reference. It's certainly a great score, not his best, but it's the most recent work, so it's the one that would pop in many people mind.
Quote:
Well, you can have your own preference, and I certainly agree Sawano is hard to top by anyone, but I wouldn't knock down this ''dojin group'' just because they aren't ''real'' composers. For starter, what exactly does ryo lack that doesn't make him a ''real'' composer? Sure, he may not be on the same level of quality as Sawano (arguable, since I think he can do some great scores for fantasy-based settings, capturing the ''fantastic aspect'' of the show) but that doesn't mean he's going to be less of a composer.

And anyway, I don't think that being popular on nico or with otaku is a bad thing. Heck, you praised the character designs, which were conceived by redjuice. Just because it's fan produced/ made by a doujin group that doesn't mean it's going to be of less quality.

I think that it would've been fitting to have ryo actually work on the show (since I do think he would've been at home here with a show that's practically an extended music video) but alas ...

Last edited by Arabesque; 2011-09-09 at 22:54. Reason: Expanding a bit/correcting some words
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 13:41   Link #240
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Well, the whole idea with this EGOIST thing is a real homage to the supercell group itself, which consists of one musician (ryo) and ton of illustrators & guest vocalists such as vocaloid Miku or niconico singer Nagi.
EGOIST consists of illustrator and singer)

At least ryo will be behind the music of EGOIST in anime

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig